• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

notworksafe

Damn. Honesty is now punishable by death. :(

There have been changes in the SFXTK version, if you're interested. The overall shape and the interior parts have been revamped. Smaller form factor as well. And the PS3 one is now wired.
Picked one up during the EVO sale and I'll agree that it is improved from the SF4 pads, but the d-pad still isn't stiff enough for my taste. Haven't tried the paper mod yet though, that would probably improve it. The buttons are great though!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks , Markman. Is there any noticeable input lag that you know of?

All converters will introduce some type of lag, however the one I linked is probably the best one in terms of minimal delay. You can't tell by feel, just field testing (even then it's almost impossible to see).

Glad to see Holeman again. Thought he stopped playing.

Does Nin still play?

Nin still plays, a lot... just not at Green arcade.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Can anyone tell me or link me to a gameplay overview of Michelle in TTT2, if such a thing exists.

She's pretty much exactly like TEKKEN 6 Julia with some new moves/classic moves of her own. There are some changes (from TTT2) that come into play however.

Degen

you said you're maining King/Jaycee? my man

I'm gonna try as hard as I can to learn Jaycee. I've stuck with Bryan since T3, but I think there's something to this moonsault/dropkick/grappling game

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
you said you're maining King/Jaycee? my man

I'm gonna try as hard as I can to learn Jaycee. I've stuck with Bryan since T3, but I think there's something to this moonsault/dropkick/grappling game

Yep. King and Jaycee are my current main team. They're solid characters but I haven't been able to figure out a high damage combo (without walls) for them... So far I'm like high 80s for damage.

Degen

Sayah's Anna went to Lowe's and bought a low-voltage ceiling fan at a low price

edit: and then his Leo went to Launcher's and bought a launcher-voltage ceiling fan at a launcher price

Degen

rigged your own connection to never play me sayah

Understandable, understandable

edit: That's just a shame dude

AAK would never do that

AAK

Okay something is up with PSN today.... do you guys want to try playing a different game and seeing if problems still come up? SFxT? VF5? SF4?

AAK

Let's do this, get your revenge on him in SFxT Degen!

EDIT: Holy crap what is this sorcery of a game! I'm so lost. I forgot everything. LOL

Pachimari

Oh my God, I just found a review copy of Tekken Hybrid on my desk! Apparently, it have been lying around here since I got my PS Vita before the launch...

I have accepted all of you guys friend requests of you who have sent me one. :)

EDIT:
I'm extremely bad with juggles. What is a good launcher for Ling Xiaoyu?

I'm relying on Alisa's d/b+1+2 (or was it 3+4, is this correctly spelled out?). The one were she goes flying and launches the opponent.

AAK

Oh my God, I just found a review copy of Tekken Hybrid on my desk! Apparently, it have been lying around here since I got my PS Vita before the launch...

I have accepted all of you guys friend requests of you who have sent me one. :)

EDIT:
I'm extremely bad with juggles. What is a good launcher for Ling Xiaoyu?

I'm relying on Alisa's d/b+1+2 (or was it 3+4, is this correctly spelled out?). The one were she goes flying and launches the opponent.

Xiaoyu's launchers:

d/f+2~1
u/f+3
f,f,f+3
u/b+3+4
ws+2(hold)
AOP 1+2
AOP u/f+3
AOP U/F,n,3
RDS 4
RDS b+3+4,3+4
RDS d+4
SS+3
CH u/f+1+2
CH u/f+4~d
CH ws+2
CH SS+4

She has a bunch and even more if you include juggles that only do miniscule damage like her f,f+1,4 and stuff. But yeah, a lot of them aren't the easiest to land. Ling is a crazy technical character. You need to master how to position her properly and and trick your opponent with mixups to finally get that launcher.

As for Alisa, She has 3 launchers when she's flying:

FLY+4
b+3+4
u/f+4,4

Do you guys still play Tekken 6? I haven't played in ages, is there a lobby on?

Yeah we still play it on and off. We post here when we come online.

Pachimari

Xiaoyu's launchers:

d/f+2~1
u/f+3
f,f,f+3
u/b+3+4
ws+2(hold)
AOP 1+2
AOP u/f+3
AOP U/F,n,3
RDS 4
RDS b+3+4,3+4
RDS d+4
SS+3
CH u/f+1+2
CH u/f+4~d
CH ws+2
CH SS+4

She has a bunch and even more if you include juggles that only do miniscule damage like her f,f+1,4 and stuff. But yeah, a lot of them aren't the easiest to land. Ling is a crazy technical character. You need to master how to position her properly and and trick your opponent with mixups to finally get that launcher.

As for Alisa, She has 3 launchers when she's flying:

FLY+4
b+3+4
u/f+4,4

Yeah we still play it on and off. We post here when we come online.

Thanks AAK, I'm gonna try all these out in Prologue. Do you happen to know Alisa's launchers while standing?

Pachimari

ws+2. She sends them miles into the air.

I don't seem to understand a simple command as this but I do intend of spending hours practicing every day when I got my practice mode, local play and online in Tekken Tag 2.

WS = While Standing + 2 = Right punch (Triangle), so shouldn't I just let her stand still and press 2 for a launcher?

I think high launchers would be best for me in order to practice Tag Assault and juggling as well.

GrayFoxPL

I don't seem to understand a simple command as this but I do intend of spending hours practicing every day when I got my practice mode, local play and online in Tekken Tag 2.

WS = While Standing + 2 = Right punch (Triangle), so shouldn't I just let her stand still and press 2 for a launcher?

I think high launchers would be best for me in order to practice Tag Assault and juggling as well.

While standing is when you're standing up from a crouch. Let go of down and push a button.

AAK

yeah, the notations are based on numbers on an arcade stick:

i58XzfqdrzlP.gif

Sayah actually plays Alisa so he can answer better than me, but here are examples of Alisa combo's you can try:

launcher: d/f+2

Juggle filler: b+1, ws+1,2, 1

Bound: b+4,3 B!

Juggle ender: f,f+2,3

==

launcher: ws+2

Juggle filler: FLY,3, ws+4

Bound: b+2,1 B!

Juggle ender: f,f+2,3

==

Launcher + Bound: u/f+4,4

Juggle Ender: f+2, 1,1, d+4,1+2

==

Launcher + Bound: b+3+4,3+4

Juggle Ender: SSR, b+1, ws+1,2, d+4,1+2

McNum

Is it a good idea to get Tekken 6 before Tag 2? Or should i just go into Tag 2 raw?

I found T6 relatively cheap at my local game store, but I didn't buy it. On one hand, getting some experience with an arcade stick on Tekken could be good for Tag 2, on the other, I'm thinking that I should probably wait and do the Combot tutorial thing in Tag 2 instead.

GrayFoxPL

Is it a good idea to get Tekken 6 before Tag 2? Or should i just go into Tag 2 raw?

I found T6 relatively cheap at my local game store, but I didn't buy it. On one hand, getting some experience with an arcade stick on Tekken could be good for Tag 2, on the other, I'm thinking that I should probably wait and do the Combot tutorial thing in Tag 2 instead.

Get T6 now. It'll help you more then the lab. Lab looks kinda like a joke mode from the vids.

Push 2 to ewgf with combot, lol. In first stages at least.

Edit: It's a game when you need to be ruthless and the deeper you go the more you have to think during fight.

"What should I do?" "Dash, backdash, sidestep left, right, full crouch, crouch dash, iWS, throw, hopkick, launcher, unsafe move, safe string, sweep, guard stun, mixup, my plus frames...etc.

And that's only about YOU, you gotta think about opponent's moves as well at the same time.

Pachimari

Thanks for your inputs guys, I'll try it out.

I think Fight Lab is only for trying the different mechanics or to say basic stuff like side-stepping, crouching, reaction and to teach newcomers there's low, mid and high targets.

McNum

What I'm thinking about T6 is I saw that movement tutorial... And went "You can do THAT?!" Suddenly, some of the higher level games I've seen on Youtube made a lot more sense, like how people managed to practically dart around during the fight. The beauty of Tekken is not actually the big juggles. It's the constant maneuvering to get to the big juggles. And if you have the maneuvering down, you might be able to get by with small juggles for a while.

What characters are most like themselves from T6 to Tag 2? I know I'll keep at Xiayou, even if she's one of the worst picks for a relative newbie, because I know her moves. And I have a sick sense of timing and range with the Storming Flower attack. At least, I used to have that. Probably a bit rusty. I like Yoshimitsu for his WTF?! factor, but I think I should learn a more direct character to partner up with a more elusive Xiayou in Tag 2. Heihachi, perhaps. I used to be not-terrible with him. Any new guys in T6 to watch out for? Who is that robot girl? Is she good?

My main weakness here is that I have no real experience fighting human opponents in Tekken. Just a few friendly fights here and there. Most likely less than 100 total over the entire series.

What should i focus on if I buy T6 to prepare for Tag 2?

Top Bottom