• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Pctx

Banned
Well, I'd say between FIFA13 and Tekken Tag 2, I'm good until Christmas.
3AQmK.gif

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
How does True Ogre compare in this compared to TTT1? He seems better overall from videos but at the same time videos don't always show the quirks.

He is definitely not better than he was in TTT1, although that is not relative really as the game is completely different from how it used to be.

He still has tools to be able to compete though, just a more risk/reward heavy character compared to his TTT1 iteration (where almost everything was safe).

I love using him, he's fun. And he can combo like crazy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why not just pirate capcom games? Capcom commits what i call reverse piracy i.e. paying money for stuff you already own on the disc.

If you dont like the games don't play them. If you want to play either borrow from a friend or fork money over.

He is definitely not better than he was in TTT1, although that is not relative really as the game is completely different from how it used to be.

He still has tools to be able to compete though, just a more risk/reward heavy character compared to his TTT1 iteration (where almost everything was safe).

I love using him, he's fun. And he can combo like crazy.

Thanks Mark, I just ment he looked better in the sense that TTT1 ogre wouldn't really be able to hang with the current cast the way the game is. I wonder if they made Ogre the safer version of him this time for balance sake.

Doomshine

How does True Ogre compare in this compared to TTT1? He seems better overall from videos but at the same time videos don't always show the quirks.

I don't think he's quite as top tier as he was in Tag 1. Pretty sure he's been on the lower end of tier lists so far.

EDIT: beaten with an iron fist.

LowParry

Ya know, I just noticed AAK put the wrong portrait of Ling Xiaoyu. Shame on you AAK!

And her name is pernounced "Shou-yu" NOT " Zou-yu" C'mon people!

Nfu0G.jpg

Teknoman

Tekken Tunes is cool and all, but who would ever want to replace Tekken music?

Hope the netcode holds up. Persona has been pretty good, and this is my next PS3 fighter.

trying to convince my brother to get this..are there any super awesome gameplay videos i can show him that he'll be like 'hell yes we need this!'??

LowParry

Tekken Tunes is cool and all, but who would ever want to replace Tekken music?

Hope the netcode holds up. Persona has been pretty good, and this is my next PS3 fighter.

Tekken music should be replaced by Tekken music. Besides. The only two stages I'll be making the changes on are the Christmas and Snoop stage.

trying to convince my brother to get this..are there any super awesome gameplay videos i can show him that he'll be like 'hell yes we need this!'??

Have him read over the OP and view the trailers.

CSX

Where's Tiger, Jun, Jin, Raven and Jinpachi in terms of tiers?

meh, meh, meh, meh, good

There was a recent Japanese tier list and the lowest letter grade it used was B. The mehs are Bs. So go ahead and use whatever you want.

Teknoman

Tekken music should be replaced by Tekken music. Besides. The only two stages I'll be making the changes on are the Christmas and Snoop stage.

Like I said in the community thread: replace it with more Tekken music!

EDIT: Beaten again!

True. I'd probably end up swapping out whatever track I dont like with stuff from the first Tag. Especially Unknown's theme...man I miss fighting to that.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

I am inserting classic Moonlit Wilderness over the new remix in the appropriate stage, at the very least.

Doomshine

meh, meh, meh, meh, good

There was a recent Japanese tier list and the lowest letter grade it used was B. The mehs are Bs. So go ahead and use whatever you want.

While it's probably what he'll end up as, we obviously don't know yet for Tiger.

As I've stated many times, we need the ability to add multiple tracks per stage and the game randomly plays a different track from the stage's playlist every time you fight on it.

LowParry

While it's probably what he'll end up as, we obviously don't know yet for Tiger.

It's probably safe to assume he's close to being Eddy tier. But man, the tier talk is interesting. I think the last I saw Japanese players were ranking characters, all the Mishimas were at the top. Return of the God Fist. Which will probably put Angel at the top since she plays similar Devil Jin however she does have some unique moves of her own.

Moofers

I am inserting classic Moonlit Wilderness over the new remix in the appropriate stage, at the very least.

Gotta give those new tracks a chance, dude. I didn't like the Snow Castle remix at first, but after giving it a few plays, I realized its way superior and actually one of the best goddamn songs ever packed into a game.

And yeah, the Xmas and Snoop stages will get their tracks swapped out for other Tekken songs. I'm thinking the Snoop stage might be a good one for the yodeling song off T6. :)

Doomshine

And yeah, the Xmas and Snoop stages will get their tracks swapped out for other Tekken songs. I'm thinking the Snoop stage might be a good one for the yodeling song off T6. :)

While we're on the subject, I've never had a straight answer for this question: can you actually change the track on the Snoop Dogg stage?

hi. i just have a question.

how can i do those special tag teams ? what bottons should be pressed ?

and please talk to me in english language. not the 1+2+2 stuff u people type lol.

on xbox :D

thanks

LowParry

and please talk to me in english language. not the 1+2+2 stuff u people type lol.

thanks

Are you talking throws? Specials between characters during combos?

Doomshine

thanks

You mean throws? It depends, the generic tag throws are right punch + tag button if I'm not mistaken. The special tag throws are different I think.

LowParry

That's the first time I heard this. Everyone called her Zou-yu from time immemorial, weird that's not how you actually pronounce it.

It's quite opposite for me. With recent games like SFxT and now TTT2, I've heard her called out as Zou-yu. I swear to god that's what the announcer says in the Tekken games and I've always gone by Shou-yu. Have I been hearing things all these years?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Gotta give those new tracks a chance, dude. I didn't like the Snow Castle remix at first, but after giving it a few plays, I realized its way superior and actually one of the best goddamn songs ever packed into a game.

I will, but I've been listening to remix of Moonlit Wilderness and unfortunately it just comes across as a messy mash-up to me.

Moonlit Wilderness TTT2

Moonlit Wilderness Tekken 5

The original is one of the most epic tracks in Tekken.

Top Bottom