• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Pachimari

I guess I played Kazuya Mishima most in Tekken 2, Jin Kazama in Tekken 4 and Wang Jinrei in Tekken 6, I don't currently remember who I played most in the rest. I'm thinking of picking two of these:

Marshall Law
Kazuya Mishima
Lee Chaolan
Jin Kazama
Forest Law
Steve Fox
Miguel
Bruce Irvin
Wang Jinrei

Michelle Chang
JayCee
Lili
Ling Xiaoyu
Asuka Kazama
Jun Kazama
Kunimitsu

But I haven't decided on any of them, I'm gonna play them all in TTT2 and decide. If Shin Kamiya is announced, he'll become my main by default hehehe.

By the way, I were standing with Tekken 6 in my hand at the store today... but naaahh, I can't get myself to buy it with only a little under 2 months until Tekken Tag 2. I'll save my money for the Prima guide or arcade sticks hehe.

GrayFoxPL

Harada confirms that not all DLC in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be free.

Interview: Talking Tekken, music, and DLC with Katsuhiro Harada

“And even for Tekken we do have plans for some paid DLC. We’ve had a lot people out there say they want to see the movies from past installments or soundtracks. Although they might own the originals, it’s more convenient if they can do it on their PS3 or 360. So for those kind of additional download content, we will most likely charge for.”

Paid old soundtracks and endings.

I'm ok with that.

I guess I played Kazuya Mishima most in Tekken 2, Jin Kazama in Tekken 4 and Wang Jinrei in Tekken 6, I don't currently remember who I played most in the rest. I'm thinking of picking two of these:

Marshall Law
Kazuya Mishima
Lee Chaolan
Jin Kazama
Forest Law
Steve Fox
Miguel
Bruce Irvin
Wang Jinrei

Michelle Chang
JayCee
Lili
Ling Xiaoyu
Asuka Kazama
Jun Kazama
Kunimitsu

But I haven't decided on any of them, I'm gonna play them all in TTT2 and decide. If Shin Kamiya is announced, he'll become my main by default hehehe.

By the way, I were standing with Tekken 6 in my hand at the store today... but naaahh, I can't get myself to buy it with only a little under 2 months until Tekken Tag 2. I'll save my money for the Prima guide or arcade sticks hehe.

Man, don't do this to yourself and get that T6. It's cheap right? I didn't play for few months and I'm already rusty as hell. There's not much time left to train.

People jumping directly from T6 to Tag2 will have huge lead and what it comes with - less stress during fights.

LowParry

You'd think Namco would want some sort of DLC in the future with TTT2. I mean hell, if they want to go ahead and add in new costumes packs in the future, by all means. SC5 does it well.

sephi22

How is Anna in TTT2?

She's the only Tekken female I have fun playing as, and although Nina is better in almost every game, I don't like her playstyle.

There are also lots of high level Nina footage, but I can't find any pro Anna players. I'm relatively new to the competitive Tekken scene though, so I don't know of many top players.

GrayFoxPL

How is Anna in TTT2?

She's the only Tekken female I have fun playing as, and although Nina is better in almost every game, I don't like her playstyle.

There are also lots of high level Nina footage, but I can't find any pro Anna players. I'm relatively new to the competitive Tekken scene though, so I don't know of many top players.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KimChanYang?feature=watch

Currently watching this channel. Great matches, characters used are in match description.

Should be some Anna in there.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Don't do that to yourself man. T6 is hella cheap and any experience is good experience when getting prepped for TTT2.

The US TTT2 site has been updated with character bios now, complete with an abundance of hilarious typos. (Though it's still missing the four most recent character announcements.)

Most of the bios are circa pre-Tekken 6, with the new character just having short blurbs.

Pachimari

The US TTT2 site has been updated with character bios now, complete with an abundance of hilarious typos. (Though it's still missing the four most recent character announcements.)

Most of the bios are circa pre-Tekken 6, with the new character just having short blurbs.

It were posted some days ago. Seriously, I have said this at 3 instances today haha, anyway great you guys are joining in here in the community thread. I didn't get to read the biographies yet but I don't think there's anything new about them.

Many characters are their own fighting style and nationality it seems. (Except for Kazuya, Kuma, & Panda, who apparently have no nationality.)

Also, Jack-6 has reverted back to Jack-5 and Julia has ditched the JayCee stage name despite still being in full costume. Wang Jinrey???

McNum

Many characters are their own fighting style and nationality it seems. (Except for Kazuya, Kuma, & Panda, who apparently have no nationality.)

Also, Jack-6 has reverted back to Jack-5 and Julia has ditched the JayCee stage name despite still being in full costume. Wang Jinrey???
Okay, I've been out of the whole Tekken thing for this generation, but "JayCee"? That's Julia?! What happened to her? What's up with the costume?

I'm looking forward to TTT2, though. Got a bit bored with the Capcom fighting games, so TTT2 seems like a good way to get back into Tekken. I wonder if I can still play Xiayou as well as I used to... Or Yoshimitsu. Eh, relearning Tekken will probably be part of the fun with TTT2, got an arcade stick to try out with it.

GrayFoxPL

Okay, I've been out of the whole Tekken thing for this generation, but "JayCee"? That's Julia?! What happened to her? What's up with the costume?

Tag is a dream match. Heard they're doing some story bits but it isn't canon.

Julia like Michelle mix kung fu with wrestling. Julia just wants some luchadore fun. So there you go.

Pachimari

Just played a match with Marshall Law in Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection Online - I'm getting owned left and right.

The cool thing is, if you take off JayCee's mask, her name will revert back to Julia Chang.

GrayFoxPL

Just played a match with Marshall Law in Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection Online - I'm getting owned left and right.

The cool thing is, if you take off JayCee's mask, her name will revert back to Julia Chang.

Cool bit.

DR match online? It's so laggy that old netcode. Impossible to block Lili.

Pachimari

I have been searching for a job for months, still haven't gotten one, so even though it's a "small" amount, it's not responsible of me buying entertainment stuff, which also will only last me 2 months. A bit of hard times on that front, but hopefully it'll change soon.

By the way, didn't know Hori had a Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade Stick coming - learned about it in the official arcade stick thread:

ttt2arcadestick-2-600x443.jpg

Though, when I go for an Arcade Stick, I'm gonna go with the Hori Officially Licensed Real Arcade Pro V3 SA I think.

GrayFoxPL

I have been searching for a job for months, still haven't gotten one, so even though it's a "small" amount, it's not responsible of me buying entertainment stuff, which also will only last me 2 months. A bit of hard times on that front, but hopefully it'll change soon.

By the way, didn't know Hori had a Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade Stick coming - learned about it in the official arcade stick thread:

ttt2arcadestick-2-600x443.jpg

Though, when I go for an Arcade Stick, I'm gonna go with the Hori Officially Licensed Real Arcade Pro V3 SA I think.

You say that you can't cash in like 15$ for T6, but wanna shell out for super expensive arcade stick which you don't even know if you'll use eventually or a "guide" that's worth nothing considering you can have all the knowledge you ever need from zaibatsu or similar sites for free.
Really man?

What if when you get Tag2 and it'll be so frustrating because opponents won't show any mercy and you'll hate the game, meaning you wasted a lot of money?
Really Tag2 is a T6+ a huge + but still the core game is 90% the same. If you hate T6, you won't like Tag.

Pachimari

You say that you can't cash in like 15$ for T6, but wanna shell out for super expensive arcade stick which you don't even know if you'll use eventually or a "guide" that's worth nothing considering you can have all the knowledge you ever need from zaibatsu or similar sites for free.
Really man?

What if when you get Tag2 and it'll be so frustrating because opponents won't show any mercy and you'll hate the game, meaning you wasted a lot of money?
Really Tag2 is a T6+ a huge + but still the core game is 90% the same. If you hate T6, you won't like Tag.

I won't buy an arcade stick until I get a job, I'm only thinking about which one to get. I'm just the type that even though I got $15 or whatever in my pocket, I won't spend it on something I'll only get 2 months use of, until TTT2 releases that is - to me, it's a better deal just waiting.

When did I say I hate Tekken 6? You serious?

I loved Tekken 1, 2, 3, Tag, 4, 5 and 6 - I probably will love Tag 2 as well.

GrayFoxPL

I won't buy an arcade stick until I get a job, I'm only thinking about which one to get. I'm just the type that even though I got $15 or whatever in my pocket, I won't spend it on something I'll only get 2 months use of, until TTT2 releases that is - to me, it's a better deal just waiting.

When did I say I hate Tekken 6? You serious?

I loved Tekken 1, 2, 3, Tag, 4, 5 and 6 - I probably will love Tag 2 as well.

I didn't say you hate T6. What I meant is if you enjoy serious play against good players you need T6 to stay competitive in Tag2 once it's out. 2 months is actually long time in this case. Very long.

Sorry if I was intrusive.

AAK

How is Anna in TTT2?

Anna is awesome in TTT2. Here new knee into bound move makes her even more deadly than in T6. And in T6 you can see this cool Mr. Taxi exhibition of her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8FAX36dS0

And here is the latest Anna vid I saw of 200 won (Anna/Julia) vs channel (Anna/Zafina)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FniJzBMrFgk

Pachimari

No hard feelings, and yeah, you're right about the guide, that I probably can get all of that information through the communities and thus no need to buy it. :)

LowParry

I love the idea of the guides, but the last couple I've bought (MVC3, SFxT) I end up not using because I usually get my questions answered here or on other forums.

McNum

You know, since I'm here, I might as well ask. If my last Tekken game was Tekken 4, what are the big changes i can expect for Tekken Tag Tournament 2? Apart from the obvious one that it's a tag battle.

My "good" characters were Xiayou, Yoshimitsu, and a little Steve and Bryan, but I haven't played either of those in years, so it'll be a cold start, I think. Still going to stick with Xiayou, I like her style of being hard to hit and counter attacking. At least that's what I think her style is, did I read her abilities right? Going to need a tag partner for her, of course, any suggestions? Jin, maybe?

GrayFoxPL

You know, since I'm here, I might as well ask. If my last Tekken game was Tekken 4, what are the big changes i can expect for Tekken Tag Tournament 2? Apart from the obvious one that it's a tag battle.

My "good" characters were Xiayou, Yoshimitsu, and a little Steve and Bryan, but I haven't played either of those in years, so it'll be a cold start, I think. Still going to stick with Xiayou, I like her style of being hard to hit and counter attacking. At least that's what I think her style is, did I read her abilities right? Going to need a tag partner for her, of course, any suggestions? Jin, maybe?

Tekken 4 is most "different" game in the series. They've gone back to T3/Tag style after backlash.

What can you expect?
Less "3D"
No wall tech
No "pushing" (Only Steve has it)
Flat surface
60 something characters
Bound
Wall breaks
Quite changed moveset, though Xiayou gained a lot.
Huge hit flashes again, lol.

You'll love Xiayou in this, she has rich moveset and is even more confusing for opponents.

Edit: Yoshi is quite fucked up with Soul Calibur moves added. Too fucked up for my taste - T2 Yoshi FTW. Bryan evolved, still nuts. Steve has many stances and moves and isn't easy but still awesome.

McNum

Tekken 4 is most "different" game in the series. They've gone back to T3/Tag style after backlash.

What can you expect?
Less "3D"
No wall tech
No "pushing" (Only Steve has it)
Flat surface
60 something characters
Bound
Wall breaks
Quite changed moveset, though Xiayou gained a lot.
Huge hit flashes again, lol.

You'll love Xiayou in this, she has rich moveset and is even more confusing for opponents.
I may be misremembering, come to think of it. The one with Jinpachi. That was T5, wasn't it? That's the last one I played.

I like confusing, though. I'm of the school that thinks the best way to get to an opponent is doing something, not random, but not quite ordinary either. Throws that aren't, dodges that do and don't, stances that are just hard to hit, and a few hard hitting moves to capitalize on breaking the rhythm of the game. That's basically Xiayou. She needs a straightforward partner, though, as some matches it just doesn't work to be confusing. Plus, she's better at creating openings than exploiting them, I think.

GrayFoxPL

Yoshimitsu is very different now, I personally preferred his T5 incarnation.

True, true.

My rank would be T2-T4-Tag-T5-T6 Yoshi.

This is why.

Greatest add ever made. I recorded it on vhs at the time and watched it 1000 times. Only could dream of playing Tekken.

I love this commercial to bits.

I may be misremembering, come to think of it. The one with Jinpachi. That was T5, wasn't it? That's the last one I played.

I like confusing, though. I'm of the school that thinks the best way to get to an opponent is doing something, not random, but not quite ordinary either. Throws that aren't, dodges that do and don't, stances that are just hard to hit, and a few hard hitting moves to capitalize on breaking the rhythm of the game. That's basically Xiayou. She needs a straightforward partner, though, as some matches it just doesn't work to be confusing. Plus, she's better at creating openings than exploiting them, I think.

T5 yes. Disregard T4 bits from my post. Characters stuff still applies. Though T5 had a lot of new stuff also.

Sayah

I will be online if anyone wants to play.
Anna is awesome in TTT2. Here new knee into bound move makes her even more deadly than in T6. And in T6 you can see this cool Mr. Taxi exhibition of her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8FAX36dS0

And here is the latest Anna vid I saw of 200 won (Anna/Julia) vs channel (Anna/Zafina)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FniJzBMrFgk

Thanks for this footage.

How is Anna in TTT2?

I think her d/b+3 got nerfed. But as AAK said, she also got that knee bound which makes her much better. Plus, her crouching d/f+2 has better juggling capabilities now with specific tag characters (Nina, Zafina, Jaycee, Jinpachi and others). So yeah, overall she's better and improved. Can't wait to play as her.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The guide will be good.

In other news. I've been playing this game a lot. I'm preparing hard because I don't want to get my ass wooped when I visit Tokyo in August and September.

These are the teams and characters I'm playing/learning...

• King/Eddy (my main team), although I don't like using Eddy anymore. He's not as fun as he once was. But I will use Eddy/Tiger (Never liked Eddy/Christie) so I can't wait!
  • Jaycee/King (another main team I use), I've been grinding Jaycee a lot. You guys will probably notice most of my teams involve Jaycee. I liked Julia in previous games but the transition to Jaycee and the extra stuff she has now has me in love <3
  • Jaycee/Ogre, this team is so fun! I love the combos going both ways and I can't wait to learn Ogre more.
  • Jaycee/Lars. Two monster characters on the same team. Lars is so good either on point/backup. Same with Jaycee. I've just recently implemented all the new wall tech/max damage stuff with Lars into Jaycee and back.

It's no surprise, I'm the kind of player that likes to learn every character. Some other characters I've been using/familiarizing myself with include:

Feng Wei
Lei Wulong
Armor King
Marduk
Steve Fox
Bryan Fury
Bruce Irvin
Kunimitsu
Kazuya
Heihachi
Anna

If anyone has any questions about these chars. Let me know :D

Sayah

The guide will be good.

In other news. I've been playing this game a lot. I'm preparing hard because I don't want to get my ass wooped when I visit Tokyo in August and September.

These are the teams and characters I'm playing/learning...

• King/Eddy (my main team), although I don't like using Eddy anymore. He's not as fun as he once was. But I will use Eddy/Tiger (Never liked Eddy/Christie) so I can't wait!
  • Jaycee/King (another main team I use), I've been grinding Jaycee a lot. You guys will probably notice most of my teams involve Jaycee. I liked Julia in previous games but the transition to Jaycee and the extra stuff she has now has me in love <3
  • Jaycee/Ogre, this team is so fun! I love the combos going both ways and I can't wait to learn Ogre more.
  • Jaycee/Lars. Two monster characters on the same team. Lars is so good either on point/backup. Same with Jaycee. I've just recently implemented all the new wall tech/max damage stuff with Lars into Jaycee and back.

It's no surprise, I'm the kind of player that likes to learn every character. Some other characters I've been using/familiarizing myself with include:

Feng Wei
Lei Wulong
Armor King
Marduk
Steve Fox
Bryan Fury
Bruce Irvin
Kunimitsu
Kazuya
Heihachi
Anna

If anyone has any questions about these chars. Let me know :D

I just want confirmation on this. Anna's d/b+3 only leads to juggle damage on counter hit now right? Or am I just imagining that?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I just want confirmation on this. Anna's d/b+3 only leads to juggle damage on counter hit now right? Or am I just imagining that?

It juggles on normal hit still.

Nina/Anna are one of the most hardest characters to play against, it's almost as if there is never a window to attack.

No way. I don't think they are hard to fight against. You just have to learn their holes. I like fighting vs Nina/Anna. I don't find them as scary as say, Mishimas or Lars. No where close.

You just have to know when to punish, when to duck, when to sidestep etc.

GrayFoxPL

No way. I don't think they are hard to fight against. You just have to learn their holes. I like fighting vs Nina/Anna. I don't find them as scary as say, Mishimas or Lars. No where close.

You just have to know when to punish, when to duck, when to sidestep etc.

ibjb8DegBCezeC.png

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hey, MarkMan. Can you give us any BnB combos for Kuni?

Sure... Kuni only...
  • d/f+2, f+3+4, d/f+3, f+4~F, MDS (Manji Dash Stance) F+1,2,4, B!, f+4~F, MDS 4 (air throw)
  • FC d/f+3 (up close), WS+4, d/f+3, f+4~F, MDS (Manji Dash Stance) F+1,2,4, B!, f+4~F, MDS 4 (air throw)
  • CH MDS 2, d/f+1, f+4~F, MDS (Manji Dash Stance) F+1,2,4, B!, f+4~F, MDS 4 (air throw)
  • b+1+2, d/f+1, f+4~F, MDS (Manji Dash Stance) F+1,2,4, B!, f+4~F, MDS 4 (air throw)
  • d/f+3,2, d/f+1, f+4~F, MDS (Manji Dash Stance) F+1,2,4, B!, f+4~F, MDS 4 (air throw)
  • u/f+3~4, 1, d/f+1, f+4~F, MDS (Manji Dash Stance) F+1,2,4, B!, f+4~F, MDS 4 (air throw)
  • d/f+2, u/f+3,4, 1, d+1, B!, f+4~F, MDS 4 (air throw)

BTW. Those are just solo Kuni combos. Mix and match to figure out best results based on your partner. Her best TA! moves are:

d/f+1,4
u/f+3~4
f,f+3+4,2
d+1+2,3
f+4~F MDS f+1,2,4

IMO! The longer string (last one) and f,f+3+4 are obviously better used for early/shorter combos before the initial B!/TA!

* Note this is based off an early version of the game and may change for future updates/final build.

Pachimari

You guys gotta help us who aren't champions as well lol, what is B!/TA? I know B! Is Bound.

When I launch an opponent up in the air I can't seem to juggle them ugh, you guys just remember those combos?

Also this:

u/f+3~4
f,f+3+4,2

When something is +, it means press both buttons at the same time? And when it's ~, it means a delayed input? Or press 3 then quickly after press 4?

Top Bottom