• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Pachimari

Please no Tougou. Hopefully we'll get Shin Kamiya as a skin to Jin Kazama as the rumor suggest (preferably his own character to be honest). I don't think it'll be Dr. Abel or Jane, could be interesting though.

Horseress

I think all of the stages look awesome. Although, Holland is by far my most favorite of the four. Especially thanks to the insanely good music and the colorful atmosphere.

Speculation for the other characters is Violet, Unknown, Miharu and Dr. B.
There was also a rumor for there being a character that was previously unplayable. Could be maybe Dr. Abel or Jane or someone.
Oh wow, I can definitely imagine a Dr. B and Dr. Abel team.

Unknown is already in! He's one of the bosses

GrayFoxPL

Man... it's all so beautiful... but then it scares me simultaneously, there's no way I can make an OT that will do this game justice in one post. :( NeoGAF is where so many people lurk and many times even, get their first impression of the game. That just makes the responsibility of what the final output is so much more greater.

Maybe take different approach. Focus on a tag options and maybe leave links to T6 as far as general system goes.

Hopefully gaffers write their own mini faqs for characters.

My Tag2 thread would be "Violet and Lee Thread Excellent!" and would only be about Violet and Lee and their 2 in 1 excellence. :]

Sayah

Unknown is already in! He's one of the bosses

Unknown isn't confirmed as a playable character, though. Only there as a boss for now.

Please no Tougou. Hopefully we'll get Shin Kamiya as a skin to Jin Kazama as the rumor suggest (preferably his own character to be honest). I don't think it'll be Dr. Abel or Jane, could be interesting though.
I hope it is one of them. Either one of them would be fine for me.

How did miss this video?

I eat crow, Spain stage looks awesome in this video. Bad screenshots :p.

You must have missed this thread. FW is on top of it all.

Edit: Forgive my horribad skills with aligning/editing/etc. but this is what the roster currently consists of.
jwDsmc7LMrkL6.png

GrayFoxPL

Unknown isn't confirmed as a playable character, though. Only there as a boss for now.

I hope it is one of them. Either one of them would be fine for me.

You must have missed this thread. FW is on top of it all.

Yep, missed.

I hope Shin Kamiya rumor is false, dude doesn't fight, he dies. Jin skin is too much for him.
Would've preferred double ax goatee Kazuya from live action, lol.

Sayah

Yep, missed.

I hope Shin Kamiya rumor is false, dude doesn't fight, he dies. Jin skin is too much for him.
Would've preferred double ax goatee Kazuya from live action, lol.

Kamiya would have been cooler if he did more than just
die
at the end.

vocab

Ill probably buy it. I like T6, but the online was really lacking. I heard SCV had good online, so this will most likely have the same or even better online. The new stages do look incredible.

LowParry

Ill probably buy it. I like T6, but the online was really lacking. I heard SCV had good online, so this will most likely have the same or even better online. The new stages do look incredible.

SCV has excellent online. If they keep the online feature of choosing your region of play (example: me choosing the LA area and getting full bar connections 99% of the time), I'm almost certain the online experience will be very good.

I played around a lot with Lei/Ling during Evo. Had no idea what I was doing but it felt really good. I just need a week of lab time and it's on! Two more months... :(

LowParry

Every character is unlockable in game (pre order stuff at least). It's just a matter of what you need to do to get them. Still, where the hell is the US collectors? I'm waiting Namco! My money is ready!

Pachimari

Forest, Tiger, Alex and P Jack are not preorder characters:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/222709299254788097

He said so at the announcement on stage some days ago as well.

Every character is unlockable in game (pre order stuff at least). It's just a matter of what you need to do to get them. Still, where the hell is the US collectors? I'm waiting Namco! My money is ready!
I guess, the DLC characters you'll download from PSN after the pre-order exclusivity ends. And all the other characters will surely be available from the get-go (no unlocking) like the 44 Arcade characters. At least I would assume that.

Sayah

Pre-order stuff is unlockable? That's very good. I'd rather unlock them on my own rather than use a pre-order DLC code.

And yeah, I'm waiting for the US CE before I pre-order. Doesn't make sense why it's taking so long to announce it already.

Pachimari

Pre-order stuff is unlockable? That's very good. I'd rather unlock them on my own rather than use a pre-order DLC code.

And yeah, I'm waiting for the US CE before I pre-order. Doesn't make sense why it's taking so long to announce it already.

You can not unlock them by your own. They are pre-order exclusive (for 3 months?) and then you'll probably be able to download/or unlock them through a PSN download, like any other DLC, for free.

Pachimari

So what you're saying is that all of the extra characters can be unlocked through pre-order?

Only four of them are pre-order: Angel, Ancient Ogre, Kunimitsu and Michelle Chang. You won't have them by day 1 unless you pre-order. But when that pre-order exclusivity ends, you'll be able to download them for free through PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.

Forest Law, Prototype Jack, Tiger Jackson and Alex are all available on the character screen from day 1, like the 44 other Arcade characters.

In other news, it seems like Harada is not fond of bringing Tekken characters to Super Smash Bros. 4, as those who play those games won't like it. As you remember, Namco Bandai and in some capacity TEKKEN TEAM is involved with the development.

BHK3

Banned

There's still no CE for US? What's taking so long!?

Sayah

There's still no CE for US? What's taking so long!?

Not sure myself. Although, I think the U.S. Bandai Namco team apparently has different marketing plans if an old Harada tweet is anything to go by.

Only four of them are pre-order: Angel, Ancient Ogre, Kunimitsu and Michelle Chang. You won't have them by day 1 unless you pre-order. But when that pre-order exclusivity ends, you'll be able to download them for free through PlayStation Network or Xbox Live.

Forest Law, Prototype Jack, Tiger Jackson and Alex are all available on the character screen from day 1, like the 44 other Arcade characters.

In other news, it seems like Harada is not fond of bringing Tekken characters to Super Smash Bros. 4, as those who play those games won't like it. As you remember, Namco Bandai and in some capacity TEKKEN TEAM is involved with the development.

As a very big Tekken and Smash Bros. fan myself, I would not want any Tekken characters in my Smash. Doesn't make sense to have any unless this was Namco vs. Nintendo or something like that.

You can not unlock them by your own. They are pre-order exclusive (for 3 months?) and then you'll probably be able to download/or unlock them through a PSN download, like any other DLC, for free.

Ahhhh.. Well, damn. Got my hopes up. Miss the whole feeling of unlocking characters.

oooooh, look what was left in Harada's twitter....

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/222704043947073536
ついています、というか復活させました。 RT @tag2_Gattya 返信ありがとうございます!!プラクティスでは行動を記録してCPUにやらせるような機能はついてますか?何度もすみません

Google Translate:
Was revived or called, comes with. Thank you for reply RT @ tag2_Gattya! ! In practice features such as CPU to do to record the action with Do you have? I'm sorry many times

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/222705347876503552
いえ、今回はオフライン段位は「5」と同じく最上位目指せます。オンライン用の段位とオフライン段位でわけてありますのでご心配なく。 RT @Ixa_Ichigo 質問です!家庭用TTT2の段位システムは家庭用鉄拳6と同様にオフラインでは初段でストップするんですか?

Google Translate:
House, and also aim for the top this time "5" Dan is offline. Do not worry because there separated by dan dan for online and offline. Question RT @ Ixa_Ichigo! What are you offline as well stop at the first stage of TTT2 dan system for home use and Tekken 6 for home use?

Dereck

The CPU in Tekken 6, even on Ultra Hard is much easier than playing online because they are a lot more predictable. So I think that rank offline should be separated from online rank, not a good gauge at all.

Sayah

oooooh, look what was left in Harada's twitter....

The first tweet is intriguing me. I don't understand the second tweet.

The CPU in Tekken 6, even on Ultra Hard is much easier than playing online because they are a lot more predictable. So I think that rank offline should be separated from online rank, not a good gauge at all.

I think Harada already said that online and offline would have separate ranks.

Ryce

Honest question: is something like this easy to get into? I loved Tekken 3 and the first Tag Tournament, but that was a long time ago, and I'm really terrible at fighting games (even though I like them). All of these new character announcements are getting me excited, but I don't know if I should bother hyping myself up for something that might intimidate me.

GrayFoxPL

Honest question: is something like this easy to get into? I loved Tekken 3 and the first Tag Tournament, but that was a long time ago, and I'm really terrible at fighting games (even though I like them). All of these new character announcements are getting me excited, but I don't know if I should bother hyping myself up for something that might intimidate me.

Any fighting game is intimidating nowadays. Play for fun.

The game doesn't have difficult commands if you mean that.

Ryce

Yeah, that's mostly what I meant. I don't really play online all that often so the competitive skill level isn't something that particularly affects me. A part of me is saying, "awesome, Alex is back!", and another part of me wants to just stay away and stick to something more casual like PlayStation All-Stars. It's confusing.

Sayah

If you play online, I'm assuming you'll get infuriated at one point or another. But why not try getting better if you think you're terrible? I used to suck like shit but I think I'm good/above average now. Just takes time learning the mechanics but once you know what you're doing, it's very rewarding. Especially in Tekken.

Anyone here have T6 still?

Of course. Wouldn't even think about selling that game. Best money ever spent. Well, maybe second best. My most played game this generation after Smash Bros. Brawl.

You can play for fun and get exactly what you want to get out of it. It looks as though they're adding training methods to get you deep into the system if you so choose.

Top Bottom