• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

So we are exactly one month away from the greatest day of our lives. Graduated from highschool/college? Lost your virginity? The birth of your first child? Landing your first job? Winning gold at the Olympics? They all fail in comparison to the greatness we are going to experience come TTT2's release day.

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna go out get Tekken 6 after having taken a shower, will either practice with Jin Kazama, Lili or Leo probably.

So this is what's useful for my training: the LUYG videos and the OP of this thread?

Probably will order that arcade stick sometime in the near future.

My garbage internet connection(as of this post it's down again) finally lasted long enough for me to get a few online matches in T6.

Yeesh it was brutal. Only ranked win I got was off this scrubby Devil Jin who just ran to the back and tossed lasers. Hell I couldn't even beat this Asuka that did nothing but 3+4 and down/back 4, 4, 3. As soon as I got that one win for the achievement I got the hell out of Dodge. Fared a bit better in player matches at least. That win% must put everyone into serious mode. It's like the kill/death ratio from Call of Duty, gotta get that shit as high as possible.

CSX

My garbage internet connection(as of this post it's down again) finally lasted long enough for me to get a few online matches in T6.

Yeesh it was brutal. Only ranked win I got was off this scrubby Devil Jin who just ran to the back and tossed lasers. Hell I couldn't even beat this Asuka that did nothing but 3+4 and down/back 4, 4, 3. As soon as I got that one win for the achievement I got the hell out of Dodge. Fared a bit better in player matches at least. That win% must put everyone into serious mode. It's like the kill/death ratio from Call of Duty, gotta get that shit as high as possible.

It be sweet if online mode will give us the ability to hide our win ratios like in the arcades.

Dereck

Late but Forest looks awesome!
I don't know if it's the quality of the video but Forest looks a lot less awful than when I first saw him. They lowered the "fat" around his waste that people kept talking about, he also looks more like "Marshall's actual" son, he looked pretty weird in the reveal trailer.

Degen

I get random compliments on King's costume and on my weird move choices. it's horrible! Even SC5 had more trash talk than this :(

GrayFoxPL

I get random compliments on King's costume and on my weird move choices. it's horrible! Even SC5 had more trash talk than this :(

I hit a dude with raged CH Baeks unblockable that left him with 5% of health for a clean 3-0 win. Called me "trash", was glorious.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Most shocking thing I received was pretty recently actually, as the guy who sent me a message suggested that we should team up for Tag2. He was really good too so it got me pretty pumped.

GrayFoxPL

Check what I've found:
iyAnDgI0kLpTt.gif

How fucking awesome is that?

King The First.

Degen

the original jaguar *bow

I'm on a roll tonight on Ranked. I guess getting rushed to death by a Nina brings out the punisher in you lol

edit: demotion risk? after all that!?

Sayah

So we are exactly one month away from the greatest day of our lives. Graduated from highschool/college? Lost your virginity? The birth of your first child? Landing your first job? Winning gold at the Olympics? They all fail in comparison to the greatness we are going to experience come TTT2's release day.

Exactly one month left. YES. CAN NOT WAIT.

the original jaguar *bow

I'm on a roll tonight on Ranked. I guess getting rushed to death by a Nina brings out the punisher in you lol

edit: demotion risk? after all that!?

Yeah, demotion risk comes very easily in this game.

Harada clarifies Online Pass over twitter:
( not sure If to make a new thread on this. :| )

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/iq1hvp

You misunderstand something completely.
When you buy TTT2. You don't need extra charge for pass.
and It works to a MULITI ACCOUNT (you don't need buy for your brother account something).
and You don't need pass for OFFLINE MODE. It's just Online user activation system.
and If you buy new copy, You can get -->
Online pass = FREE (don't forget, it works for multi account your PS account or XBOX account).
DLC Characters = FREE.
DLC Stages = FREE.
DLC Swimsuits = FREE.
and I'll add more DLC Characters & Stages and On-line additional capability, BUT It's FREE.

ok, Tell me your problem now.
and If you are not a child, Please do not use the dirty language.

RT @ChadDaddy69 Fuck you and your online pass. I hope your game bombs and no one buys that piece of shit. pre order cancelled.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/iq24jk

Yeah, but We are not! right?

I'll say again.

CHARACTERS DLC are FREE,
STAGES DLC are FREE,
SWIMSUITS are FREE,
Extra COSTUME are FREE,
and If you buy New copy,
Online pass are FREE for Console system, It works for MULTIPLE ACCOUNT = You don't need buy extra pass for your Brothers or Sisters or Parents. and all offline mode = No need pass.
It's NOT EXTRA CHARGE system for new copy of TTT2.

and I'll add more DLC Characters & Stages and On-line additional capability DLC / UPDATE, BUT It will be FREE.

If it is still dissatisfied for you, We need to quit development of a game.

RT @DiamondDynamoe It just goes to show how hot of an issue this has been made because other developers' misuse of DLC and passes. :(

McNum

Ah, with my arcade stick fixed rebuilt it's time to get back to playing/practicing some Tekken 6.

Current goal: Relearn Ling Xiayou, including learning one or two simple combos.

I went through her command list in Practice, and I can remember a lot of her moves including a few basic poke, launch, Storming Flower style combos, but it will take a little to translate that from controller to arcade stick.

Of course, combos and such are nice, but I know that my defense must be completely ruined by now. Especially with Xiayou. Just blocking is a nice first step, but it's doing her a disservice seeing how mobile she can be. And she has a parry. How do you practice defense? And I know I'm getting up wrong, too, so I'll have to work on that one.

I should probably take the game online soon, too. See if my Xiayou stacks up again other players at all. I want to be comfortable with the controls again first, though. There's still other people playing in Europe, right?

Well, if you have any Xiayou or defense tips, I'd love to see them, too.

GrayFoxPL

so much nostalgia... are there any gifs of the other fighters from the early tekken games?

wondering as well

I found this in dark corners of tumblr. Nothing more so far.

Ah, with my arcade stick fixed rebuilt it's time to get back to playing/practicing some Tekken 6.

Current goal: Relearn Ling Xiayou, including learning one or two simple combos.

I went through her command list in Practice, and I can remember a lot of her moves including a few basic poke, launch, Storming Flower style combos, but it will take a little to translate that from controller to arcade stick.

Of course, combos and such are nice, but I know that my defense must be completely ruined by now. Especially with Xiayou. Just blocking is a nice first step, but it's doing her a disservice seeing how mobile she can be. And she has a parry. How do you practice defense? And I know I'm getting up wrong, too, so I'll have to work on that one.

I should probably take the game online soon, too. See if my Xiayou stacks up again other players at all. I want to be comfortable with the controls again first, though. There's still other people playing in Europe, right?

Well, if you have any Xiayou or defense tips, I'd love to see them, too.

In practice mode you must change "freestyle" to "defensive training" and pick moves from command list(opponents) to train.

Yes, there are people playing online in Eu. Shout for me when you're on PSN, I need much practice myself. GrayFoxPL is the id.

Best buy is having a blowout sale.. Tekken Hybrid for only $9.99. Just got that copy.. after buying T6.. lol

Goal:
Start T6
Learn ppl
Master T6 (become good at least)
Start Hybrid
Possibly learn the current characters on that game.

GrayFoxPL

Best buy is having a blowout sale.. Tekken Hybrid for only $9.99. Just got that copy.. after buying T6.. lol

Goal:
Start T6
Learn ppl
Master T6 (become good at least)
Start Hybrid
Possibly learn the current characters on that game.

Hybrid Tag2 demo has only Devil Jin, Xiayou, Alisa and permanent Devil Kazuya that isn't like
Tag2 where you manually turn into him during match.

McNum

In practice mode you must change "freestyle" to "defensive training" and pick moves from command list(opponents) to train.

Yes, there are people playing online in Eu. Shout for me when you're on PSN, I need much practice myself. GrayFoxPL is the id.
I might need someone to beat me up once I get comfortable with the controls and do some defensive training. I need to figure out how and when to sidestep, block, or counter. I think I'll use Jin as the offensive guy at first. He kicked my butt hard in Arcade mode... on Easy. I really need to practice.

I'm on PSN, yes, same nick as here: "McNum". Been playing a bit of MGS4, too, so I'll alternate between them when Tekken or Metal Gear starts getting frustrating. Seems like a way to not get bored practicing.

GrayFoxPL

I might need someone to beat me up once I get comfortable with the controls and do some defensive training. I need to figure out how and when to sidestep, block, or counter. I think I'll use Jin as the offensive guy at first. He kicked my butt hard in Arcade mode... on Easy. I really need to practice.

I'm on PSN, yes, same nick as here: "McNum". Been playing a bit of MGS4, too, so I'll alternate between them when Tekken or Metal Gear starts getting frustrating. Seems like a way to not get bored practicing.

Ok.
Btw. Do you know if in mgs4 you have to start from beginning for trophies or can I use old saves and new game+?

For Tekken I usually watch at night tons of youtube pro videos(matches, combo videos) of character I'm interested in, praying it will sink in during sleep and I'll remember at least 30% in the morning.

It's like studying in school days, apart that I never did it.

Ok.
Btw. Do you know if in mgs4 you have to start from beginning for trophies or can I use old saves and new game+?

For Tekken I usually watch at night tons of youtube pro videos(matches, combo videos) of character I'm interested in praying it will sink in during sleep and I'll remember at least 30% in the morning.

Old saves will not work, gotta start a brand new game =(

McNum

Ok.

For Tekken I usually watch at night tons of youtube pro videos(matches, combo videos) of character I'm interested in praying it will sink in during sleep and I'll remember at least 30% in the morning.

You have to start over. All the new saves are tagged "(Ver. 2)". You get to keep smaller unlocks like the ability to recolor Snake's pouches and the ability to enter passwords and play on Big Boss Extreme. But to get trophies, you have to select New Game and go from there. Good luck if you're going for Platinum, by the way. You'll need it.

I think I'll watch one of those Level Up your game videos, then try some defensive training tomorrow.

GrayFoxPL

Old saves will not work, gotta start a brand new game =(

Awwww damn.

Thanks for info.

You have to start over. All the new saves are tagged "(Ver. 2)". You get to keep smaller unlocks like the ability to recolor Snake's pouches and the ability to enter passwords and play on Big Boss Extreme. But to get trophies, you have to select New Game and go from there. Good luck if you're going for Platinum, by the way. You'll need it.

I think I'll watch one of those Level Up your game videos, then try some defensive training tomorrow.

Ow detailed. Thank you.

Alright got 1,000/1,000g in Tekken 6.
Going to move on to The Witcher 2, Darksiders 2, and Growlanser while I wait for TTT2.

I figure my team is gonna be Asuka/Lili. I just picked up Lili like ten minutes ago and I'm already digging her. Will keep a link open to tekkenzaibatsu and youtube while I'm playing through these other games.

Pachimari

Flying Wonkey posted the full opening sequence for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in the Gaming Forum.

Pretty underwhelming.

Though I love that they're using the same music!

EDIT:
Aw it's not the full one :(

I took some scree-caps:

I guess we'll get more news by Wednesday. If they were to reveal new characters then that surely would happen through a trailer, so that should be today as well or tomorrow, seeing as he said they'll release trailers before Gamescom. But somehow I don't think this will be the case.

SarBear

All converters will introduce some type of lag, however the one I linked is probably the best one in terms of minimal delay. You can't tell by feel, just field testing (even then it's almost impossible to see).

Nin still plays, a lot... just not at Green arcade.

So i just got this in the mail. Awesome converter. No noticeable lag whatsoever with the standard Dual Shock 2. Admittedly I was going to just cop one off ebay for half the price, but I'm a little weary of the people on there. Glad I went this route. Thank you for the advice.

Top Bottom