• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

GrayFoxPL

Official preorders of Tag2 in Poland are like 70-80$. They can go fuck themselves.

Waiting for good allegro(like ebay) sales 2-1 weeks before premiere.

AAK

DEATH™;40782595 said:
The girl seemed sincere at learning the game... SHe even asked for tips in the comments section... Can we help her out? :p

-------------

Also, will namco at least sell the artbook individually in the US? I'll be happy for that...

Link her to this thread ;)

Sayah

Youtube

- Tekken Zaibatsu.

And this is how tutorial videos should be done. Actually really nicely covers basics and should definitely be recommended to people that are brand new to Tekken.

No offense to the LUYG people but after 5 mins of their tutorial, I was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edit: And somebody should make a separate thread for that tutorial video, I think.

Sayah

Screenshots of DLC.

-Taken from TZ media thread.

Also, my only concern was possibly having to buy a separate online pass for another user account on the PS3 but that's not the case so all is well. One online pass serves all accounts on a single console.

Only people that will complain now will be pirates that weren't buying the game anyway, lol.

AAK

And this is how tutorial videos should be done. Actually really nicely covers basics and should definitely be recommended to people that are brand new to Tekken.

No offense to the LUYG people but after 5 mins of their tutorial, I was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edit: And somebody should make a separate thread for that tutorial video, I think.

LOL, there was some misinformation being spread around, like Yoshimitsu being Kunimitsu's boyfriend when in reality she was just his student and went rogue and now terrorizes innocents. Also, I could have done without the talk of Jinpahci's dong. I guess videos like these are cool for catching the attention of casuals, but for people that actually want to learn the game, LYUG crew destroyed this video IMO.

Also, Snoop Dogg DLC is in the same package as the DLC characters, it looks impossible for me to dodge. Let's hope I can change the tune to his stage.

Sayah

LOL, there was some misinformation being spread around, like Yoshimitsu being Kunimitsu's boyfriend when in reality she was just his student and went rogue and now terrorizes innocents. Also, I could have done without the talk of Jinpahci's dong. I guess videos like these are cool for catching the attention of casuals, but for people that actually want to learn the game, LYUG crew destroyed this video IMO.

Also, Snoop Dogg DLC is in the same package as the DLC characters, it looks impossible for me to dodge. Let's hope I can change the tune to his stage.

I didn't mind the whole Yoshi and Kuni story inaccuracy. I more so liked how it mixed in the learning experience with humor. It doesn't just have notable players telling someone how to do it. It actually has a brand new player trying out these moves simultaneously. I'd think it's more "connecting/relate-able" that way for the newcomer or casual player that's just picking up the game.

When I pick up new fighters like SFXTK or MvC3, I usually shy far away from tutorials because they don't appeal to me. But stuff like this recent tutorial is actually very entertaining to go through. I'd assume some people don't want to have to watch 20 parts of a video series or read through pages of text to absorb information and learn stuff. Rather than doing that, my preference would just be to play the actual game and learn it on my own. This is actually why I like the OP for this thread. Gifs serving as visual aids with text is a brilliant and unprecedented idea (to my knowledge). It makes the learning experience more "fun." Stuff like that (more innovative approaches) makes me want to continue reading and continue watching.

But I guess each person has their own different learning preferences. :)
Just like how I hate group study sessions and love to study on my own type of thing. :p

Just like how I hate group study sessions and love to study on my own type of thing. :p

Yea me too. When learning a new character, I find out what I like to do first, before I look and see what everyone thinks is good. That way I supplement my game with known things, not the other way around.

AAK

Thinking about taking a stab at tutorial/basics gameplay vid....

If LYUG doesn't cover it.... PLEASE do a comprehensive 30-45 minute long vid telling people how to wake up properly in Tekken with various scenario's, repercussions of waking up the wrong way, and means to wakeup properly.

Level Your Up Game? Wut? Hahah

Anyways grats with making it to ATP AAK! If you need help working out how the site works, feel free to send me a pm. :)

AAK

Level Your Up Game? Wut? Hahah

Anyways grats with making it to ATP AAK! If you need help working out how the site works, feel free to send me a pm. :)

Thanks :) Already got reprimanded by Aris for putting a link to the VF5 stream link and I got told never to do publicity for streams. LOL. But man, there's no piece of news that surfaces that I pick up before you do, LOL. I suppose my best contribution is adding the NeoGAF guide to ATP site itself.

AAK

You guys want to news battle? I can make up some news ;)

Have you seen either of these recently?

Drbcharacterphoto.jpg
miharu1.jpg

;)

oh ho ho ho. Subtle.

Can't wait for Gamescom!

---

Some Twitter updates:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/233445311593451520

Yes. and you can Online vs with your friends(Not ranked) RT@sbrunelli Harada, Combot will be playable character in the normal game modes?

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/statuses/233452263669133312

Yes of corse. and you can edit(custom). RT @keavian is "tag" the analog stick like the original???? Hope so!!!

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/TKJDCR/statuses/233530808768548864

im not on Najin anymore. time to find a new sponsor!

Uhhh.... MadCatz? What happened? :|

GrayFoxPL

So latest leak reveals Jin and Kazuya is in Playstation All Stars.

You guys buying?

I am. Should be relaxing fun between Tag 2 matches.

I might pick it up when it's cheap. As of now I have no desire for it. If only it was a 3D game. This is what I wished PSBAR was. Minus the violence.

I'm thinking of this too. I haven't gotten around to playing T6 yet, but I feel like September is not enough time for me to get onto par with pro's. So I'd rather (try to) master T6, then move to TTT2. Sorry to those who've added me. Balancing time between work, music practice, hospital visit to see uncle, gf, and games is tough for me.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm thinking of this too. I haven't gotten around to playing T6 yet, but I feel like September is not enough time for me to get onto par with pro's. So I'd rather (try to) master T6, then move to TTT2. Sorry to those who've added me. Balancing time between work, music practice, hospital visit to see uncle, gf, and games is tough for me.

Investing any time any time into T6 before Tag2 is time well spent. Don't fret too much. :)

GrayFoxPL

Watching TKD finals in Olympics. Hwoarangs and Baeks ahoy.
Awesome!

So far Bronze for
Women:
France
TPE(TaiPei?)

Gold
GBR

Men:
USA
AFG
Gold
Turkey

in different weights.

Edited.

Sayah

Yea me too. When learning a new character, I find out what I like to do first, before I look and see what everyone thinks is good. That way I supplement my game with known things, not the other way around.

^^^^
Exactly how I work.

from the PSASBRGHKDF thread

much better! Kuma all day

I don't know about this game. A Williams sister inclusion would have confirmed my purchase.

I might pick it up when it's cheap. As of now I have no desire for it. If only it was a 3D game. This is what I wished PSBAR was. Minus the violence.

....but I like that they're copying Smash Bros. -
the second best fighting franchise in the industry.

The stages just don't feel right to me in All-Stars, though. The camera needs to be more close-up. I'm taking a wait and see approach with this game.

AAK

Thanks :) Moving up in the Tekken ranks. One accomplishment. My next goal:

Get a 10 win streak against Sayah in Tag2 online! >)

Degen

Thanks :) Moving up in the Tekken ranks. One accomplishment. My next goal:

Get a 10 win streak against Sayah in Tag2 online! >)
team up with my scrub King and we'll giant-swing those williams sisters straight to mars. jaguars.

Pachimari

Love the Philippines stage.
I have to admit the tutorial with the girl is easier to take in than the LUYG videos but they're also nice.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Have they said if ttt2 has the option of turning off character customization in online matches?

Have been playing lots of t6 today and have been annoyed by terrible costumes and some accsessories that hide body language of the character before moves.

Have they said if ttt2 has the option of turning off character customization in online matches?

Have been playing lots of t6 today and have been annoyed by terrible costumes and some accsessories that hide body language of the character before moves.

So I'm not the only one.

GrayFoxPL

Looking at match videos I see Korean and Japanese players love to make clowns of own characters and screaming pink is the king. I don't get it.

I always try to make Van Dammes out of my characters, lol.

Hey Mark do you have any of the picture files from the SDT site? If you could put those back up or even Facebook any or all of them that would be very cool.

Dereck

No

Top Bottom