• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

CSX

Damnit Miguel why does one of your most damaging wall combos not work on all characters. d/f 2,2 and d/f 4,1,1 whiff at the wall against alot of the female characters. Only Lili and Christie are the exception. Even little old Wang still gets by those moves. This is why I should have picked up Miguel day 1 so I could've known this stuff already and adjust accordingly.

To be fair, df2,2 natuarally doesnt like to be landed on walls. Think its one of those that have to be in perfect conditions (normal sized character, splatted perfectly perpendicular to the wall, nice height, etc).

Plus his wall combo with a one hit bound looks sexier :p

Is there a trick to dashing in after bounding? 90% of the time I'm too late/don't dash/completely miss

I liked it back in T4 when I could just pick Jin and press buttons :(

Sayah

Is there a trick to dashing in after bounding? 90% of the time I'm too late/don't dash/completely miss

I liked it back in T4 when I could just pick Jin and press buttons :(

Which character are you using that requires dashing after bounding?

AAK

^It's all practice, it takes a while to get used to the moves of characters and place it in your muscle memory.

Also the Tekken tune thing would have made the Snoop Dog thing bearable... but I'm still not going to enable it since I play all my offline sessions in Arcade mode, and if you have the Snoop Dog DLC, you are forced to play that stage at the first stage everytime. That just kills the variety.

Sayah

Anna

After d2 or ss3 I'm always too far to connect anything that doesn't start on the ground

Namely b1,2,2 in this case

Oh, b 1,2,2 can be pretty hard to connect with Anna after bounds. Timing is very strict. Usually what I do after the bound is press forward twice (real fast), then quickly shift your thumb to back and continue the b 1,2,2. All of this has to be done quickly.

Although, I would suggest moving up and doing Anna's d/b+3+4, 3+4 after bounds instead which is more reliable. Otherwise, if you want to reach a wall for extended damage, definitely use her u/f+1, 3, 3+4. And once the opponent is on the wall, the usual d/f+1,2 then f+2+3 is good.

AAK

Although, I would suggest moving up and doing Anna's d/b+3+4, 4 after bounds instead which is more reliable. Otherwise, if you want to reach a wall for extended damage, definitely use her u/f+1, 3, 3+4. And once the opponent is on the wall, the usual d/f+1,2 then f+2+3 is good.

I think I lost 10 months of my life due to the rage induced when you land those on me like 50 times every session :p

Sayah

Hey toasty, these are more Anna suggestions if you want them. :)

Try these combos out on the Tunnel disaster stage.
Make sure position reset is turned on from the practice menu.
Combo 1 - d/f+2, d/f+1, d/f+3,2, SS, 3, u/f+1,3,3+4. Now the opponent should be on the wall. Do d/f+1,2, then f+2+3.
Combo 2 - d/b+3, 1, d/f+3,2, SS, 3, u/f+1,3,3+4. Now the opponent should be on the wall. Do d/f+1,2, then f+2+3.
Combo 3 - Turn on counter hit from practice menu - d,d/f,f+1, then d,d/f,f+1 again. Then d/f+3,2. Then d/f+3,1,4. Opponent should be against the wall now. Press d/b+1. Then press d/f+1,2. Then press f+2+3.
Combo 4 - Turn on counter hit - qcf+2, u/f+3, d+4,1 - then press f,f+3,4,3. Then d/b+1. Then d/f+1,2. Then f+2+3.

Just try and experiment with combos like this.

Also, you should know that some of Anna's moves can be cancelled into her stance. Specifically, the following.
d/f+1,2,3. As soon as you press 3, hold back. Following that, you have a lot of options from her stance to confuse people with mids, highs and lows.
Other moves you can cancel.
While rising, Press 3 and hold back.
During d/f+3,1. Hold back right after pressing 1.
During f,f+3,4,3 - hold back at end to go into stance.

Finally, when you are in the stance, you should know that you can do some moves that are not listed on command list. Specifically, they are:
f+2+3
2+3
Any of her qcf motion attacks. Instead of pressing d,d/f,f, though. You can simply press d/f only. So her d,d/f,f+1 attack would be d/f+1 when she is in the stance.

I think I lost 10 months of my life due to the rage induced when you land those on me like 50 times every session :p

LOL It feels so satisfying to land her butt tackle.

Edit: Just looked it up. That move is called Aphrodite's scorn. haha.

DEATH™

I think I'm going to change my team to Armor King/King. Jaycee/King just don't do as much damage together.

But yo! Man, playing in Japan for the last week has been amazing. So much awesome stuff I've seen in the arcades from top players!

Yes!!!

-----

BTW on a unrelated note, do people remember how much was the discounts madcatz and hori give on black friday sale? I'm considering to buy a TE but I'm in tight money for school book (and modding parts >:D) ... Considering the fall classes will come soon, I could wait, but if the sale ain't that much then...

Will this PS3 version TTT2 run on PS4? I think at this point in the console life cycle we should consider future proofing our games. It would be nice if this version would upscale the graphics for PS4. Either way I would like a arcade perfect port of TTT2 at some time in the future.

AAK

^^^
Most probably not. Rumor has it if BC will make it, it will be done through cloud gaming i.e. with a lot of lag and hence unplayable on it.

CSX

all this talk. My god i cant wait to get my ass kicked play against yall online. Hell even if the online turns out to be meh, i get to learn some stuff :)

Dereck

Will this PS3 version TTT2 run on PS4? I think at this point in the console life cycle we should consider future proofing our games. It would be nice if this version would upscale the graphics for PS4. Either way I would like a arcade perfect port of TTT2 at some time in the future.
I'm surprised you're even touching TTT2 given your recent complaints.

Sayah

Yes - We're in Anime now.

631489694.jpg

Also, dat Michael. Making me laugh too hard.

j6ykOzkWYhvqG.png

jbeRat8wH7FBvl.png

jYfA6lZMwHdA4.png

Feel my pain.

jSJ2jSYGql7pi.png

- Baraka (Flying Wonkey?), Tekken Zaibatsu.

Yo. And there's more coming up at Gamescom, my details might be slightly off since there's apparently going to be more to the TEKKEN Tunes mode then a simple jukebox/sound settings thing.

Oh and newish tier list from a SBO guidebook (Edit: It might actually be from Arcadia...) if anyone cares:

アルカランク

S
Devil Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi

A+
Lars, Leo, Nina, Feng Wei, Bob

A
Dragunov, Jinpachi, Steve Fox, Armor King
Hwoarang, Miguel

A-
JayCee, Bruce Irvin, Lei Wulong, Bryan Fury, Lee
Paul Phoenix, Asuka

B+
Ganryu, Marduk, JACK-6
Anna, Jin Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu

B
Alisa, Eddy/Christie, Ogre, King, Kuma/Panda, Zafina, Jun, Baek, Lili, Raven,
Law, Roger. Jr, Yoshimitsu, Wang Jinrei

補足 (Supplemental information?)
- Jinpachi can be seen higher depending on team composition and Tag Assault combos.
- Anna can also be placed higher in the listings due to team composition and her ability to take red life.
- Jin might be higher If the player makes clever use of parrying.

AAK

Thanks for posting the list FW. I wonder if Angel being a Mishima will also be top tier. I've been practicing djin and kaz recently to try her out.

I assume the Anna part refers to her tag cancellable launchets being above avetage to kill red health.

Tag launchers allow you to consume opponent red's life making the damage you inflict permanent. Stuff like d+3,2~5 for lifting the opponent and tagging your partner in to continue the combo.

d+4,1 is also pretty neat in cases where your partner's tagged launch doesn't leave the opponent so high up in the air.

Sayah

Tag launchers consume opponent red's life making the damage you inflict permanent. Stuff like d+3,2~5 for lifting the opponent and tagging your partner in to continue the combo.

d+4,1 is also pretty neat in cases where your partner's tagged launch doesn't leave the opponent so high up in the air.

Oh, I see. Her crouching d/f+2 is much more effective now thanks to that. So far, I think Jinpachi, Jaycee, Nina and Zafina are the ones I've noticed that work well with her. Nothing you already didn't know. :p

Jinpachi+Anna team actually sounds amazing, though.
More edits: nice Anna/Jinpachi matches if anyone wants to watch.

Why Lei so high on the list? I always thought his juggles lacked damage and was a super high risk character.

Lei's juggle damage is actually one of the most highest damaging in the game, mainly due to his new BT 4,4 bound move and ff+3's floating properties that creates a wealth of new juggles for him. For instance look at the solo staple combo damage [minus launcher] comparison for each character:

Source.

-----

Jinpachi - df1, df11, df31, ub12~f, 124 = 53
Ogre - df1, 31, db1,b! ff b43,3+4 = 48
Jun - uf3, b42, f3f1+2, 1+2, ff23 = 57
JC - 4, d,df141, df14,1+2,b! d,df14, ff14 = 51
Hei - f3, df1, bf2,d1,b!, cd441 = 49
Jin - bf21, f133,b! b3~f,12 = 47
Kaz - 314, 1, df12,b!, cd41 = 52
Asuka - uf3, 21, 21,1+2,b! ff21 = 51
Lili - f23, df3+4,bt1+2,b! ff3~f1,2 = 55
Hwo - 33~f,1,24~2, ff3,b! ff3+4,3~4~f,b4 = 53
Ling - df1, 21, ff1+2,1+2,b! f214 = 51
Eddy - b33, 2,4,bf, 2,f3 = 46
Feng - f34,1, db1+2,b! ff43,b1+2 = 51
Lei - uf1, f1, 1+2,1, bt44,b! ff34 = 61
Lee - 4, b11~fn,2~b11~fn, f43,b! df323 = 52
Paul - f2, df11, b12,b!, d42,1+2 = 50
Law - 4,u3, 3+4, ff43,b! ff213 = 60
Steve - df121~b, flk1, f21~b, dckc ws12,b! df1+2 = 55
marduk - 2, df42,b!, df312, vtsc, ff1+2 = 55
King - f22, 1, b2,1+2b!, isw = 49
AK - uf3, ws4, d2,b! df1, gs = 49
ganryu - df1+2,1, b41,b! df412 = 56
Nina - df32~d~1~b, uf4, 1, 1+4,b! ws1, ff3 = 57
Anna - df32~df~1, f32,b! qcf21 = 54
yoshi - df1,1, d22d1,b! d221 = 50
Bryan - b21,2, b1,b! 334 = 53
Jack - 2,ff1,b! f4, b322 = 52
Kuma - 2, db12,b! b21,1+2 = 36
Roger - b4, f432,b! agf = 44
Wang - ff2, 1, df11,b! b21,1+2 = 46
Bruce - f3, f434~f1,b! 32~f1, 32~f2 = 61
baek - ff43, 433~b,b3,b! db33~f,df,3+4 = 60
Raven - ff3, 1, b1, ff3, 41,b24 = 56
drag - 41, 1, f3~df~u,f132,b! f3~df,1+2 = 54
dj - ewgf, df1+2,b! ff31~ff, 2, f3+4 = 52
leo - f2, b14~df, uf1, b2,1+2,b! df1+2,1+2,qcf2 = 56
zaf - uf1, df1, f23, scr 3+4,b! df41 = 51
miguel - df1~f, uf3, df41, df22,b! ff21 = 55
bob - db2, d23, 2, ff2,b! df1, cd2 = 54
lars - db2, db21, fb21,b! df1, db2~f, se1 = 52
alisa - b1, ws12, 1, b43,b! f414 = 55

Here's a combo video for some quick concepts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvWhzb9AJTA

extrapolate these along with the myriad of other stuff like his new ws launch and PAN 2 that are both taggable, razor rush + rage doing a boatload of damage, several new stance transitions and more. He's pretty decent now.

danmaku

Nice to see Lei is doing well in TTT2 :) he's so confusing to learn, but so fun to play at the same time. The possibility of going directly into his animal stances, without transitioning from any move, sounds great.

MightyKAC

Was on my way to a date (that I late as hell for) coming out of an electronics shop in Akihabara when lo and behold I run into the man Markman himself. Tried to say wassup to him without sounding like a total fanboy but it still came out awkward as hell. Fortunately for me it was all good because Markman was of course super cool about it.

Hey man, next time you're setting up a booth on the island let me know. I'll drop by with some Popeye's or some Taco Bell and shoot the shit with you properly next time.

Could you elaborate if possible?

4,3 no longer jails in TTT2 so your opponent can duck and punish it with a ws move. In T6 you'd have Law players going 4,3 into DSS which has a built in auto parry so If you ducked the 4,3 and tried to punish, Law doesn't get punished because of the auto parry saving his ass. Law gets a guaranteed DSS 1, f+1 after a successful parry iirc.

He also had a bunch of his jabs nerfed like 1,2 no longer jailing the opponent, 1,2,3 taking longer to recover and the 2,f+2 strings no longer being nc along with d/b+3 being unsafer on block. So I guess it kinda hurts his offensive pressure game.

Dereck

4,3 no longer jails in TTT2 so your opponent can duck and punish it with a ws move. In T6 you'd have Law players going 4,3 into DSS which has a built in auto parry so If you ducked the 4,3 and tried to punish, Law doesn't get punished because of the auto parry saving his ass. Law gets a guaranteed DSS 1, f+1 after a successful parry iirc.

He also had a bunch of his jabs nerfed like 1,2 no longer jailing the opponent, 1,2,3 taking longer to recover and the 2,f+2 strings no longer being nc along with d/b+3 being unsafer on block. So I guess it kinda hurts his offensive pressure game.
Fuck

I want to play with Forest now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Forrest is worse than Marshall Law, IMO. He can't DSS and his 4~3 doesn't jail either.

He has b+1,2,1 CH launch, but still, he needs a beefy ass TA! or ~5 afterwards to make the damage/risk worth it.

He has some cool tricks though, I guess. lol.

I was supposed to meet up with Michael Murray today but we've both been so busy :(

I'm heading back to the US tomorrow!

Get out of here with that. Been hearing the execution excuse for 10 years.

I guess Paul and Lili are basically the same in this game?

16 bit! Glad to see you here.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Was on my way to a date (that I late as hell for) coming out of an electronics shop in Akihabara when lo and behold I run into the man Markman himself. Tried to say wassup to him without sounding like a total fanboy but it still came out awkward as hell. Fortunately for me it was all good because Markman was of course super cool about it.

Hey man, next time you're setting up a booth on the island let me know. I'll drop by with some Popeye's or some Taco Bell and shoot the shit with you properly next time.

Yo! It was nice seeing you! It wasn't awkward at all, I was like... 'oh shit English' hahaha.

Hope you get into dat TEKKEN too !

AAK

Get out of here with that. Been hearing the execution excuse for 10 years.

I guess Paul and Lili are basically the same in this game?

Yes, and what's your counter to that argument?

You have to understand tiers in Tekken and VF aren't like 2D games. Even in Tekken 6, the worst characters in the game Zafina and Yoshimitsu were seen in top 8's of tournaments. It's not like in other games where you'll never see characters like Sean in 3S or Baraka in MK ever make it that far. Hell SBO just ended, and an Alisa player won that tournament, someone who in that list is bottom tier.

Mishima's were top in TTT1 and T5DR, in which BOTH games arguably had the most exciting matches in North America. And even back then how many players outside of Korea/Japan managed to use Mishima's at the top level? Name even 5.

If you're trying to discredit the game just because a tier list exists, you're in the wrong genre. You should probably play Starcraft.

AAK

And yes Paul is pretty much the same as T6. Lili has changed a little bit thanks to her new dash from f,f+3.

High? Hahah, ever since vanilla TTT2, he's just gotten crappy. I'm not complaining though, screw that auto parry.

I wish they kept the autoparry but nerfed more things. With Autoparry he was pretty exciting to watch and a fun character to play. All those setups from BT and various move made him such a deep character. Now that it's gone, he's kinda boring now.

Lol, I'm loving all the vids that come in with all the crazy rage damage. Especially the ones with solo mode characters in them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13e5o0jm70M

Love the revenge match at the end! LOL!

Dereck

Forrest is worse than Marshall Law, IMO. He can't DSS and his 4~3 doesn't jail either.

He has b+1,2,1 CH launch, but still, he needs a beefy ass TA! or ~5 afterwards to make the damage/risk worth it.

He has some cool tricks though, I guess. lol.
That's awful, lol.

Lookin forward to TTT2. I won 3 different invitations to the official Namco quarter finals in Chicago, I think, for TTT. Unfortunately I was only 17 at the time and my parents wouldn't let me go. I LOVE TTT, unfortunately the years haven't been kind thanks to MMO's and I sucked HARD at T6. Can't wait for the 11th.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks. Bringing Tag 2 to MLG Raleigh?

I've been playing T6 a little to prepare for Tag 2. Seems like Chicago might have a decent scene, some of the MK guys here are interested.

I'm glad. Yes I'll have TAG 2 at the Mad Catz booth, will you be coming through?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yes, and what's your counter to that argument?

You have to understand tiers in Tekken and VF aren't like 2D games. Even in Tekken 6, the worst characters in the game Zafina and Yoshimitsu were seen in top 8's of tournaments. It's not like in other games where you'll never see characters like Sean in 3S or Baraka in MK ever make it that far. Hell SBO just ended, and an Alisa player won that tournament, someone who in that list is bottom tier.

Mishima's were top in TTT1 and T5DR, in which BOTH games arguably had the most exciting matches in North America. And even back then how many players outside of Korea/Japan managed to use Mishima's at the top level? Name even 5.

If you're trying to discredit the game just because a tier list exists, you're in the wrong genre. You should probably play Starcraft.

I think 16 bit is just trolling. He's a seasoned tournament player for both MK and Tekken. He's played vs some of the best the US has to offer. He knows how to play.

Top Bottom