• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

I like how Julia put Asuka halfway through the glass floor in Gargoyle's Perch. Never knew you could do that.

And reinvite plz.

Sayah

Its her item move actually ;)

GGs SD!

Oh, noice.

Gonna get some games in with CcrooK. Good matches all!

You did me wrong on that last one!

The lag was messing stuff up a lot, though. Let's hope Tag 2 allows for more decent matches. Good games. :)

Edit: ugh, got disconnected. Guess I'm done for tonight anyway, though. Good games everyone.

Or nvm. I'm playing.

LowParry

Gonna hit the sack but good games CcrooK! :)

Man, some of those matches were some nail biters at the end. It was nice to play against someone with a green bar for a change. Meaning TTT2 games are going to be hype. Will have to get some games in tomorrow. I need to be less stylish with Ling. lol

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Man, some of those matches were some nail biters at the end. It was nice to play against someone with a green bar for a change. Meaning TTT2 games are going to be hype. Will have to get some games in tomorrow. I need to be less stylish with Ling. lol

Haha serious man. The other matches were mostly orange with the occasional yellow. I had to do a double take when I saw the green bar for our matches. But yeah some of those matches were really down to the wire. We'll definitely get some games in tomorrow. I don't know why but tonight I was going crazy with Asuka's f+2, so dumb. :lol

LowParry

Haha serious man. The other matches were mostly orange with the occasional yellow. I had to do a double take when I saw the green bar for our matches. But yeah some of those matches were really down to the wire. We'll definitely get some games in tomorrow. I don't know why but tonight I was going crazy with Asuka's f+2, so dumb. :lol

The fact that it kept working on me means you used it correctly. lol

AAK

Interesting, Degen taking the ball and going home to end Sayah's trillion game win streak.

EDIT: NVM he does it legitimately :p

Sayah

Interesting, Degen taking the ball and going home to end Sayah's trillion game win streak.

EDIT: NVM he does it legitimately :p

It's dat High Rollers Club. I'm telling you. :lol

Edit: And I know you like Snoop, Crook. Don't take my stuff seriously. :p

Re-bought Tekken 6 and didn't realize I deleted my save-file.
Yeah all there really is to unlock is that awful campaign crap but....I did it again.
Now to have nightmares about nightmare trains.

Gonna focus on learning Anna as much as possible for TTT2. Dunno who to partner her with...maybe Lee.

Also re-bought Tekken Tag 1 for laughs.

Pachimari

I know you guys have said everyone who pre-order the 'We Are Tekken' edition gets everything but I'm still worried. I just went to pre-order it at my GameStop here in Denmark and they say I'll get the usual stuff (soundtrack, remix, artbook, behind the scenes and metal case) but also that I'll get Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu.

I don't understand how I'll be able to get Michelle Chang (which is the character I want) and Angel at day 1 when they are the only place who sell the 'We Are Tekken' edition here in Denmark... =/

And they say the price is $170...

What's the price there in your places? I'm seriously thinking that the pricetag of my GameStop is a placeholder. The other day, the guy said it's a placeholder but the girl here were unsure so she just guessed that's the final price as we are close to release.

I mean, I don't want the We Are Tekken edition if the 2 characters come with the standard edition as well, which is the case here. So confused.

Yes. PS3 & XBOX360 multiple user account. Don't worry!!!!! RT@TwinElbows buy TTT2 new copy, can multiple user accounts access online on PS3
Twitter from Harada. So it seems like if you buy the game new, others who have an account on your PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 can play online as well, so no need to buy another OnlinePass. That's what I get from that tweet anyway.

“I’m not saying all paid DLC is bad,” he added. “And even for Tekken we do have plans for some paid DLC. We’ve had a lot people out there say they want to see the movies from past installments or soundtracks. Although they might own the originals, it’s more convenient if they can do it on their PS3 or 360. So for those kind of additional download content, we will most likely charge for.”
As we knew already. From GameFanMag interview yesterday by the way.

LowParry

It's dat High Rollers Club. I'm telling you. :lol

Edit: And I know you like Snoop, Crook. Don't take my stuff seriously. :p

Snoop Dooogg-y, DoooooOOOOooooo-aaaaay!

And that's fantastic news. Now if knowing that I can take my save on a flash stick and use them at a friends place is in (Like T5DR) then we got ourselves GOTF. (Not that it's not already, but ya know :D )

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I know you guys have said everyone who pre-order the 'We Are Tekken' edition gets everything but I'm still worried. I just went to pre-order it at my GameStop here in Denmark and they say I'll get the usual stuff (soundtrack, remix, artbook, behind the scenes and metal case) but also that I'll get Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu.

I don't understand how I'll be able to get Michelle Chang (which is the character I want) and Angel at day 1 when they are the only place who sell the 'We Are Tekken' edition here in Denmark... =/

And they say the price is $170...

What's the price there in your places? I'm seriously thinking that the pricetag of my GameStop is a placeholder. The other day, the guy said it's a placeholder but the girl here were unsure so she just guessed that's the final price as we are close to release.

I mean, I don't want the We Are Tekken edition if the 2 characters come with the standard edition as well, which is the case here. So confused.

Twitter from Harada. So it seems like if you buy the game new, others who have an account on your PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 can play online as well, so no need to buy another OnlinePass. That's what I get from that tweet anyway.

As we knew already. From GameFanMag interview yesterday by the way.

Unfortunately for those of us in the US we haven't had (and probably won't get) a special edition of Tag 2 announced, so it's just the regular price for us which is $60. As long as you pre-ordered the game you should be getting all the DLC characters from the get go regardless of which version you get. Since they mentioned you'd be getting Ancient Ogre and Kunimitsu, I don't see why they would leave you hanging on Angel and Michelle.

I figured the We Are Tekken edition was just extra swag, the extra characters came from the pre-orders.

Pachimari

Oh, so I'll change my pre-order to the standard edition if I get DLC characters, swimsuit and Snoop Dog stage day 1 anyway.

It's gonna be interesting to see if I get everything at launch. :)

Oh, so I'll change my pre-order to the standard edition if I get DLC characters, swimsuit and Snoop Dog stage day 1 anyway.

It's gonna be interesting to see if I get everything at launch. :)
I could be wrong BUT, what if those 2 dlc characters were part of the bundle regardless of pre-order but all 4 are still pre-order bonuses? Like say a month after release, they still had the we are tekken bundle behind the counter and you decided to pick it up, the codes for the 2 characters would be in there.

Pachimari

But the 2 characters are in the standard version as well. =/

This is the standard version on GameStop DK.
And here is the We Are Tekken edition on GameStop DK.

It says: "Exclusive early access to DLC fighters Kunimitsu and Ancient Ogre" at both versions and nothing about anything else, even the guys at the shop sounded very unsure.

So if I can get all the DLC by just pre-ordering the standard version, then that I'll do, as I don't have a dying need for the We Are Tekken stuff, as I got to save money as well.

any other gaffers currently here in Osaka for the Exhibition/Tournament in Namco Tekken Museum Arcade? Fun times today and tomorrow! :D

edit: and Anastacio, 72€ in Finland for We are Tekken.

Pachimari

any other gaffers currently here in Osaka for the Exhibition/Tournament in Namco Tekken Museum Arcade? Fun times today and tomorrow! :D

edit: and Anastacio, 72€ in Finland for We are Tekken.

Alright, see here's it's listed as €134, that got to be a placeholder. If the price will be €72 here, then I would buy it but not for €134 - frustrating they aren't even sure about the price here.

Sayah

Re-bought Tekken 6 and didn't realize I deleted my save-file.
Yeah all there really is to unlock is that awful campaign crap but....I did it again.
Now to have nightmares about nightmare trains.

Gonna focus on learning Anna as much as possible for TTT2. Dunno who to partner her with...maybe Lee.

Also re-bought Tekken Tag 1 for laughs.

Anna is the most fun character to play with in this game once you learn her. I mean who else tackles opponents with their ass?

As far as partners, Nina is probably a good choice thanks to the specialized tag throw and secret combo she has with Anna but she requires a lot of time to learn.

EXCELLENT!!!

More EXCERRENT news!!!!

If this is how it is, then I have no reason to complain.

Sayah

Yeah, it says here, even for the Danish one, that pre-orderer will get the Snoop Dog stage at least:

http://www.tekken.com/preorder?lang=da

But it doesn't list the characters, bikinis or any of that. Try go to the Danish one and then the American one.

You should still get the characters and other stuff with the WAT, I think. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. Damn Namco marketing team is so far behind anyway. The game is less than two months away. I want my NA CE announced already.

GrayFoxPL

Got back into Tekken 6. Figured I better get back into shape before Tag. Oh man I rusted like an old Cadillac. Couldn't even do ewgf. And I changed my position back to p1 side. I played 100% better on p2 side for the last 2 years or so. Not anymore. Wtf.

Spent most of the time relearning Leo in training. Feels good man.

Got back into Tekken 6. Figured I better get back into shape before Tag. Oh man I rusted like an old Cadillac. Couldn't even do ewgf. And I changed my position back to p1 side. I played 100% better on p2 side for the last 2 years or so. Not anymore. Wtf.

Spent most of the time relearning Leo in training. Feels good man.
Just hopped online and was rusty as shit myself. Not that I'm ever great but I forgot moves and combos and such. Won 1 out of 4 or 5 matches.

GrayFoxPL

Just hopped online and was rusty as shit myself. Not that I'm ever great but I forgot moves and combos and such. Won 1 out of 4 or 5 matches.

Yeah, I'm not going online until I get my confidence back.

Unless it's with Paul. You never forget how to play with Paul, it's like riding a bike. Lol.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
You know. That whole snoop/music video experience and playing TEKKEN with the guys was actually fun :p

Posted up some random news on sdtekken.com :p

I haven't seen this posted yet, but apologies if it has been:

http://www.gamesradar.com/interview-katsuhiro-harada-talks-tekken/?page=2

It's possible to play Tekken and other fighting games as simple button mashers. Do you think the style needs to change or evolve in the future to keep the genre alive?
Fighting games that you can button mash and enjoy are good fighting games. It’s your first experience with a fighting game, you don’t know how to play it, but you’re mashing the buttons and you get a good reaction from that, or even win, and it means it’s exciting because you feel the taste of winning. Not everyone is a hardcore tournament player. Seventy percent are just your average player who wants to beat their brother, or their friend, or whoever. So button mashing is very important for having them see that it’s fun, [but] those people, if they continue to be interested in the game, will eventually run into someone they’ll never be able to beat by just button mashing. So they will make the effort to learn how to play. It’s important that they at least feel that they have the chance of winning. If they feel that they can’t beat someone, they’re not even going to try the game at all. There are actually characters in the game designed with that in mind. Those elements are left in the game on purpose because it’s necessary as a whole.

We do get a lot of backlash from hardcore or high level players, but if they stepped into my shoes as a game developer and think of what’s good overall for the whole series, maybe they’ll start to realise that it isn’t such a bad thing.

There is a divide between what makes a game really successful in the competitive scene versus at home. For instance, Street Fighter X Tekken - some in the competitive scene might think of it as a failure, but it reviewed really well as a home console game. What elements are important for a game to work in a competitive capacity?

It’s interesting because the evaluation depends on the group, whether it’s the hardcore or just your average gamer, and it can be very different. You took the example of Street Fighter X Tekken, and if you just wanted to satisfy the core fans – the tournament going crowd – there are only a few elements that you really need to focus on. One of them is balanced characters, another is tech/skill – technique and controls. Another is knowledge of the game – if you know the game well you’ll be able to succeed and beat your opponent – and another is quick reflexes. If you make a game where if you’re good at all these elements, where you’ll win consistently as a high level player, that group would highly rate that game. That doesn’t mean it will be popular among the mass, though. Ono-san feels the same, as does the Virtual Fighting team. The game needs to give players the sense that they can beat the higher-level players at least some of the time. It’s a game, so it has got to be entertaining. It’s actually easier to make a game that just appeals to hardcore fans because you know exactly what you need to put in it.

Top Bottom