• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Pachimari

I can't remember for the life of me:

Tekken: Kazuya Mishima
Tekken 2: Marshall Law
Tekken 3: Hwoarang
Tekken 4: Jin Kazama
Tekken Tag Tournament: (don't remember right now)
Tekken 5: Asuka Kazama
Tekken 6: Wang Jinrei
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: -

Sayah

I don't think I remember everything correctly.

Tekken 1: Didn't play
Tekken 2: Didn't play
Tekken 3: Nina, Hwoarang
Tekken Tag: Nina/? - Can't remember
Tekken 4: Nina, Hwoarang, King, Xiaoyu
Tekken 5: Nina, Hwoarang
Tekken 6: Nina, Anna
Tekken Tag 2: Nina, Anna, Angel, Jinpachi, Jun, Kunimitsu, Ancient Ogre. Maybe Kazuya just for his sick secret tag combo with Jinpachi.

GrayFoxPL

So based on the GameSpot interview, there's no Gon or guest characters. Wonderful.

Speaking of which, I'd love to have Jet Li, Van Damme, Statham, Scott Adkins, Jacky Wu etc. Even Liam Neeson in Tekken(sporting Krav maga or some shit!). Or clones of these characters.

I'm against guest characters but for these mentioned I'd go insane.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
BTW who did everyone main in TEKKEN? I have a really weird track record...

Kind of hard to remember on the earlier games, but:

TEKKEN: Michelle, Law

TEKKEN 2: Lee, Michelle, Jun

TEKKEN 3: Nina (IIRC)

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT: Kunoichi, Michelle, Lee, Jun, and Nina IIRC. Didn't play this game that much.

TEKKEN 4: Marduk, Nina, Xiaoyu, Violet, Julia

TEKKEN 5: Asuka

TEKKEN 5 DR: Asuka

TEKKEN 6: Bob, Asuka

TEKKEN 6 BR: Asuka, Anna, Alisa

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2: Undecided yet since I haven't played this.

Speaking of which, I'd love to have Jet Li, Van Damme, Statham, Scott Adkins, Jacky Wu etc. Even Liam Neeson in Tekken(sporting Krav maga or some shit!). Or clones of these characters.
Agreed, but it seems that those kind of designs are a thing of the past. :(

I'd kill for a Tony Jaa style character. Hell, they could just bring in Tong Yoon from Urban Reign and I'd be ecstatic.

Pachimari

Kind of hard to remember on the earlier games, but:

TEKKEN: Julia, Law

TEKKEN 2: Lee, Julia, Jun

TEKKEN 3: Nina (IIRC)

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT: Kunoichi, Julia, Lee, Jun, and Nina IIRC. Didn't play this game that much.

TEKKEN 4: Marduk, Nina, Xiaoyu, Violet

TEKKEN 5: Asuka

TEKKEN 5 DR: Asuka

TEKKEN 6: Bob, Asuka

TEKKEN 6 BR: Asuka, Anna, Alisa

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2: Undecided yet since I haven't played this.

Must have been Michelle Chang in Tekken and Tekken 2. Julia Chang were only introduced in Tekken 3. I love your Asuka love. :)

DEATH™

Tekken 3: Jin, Paul

Tekken Tag: Jin, Paul, Lee

Tekken 4: Steve, Jin, Lee

Tekken 5 (the game where a wang player whooped me and mentored me.): Jin, Steve

DR: Jin, Steve

Tekken 6: King, Armor King, Steve

Pretty boring I know...

@markman didn't know you played king for that long...

Just ordered Tekken 6 and Tekken Hybrid in preparation for Tag 2, I had no idea Tekken Tag was remade in HD!! ;-( I've been so far behind fighting games this gen, last one I touched was Virtua Fighter 5 and before that was Tag 1.....which is still my favorite fighting game to date; should I expect awesomeness from Tekken 6 or disappointment?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tekken: Law
Tekken 2: Jun Kazama
Tekken 3: Hwoarang
Tekken Tag Tournament: Jun Kazama/Hwoarang
Tekken 4: Hwoarang
Tekken 5: Asuka Kazama
Tekken 6: Asuka Kazama
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Jun Kazama/Asuka Kazama

GrayFoxPL

Just ordered Tekken 6 and Tekken Hybrid in preparation for Tag 2, I had no idea Tekken Tag was remade in HD!! ;-( I've been so far behind fighting games this gen, last one I touched was Virtua Fighter 5 and before that was Tag 1.....which is still my favorite fighting game to date; should I expect awesomeness from Tekken 6 or disappointment?

Awesomeness.

Just install the game, lol.

Sayah

Do not play/waste time with Scenario Campaign. Focus on the core game if you want to prepare for TTT2.

DEATH™

violetgirls.jpg

This should be our new banner...

McNum

So, got ready to play T6, booted up the PS3, inserted my Arcade Stick into the USB plug and... no response. "Please press PS Button". Well that's no good.

Since I've modded my SF4 SE stick, the warranty is void, but it's old enough that it would be anyway. Now what do I do next... Fix it? With what? I'm not even sure what's broken. Well, I have an idea, but I hope I'm wrong. I could just throw it out and replace it, of course, but I hand picked the buttons and stick, would be a shame to waste those. Get another SE-like one and mod that? Do they even make those anymore?

Maybe I should go over the the Arcade Stick thread and get a bit of troubleshooting help. Maybe with pictures. At least it wasn't with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 I got this error. I'd been... annoyed at that.

Went online last night after a long time away from it. Beat up on some Law players but got my teeth kicked in by an Eddie and a Zafina. Feng has been my main but I'm ready to make a change: gonna focus on Bruce, Wang and King a bit more.

Anyone play here on XBL?

AAK

@McNum, yeah, I'm a noob with Arcade sticks. best ask the experts at the arcade stick thread.

@MonkeyKing: I believe PepsiManvsJoe and zlatko mentioned before they're on XBL. And Also Lord Haunts.

I was only 9 or 10 when Tekken was released so I mostly just fooled around with characters up until Tekken 3.

Tekken 1: Yoshimitsu, Kazuya Fuck yeah ninja guy with a sword and main char looks badass
Tekken 2: P Jack(fuck yeah I can fly for a few seconds)
Tekken 3: Jin
Tekken Tag: Main team: Jun/Jin Best team: Kazuya/Heihachi
Tekken 4: Kazuya
Tekken 5: Kazuya
Tekken 5 DR: Devil Jin
Tekken 6: Asuka

The second to last girl on the right in Violet girls pic looks like Christie.

McNum

@McNum, yeah, I'm a noob with Arcade sticks. best ask the experts at the arcade stick thread.

@MonkeyKing: I believe PepsiManvsJoe and zlatko mentioned before they're on XBL. And Also Lord Haunts.
I opened it up, looks like a chip might have... melted. I'm no expert at arcade sticks, but black hardened blobs on the circuit boards are usually a bad sign. Just a hunch, I've posted an image of it in the arcade stick thread. See if the regulars can tell me if my guess is right.

So happy to find this failure now rather than with Tag 2, though.. If it had to fail, fail at the "old" game, not the new one.

SDBurton

So, got ready to play T6, booted up the PS3, inserted my Arcade Stick into the USB plug and... no response. "Please press PS Button". Well that's no good.

Since I've modded my SF4 SE stick, the warranty is void, but it's old enough that it would be anyway. Now what do I do next... Fix it? With what? I'm not even sure what's broken. Well, I have an idea, but I hope I'm wrong. I could just throw it out and replace it, of course, but I hand picked the buttons and stick, would be a shame to waste those. Get another SE-like one and mod that? Do they even make those anymore?

Maybe I should go over the the Arcade Stick thread and get a bit of troubleshooting help. Maybe with pictures. At least it wasn't with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 I got this error. I'd been... annoyed at that.

How old is your PS3? I had a similar situation to yours way back.

McNum

How old is your PS3? I had a similar situation to yours way back.
Uh, when did the Slim launch? I got a 120GB Slim from that. I don't think the error is with the PS3, though. I can usually get my PC to do an error when plugging the arcade stick into one of the front USB panels on my PC. but today, it remains silent. And those USB plugs are working, since I used them to transfer over this photo of the circuit board of my stick. I'm not an expert, but that looks bad. The melty-puddle-thing where I think a chip used to be.

GrayFoxPL

Guys, remember how title screen changed when you unlocked all characters?

That was cool in Tekken 2. I'm trying to remember which other tekkens had it.

T3, Tag and 5?

AAK

That was definitely cool back then. T5 had the best one by far, the one where Heihachi's face appears when you thought he was dead in the intro.

Degen

I hadn't thought about how much I used Baek in the past

I picked up a "power character" gimmick in every fighting game after ssf4 came out and never really looked back

SDBurton

Uh, when did the Slim launch? I got a 120GB Slim from that. I don't think the error is with the PS3, though. I can usually get my PC to do an error when plugging the arcade stick into one of the front USB panels on my PC. but today, it remains silent. And those USB plugs are working, since I used them to transfer over this photo of the circuit board of my stick. I'm not an expert, but that looks bad. The melty-puddle-thing where I think a chip used to be.

Ahh I see.

Pachimari

Characters
“We haven’t announced all of the DLC characters yet,” Harada tells us. “Regarding the characters we have announced so far, some of them are similar to existing characters, for example Jaycee and Michelle. This was actually done on purpose because obviously you can play solo with Jaycee, but if you were going to take her and try to find a partner, well you would have to re-learn strategy and techniques and such and it’d be very difficult. You couldn’t just pick Kuma and use him right away. Although on the other hand if you played Kuma, Panda is available; or if you use the Capoeira fighters you have them easily available, so we wanted to have similar pairings for other characters as well. They do have unique moves themselves, but their overall strategy - you don’t have to relearn how to use the character.”

“There is some fan service obviously - bringing back some of these characters that people have been asking for,” Harada continues, “but we really wanted to get more people enjoying the tag system by providing easy-to-learn pairings. But that’s not all of it - it’s not that you just buy the game and play through it and you get the endings and it’s finished. We want people to enjoy the game for a long time. So after release if three or four weeks later a new character appears or something, that’s something to look forward to and everyone can enjoy it for quite a while and people will want to draw their friends in as well. It’s another tool to help people enjoy the game and stay excited about it for longer.”

The DLC bonuses don’t stop there though, with assurances that there is plenty still to come. “There are some characters that we haven’t announced that are quite unique," Harada says. "There are even some that I’m very confident people won’t guess, so there are definitely some surprises left. There are also stages, a few new ones that we’ve been announcing that have been geared towards pleasing various fan groups in different countries by giving them a stage in their country. But again, there are still some that we haven’t announced yet.”

This really makes me believe Violet is in for Lee, Unknown for Jun, Miharu for Ling Xiaoyu and probably Shin Kamiya for Jin Kazama.

“It’s funny you mention that because we just got back from an event in San Diego where we showed off the online code for the first time,” Harada says. “We had some of the more well-known players in the community come and check it out and they were all very positive about what they experienced. We took the code from Soulcalibur V and improved on that. We haven’t really announced much about the online modes but I guess we could say that most of what you were able to do in Soulcalibur V, which was very well received, was taken and implemented for Tag 2. And then on top of that we have the team function as in Tekken-Net on arcade, which we’ve kind of taken and adapted to consoles. We are still working on that and implementing it in the game, and we will have more details shortly.”

Source: IGN

Lol, I snapped this from the Combot trailer, looks like he's a motorcycle:

F1klzl.jpg

Swag:

6Yv7nl.jpg

In-game model of Violet (including flying Ganryu):

ncX5Sl.jpg

SDBurton

“It’s funny you mention that because we just got back from an event in San Diego where we showed off the online code for the first time,” Harada says. “We had some of the more well-known players in the community come and check it out and they were all very positive about what they experienced. We took the code from Soulcalibur V and improved on that. We haven’t really announced much about the online modes but I guess we could say that most of what you were able to do in Soulcalibur V, which was very well received, was taken and implemented for Tag 2. And then on top of that we have the team function as in Tekken-Net on arcade, which we’ve kind of taken and adapted to consoles. We are still working on that and implementing it in the game, and we will have more details shortly.”
iUJQpTvohfKg6.gif

So based on the GameSpot interview, there's no Gon or guest characters. Wonderful.
Awesome! :D

Tekken wins again.

Edit: Listening to the interview now. Man, Harada is always so harsh on Kunimitsu fans, PROVE YOUR LOVE FOR HER. I have a feeling that he really doesn't like the character.

I really hope people do use her though, her new design is so awesome.

AAK

No guest characters????? I swear to God.... If I see this guy:

1324034940945.jpg

I'm going to devote all my time into slandering everything about him!!

SDBurton

Awesome! :D

Tekken wins again.

Edit: Listening to the interview now. Man, Harada is always so harsh on Kunimitsu fans, PROVE YOUR LOVE FOR HER. I have a feeling that he really doesn't like the character.

I really hope people do use her though, her new design is so awesome.

Yeah, hoping her and Jun get a lot of play to warrant their inclusion/return in T7.

And :lol at AAK's determination with the Shin hate!

Not a fan of him either.

I'm indifferent towards Shin. I just want Jane and Dr. Abel.

Only a month and 11 days to go before Tag 2 action. Gonna head straight to practice with Nina and Anna once I get it. lol

The only thing that will be able to hold me over till then will be Persona 4 Arena. Hopefully a few of you guys get it too so we can scrub it up for a month.

AAK

I eventually want to get P4 and DOA, but I banked on SFxT DLC and VF5 for now. So if you guys want to join me in that I'm so for it.

BTW I'm Loving LOVING LOVING VF5. It's so good.

Top Bottom