• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Dereck

I did notice after the fight with P. Jack and Forest, when they selected characters, it showed Rip and the other guy I forgot his name.

If anything LevelUpYourGame can tell all of us.

Pachimari

I don't know, maybe they're just trolling or joking around. I'm reading Tekken Nation. I personally don't believe the 100-200 unique moves, in fact, I'm now pretty sure they're joking. Though, more people are talking about them having many new moves..

Anyway, so what were the reveals? That the players there get to play a newer build and a new release date?

Dereck

Tekken Nation is a bit annoying more than useful. I would rely more on the videos.

One thing I can say for sure, is that Forest can't do the full Frogman according to that stream, he just falls.

Also, Marshall's vintage grab where he runs up the opponents torso, flips, and then falls on them, Forest just pounces on the head instead.

Pachimari

'Clarens' is gonna share one CG render of one of the last revealed characters in a few minutes.

What's the next event for Tekken? SDCC?

Sayah

Tekken combo video was so sick. No new reveals, though. Showing was ruined with the emphasis on Snoop Dogg. Plus, the two players were dropping combos left and right.

And hating on Tekken must be some really cool trend now. Are people really that dense? This is why I can't watch streams or read through threads based on streams.

Dereck

Tekken combo video was so sick. No new reveals, though. Showing was ruined with the emphasis on Snoop Dogg. Plus, the two players were dropping combos left and right.

And hating on Tekken must be some really cool trend now. Are people really that dense? This is why I can't watch streams or read through threads based on streams.
This is why you just don't read them, seriously all of them are pretty much blissful trolling with guys who've probably never played Tekken.

Sayah

This is why you just don't read them, seriously all of them are pretty much blissful trolling with guys who've probably never played Tekken.

Yeah, I don't know why I bothered to read. I just hope it really is trolling and not ignorance. lol

Pachimari

Why can't you watch it?
I'm on iPhone and in bed with my gf, so I won't distract her too much by watching a video also.

By the way, the render of Forest:

gyYqA.jpg

Pachimari

If a jack has a 100+ movelist, Tekken has gotten too complicated lol
Don't worry, that was highly likely nonsense. But they got unique moves.

Flying Womkey: I edited the same time you posted probably. :) Anyway, Forest looks to be pretty awesome.

Pachimari

How is a tournament structure best set up in fighting games?

Because I'm planning to do a local tournament with contestants in September, where people pay a little amount to enter and then they'll have a chance to win a larger price prize.

But how would be a great way of setting it?

I'm thinking of maybe a football system, where two players are drawn randomly up against each other and then for each won round they'll get awarded 3 points, if it's a draw 1 point - and then have each fight consist of 3 rounds.

Or maybe just a grid-system, where the winner go through to the quarter-final, semi-final etc. It could also be great, if it's a Pair Play tournament, and then the winning team will have the 2 players go up against each other in a final.

Sayah

We all know how good the TTT2 soundtrack is but man oh man is the new Holland Stage music epic. Might end up being my favorite track from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GA2a30biULk#t=4843s

And here I thought someone had put up the whole track on youtube for me to listen to endlessly. :/

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/b/324153018

3h:28m in to see the TTT2 part of the event.

Thank you. Need to rewatch the combo vid.

This is perfect, lol.

How is a tournament structure best set up in fighting games?

Because I'm planning to do a local tournament with contestants in September, where people pay a little amount to enter and then they'll have a chance to win a larger price prize.

But how would be a great way of setting it?

I'm thinking of maybe a football system, where two players are drawn randomly up against each other and then for each won round they'll get awarded 3 points, if it's a draw 1 point - and then have each fight consist of 3 rounds.

Or maybe just a grid-system, where the winner go through to the quarter-final, semi-final etc. It could also be great, if it's a Pair Play tournament, and then the winning team will have the 2 players go up against each other in a final.

Pair play is always too much fun. Maybe let people make pair play teams if they want to. And if they don't want to, then they can play by themselves? And if it's two people winning, they can share the prize money.

Pachimari

The fun twist of Pair Play would be, to let the two people who have been fighting together and is the winning team, to fight against each other for the prize in a final. But I don't think I can get that many people together for Pair Play actually.

But I'm planning yeah.

Sayah

The fun twist of Pair Play would be, to let the two people who have been fighting together and is the winning team, to fight against each other for the prize in a final. But I don't think I can get that many people together for Pair Play actually.

But I'm planning yeah.

That would actually be pretty awesome.

Horseress

There will supposedly be a total of 58 characters. Right now, we have 53, I think if you want to count Combot as a character. Otherwise, 52.

We still have 6 characters to be announced?! Damn, who still isn't in the game?! I'm not a Tekken fan for that long time, but all characters I know are in the game already

Dereck

Yes, fans are scraping the bottom of the barrel for character ideas to tweet to Harada. Every single character, whether fought or not, was a palette swap, or bonus character in one single game, needs to come back, according to the majority of Tekken fans.

AAK

Man I'm just overwhelmed with the amount of info seeping in and the fact that there's even more to come. My mind is just boggling at how much work is being put into this.

But at the same time, the flip side is that because all these new characters definitely means that the level of customization for every character definitely CAN'T be as detailed as T6BR. They have to spread the content across all the characters.

Pachimari

Philippines
VrWSel.jpg

I love this stage. It has a homage to Timezone and Quantum who have Tekken cabinets. And it's all at the sunset at Pasay in Manila, beautiful. It also have jeepneys and tricycles, can't be better than this.

Netherlands
L7E1Kl.jpg

Love it.

Paris
Ku8TX.jpg

Looks really dull in my opinion, too much grey. Sad, as it's Paris of all places.

Barcelona, Spain
54km2.jpg

Fantastic with all the fireworks!

GrayFoxPL

Different tastes I guess.

I like the Paris stage the best, photorealistic, detailed and not obvious. Love the rainy atmosphere.

Spain looks awful, fireworks got old long time ago and flamenco stage? Of course only thing Spaniards do is dance flamenco and fight bulls. Lame.

Philippines look barren. Palm trees, sunset and cars. Uh ok.

Holland looks lol, new sheep stage.

Sayah

I think all of the stages look awesome. Although, Holland is by far my most favorite of the four. Especially thanks to the insanely good music and the colorful atmosphere.
We still have 6 characters to be announced?! Damn, who still isn't in the game?! I'm not a Tekken fan for that long time, but all characters I know are in the game already

Speculation for the other characters is Violet, Unknown, Miharu and Dr. B.
There was also a rumor for there being a character that was previously unplayable. Could be maybe Dr. Abel or Jane or someone.
Oh wow, I can definitely imagine a Dr. B and Dr. Abel team.

AAK

Man... it's all so beautiful... but then it scares me simultaneously, there's no way I can make an OT that will do this game justice in one post. :( NeoGAF is where so many people lurk and many times even, get their first impression of the game. That just makes the responsibility of what the final output is so much more greater.

I think all of the stages look awesome. Although, Holland is by far my most favorite of the four. Especially thanks to the insanely good music and the colorful atmosphere.

Speculation for the other characters is Violet, Unknown, Miharu and Dr. B.
There was also a rumor for there being a character that was previously unplayable. Could be maybe Dr. Abel or Jane or someone.
Oh wow, I can definitely imagine a Dr. B and Dr. Abel team.
I'd think Tougou (sp?) to throw loLarscrubs (not the good ones) a bone.

Sayah

I'd think Tougou (sp?) to throw loLarscrubs (not the good ones) a bone.

He would be very similar to Lars and I don't think I can stand another Lars. lol

Man... it's all so beautiful... but then it scares me simultaneously, there's no way I can make an OT that will do this game justice in one post. :( NeoGAF is where so many people lurk and many times even, get their first impression of the game. That just makes the responsibility of what the final output is so much more greater.

Don't worry. You'll do an awesome job. :)

If you need help with anything I can do, I am here.

Top Bottom