• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

I kinda wanna play now! Any Tekken GAFers want some VF5 action going?

I won't be able to play this whole week. :/
Gonna be moving close to NYC tomorrow because my work is there now. Will have my PS3 with me next week but I'm not even sure how my internet will be over there.

AAK

Looking for a store in the Euro zone that will get all the DLC characters, but most that I contact are clueless themselves. Ugh. :|

I think it's from that retailer called GAME. I could be wrong.

Something happened today. I was playing VF5 today and I managed to run into Malekith! He's the legendary Asuka player from Europe. The fact that I was playing such a crazy competitor and someone all the way in Europe was so much fun.

Sayah

Something happened today. I was playing VF5 today and I managed to run into Malekith! He's the legendary Asuka player from Europe. The fact that I was playing such a crazy competitor and someone all the way in Europe was so much fun.

I think I can barely recognize anyone from the tournament scene, lol. I just watch the matches as a learning experience or to quench my thirst for TTT2. :p

Looking for a store in the Euro zone that will get all the DLC characters, but most that I contact are clueless themselves. Ugh. :|

I hear the Australian edition of the "We Are Tekken" edition includes every pre-order content within it but I'm unsure If that applies for any other regions.

It's weird, none of the PR folk at Namco can't even say anything about the issue on whether or not the WAT edition contains all the characters so I'm just left with the idea that they'll bring it up once they reveal all the pre-order plans. (I'm assuming some of the not yet revealed characters or stages are being pre order 'bonus' too.)

EDIT: Okay, just went and looked this up and it does seem to be an ANZ region exclusive thing. Hmmmm...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/tekke...ken-tag-tournament-2-anz-ed/10151725382047925

AvVhpZBCIAEryfy.png:large

Doomshine

You left out an important piece of information: was he playing Aoi?

I hear the Australian edition of the "We Are Tekken" edition includes every pre-order content within it but I'm unsure If that applies for any other regions.

It's weird, none of the PR folk at Namco can't even say anything about the issue on whether or not the WAT edition contains all the characters so I'm just left with the idea that they'll bring it up once they reveal all the pre-order plans. (I'm assuming some of the not yet revealed characters or stages are being pre order 'bonus' too.)

Thanks, I guess I'll just wait and see. I also kind of want that Snoop Dogg stage, now I have to find out if that's another thing that's retailer exclusive or something. Sigh. :|

AAK

You left out an important piece of information: was he playing Aoi?

Yup, he sure was!

I main Aoi too, but I was trying out Vanessa for that match... so yeah he kicked my ass :p. It wasn't a very complicated Aoi game, I didn't notice any use of the guard cancel into Sundome mixups or counters. Just overall good spacing, punishing, completing combo's, and getting the guaranteed damage off her parries.

Sent him a message saying we'll rematch for Tag2 hopefully! He replied back saying "Maybe we will :)"

AAK

Not sure if you guys heard about it yet, but enzo_gt in the fighting games weekly thread mentioned this a couple hours ago.

TxSF and TTT2 news to be announced at Japan Expo, July 6-8

Probably a miss-translation. Don't get your hopes up people. It doesn't make sense for Namco to dilute the hot water that is TTT2 for another game.

Also, the main thing, is that I'm predicting TxSF to come out for Next Gen... whenever that is. Also.... SFxT has tons of negativity towards it. I personally wouldn't think it's smart to reveal something in the same line as it this early, it would be in Namco's best interest to wait for the hate to dissipate.

And for those who've missed it, Tekken Crash Episode 6:

Magnet Link

youtube link

Awesome, AWESOME episode.

I would never be able to concentrate with a woman with such a perfect body sitting half naked behind me breathing down my neck

AAK

I request everyone and anyone that is lurking or reading this thread to please go to Harada or Micheal Murray's twitter:

@Harada_TEKKEN

@mykeryu

And beg them to include a frame-data counter for Tekken. It's in VF5 and I can't live without it now! I don't know how frustrated I'm going to be in TTT2's practice mode without this feature. PLEASE I beg all of you!

Uraizen

Banned
I request everyone and anyone that is lurking or reading this thread to please go to Harada or Micheal Murray's twitter:

@Harada_TEKKEN

@mykeryu

And beg them to include a frame-data counter for Tekken. It's in VF5 and I can't live without it now! I don't know how frustrating I'm going to be in TTT2's practice mode without this feature. PLEASE I beg all of you!

Done ... and threw in a request for a PC version for myself.

Back to lurking.

MightyKAC

@Harada_TEKKEN

@mykeryu

And beg them to include a frame-data counter for Tekken. It's in VF5 and I can't live without it now! I don't know how frustrated I'm going to be in TTT2's practice mode without this feature. PLEASE I beg all of you!

Co-signed.

LowParry

Was there confirmation about 1P and 2P side having custom saves right? That was one thing I really enjoyed about T5: DR. And I'll tweet about that frame data for sure. :D

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

@Harada_TEKKEN

@mykeryu

Will do.

Horseress

How people that don't buy the Special Edition will have access to the DLC characters? Harada said a million times that we'll not have paid DLC, but....

Sayah

@Harada_TEKKEN

@mykeryu

Will do.

How people that don't buy the Special Edition will have access to the DLC characters? Harada said a million times that we'll not have paid DLC, but....

I don't think you have to buy the special edition. As long as you pre-order, you get them. At least in the U.S., I guess b/c gamestop has the DLC characters up for the regular edition.

Otherwise, if you don't pre-order, you have to wait 3 months to get them for free.

I would do it at gamestop anyway because you get all four of the DLC characters if you read the Bonus description below. You only get two from Amazon, Best Buy and others.

@Harada_TEKKEN

@mykeryu

Not only that but the indicator that shows which moves can be side stepped! VF5FS training mode shits on everything out there.

AAK

That wouldn't necessarily work for Tekken per se. Dinosaur said it best where Tekken is much more analogue with its movement compared to VF which is almost uinversally digital. I.e. in VF, if you input the correct sidestep you will ALWAYS evade it even if you are off axis or if a wall obstructs you path.

The example he gave was Kazuya's d/b+4, You wouldn't normally try to sidestep right out of risk of being even slightly off axis and it hitting you. BUT you know it can always work after a prevous d/b+4 since it will reset the axis to being in line with one another.

But hopefully they can come up with something of that sort :)

True. They could maybe have a notice saying "will not evade if off axis" or something along those lines. Let's just hope namco tries to inlcude as much info as possible. VF5FS has set the standard as far as training mode goes and theres no excuse not to include the frame data counter for TTT2. You can even see the frame counter during replays, its just too good.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Probably a miss-translation. Don't get your hopes up people. It doesn't make sense for Namco to dilute the hot water that is TTT2 for another game.

Also, the main thing, is that I'm predicting TxSF to come out for Next Gen... whenever that is. Also.... SFxT has tons of negativity towards it. I personally wouldn't think it's smart to reveal something in the same line as it this early, it would be in Namco's best interest to wait for the hate to dissipate.

And for those who've missed it, Tekken Crash Episode 6:

Magnet Link

youtube link

Awesome, AWESOME episode.

I would never be able to concentrate with a woman with such a perfect body sitting half naked behind me breathing down my neck

Was too busy watching CEO this weekend to check this out earlier, but that Asuka/Jun team.... love it.

Is USA getting a collector's edition? I been holding off pre-ordering till one has been announced.

No word on it yet. :/

Looks like Namco's slowly working there way around the globe with these things. Right now there's the "We Are Tekken" (UK?) edition, ANZ edition and Iron Fist edition.

http://www.gamesoul.it/2012/06/11/una-iron-fist-edition-per-tekken-tag-tournament-2/

This is all so strange to me.

---

EDIT: Uh oh, looks like one of the notable players in the Snoop Dogg video has been leaking out some information about some of the the upcoming console characters......

Pachimari

Very interesting with those new characters.. Where is the leak from? Is it reliable? Seems too good to be true that they aren't palette swaps.

AAK

Lack of palette swap is possible... looking at Angel, she only looks marginally different from Devil Jin, but still doesn't qualify as a straight up pallette swap IMO. The same can be said about the others.

One thing though, if true, I will be massively salty!
Why not just make the other capoeira fighter that's already a pallette swap different instead of adding a third?????

Sayah

Just a note regarding this, it's what I'm currently hearing and it's still rumors as far as I know.

Well, damn.

Edit: I just realized SDBurton said the same two words in his post, lol. ^^^^

Lack of palette swap is possible... looking at Angel, she only looks marginally different from Devil Jin, but still doesn't qualify as a straight up pallette swap IMO. The same can be said about the others.

One thing though, if true, I will be massively salty!
Why not just make the other capoeira fighter that's already a pallette swap different instead of adding a third?????

Yeah, I don't get that. As if having two of them wasn't already enough.
I'm pretty sure there was a rumor about there being a Lili clone as well. And if they are following this trend, then we probably will get another Jack too. We'll see.
For now, I just want to see Alex and Dr. B now.

S.T.L. combo video

No question about it, this will be the GOTF.

I love those sandwich combos. And yes, GOTF. I probably won't care for any other game for a year or more once I get this. At least not until TK X SF and the next Smash Bros. release.

Top Bottom