• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

That's very interesting. I was also frustrated with the bound system initially with T6 but I have learned to really love it now. I guess aside from seeing it as a combo extender, I think it also offers extra room to experiment.

I also hated walls up until I really got into T6. Now I only pick open stages for practicing and usually don't like picking them in Vs. battles. I've found wall pressure to be one of the best things about contemporary Tekken that I don't see other fighters replicating as well. The amount of tension that's there is just insane crazy and it's more easily noticeable when you're playing local matches against a formidable opponent. Online lag sort of ruins that. :/

I expect double the craziness with Tag 2 now.
I dig walls and long combos from walls because you essentially won twice. Once for landing the hit, second for positioning. It's the open field long juggles I don't like. I think I would like bound more if every hit didn't have so much re-juggling ability.

I guess when you play multiple fighters I suppose you find things you like and don't like in each one.

Pachimari

I really want a list of all the stages with pictures, I'll try get something together here.

STAGES (30)
- Arctic Dream, Finland

- Bountiful Sea, South Pacific

- Chamber Of Illusions, Poland (LEAK)

- Coastline Sunset, Philippines

- Condor Canyon, Columbia

- Dusk After the Rain, China

- Eternal Paradise (Tekken 2)

- Extravegant Underground (LEAK)

- Fallen Garden

- Festive Parade, United States

- Fireworks Over Barcelona, Spain

- Fontana Di Trevi, Italy

- Hall of Judgement, Japan (Tekken 3)

- Heavenly Garden

- Historic Town Square, Germany

- Moai Excavation, Chile (LEAK)

- Modern Oasis, Saudi Arabia (LEAK)

- Moonlit Wilderness, United Kingdom (Tekken 5)

- Naraku, Japan

- Riverside Promenade, France

- Sakura Schoolyard, Japan (Tekken Tag Tournament)

- Snow Castle, Canada (Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection)

- Strategic Place, Dubai

- Snoop Dog, United States

- Strongest Iron Arena, Japan (Tekken 4)

- Tempest, Norway

- Tropical Raincoast, Brazil

- Tulip Festival, Netherlands

- Wayang Kulit, Indonesia

- Winter Palace, Canada

AAK

I really want a list of all the stages with pictures, I'll try get something together here.

STAGES (28)
- Arctic Dream
- Bountiful Sea
- Brazil
- Coastline Sunset, Philippines
- Condor Canyon
- Dusk After the Rain
- Eternal Paradise (Tekken 2)
- Fallen Garden
- Festive Parade
- Fireworks Over Barcelona, Spain
- Fontana Di Trevi
- Hall of Judgement (Tekken 3)
- Heavenly Garden
- Historic Town Square
- Moonlit Wilderness (Tekken 5)
- Naraku
- Poland
- Riverside Promenade, France
- Sakura Schoolyard (Tekken Tag Tournament)
- Saudi Arabia
- Snow Castle (Tekken DR)
- Strategic Place
- Snoop Dog
- Strongest Iron Arena (Tekken 4)
- Tempest
- Tulip Festival, Netherlands
- Wayang Kulit
- Winter Palace

Did I miss a stage? I think I have missed some from the leak.

Just added some of the stage's references, I'm not sure but I wonder if one of them is a a throwback to a Tekken 1 stage. But yeah, that's definitely something I'd love to see once you're done :)

Thanks again to FW to finding it :) Greatest detective in the FGC :p

So Harada answered my question on the stream. For all those interested, TTT2 will include an option to turn off motion blur to increase resolution, just like T6 on 360.

Bleep

Harada took 10 minutes to answer my question about if there will be balance changes from the arcade to the home release! I didn't mean for it to take so long! He mentioned they will be slightly tweaking solo mode so I will be curious as to how it is changed.

Doomshine

Harada just clarified on the stream that it's not two new characters, but two TYPES of characters that are yet to be revealed. So the first type is characters that people are happy to see back and the other type is characters that people don't expect.

Pachimari

Is the interview on now?

So we have to choose between resolution and motion blur again.. Ugh I guess?

Harada just clarified on the stream that it's not two new characters, but two TYPES of characters that are yet to be revealed. So the first type is characters that people are happy to see back and the other type is characters that people don't expect.
Surely there's more than 2 reveals left.

Thanks AAK and devastatorprime for your magnificent help. :)

Okay thanks, I just woke up, so I guess I missed it. Any other interesting tidbits from his interview?

From what I recall

- No major balance changes aside from tweaking 1v2
- Netcode does use SCV tech although concessions have been made because there are 4 possible characters on screen at once. He didn't say anything about the continental matchmaking sadly
- Blur/Resolution as mentioned
- Was asked when pre-order DLC would be made available to everyone. Didn't give out a specific date or neighbourhood, so get them preorders in guys
- Fight Lab will be the only mini-game/distraction
-TxSF is being worked on

There's probably more but I can't recall, stream will probably get archived so I might double check then

Sayah

Caught the end of the tournament. Was rooting for the Anna/Nina team the whole time. Williams sisters are gonna be so good in this.

Degen

caught the last fight on the stream (nina/anna vs king/ak). king's tag combos are gonna be on another level with that wall throw

edit: what a great poster to get beaten by. EAT SUPLEX

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Is everything going to be unlocked from the start or are we going to have to dive into arcade mode like 10 times like it previous Tekkens?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Meaning all the stuff that isn't DLC (characters / Stages / non DLC Costrumes / ect)

I always hated the Tekken 1 - 4's need to throw you through arcade mode to unlock characters one by one.

Pachimari

Nothing will be locked.

I think it was like that in Tekken 5 and surely in Tekken 6, that everything were unlocked. Of course you still have to grind money from fights in order to get customizations.

If you guys find more pictures of the stages let me know.

Dereck

Meaning all the stuff that isn't DLC (characters / Stages / non DLC Costrumes / ect)

I always hated the Tekken 1 - 4's need to throw you through arcade mode to unlock characters one by one.
That's interesting because I enjoyed that feature from the beginning.

Pachimari

There's no pics of the leaked stages until they'll be officially unveiled I guess.

From Tekken Zaibatsu:

- Harada have MORE than 2 characters to announce. Though, there will be 2 TYPES, some characters you expect and some characters you wouldn't expect. Some of them will be announced before the release of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and others will be announced after the release of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and they'll be free DLC.

Impressions:
My general impressions: Kuni sucks, Angel is good. Graphics are MUCH better than T6 console. Fight Lab is garbage. Snoop Dogg stage as default is REALLY FRUSTRATING, you need to make a conscious effort to not pick it.

There was a lot of slowdown whenever 3-4 chars were on screen at once. Hopefully this is only due to it being a test version, if it's anything like that in the home release then its totally unacceptable.

General online stuff: They're really hopeful that online mode will be competive, and have taken a lot of steps to deliver the best possible experience.

I didn't ask Harada about this, but from my person experience playtesting fight lab it's not likely to be useful at all let alone go into advanced techniques. Really basic/limited

- There's no 'Team Battle' mode Online.
- We won't be able to export online matches or practice sessions to .mp4.
- A lot of nostalgic and old-school stuff will be making a return, specifically costumes.
- There will be more customizations than in the Arcade release.
- On PS3, we will be able to take screenshots like in Tekken 6.

DEATH™

Hey guys, that's MMT, one of the best, if not the best, player on australia... He represent us king and ak players well... You don't just play him and expect to win...

The second player I think is kantoro... They meet alot on every grand finals tourney, last one in shadowloo...

GrayFoxPL

There's no pics of the leaked stages until they'll be officially unveiled I guess.

From Tekken Zaibatsu:

- Harada have MORE than 2 characters to announce. Though, there will be 2 TYPES, some characters you expect and some characters you wouldn't expect. Some of them will be announced before the release of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and others will be announced after the release of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and they'll be free DLC.

Impressions:

"There was a lot of slowdown whenever 3-4 chars were on screen at once. Hopefully this is only due to it being a test version, if it's anything like that in the home release then its totally unacceptable."

- There's no 'Team Battle' mode Online.
- We won't be able to export online matches or practice sessions to .mp4.
- A lot of nostalgic and old-school stuff will be making a return, specifically costumes.
- There will be more customizations than in the Arcade release.
- On PS3, we will be able to take screenshots like in Tekken 6.

Slowdown? Weird, didn't see any in live presentations and I'm sensitive on this.

Pachimari

Wait, to clarify, it's not 2 characters that will be announced, it'll be 2 TYPES of characters they'll announce. Those we expect and those that'll surprise us.

I now believe we'll see all of Unknown, Violet, Miharu, Dr. Boskonovitch, Shin Kamiya, Jane, Dr. Abel and Tougou. =p

It's just still strange to me, that they would use the Devil designs for Tekken Hybrid only and not the full TTT2 game.

MrDenny

Someone on the stream asked if there would be an online pass and Harada mentioned he would like to include one.
He mentions piracy as one reason, in some countries they illegally bundle the Tekken games together and sell them in a collection.

So happy St.George over at zaibatsu was able to get my questions answered. I'm now hopeful that we can remove gloves from alot of the tops lol. Expect a ton of screenshots come September, everyone on PS3 better be posting their customizations.

Pachimari

So happy St.George over at zaibatsu was able to gey my questions answered. I'm now hopeful that we can remove gloves from alot of the tops lol. Expect a ton of screenshots come September, everyone on PS3 better be posting their customizations.

But he just said there would be more customizations, he didn't know if it would be more detailed. I didn't see any indication of the parts being separate but of course it would be very nice if that turns out to be the case. :)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
But he just said there would be more customizations, he didn't know if it would be more detailed. I didn't see any indication of the parts being separate but of course it would be very nice if that turns out to be the case. :)

One can only hope.

Pachimari

By the way, Kane on TZ noticed, that it must have been the E3 build he have played, as only Angel and Kunimitsu were playable, the Snoop Dog stage being default and slowdowns.

I forget, do we know how many customization slots each character gets? Or is it like Soul Calibur V in that all the characters share one bank of slots.

P.S. I need more speedo pics Harada.

AAK

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0307895963/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Apparently Prima is doing a TTT2 guide which has 320 pages and full frame data. Must of been tough considering the amount of characters we're getting.

...Interesting...

Does anyone have any experience with previous Prima guides? Are they any good? I hope the frame data is accurate.

I forget, do we know how many customization slots each character gets? Or is it like Soul Calibur V in that all the characters share one bank of slots.

P.S. I need more speedo pics Harada.

It's 4 if I recall correctly. Well it was that way in the arcade version, I assume it's the same in console. There is a slot for customization on each of the X,[],O,/\ face buttons.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/153/G015310/20120719079/

012la.jpg

<3 According to google translate its called the 5 fluffy skirt benefits. I wonder if this will be a preorder bonus as well.

I go to zaibatsu to post this and Flying Wonkey already has it taken care of, this man does not sleep!

Each character gets 4 slots for customization now with each option given to the different face buttons. (LP, RP, LK, RK)

This however could change in console version but I don't think Namco has mentioned any changes to it.

I go to zaibatsu to post this and Flying Wonkey already has it taken care of, this man does not sleep!

...Can't .... Sleep... September so.... Close. >.>

But hey at least you found the bigger version of it. And blah Harada's tweeting in Japanese again: (It's probably incorrect due to lol google translate)

Angel's not getting a swimsuit:
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/statuses/225896233158471681

Swimsuits not generic, tailor made for each character:
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/225894849440792576

Unknown will be playable on console If there is plenty of demand for it:
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/statuses/225900818916864000

Pachimari

So what we should do, is demand Unknown be playable. To me it sounds like she might become a DLC character after release then..

Are we guys doing some kind of clan? It looks like there's some kind of feature in it yeah.

l_5005cb1dbf0b14kb9b.jpg

I like this response from Harada:

I always responded to a fan's request. It's my turn. Pre-Order plz & No Illegal copy plz RT @YeimaiSHeirsgun No online pass, please. :(

We might get new or updated movesets as DLC:

Characters, Stages, Moveset, Online-Pass = All Free.

Cool thx! I'll add more Characters! RT@J_R124 I'm preo-rdering two copies of TTT2. One for PS3 and another for XBOX360. I can't wait!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0307895963/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Apparently Prima is doing a TTT2 guide which has 320 pages and full frame data. Must of been tough considering the amount of characters we're getting.
Thanks, I guess I'll pre-order this. As well as order 2 Hori Officially Licensed Real Arcade Pro V3 SA sticks soon and 'We Are Tekken' edition as well. And then Asuka Kazama Kotobukiya Bishoujo figure in november - man the girlfriend must not know about this haha.

Top Bottom