• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

LowParry

Yeah, online seems to have none of the moving aspect of stages. I'm fine with this. As long as it makes online stable. And and that Michelle stage music towards the end of that second video. :D So good.

Sayah

So apparently you can now wait in training mode when you are looking for an online opponent neato:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVaTMQY-bBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Tzt3mzYbY

Anyone notice how they removed some things in the background of stages for online? I guess that's one way of compressing data sent over online battles.
Looking great.

And yeah, I'm fine with removing some background elements during online play to make the game run smoother.

Dont know why but I get the feeling Leo will wear something like a this but the top wont be tied up and will cover the majority of her behind.
55342849.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Leo's never gonna wear girly/bikini clothes.
They've revealed her gender, but in tekken universe she's still unknown, undercover maybe. She's still kinda the trans-gender/unisex style with tendency on boyish looks and they definitely won't change that anytime soon. Because this is how's Leo's like and fans, especially Japanese/Korean/Chinese, love it that way. I've grown to like it too.

I know that in western culture there's tendency to sooner or later strip any female character, but I don't think Harada will ever go for it. Unless order from Namco will be given to "please" western fans. I hope it'll never happen. Harada would drink himself to death. Me too.

Edit:
Watch them give her a life vest or something.

They better not!

They won't strip her, lol.

Life vest is smart idea, but I'm personally betting either scuba suit and gear(Leo's archaeologist/explorer afaik) or no option at all.

Pachimari

New screenshots of the 4 last revealed characters on their Facebook page.

Ed8vLl.jpg

I'm planning on having the default costume on X, the Bikinis on O and Retro outfits on Triangle.

3Bp6kl.jpg
iBhALl.jpg

Harada gave some hints as for 2 of the next characters:

"One is a character a lot of people have been asking for his return. So, maybe they won’t be surprised, but a lot of people will be happy to hear about this."
I'm thinking Dr. Bosconovitch.

Hint 2: "Maybe, it’s not quite a new character, but it’s one people will be very surprised at. This character is one that they wouldn’t have discovered."
Shin Kamiya, Tougou, Jane or Dr. Abel. Or maybe Miharu, though that wouldn't surprise me.

I love speculation times:

5 characters left in the roster:
Dr. B - rumored
Shin Kamiya - rumored
Miharu - my guess
Violet/Tetsujin/Tougou - Can't decide :/
Unknown - a given

Also lol some silly mod on TZ supposedly leaked the name of a new stage: "Chamber Of Illusions" which is set in Poland.

Pachimari

Yeah I saw that conversation hehehe. Chamber of Illusions, interesting.

By the way, there aren't any Tekken 4 stages in TTT2 yet, right?

Oh, and I'm thinking of going out to buy either Tekken 6 or Tekken Hybrid today, I must resist. Only 2 months for TTT2 and an arcade stick.

Pachimari

Tekken 6 used is dirt cheap, especially the classics edition.

Yeah, I'll think about it in the coming days.

Do you guys remember what the name were of the one stage in Tekken 4, were the fights were on the street with people looking and phone boxes in the middle of it etc. ? I really loved that stage and I'm hoping for a return. Also, Jin Kazama's costumes from that game and the classic yellow one from Tekken 3, even though I'm not a Jin player.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 producer Katsuhiro Harada said that two more secret characters will be coming, the first one is one of the most wanted character fans want him to return, the second is a character that would make people very surprised.

And Clarens of Tekken Nation says this:

When I say "all that I know and can say, is that the practically 100% next characters -2 of them, not all that remains- aren't females"...
I don't understand what he's writing though. I guess the next 2 reveals will be men and not women.

Counting the released ones, -and Combot-... if the maths don't betray me, we can wait to 5 more characters until the release of the game.

I still think it'll be Dr. Bosconovitch, Violet, Miharu - maybe Unknown and then either of Shin Kamiya or Tougou.

Dereck

Why not just include every costume from past games for all characters?

Also, Clarens can GTFO at this point. I'm tired of people bread crumbing fans little by little. If I want to find out the remaining characters I'll just wait.

Do you guys remember what the name were of the one stage in Tekken 4, were the fights were on the street with people looking and phone boxes in the middle of it etc. ? I really loved that stage and I'm hoping for a return. Also, Jin Kazama's costumes from that game and the classic yellow one from Tekken 3, even though I'm not a Jin player.

eng.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/images/8/85/Shinjuku.jpg

Pachimari

Shinjuku yeah, bam you hit it!

Yeah, classic costumes as customizations - but if they won't make it in, it won't bother me. All I would like to get now is Tekken Ball/Bowl and a few Tekken 4 stages. And Kamiya and Miharu. =p

Anyway, what is TekkenNet? Is it some kind of web-based ranking/statistic profile/community? Something that could be made available for the console release?

GrayFoxPL

Anyway, what is TekkenNet? Is it some kind of web-based ranking/statistic profile/community? Something that could be made available for the console release?

It's a connection between arcades/Tekken machines. Ranking, statistics and replays. It's on separate big monitor in the arcades. I'm not sure if this allows cross play between arcades.

Afaik this is Sega's technology. VFnet was first and Namco asked them to do this for Tekken. If I'm not messing up facts.

Edit: Time for something Japan.

CSX

So yesterday i was walking around in a mall. Came across an arcade with vanilla Tekken 6. Some guy wasted 6 dollars trying to beat me. He didnt know what he was doign but he still won rounds on me cuz i didnt know how to play stick.

Whats weird is that the sticks on the machine felt like they weighed 20 lbs. So heavy and stiff.

Nice to play normal Jin with a normal hopkick again though :)

AAK

Hint 1: "One is a character a lot of people have been asking for his return. So, maybe they won’t be surprised, but a lot of people will be happy to hear about this."

Only character I feel that fits this criteria is Gon.... which would SUCK, so I hope Harada didn't fight to get the license to use him! If it's doctor B, that would be OK. Even though I never played T3 seriously, I assume either of those are absolute headaches to fight. So I'm not going to celebrate non stop just yet.

The existence of this just scares me:

3ds-gon-adventure.jpg

Published by Namco Bandai :/

Hint 2: "Maybe, it’s not quite a new character, but it’s one people will be very surprised at. This character is one that they wouldn’t have discovered."

Since everybody speculated Miharu after last month's trailer, that takes her off the list. Unknown is already a boss & Violet is already confirmed by SDTekken.com, so it's not something that people are going to be surprised by. All that's left from prevoius Tekken games is Tetsujin, Gun-jack, and the carcasses of King 1, Old Kuma, AKing's brother, etc. which IMO are unlikely.

Brand new characters to the fighitng engine which I suppose fit the cirteria are:

This emo pansy:
shin-kamiya-foto.jpg

This friend of a deity tiered bastard:
mqdefault.jpg

This poor soul that must be rolling in her grave:
200px-Kazume_Mishima_(TTMP).jpg

This metal fetishist
iJmLgwjBRa9yW.jpg

This big mouthed Schmuck (with balls of steel)
200px-Jeff_Slater.PNG

This psychopath that creates other psychopaths:
954afdff85_35625295_o2.jpg

And last thing i can think of this piece of fan service/Lee's plaything
iwqaZKXvEEsqA.png

hmm.... I'd personally take any of them except the first.

AAK

It's mainly the thought of potentially having slots for worthless characters like Gon or Shin that instead could have definitely been used to differentiate Kuma/Panda and Christie/Eddy rubbing off on the post :p

GrayFoxPL

You forgot Ken "Godhand" Mishima.

iI0iWOOOkLUs0.jpg

iKNqYZBNlLVmb.jpg

I hope this most wanted character is Violet. If not I'll make many people feel very not excellent!

AAK

Wait, I thought that there are 4 more slots left, and he's hinting at only 2 of them. The other 2 Violet was already confirmed and the last one it's speculated to be Unknown.

Stealth EDIT:

Ooops just checked:

http://www.sdtekken.com/?p=913

Fans of the Tekken series will be pleased to know that two new characters will be making their return (whether or not they are playable has yet to be unveiled), both Violet & Combot make their return!

So maybe these last 2 are the final reveals for TTT2 console. Ah well... sorry for spreading misinformation.

Sayah

This metal fetishist
iJmLgwjBRa9yW.jpg

This psychopath that creates other psychopaths:
954afdff85_35625295_o2.jpg

I want both of them in this game.
Especially Jane. Too much resemblance with Winry so she needs to be a playable character in the game. I will main her with Nina if she's there. Double blonde bombs.

Winry.Rockbell.154646.jpg

Sayah

Who would have known TTT2 would turn about to be what it is?

Seriously, no one could have predicted that it would turn out like this.
Harada and team are working to make sure this is the biggest and best fighter of this generation. And I'm sure it will be.

Oh man I forgot how much work Tekken is. In T6 I mained Alisa and dabbled with Ling. Was efficient with both. With TTT2 coming up I wanted to go back to my old TTT team of Ling/Lei so I printed up the T6 movelist for him. 5 pages long in 8 font. Damn son. Got some work to do.

Dereck

Oh man I forgot how much work Tekken is. In T6 I mained Alisa and dabbled with Ling. Was efficient with both. With TTT2 coming up I wanted to go back to my old TTT team of Ling/Lei so I printed up the T6 movelist for him. 5 pages long in 8 font. Damn son. Got some work to do.
Why does your TTT team consist of two of the most complex fighters in the game, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Seriously, no one could have predicted that it would turn out like this.
Harada and team are working to make sure this is the biggest and best fighter of this generation. And I'm sure it will be.
I was sure I was done with Tekken, but after seeing Markman's stream and the way Lord Harada is styling on the entire fighting game industry...
imager.php

Pachimari

Im getting excited with all this speculation!

There's 5 characters left according to rumor, it'll be Violet, Miharu, Unknown, Dr. B and Shin Kamiya (mark my words!) =p

I'm excited for the stages and Saudi Arabia.

It doesn't look like there will be any Tekken 4 stages besides Arena? :(

Sayah

Im getting excited with all this speculation!

There's 5 characters left according to rumor, it'll be Violet, Miharu, Unknown, Dr. B and Shin Kamiya (mark my words!) =p

I'm excited for the stages and Saudi Arabia.

It doesn't look like there will be any Tekken 4 stages besides Arena? :(

I want the sky ring from TTT1 and the beach stage from T4.

I was sure I was done with Tekken, but after seeing Markman's stream and the way Lord Harada is styling on the entire fighting game industry...

When did you stop playing Tekken?

When did you stop playing Tekken?
Fully? Never.

Tekken 2 and especially Tekken 3 are the fighters that made me LOVE fighters.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Tekken 4, but I was sad when it bombed and terrified the team into not really taking chances with the gameplay system. I've got other minor quibbles, but my biggest issue revolves around the fact that most new mechanics revolve around extending juggles. I have no inherent problem with juggles, number of hits, or the damage they cause. I just hate the amount of time spent disengaged from playing (for the person who gets juggled). So when Tekken 6 rolled around with bound, it got to be too much.

But seeing Mark's stream reminded me that there's still plenty of fun to be had in the neutral game and Tekken still has the most satisfying striking experience of any 3D fighter. I wish there was a grappler as frightening and effective as Wolf on the roster, but I guess a guy can't have everything.

Erigu

Brand new characters to the fighitng engine which I suppose fit the cirteria are:
[...]
Plus Grandpa Monteiro ("didn't expect a fourth capoeirist, right?"), Sebastian, Devil Ganryû, an alien, Death by Degrees characters...

AAK

Let me expedite that process ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGLLeikrG4

Who would have known TTT2 would turn about to be what it is?

I still can't comprehend it all....

Plus Grandpa Monteiro ("didn't expect a fourth capoeirist, right?"), Sebastian, Devil Ganryû, an alien, Death by Degrees characters...

Save Monteiro Sr. and Sebastion for Tekken 0 ;)

Sayah

Fully? Never.

Tekken 2 and especially Tekken 3 are the fighters that made me LOVE fighters.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Tekken 4, but I was sad when it bombed and terrified the team into not really taking chances with the gameplay system. I've got other minor quibbles, but my biggest issue revolves around the fact that most new mechanics revolve around extending juggles. I have no inherent problem with juggles, number of hits, or the damage they cause. I just hate the amount of time spent disengaged from playing (for the person who gets juggled). So when Tekken 6 rolled around with bound, it got to be too much.

But seeing Mark's stream reminded me that there's still plenty of fun to be had in the neutral game and Tekken still has the most satisfying striking experience of any 3D fighter. I wish there was a grappler as frightening and effective as Wolf on the roster, but I guess a guy can't have everything.

That's very interesting. I was also frustrated with the bound system initially with T6 but I have learned to really love it now. I guess aside from seeing it as a combo extender, I think it also offers extra room to experiment.

I also hated walls up until I really got into T6. Now I only pick open stages for practicing and usually don't like picking them in Vs. battles. I've found wall pressure to be one of the best things about contemporary Tekken that I don't see other fighters replicating as well. The amount of tension that's there is just insane crazy and it's more easily noticeable when you're playing local matches against a formidable opponent. Online lag sort of ruins that. :/

I expect double the craziness with Tag 2 now.

Top Bottom