• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Itchy when using one too long so will always be all over the place. No need to worry.
Mokujins design is already perfect. Just bring him over.
DO IT!

They will. They must!

Think i'm gonna have to give Bruce another go. Josie just looks so strong to me. I should have given her a spin yesterday, but i didn't D=

They cut up Bruce to pieces and glued back pretty different character together with Josie imo. Lack of broken b+2, no easy picking people of the ground with d+3,4 (because of system changes), no huge wall carry loop with 3,2~F 1 into wall bound and combo for devastating damage, etc.

Yeah, she's probably way more fair. Tag2 Bruce would murder her in direct confrontation I think.

Numb

ppAPLRn.gif
u/f+2 evasion got buffed? Remember it getting nerfed in Tag 2 from 6

CSX

Just found out JDCR won VSL again.

Not only he beat Knee again in Winner's finals but then won against the Akuma player that upsetted kkokkoma in loser's final.

This dude is on fire. How amazing that one player can improve so much from vanilla to update of a tekken game lol

They cut up Bruce to pieces and glued back pretty different character together with Josie imo. Lack of broken b+2, no easy picking people of the ground with d+3,4 (because of system changes), no huge wall carry loop with 3,2~F 1 into wall bound and combo for devastating damage, etc.

Yeah, she's probably way more fair. Tag2 Bruce would murder her in direct confrontation I think.

Myeah, maybe. But her speedier less damaging toolset is a lot more appealing to me. And i like her design better too, of course.

Dereck

With that mentioned, I think part of the reason why I was mostly whatever about the Miguel announcement was because I think the console version will actually get delayed. I just don't see myself playing the game until somewhere around mid 2017. That's just my opinion though it's most likely bullocks.

I'm not concerned with how many characters or stages they announce I'm more concerned about how it's going to affect the release of the console build, they've also announced Lee and Miguel with no hints at when they are getting released. Not one date for either character IIRC.

GrayFoxPL

While we're on Miguel..

Mig now actually sounds and acts like a guy on bloody revenge road. I like that. Also he upgraded to iron knuckles to match Jin, hehe.

I liked his T6 Banderas style of voice but he didn't give any vibe that someone killed his sister, was way too laid back. In Tag2 he was like some frustrated and bored office worker.

One thing though: Every character having their T6 in-battle voice over is getting jarring now. Miguel's voice contrast just brakes the immersion even harder then Leo or Lili.

sasuke_91

With that mentioned, I think part of the reason why I was mostly whatever about the Miguel announcement was because I think the console version will actually get delayed. I just don't see myself playing the game until somewhere around mid 2017. That's just my opinion though it's most likely bullocks.

I'm not concerned with how many characters or stages they announce I'm more concerned about how it's going to affect the release of the console build, they've also announced Lee and Miguel with no hints at when they are getting released. Not one date for either character IIRC.

I don't think they would delay the console release date over characters or stages. Maybe they'll go the TTT2 or SFV route and release characters as free DLC.
I'm also a little worried because of the release date, but I think it won't be a problem. I mean... we have a somewhat finished product we're looking at. It will just need to be ported.

Miguel looks so ugly.

He used to be a 10/10 husbando. Sad.

But he has eyeliner now! :p

One thing though: Every character having their T6 in-battle voice over is getting jarring now. Miguel's voice contrast just brakes the immersion even harder then Leo or Lili.

I agree. It sounds really weird.

sasuke_91

Just found out JDCR won VSL again.

By the way, has his opinion on T7 changed or does he still not like the game? Or was it just because he was bad at it back then?

Shudy just uploaded "Jack Off" party thing.

Those taiko sounds lol

Good games SquirrelSoup. This game is on the verge of dying I guess. Lag and slowdowns were pretty extreme today. Tried to play Online before we played and started crying.
We need Tekken 7. Rather sooner than later...

GrayFoxPL

How wasteful. Just throwing away a whole piece of fruit like that after taking only a single bite.

Haha I thought the same. In my family wasting food is the biggest crime. No food goes to waste, if someone of us won't eat it, we'll feed every stray cat, dog, birds anything that breaths and is hungry.

Miguel would be so fucked if he did this in my family! The amount of clusterfuck he'd bring on his head would make his revenge look like a child's play.

sasuke_91

Good games, Sasuke. Kinda frustrated with Bruce. Think i'm doing something wrong. ;/ The lag didn't help either.
You need some time to get into the zone. You're at your best when you start mercilessly poking me to death. And I noticed you had a much bigger problem dealing with the lag than I did.
The slowdowns sometimes even helped me with EWGF execution xD

Yesterday GameSpot posted a video on YouTube and called it "Tekken 7 Pro Match"
https://youtu.be/7AwI8WMI-ug
n8nmonster vs NYCFab
Some of those comments... ugh.

Dereck

You need some time to get into the zone. You're at your best when you start mercilessly poking me to death. And I noticed you had a much bigger problem dealing with the lag than I did.
The slowdowns sometimes even helped me with EWGF execution xD

Yesterday GameSpot posted a video on YouTube and called it "Tekken 7 Pro Match"
https://youtu.be/7AwI8WMI-ug
n8nmonster vs NYCFab
Some of those comments... ugh.
Console version still looking rough I see

I'm not sure if this is recent but the EU tekken site got updated: http://eu.tekken.com/

It includes statistics for all the characters, including Lei Wulong: popularity 2% based on 4,522 popular votes ranked 28 in comparison to Jin who I believe is pretty popular with 3% based on 7,647 ranked 1st.

You can then take into account that there are characters in the T7 that lower on that list like Dragunov who is rank 35 with 3,951 votes and the newly announced Miguel who is ranked 31 with 4,313 votes.

Pretty safe to say that Grayfox is correct about low stance characters.

sasuke_91

I'm not sure if this is recent but the EU tekken site got updated: http://eu.tekken.com/

It includes statistics for all the characters, including Lei Wulong: popularity 2% based on 4,522 popular votes ranked 28 in comparison to Jin who I believe is pretty popular with 3% based on 7,647 ranked 1st.

You can then take into account that there are characters in the T7 that lower on that list like Dragunov who is rank 35 with 3,951 votes and the newly announced Miguel who is ranked 31 with 4,313 votes.

Yoo my boy Hwoarang is ranked no 1? Didn't know he was THAT popular.

What votes are these rankings based on?

ZeroX03

Banned

That popularity poll is by no means representative of actual play numbers, which Namco Bandai also has. It does not accurately reflect arcade numbers. Voting polls are a very different section of the fanbase.

The low stance theory is still the stupidest thing in the world and people need to stop legitimizing the lunacy.

Numb

Mokujin as popular as expected

Yoo my boy Hwoarang is ranked no 1? Didn't know he was THAT popular.

Are you sure its not actually a 7? lol

What votes are these rankings based on?

Honestly I have no idea.

That popularity poll is by no means representative of actual play numbers, which Namco Bandai also has. It does not accurately reflect arcade numbers. Voting polls are a very different section of the fanbase.

The low stance theory is still the stupidest thing in the world and people need to stop legitimizing the lunacy.

Yea sorry, I just saw it and thought it would be interesting to discuss. I don't mean to spread misinformation.

Sayah

Haha I thought the same. In my family wasting food is the biggest crime. No food goes to waste, if someone of us won't eat it, we'll feed every stray cat, dog, birds anything that breaths and is hungry.

Miguel would be so fucked if he did this in my family! The amount of clusterfuck he'd bring on his head would make his revenge look like a child's play.

Haha. Same in my family. We try our best not to waste any food. There are people starving in the world so I definitely hold this mindset as well.

Wow. That looks great. Now we got Lucky Chloe with her big cat paws infesting the art.

Those stats are not recent at least, i think they're from around the time Tekken Revolution was launched. Might have been used to gauge interest for which characters to add to that.

Numb

Haha. Same in my family. We try our best not to waste any food. There are people starving in the world so I definitely hold this mindset as well.

Wow. That looks great. Now we got Lucky Chloe with her big cat paws infesting the art.

There's official boxart?
Last saw black with name only and Heihachi and Akuma backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom