• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Jun's low :/.

Btw. Did they fix Beak in one of those patches or U? People were saying Beak was retard tier when TTT2 came out, so bad.

Exactly. #LowTierHero

Regardless, every character will be viable. I'm just happy my girls aren't close to the top so there won't be a shit ton of people choosing them in contrast to the Mishimas.

GrayFoxPL

Exactly. #LowTierHero

Regardless, every character will be viable. I'm just happy my girls aren't close to the top so there won't be a shit ton of people choosing them in contrast to the Mishimas.

I expect billion of Law Family team like billion Marshalls in T6 online. Seriously it's like Ryu&Ken in SfxT. I puke Laws. Hopefully Forest will be so bad that they'll leave him so I can pick him up. :p

AAK

My bad I was thinking more about juggles. Her new staple juggle ender is no longer 3,4,3. Now you do f,f+3,f,f, dash and you basically can get all of her qcf moves from there. So hence it's usually f,f+3,f,f,1,2. Because of how much distance it covers it it's fairly reliable. But yeah, not very useful outside of juggles. I'm sure it's still a juggle starter by itself with good range.

Also, her BT,1+2 now bounds, so also that improves her juggling abilities since she can d/f+3+4 you and then BT,1+2 bound you giving rise to a pretty scary oki setup when paired with a Tag Assault combo.

She has a new WS,1,2 string which is pretty much her go to punisher when blocking lows. It's a natural combo and leaves you at plus frames. There is a low kick ender but it's unsafe and not guaranteed.

Those are the main things I discerned from watching Lili players.

Degen

I don't take fighting game tier lists seriously, but I love seeing my favorite characters at or near the bottom of one (and they usually are)

makes me feel like a better player than I really am lol

I expect billion of Law Family team like billion Marshalls in T6 online. Seriously it's like Ryu&Ken in SfxT. I puke Laws. Hopefully Forest will be so bad that they'll leave him so I can pick him up. :p
we'll probably see even more Kazuya/Devil Jin teams, or some mix of Mishimas

GrayFoxPL

we'll probably see even more Kazuya/Devil Jin teams, or some mix of Mishimas

Devil Jins, you must be kidding. Scrubs will be like: "I have to have skills to play this character? Fuck this shit man."

With Kazuya at least they can uf+4444 when desperate, lol.

AAK

Devil Jins, you must be kidding. Scrubs will be like: "I have to have skills to play this character? Fuck this shit man."

You'll be surprised at the amount of mileage people get off of Devil Jin's u+4. Especially online where it crushes highs and lows and a juggle starter, and it's so risky to try and punish online.

I'm guilty of it more than anyone here!

GrayFoxPL

You'll be surprised at the amount of mileage people get off of Devil Jin's u+4. Especially online where it crushes highs and lows and a juggle starter, and it's so risky to try and punish online.

I'm guilty of it more than anyone here!

Speaking only for Euro online in T6 I rarely saw decent DJ. Just some "Eh? Really?" laser show. Does anyone get hit by a laser?

Speaking of online, there's some ridiculously ranked Kuma dude. Yes Kuma. Dude's insane and hilarious.

I also saw a Jin player with such insane skills my jaw hit the floor. Just fucking live combo vids. Reaction time like a cat on meth. He beat a beastly Steve player I couldn't touch in under 7-8 seconds a round, perfects too. Mind blowing. I was watching turbo mode. His nick was ALisa-the-kiLler or something like that. Seen him only in player match.

Degen

Devil Jin can do pretty well using his basics, just poking, countering, punishing and juggling

above all else, I think a lot of players will keep picking Mishimas just because they're Mishimas

AAK

Speaking only for Euro online in T6 I rarely saw decent DJ. Just some "Eh? Really?" laser show. Does anyone get hit by a laser?

Speaking of online, there's some ridiculously ranked Kuma dude. Yes Kuma. Dude's insane and hilarious.

I also saw a Jin player with such insane skills my jaw hit the floor. Just fucking live combo vids. Reaction time like a cat on meth. He beat a beastly Steve player I couldn't touch in under 7-8 seconds a round, perfects too. Mind blowing. I was watching turbo mode. His nick was ALisa-the-kiLler or something like that. Seen him only in player match.

I've been hit with everything imaginable with T6's online. I get used to playing offline sessions with friends and I become an illiterate at the game once I go online. I play tons of online sometimes and then I go have offline session with some buds and they wreck me over since my timing got all screwed up. :(

Maybe I can just blame Canadian internet.

GrayFoxPL

I've been hit with everything imaginable with T6's online. I get used to playing offline sessions with friends and I become an illiterate at the game once I go online. I play tons of online sometimes and then I go have offline session with some buds and they wreck me over since my timing got all screwed up. :(

Maybe I can just blame Canadian internet.

Yeah, timing is so different online. I'm screwing up electrics online because I instinctively wait for my characters movement after f,n. And it's too late.

But when I see someone punishing Steve's single jabs on reaction with EWHF online. I'm:

iuVIXFElBE3uD.jpg

I'm dreaming of making my offense so fucking mad that I'll forget backdash exist. I want to be kissing range all the time. I want to rub it in on them. I want opponents to feel disgusted when I clench on them like a pooch humping their leg. I want to invade their private space and dance on it in dirty shoes.

All is but a dream for now.

AAK

I'm dreaming of making my offense so fucking mad that I'll forget backdash exist. I want to be kissing range all the time. I want to rub it in on them. I want opponents to feel disgusted when I clench on them like a pooch humping their leg. I want to invade their private space and dance on it in dirty shoes.

That's how I used to play Armor King online....then I met Sayah's Nina.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
There's going to be a shit-ton of Jun/Asuka teams online, mark my words.

Oh god I hope that's not the case.

Now I know how hipster kids feel when their favorite music becomes mainstream.

Praying for a shit ton of Mishimas, Eddy/Christie teams.

Degen

No one had better try to use Jaycee/King besides me

and markman.

OK, rephrase. Nobody had better moonsault and ram all the time with Jaycee/King besides me. yeah.

GrayFoxPL

and markman.

OK, rephrase. Nobody had better moonsault and ram all the time with Jaycee/King besides me. yeah.

It's a deal.

I'm worried about Combot. What will stop people from building a god tier with best moves and go online?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Of course.

What dash after f,f+3? I did hear that is no longer safe. I also read her d/b+4 is back to DR speed but only launches on CH, which is a net positive IMO.

f,f+3~F will make her do QCF dash automatically. The typical ender is f,f+3 after extended combos for wall carry. :D

AAK

and markman.

You can go ahead and choose Jaycee... I'll choose the superior Julia/Aking ;)

It's a deal.

I'm worried about Combot. What will stop people from building a god tier with best moves and go online?

I think he can't be chosen for ranked matches, only player matches. I say Bring it on. It'll make the victory that much sweeter.

There's going to be a lot of combinations of Jaycee/Aking/King. So anyone expecting to be unique should start finding some really dumb costumes.

Question: Why is Heihachi's just-frame CD+1 so hard to do? What am I missing there?

Sayah

LMAO
That's how I used to play Armor King online....then I met Sayah's Nina.

O hai thar! :)

Degen

There's going to be a lot of combinations of Jaycee/Aking/King. So anyone expecting to be unique should start finding some really dumb costumes.

Question: Why is Heihachi's just-frame CD+1 so hard to do? What am I missing there?
no one will have my unique jaycee/king costumes:

default, black and white. get it? n.W.o.

no one will think of this. while everyone else is unlocking colors of dresses for Kazuya I'll be ready to go from day one. Degen inherits the earth

edit: T6's netcode is terrible but the gameplay is so great that I put up with it over and over again. I am whipped by a video game

Man I really hope TTT2's online netcode works out, I still have horrible memories from the first week of T6 console release pre-patch. I was convinced that T6:BR online was the biggest scrub fest ever.

The db+4 Asukas, the 10-string Lilis, the multithrow Kings, the laser shooting DJs, the d+4,4,4,4 Lees and the guys that just did Kazuya's spinning bullshit exclusively.

Just ugh.

You mean the sparkly blue version of it? OTGF?

Then yeah the notation for it isn't actually cd+1, you have to ignore the down input while pulling out the move.

If in training mode, turn on command history and try getting a f,n,d/f+1 input down. Trick is to get the d/f and 1 down at the same time.

Bleep

Yeah, I do remember now how Namco did promise a good online netcode for T6 and we got that debacle.

Truly is frightening if the same thing happens again.

Ah well, another region except for North America gets a WAT edition. This time it's for the Pacific area:

http://tekken.com/preorder?lang=en-au

http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/C0II0

WAT edition was already announced for this region, I think they are just reminding people because now they have a picture of the region specific cover art along with links to where you can preorder it.

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah, I do remember now how Namco did promise a good online netcode for T6 and we got that debacle.

They had also said they were going to use a modified version of the DR netcode. That alone should have told you everything you needed to know, it did for me. =( At least they're using something decent as the base this time, yeah?

Pachimari

Michelle Chang:

Cn2wel.jpg

Games journalist Julia Hardy gets trained in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 by pro-gamer Lion-o in preparation for entering the Eurogamer tournament.

This video includes basic strategy, game tactics with hints and tips and new in game footage. Featuring characters Kunimitsu, Heihachi Mishima, Jinpachi Mishima, Yoshimitsu, Nina Williams, Marshall Law, Panda, Ancient Ogre, Anna Williams, Combot, Angel, Armor King II, Jin Kazama, Lei Wulong, Jun Kazama, Jack-6, Miguel Caballero Rojo.

Youtube

- Tekken Zaibatsu.

Dereck

When people say "netcode", are they talking about the connection quality, like if I'm in Georgia fighting someone in Washington, there will or will not be any lag, or are we talking about the way online works, (how many players in a room, options, drop in drop out, spectating)?

MightyKAC

When people say "netcode", are they talking about the connection quality, like if I'm in Georgia fighting someone in Washington, there will or will not be any lag, or are we talking about the way online works, (how many players in a room, options, drop in drop out, spectating)?

When I think of netcode I think of how well the game handles a connection between the two players.

For example: AAK and I live on pretty much opposite sides of the globe. And when we try to play T6 it just won't happen, can't connect or anything. Even my games with Sayah are slow and laggy. But when we play VF5FS it's a different story. We can play just fine (relatively) despite how far we are away from each other. This is due to VF's netcode being better than T6's

Pachimari

I'm actually thinking of maining Jin Kazama (last I played him were in Tekken 4) and his parrying game is something just up my alley but maybe it'll be too hard for someone like me with no skills but want to become a beast? Also, I'm probably gonna pair him up with Leo, Julia or Lili.

Truly is frightening if the same thing happens again.

Ah well, another region except for North America gets a WAT edition. This time it's for the Pacific area:

http://tekken.com/preorder?lang=en-au

http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/C0II0

WAT edition was available for preorder at the same time as Europe

Also, for preordering the standard edition we get all 4 characters (along with a steelbook) no matter the the store. Bikini bundle is Gamestop/Eb exclusive though

Poor Americans

Pachimari

Poor Americans? Poor us in Europe. We get 2 DLC characters and probably the Snoop Dog stage. But GameStop knows nothing about the bikinis, the other 2 DLC characters or anything. :(

Poor Americans? Poor us in Europe. We get 2 DLC characters and probably the Snoop Dog stage. But GameStop knows nothing about the bikinis, the other 2 DLC characters or anything. :(

That sucks. Hopefully it's just an error

Even if you don't get your fundoshis you should at least get all the characters. That seems to be the case with GS and EB elsewhere

With any luck you'll get everything

Pachimari

Yeah but I'm contemplating cancelling my pre-order and just getting the review copy. I might be able to wait the 90 days if I'm gonna main Jin and Julia/Leo. I most of all just want to become really skilled and learn all the mechanics and have them wired into my brain. If it's just 2 characters and nothing else I'll just go get my money back on release day. :)

AAK

Woah, are those custom cover arts or something?

Youtube

- Tekken Zaibatsu.

Poor Lion-O, the must have been a crazy challenge for him.

but didnt they say its going to use the exact same system as Soul Calibur 5?

For all we know SCV is probably using an updated Tekken 6 netcode. Even though I haven't played SCV, everyone has said that there is a very generous input buffering window to counter the lag and also that's how the game is designed. Tekken on the other hand is extremely strict in that regard and hence will give rise to major latency unfortunately. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Damn, that's so weird. It's great we're getting so much great content, but it sucks how it's so divided and exclusive to different regions.

Uthred

Its weird how Gamestop arent even listed on the UK/EU pre-order page. At the moment you can get Jun & Angel along with the Snoop Stage and Bikinis from Shopto or Ogre & Kuni + Stage + Swimsuits from Zavvi. WAT from GAME and the standard from Amazon or Play. Its also awesome how in Namco's eyes Ireland doesnt even exist ;)

Pachimari

I think the pre-ordering campaign have been pretty poorly run by Namco Bandai to be honest. Different content for different stores along different regions and countries. With 1.5 months left and they have still to update details for some countries on the pre-order page.

I hope Kotobukiya will make a figure based on that Michelle Chang art, which it'll be based on if they decide to make one.

GrayFoxPL

For all we know SCV is probably using an updated Tekken 6 netcode. Even though I haven't played SCV, everyone has said that there is a very generous input buffering window to counter the lag and also that's how the game is designed. Tekken on the other hand is extremely strict in that regard and hence will give rise to major latency unfortunately. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

SCV netcode doesn't feel like T6 modified or not. SCV sometimes slows down game based on connection, whole match, not random. Character reaction on input is fast, faster then T6(easy to check by mashing guard). Tag2 is supposed to have modified SCV netcode, they said somewhere that they'll use what worked with SCV but it won't be 1:1 copy.
I just hope it won't inherit the broken matchmaking. I had to change mtu to 1492 in PS3, because it just didn't work otherwise. Same thing happened to others on 8wayrun forum.

Top Bottom