• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

I eventually want to get P4 and DOA, but I banked on SFxT DLC and VF5 for now. So if you guys want to join me in that I'm so for it.

BTW I'm Loving LOVING LOVING VF5. It's so good.

Man I fail so much when it comes to VF5FS, havent touched it in weeks. Very dissapointed in myself for not playing more. Doesnt help that while I'm loving Eileen I customized Aoi and made her look so delicious that I want to use her now too lol. I have to somehow find a way to make time for VF, P4A and Tag 2 but I just know that Tag is going to eat up almost all of my time.

Pachimari

No guest characters????? I swear to God.... If I see this guy:

1324034940945.jpg

I'm going to devote all my time into slandering everything about him!!
That's the guy we need added. This is the guy Tekken needs.

BTW who did everyone main in TEKKEN?

Very boring for me but it's what keeps me playing.

TEKKEN Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 2 Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 3 Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT Yoshimitsu + Jin
TEKKEN 4 Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 5 Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 5/DR Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 6/BR Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Will be Yoshimitsu + ???

And I'm still no good but I don't strive to be a competitive player so...

GrayFoxPL

Very boring for me but it's what keeps me playing.

TEKKEN Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 2 Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 3 Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT Yoshimitsu + Jin
TEKKEN 4 Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 5 Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 5/DR Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN 6/BR Yoshimitsu
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Will be Yoshimitsu + ???

And I'm still no good but I don't strive to be a competitive player so...

So I see your main is Bryan.

Raonak

Banned
I came into tekken in Tekken3. I didnt actually start playing seriously until T5:DR on PS3.
Tekken 3: Eddy (lol, buttonmashing)
Tekken Tag: Kaz/Devil (just for that transforming gimmic)
Tekken 5: Roger -> then later Kaz

This is when I actually started learning the characters.
Tekken 5DR: Kaz + a bit of armour king. (because my friend main'd King)
Tekken 6: Kazuya + Armour King + Bruce (started learning some bruce, as he was a character i never saw used much)

Tekken Tag 2: Kazuya + Jin + Armor King + Bruce

Decided to pick up jin just so i had a semi-logical pairing for kazuya.

Me picking up Armour King finally paid off, since now me and my friend can do pair play with a King/Armour King combo.

TriAceJP

This may be a bit off topic but if some of you want to help me get my game up in Tekken 6, please PM me :)

I play the PS3 version.

Let me throw in my mains.

Tekken: Kazuya
Tekken 2: Baek
Tekken 3: Hwoarang
Tekken 4: Hwoarang
Tekken 5: Asuka
Tekken 5-2: Lili
Tekken 6: Eleonore

Although I like to spice up my game and try not to pick the same people too often.

GrayFoxPL

Doomshine kicked my ass. Hard.

But was cool watching you, man.

No idea how you can remember all moveset and juggles for like 8 characters at once.

My memory's so bad I only remember 1,5 character at the given time.

Probably will play 1vs2 in Tag2. lol.

Doomshine

Good games man! I was really confused for the first rounds, trying to hold a guard button and doing VF style wakeup attacks. I jumped around different to characters try and refresh my memory.

I said this before, but execution is so damn tight in Tekken, I missed some really easy stuff.

Pachimari

DanielPhoenix from Tekken Zaibatsu mentions this:

Rumor?
What harada thinks of korean players and his enthusiasm to make a new korean character...

In an interview with Harada when he was in Korea, he congrats Korean players cause of their level in the game and he asked Koreans to research about Taekkyeon martial art cause he is planning to add a new female character rival to Baek with this Style, it depends of how well the Korean look for this information about the martial art and give it to him.

Video of Taekkyeon.

The source.

---

Oh, and what I like about having Shin in would be that he is emo, he isn't typically Western and he is kind of mysterious, yet he's also a young boy, all of which we don't have much of in Tekken. Add to that, this is a fighting games with a ton of professional fighters, we don't have a single one who "can't" fight, which Shin would fit. Besides if he just gets Jin's fighting style, then I like his look as well. I'm all for Shin Kamiya, am I alone on this in this thread? :)

Pachimari

Another interview with Northside.

"To try and make the game 'feel' like Tekken we've gone to great lengths identifying and implementing all the popular elements from previous titles," Harada said.

"Stages, music and characters, obviously, were very natural but I'm also talking about gameplay modes, over the top combos and the general flow combat.

"Our slogan is We Are Tekken so anything that didn't feel right was scrapped. Cool ideas are nice but if they don't fit with the core material you start doing the brand a disservice."

More at the link.

EDIT:
Just read it, not much new, if anything.

Dereck

Oh, and what I like about having Shin in would be that he is emo, he isn't typically Western and he is kind of mysterious, yet he's also a young boy, all of which we don't have much of in Tekken. Add to that, this is a fighting games with a ton of professional fighters, we don't have a single one who "can't" fight, which Shin would fit. Besides if he just gets Jin's fighting style, then I like his look as well. I'm all for Shin Kamiya, am I alone on this in this thread? :)
I find Shin unappealing.

GrayFoxPL

I find Shin unappealing.

It's hard to like a guy who just dies without putting up a fight. Oh and his arms glitters.

I mean they introduce this character for 1,5 hours. All that screen time for what? So that Hei could brake his back in 3 seconds.

Most idiotic character development ever. So bad, not even funny.

McNum

Ah, I think I can get that arcade stick fixed soon, it's a broken wire. That's fixable.

Maybe i should just blitz some story mode with the DualShock3, it's not as if I'll learn much from those anyway.

Doomshine

. Add to that, this is a fighting games with a ton of professional fighters, we don't have a single one who "can't" fight, which Shin would fit. Besides if he just gets Jin's fighting style, then I like his look as well. I'm all for Shin Kamiya, am I alone on this in this thread? :)

I think Miguel qualifies as a non-professional fighter. Dude is just an angry, drunk brawler.

I'm honestly indifferent to Kamiya, as long as he's done well I don't really mind.

DanielPhoenix from Tekken Zaibatsu mentions this:

Video of Taekkyeon.

The source.
Dope. I'm always in favor of having more legit fighting styles and I've been hoping someone would tackle Taekkyeon for a while.

Why is that a desirable thing?

Isn't that Dr. B's schtick?

Anyway, I'm still pushing hard for Tougou. I need him.

danmaku

It's hard to like a guy who just dies without putting up a fight. Oh and his arms glitters.

I mean they introduce this character for 1,5 hours. All that screen time for what? So that Hei could brake his back in 3 seconds.

I really don't understand what's Namco was up to with him. They wasted so much time on his story and then they said fuck it, we ran out of time and we need a Mishima fight. But then again, nothing in Blood Vengeance really makes sense, so who cares. If he appears in the game, he could only be a joke character, like Dan.

MrDenny

I didn't understand this scene either.
Why the hell did they develop shin's character for so long just for it to end like that.
It's like they drew the character and didn't know what to do with him so they just stuck him in the movie.

I would change it, but then I'd have to update the article which voids tweets and links to it. You don't mind posting that up in the comments for me?

EDIT: Thanks!

And yeah I saw that 10 hit lose too, who said 10 hit strings were useless? Hahah

I missed list time. Shame. Never too late.

Tekken 1: Devil Kaz
Tekken 2: Jun & Alex
Tekken 3: Jin & Hwoarang
TTT1: Jun & Jin, Kazuya & Lee, Alex, Hwoarang and Devil/Angel
Tekken Bowl: Bryan & Jin
Tekken 4: Jin
Tekken 5: Jin, Asuka, Wang, Steve and Lee
T5DR: Lili, Jin. Lee
Tekken 6: Lili, Jin and Lee
T6BR: Lili, Lars, Jin and Lee
TTT2: Lili & Jun, Lars, Jin, Lee and Alex

When it comes to Tekken it becomes hard to settle playing 1 single character in later entries. I think in T5 probably mained every single character at one point because that's how much I played it.

I do have to know since I've been side lurking the thread. How's playing T6 going for everybody for prep for Tag 2? I want to as well but I'm the odd duck since I have it on 360 and not that other system.

Dereck

How's playing T6 going for everybody for prep for Tag 2?
I would have to improve the way I play with Law, I get too nervous playing with human characters, which is when I do a lot of stupid shit. I'm decent with Bryan and Miguel, I might have to expand on that. Ready to play with Forest, probably kick out Marshall and gain on Miguel and Bryan.

Is there a good website the learn the characters in T6? My copy should arrive either today or tomorrow and I'd like to read up and prepare to train.

AAK

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2009/11/07/level-up-your-game-episode-1-launched/

A visual explanation for the basics are the best, I tried to compile everything they did in this OT, but having someone verbally tell you something might be easier to understand vs reading my erratic english. Tekken is extremely different from 2D fighters in the fact that you have to know about the core mechanics EACH character has before going out and specializing. Once you understand the basics, play around with a few characters by just going through the movelist and trying them out. Once that's done, the Tekken Zaibatsu forums are probably the best means to figure things out:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=145

Also, watch match videos of your character in action. Pay special attention as to what moves are safe and unsafe, what moves are used to keep opponents from stepping or ducking you, the okizeme options, etc. But feel free to ask away in this thread if anything is confusing.

Learning Tekken can be a massive undertaking, but with that it's probably the most rewarding simultaneously. Having people to ask is pretty much a necessity.

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2009/11/07/level-up-your-game-episode-1-launched/

A visual explanation for the basics are the best, I tried to compile everything they did in this OT, but having someone verbally tell you something might be easier to understand vs reading my erratic english. Tekken is extremely different from 2D fighters in the fact that you have to know about the core mechanics EACH character has before going out and specializing. Once you understand the basics, play around with a few characters by just going through the movelist and trying them out. Once that's done, the Tekken Zaibatsu forums are probably the best means to figure things out:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=145

Also, watch match videos of your character in action. Pay special attention as to what moves are safe and unsafe, what moves are used to keep opponents from stepping or ducking you, the okizeme options, etc. But feel free to ask away in this thread if anything is confusing.

Learning Tekken can be a massive undertaking, but with that it's probably the most rewarding simultaneously. Having people to ask is pretty much a necessity.

Wow, this is awesome. Thank you.

Pachimari

Boxart variations for North America and Latin America:

t1wWJl.jpg

7FzgUl.jpg

lhuqWl.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the Christie & JayCee one, hopefully we will get printable covers (with the backcover) that we can replace the stock cover with.

AAK

First tutorial video by LUYG for TTT2:

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/08/02/tekken-tag-tournament-2-tutorial-video-1-the-basics/

I posted a thread in gaming too.

Love that intro. Awesome for them to officially get recognized by Namco. FilthieRich getting stuff Done!

And DAMN, I do also wish we get some reversable covers. But again, being in Canada always screw me over, cause of getting the mandatory french translation on there, they don't do the reversible covers here. :(

Sayah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bzBvPFMfFY

1.5 hours of Gamespot button mashing on TTT2U!

And this is why the reviews for TTT2 may potentially be depressing to see, just like Tekken 6.

This game is such a button masher. Why am I getting my ass kicked online? This sucks. 6.5/10. /end.

I missed list time. Shame. Never too late.

Tekken 1: Devil Kaz
Tekken 2: Jun & Alex
Tekken 3: Jin & Hwoarang
TTT1: Jun & Jin, Kazuya & Lee, Alex, Hwoarang and Devil/Angel
Tekken Bowl: Bryan & Jin
Tekken 4: Jin
Tekken 5: Jin, Asuka, Wang, Steve and Lee
T5DR: Lili, Jin. Lee
Tekken 6: Lili, Jin and Lee
T6BR: Lili, Lars, Jin and Lee
TTT2: Lili & Jun, Lars, Jin, Lee and Alex

When it comes to Tekken it becomes hard to settle playing 1 single character in later entries. I think in T5 probably mained every single character at one point because that's how much I played it.

I do have to know since I've been side lurking the thread. How's playing T6 going for everybody for prep for Tag 2? I want to as well but I'm the odd duck since I have it on 360 and not that other system.

T6 is great preparation for TTT2. The more I play, the better I get.

Also, I'd like to take a moment and give major props to our very own Flying Wonkey for being the brand new addition to the Avoiding The Puddle team:

https://twitter.com/AvoidThePuddle/status/230937099996651520

Awesome. Congrats FW.

Sayah

Boxart variations for North America and Latin America:

t1wWJl.jpg

7FzgUl.jpg

lhuqWl.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the Christie & JayCee one, hopefully we will get printable covers (with the backcover) that we can replace the stock cover with.

0_0

Loving these.
Edit: Forgot these would be reversible. So whichever cover has Nina/Anna is the one I'll be getting.

Top Bottom