• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Television Displays and Technology Thread: This is a fantasy based on OLED

KillGore

That is what eats at me and adds to my frustration, the B6 had a patch to fix this very issue! You'll be fine with a B6, there are no handshake issues anymore because of the firmware patch, just with the C6/E6 right now.

Ahh I see. Good to know. Thank you!

BumRush

That is what eats at me and adds to my frustration, the B6 had a patch to fix this very issue! You'll be fine with a B6, there are no handshake issues anymore because of the firmware patch, just with the C6/E6 right now.

That sucks, hopefully the C/E get the update soon

NYR

So I contacted LG about the handshake issue with the LG E6 and PS4 Pro and LG tells me only HDMI 1 has HDCP 2.2 support on the LG E6. Can someone confirm this? I think that is not true, I wish I was home right now to try it out.

Anakin: Hello. Can I help you with anything today?
NYR: Hi there. I have an LG E6 and a PS4 Pro. It has widespread HDMI handshake issues, the picture will be black with sound, or when it does work, the picture flickers for a few seconds and then goes away. This issue was fixed on the LG B6 OLED, when will the firmware on the LG E6 be updated to fix this issue?
NYR: This got a lot of press, and a firmware upgrade was issued for the B6 only
NYR: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc...-to-fix-ps4-pro-connection-woes/#2170271b39cd
Anakin: Hi there!
Anakin: I am sorry to know that. Rest assured, I will do my best to address all your concerns today.

Anakin: Have you tried going to safe mode for the PS4 already?
NYR: yes, I have changed the HDCP to 1.4. That works, but then I can't play 4K content, defeats the purpose
Anakin: And are you on HDMI1 for this?
NYR: HDMI3
NYR: But I have tried all of the inputs
NYR: same issue when you have it set to HDCP 2.2.
Anakin: It should be at HDMI1.
NYR: so it will only work on HDMI1? Why is that?
Anakin: We don't have the information about the update for the E6 will come yt. Sorry.
Anakin: It is the only port compatible with HDCpP

NYR: My understanding is all of the HDMI ports on the TV support HDCP 2.2
Anakin: *HDCP
Anakin: No sir

NYR: Ok, I will give that a go to see if it improves that, I have tried that previously though. Is there a firmware patch coming with the E6 like the B6?
Anakin: There's none yet for the patch sir. SOrry.

ukas

So I contacted LG about the handshake issue with the LG E6 and PS4 Pro and LG tells me only HDMI 1 has HDCP 2.2 support on the LG E6. Can someone confirm this? I think that is not true, I wish I was home right now to try it out.

NYR: Hi there. I have an LG E6 and a PS4 Pro. It has widespread HDMI handshake issues, the picture will be black with sound, or when it does work, the picture flickers for a few seconds and then goes away. This issue was fixed on the LG B6 OLED, when will the firmware on the LG E6 be updated to fix this issue?
NYR: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc...-to-fix-ps4-pro-connection-woes/#2170271b39cd
Anakin: I am sorry to know that. Rest assured, I will do my best to address all your concerns today.

NYR: yes, I have changed the HDCP to 1.4. That works, but then I can't play 4K content, defeats the purpose
Anakin: We don't have the information about the update for the E6 will come yt. Sorry.

NYR: Ok, I will give that a go to see if it improves that, I have tried that previously though. Is there a firmware patch coming with the E6 like the B6?

You don't happen to know someone who has another PS4 Pro you can use to rule out your PS4?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I don't have any issues with my Pro and I go through HDMI1.

That said, I have a 4k Onkyo Receiver between the two of them.

I don't recall any issues prior to that 4k receiver and going directly into the TV though.

That said, I pretty much only play games on the Pro, my TV apps or other devices get used for video

holygeesus

Banned
The specs for the E6 on the LG site state that all 4 are HDMI 2.0a though interestingly the spec sheets list the signature G6 only has deep colour support for HDMI 1 and 2 which strikes me as bizarre.

NYR

The specs for the E6 on the LG site state that all 4 are HDMI 2.0a though interestingly the spec sheets list the signature G6 only has deep colour support for HDMI 1 and 2 which strikes me as bizarre.
I thought the exact same thing?! It doesn't seem right it was only one. You can turn on deep color on all of the HDMI ports in the menu too. I have HDMI 3 hooked up, if it didn't work, HDR wouldn't kick in when playing. It does.

I found a screenshot from the 2015 UH7000 model and it even states HDMI 1,2,3 have deep color, I doubt a higher model in the 2016 line up would go backwards.

uh7700-config-34-medium.jpg

EDIT: Fucking found it online, the E6 says all 4 ports, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Anakin, you were the CHOSEN ONE!
DitE6CT.png

You don't happen to know someone who has another PS4 Pro you can use to rule out your PS4?
No, unfortunately I don't. Everything else works, and it works flawlessly under HDCP 1.4.

Digital Trends' picks for best of CES '17. Interesting bit regarding QLED:

Sony Bravia A1E

”I ended up picking the Sony Bravia A1E OLED as my favorite of the show," Denison said. ”First, I was excited to see Sony coming into the OLED market in addition to LG." Competition always brings prices down and stokes the fires between manufacturers. Sony's entry into the market stems competition, and consumers win when manufacturers compete, Denison said.

More: Sony chief puts spotlight on its impressive CES lineup led by stunning OLED TV

Also, Denison said, the Bravia A1E is simply a stunning TV. Even with the same display panel, processing makes a big difference, and Sony has always had the best processing.

”Sony does it the best," he said. Denison listed the features behind the Bravia's great picture, including amazing black levels, super-high brightness, and HDR that's incredible.

Sony also revised the way you get sound, replacing conventional speakers with a pair of actuators that are built into each side of the screen. The OLED panel's rigidity makes it a great sound medium.

No pricing is available yet, and no specific release date was announced. Denison expects it will be out in the spring.

LG Wallpaper TV

Denison also talked about LG's Wallpaper TV W7 series, which he said finished a close second for the Best of Show award. LG took the desire for thinner and thinner flat panels ”to the limit. They pulled the OLED panel from the casing, removed the power supply, processing chips, and everything." The result is a display that's about one-tenth-of-an-inch thick. It has a stainless steel panel structure and mounts right against the wall using magnets.

More: LG's Tim Alessi discusses Wallpaper TV, and ‘all the wonderful things OLED can do'

”It's really easy to mount yourself," Denison said. ‘There's no bezel, and all the other hardware is in a fairly sizable soundbar. It's a Dolby ATMOS soundbar with speakers pointing up, bouncing sound off the ceiling for fully immersive sound. It's got Dolby Vision HDR, HDR10, HDR everything. Ever since the flat panel came out, I think this is what people wanted."

Nibler said the LG Wallpaper TV is available for pre-order for $8,000 on Best Buy. Prices will go down by the end of the year, but it will still be an expensive premium TV.

Samsung QLED

Nibler asked about Samsung's QLED, the other big TV innovation that caught people's attention at CES, saying the internet is abuzz about it and Digital Trends' video on QLED is going off the rails.

Denison explained that two years ago, Samsung launched SUHD TV as a premium brand. This year, it announced QLED, a further development in quantum dot television panels introduced with SUHD. Samsung changed the nature of the nanocrystal semiconductors with a metallic element that increases the effective bandwidth, resulting in super brightness without washing out colors, which is a game-changer for HDR. It also improves off-axis viewing somewhat and raises black levels a bit. Denison said he'll know more after a full lab review at Digital Trends headquarters. He said gamers will love QLED, with its super-black levels and low lag times, which make it great for HDR gaming on the PlayStation PS4 Pro and Xbox One S.

Panasonic OLED

Denison mentioned that Panasonic received an honorable mention for its plans to bring an OLED display to the U.S. market. He said Panasonic, like Sony, always has great processing and is well-beloved by Hollywood. That will make for a total of three OLED manufacturers — Panasonic, Sony, and LG — after LG has been the only one for years. Denison acknowledged that many people love LED/LCD, and it's not going away soon. OLED will remain the premium display.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/sony-lg-samsung-tv-tech-ces-2017/

Theonik

A good TV is a good TV no reason to fight. Unless your favourite TV is a Sony ZD9. Then you have earned it. Go you!

NYR

I thought the exact same thing?! It doesn't seem right it was only one. You can turn on deep color on all of the HDMI ports in the menu too. I have HDMI 3 hooked up, if it didn't work, HDR wouldn't kick in when playing. It does.

EDIT: Fucking found it online, the E6 says all 4 ports, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Anakin, you were the CHOSEN ONE!
DitE6CT.png

No, unfortunately I don't. Everything else works, and it works flawlessly under HDCP 1.4.
tumblr_o7le4l3han1u08jado2_250.gif

Mother fucker was right. Holy shit. Anakin, my homey. Just tried HDMI 1 on my LG E6 with my new monoprice HDMI certified cable and....it worked. It fucking worked. Just watched my first Blu Ray on my PS4 Pro with no issues, flickering, loss of picture, nothing.

Only one test case, but holy crap, shocked right now.

BumRush

tumblr_o7le4l3han1u08jado2_250.gif

Mother fucker was right. Holy shit. Anakin, my homey. Just tried HDMI 1 on my LG E6 with my new monoprice HDMI certified cable and....it worked. It fucking worked. Just watched my first Blu Ray on my PS4 Pro with no issues, flickering, loss of picture, nothing.

Only one test case, but holy crap, shocked right now.

Crazy, but glad you're up and running!

NYR

Must be a crapshoot. I use PS4 Pro on HDMI 3 with deep color on and have had no issues on my E6.
Yeah, really makes no sense. I'm going to keep testing, it is only one test so far. Don't be surprised if I post another swear loaded post if it was just a fluke.

MrJames

oMvcgmJ.png

I had the Phillips UHD player hooked up to HDMI 1 so I know that works.

My only issue is the occasional HDMI handshake issue where I get no signal when starting up a device. I have to reboot the player/console to get it working. I also have a Harmony so I need to look into the timing adjustments of turn on and input switching to see if I can get it straightened out.

III-V

oMvcgmJ.png

I had the Phillips UHD player hooked up to HDMI 1 so I know that works.

My only issue is the occasional HDMI handshake issue where I get no signal when starting up a device. I have to reboot the player/console to get it working. I also have a Harmony so I need to look into the timing adjustments of turn on and input switching to see if I can get it straightened out.

Is this going into an AVR, otherwise that is quite odd given the response from the phone tech

MrJames

Is this going into an AVR, otherwise that is quite odd given the response from the phone tech

Straight into the TV with optical back to the AVR. The G6 is limited to HDMI 1 and 2 for deep color so that may be where the confusion comes from.

Wait. This is getting more and more confusing. I hear if you turn on the TruMotion settings on the OLED B6, it causes extra input lag for gaming? Most people say just leave it off. Why wouldn't you want to turn it on during gaming? Wouldn't it make the frame rate smoother like most other LED TV's? I happen to like the soap opera effect and it makes game's frame rates feel better to me.

NYR

Wait. This is getting more and more confusing. I hear if you turn on the TruMotion settings on the OLED B6, it causes extra input lag for gaming? Most people say just leave it off. Why wouldn't you want to turn it on during gaming? Wouldn't it make the frame rate smoother like most other LED TV's? I happen to like the soap opera effect and it makes game's frame rates feel better to me.
Turning on any form of extra image processing = more time to process image = increase in lag, however minuscule

You should turn off everything in general.

I get what you're saying - turning it on interpolates frames which makes it "look" smoother, kind of like watching gaming on YouTube. There are consequences for those additional frames being added, though, especially since they are "fake".

Samsung has so many quality control issues I would not buy from them again. Plus they had a weird demo stage setup. One model to view the new and improved viewing angles and they wouldn't let people get close to models of the QLED. Some people had commented that these self proclaimed amazing black levels really couldn't be accessed without a proper home like setup since the floor is a mess of lighting conditions. I also hate that Samsung is trying to pass off that which is just LED as rebranding it QLED panels. I recommend cautious optimism. Until we get a reputable site to really dig its teeth in it's all marketing. Panasonic's OLED's look great but since Panasonic doesn't care about its game mode latency is pretty much a pass for me. Sony's OLED looks great but I'm really indifferent about the stand it uses.

Overall I think LG's new panels looks great but the pricing is so high. I hope LG at least patches in those HDR modes to the 2016 OLEDs.

NYR

Samsung has so many quality control issues I would not buy from them again. Plus they had a weird demo stage setup. One model to view the new and improved viewing angles and they wouldn't let people get close to models of the QLED. Some people had commented that these self proclaimed amazing black levels really couldn't be accessed without a proper home like setup since the floor is a mess of lighting conditions. I also hate that Samsung is trying to pass off that which is just LED as rebranding it QLED panels. I recommend cautious optimism. Until we get a reputable site to really dig its teeth in it's all marketing. Panasonic's OLED's look great but since Panasonic doesn't care about its game mode latency is pretty much a pass for me. Sony's OLED looks great but I'm really indifferent about the stand it uses.

Overall I think LG's new panels looks great but the pricing is so high. I hope LG at least patches in those HDR modes to the 2016 OLEDs.
HLG is supposedly being patched into the 2016 OLEDs.

TLZ

Banned
I've got a C6 as well. You probably have the incorrect RGB range setup while calibrating using the Xbox One, which is leading you to crank brightness way up to try to fix crushed blacks.

Hmm.. Don't know if it had anything to do with breaking in, but I had to lower it back to 50 2 days ago. Weird :/

I've stopped posting in the KS8000 thread because people didn't take too kindly to me sharing my bad experience with Samsung.com and EPP. It took 4 weeks of constant calling and complaining before I got my return shipping label. 2 weeks after Fedex picked up my defective TV I finally got my refund.

After looking in more detail at the different TVs out there I decided on getting the 55C6P and I couldn't be happier.

Welcome to the C6 club! :D

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but RTINGS put up a viewing angle article: http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/viewing-angle

All hail C6 :p

Can you guys please post your game settings for your LG OLEDs (E6, B6, E6)? I'm playing BF1 and it feels a bit off compared to my old Sony LCD. The soldiers look dark and I'm finding it difficult to distinguish them from the background.

Mine now is:

Picture Game mode and icon changed to Game
OLED brightness 70 daytime / 60 night time
Contrast 89
Brightness 50
Sharpness 10
Colour 54
Color temp W20-25
Gamma medium
Black level low (make sure this is limited on your PS4/ Standard on your Xbox)
Everything else off.

Keep in mind I think we are stupidly locked into wide gamut in game mode. If you don't mind a little extra lag, try ISF mode and change color gamut to normal.

dragos495

Bought the B6 55" for 1500. No ragrets. Can't wait to get it.

Best 4K movies?

a few movies you are not allowed to miss are:

-the revenant uhd hdr
-warcraft uhd hdr
-life of pi uhd hdr
-mad max fury road uhd hdr

other movies that look good but not AS impressive are:

-xmen apocalypse
-star trek beyond
-suicide squad
-batman vs superman

i own all these and watched them on a 65" c6 played on a one s.

KillGore

So my dad also wants to buy a B6 and I have a question. He loves the soap opera effect some televisions have. Does the B6 have the same feature, if you turn on all image processing? Or not?

TLZ

Banned
I signed up for Amazon Prime video but I can't find 4k or HDR movies. I played Man in the high castle but it doesn't say HDR anywhere? It just says HD 1080p.

Kyoufu

I signed up for Amazon Prime video but I can't find 4k or HDR movies. I played Man in the high castle but it doesn't say HDR anywhere? It just says HD 1080p.

In the UHD section.

Also welcome to one of the worst apps/interfaces.

NYR

So my dad also wants to buy a B6 and I have a question. He loves the soap opera effect some televisions have. Does the B6 have the same feature, if you turn on all image processing? Or not?

Yeah, it is called Tru Motion on LG TVs.

If you guys aren't aware, Walmart is clearing out their in-store inventory of older TVs right now. I ended up biting on a Sony KDL60W610B, a 60" equivalent of the W630B which is a 1080P 120Hz panel, 23ms input lag in 1080p according to reviews. This was a floor model that ended up being $300 (+$30 for extended warranty) out the door, and using discover price match there's a chance of it becoming $199. Also found a 60" Vizio (D60-D3) sold by Target that could potentially be price matched to $154, among other deals.

I was a little hesitant about buying into OLED at this point, and with this purchase I'm definitely good for another few years while they figure everything out and 4K becomes more standard. If you're like me and mostly just wanted a bigger (not necessarily better) display it may be worth taking a look.

Wow. Tempting. I'm in somewhat of the same boat. Mainly I just want a much bigger display (want 65", current have 46") and am not too awful fussed about 4K or HDR just yet, though they would certainly be nice. But I have a plasma and I'm sort of afraid that if I go to something other than OLED I won't be satisfied. Please give us impressions later!

So I couldn't get in the action of Black Friday 4k tv madness (I wanted the Samsung KU6300 but it was out of stock everywhere in Puerto Rico). I'm still bitter about it all so in my quest to find a decent 4k TV I went to Sam's (I know, I know! but options are pretty limited in Puerto Rico. it's either Sam's, Wal-Mart or Sears if you don't want to travel 2 hours to the closest Costco) and found a 60 inch Vizio M60-D1 for 798 which sounds very tempting for the price (800 is my maximum).

Now my question is shall I wait a couple more weeks for the Super Bowl weekend (where I can try my luck on specials and try my local CGEX store which should have a bunch of specials and no tax) or just buy it now and be done with it? Is that Vizio comparable with the Samsung KU6300?

J-P

Neo Member

Try The Grand Tour. 4K and HDR. The picture is insane. Looks 3 dimensional.

KillGore

So I couldn't get in the action of Black Friday 4k tv madness (I wanted the Samsung KU6300 but it was out of stock everywhere in Puerto Rico). I'm still bitter about it all so in my quest to find a decent 4k TV I went to Sam's (I know, I know! but options are pretty limited in Puerto Rico. it's either Sam's, Wal-Mart or Sears if you don't want to travel 2 hours to the closest Costco) and found a 60 inch Vizio M60-D1 for 798 which sounds very tempting for the price (800 is my maximum).

Now my question is shall I wait a couple more weeks for the Super Bowl weekend (where I can try my luck on specials and try my local CGEX store which should have a bunch of specials and no tax) or just buy it now and be done with it? Is that Vizio comparable with the Samsung KU6300?

Can't really say what you should do but I'm in the same boat as you. Did you try checking Best Buy? It's basically the only place here in Puerto Rico where they price match USA prices, so most of the time, the prices you see at bestbuy.com are the ones you'll find in the stores. I went to Sears here in Mayaguez and they have the 55 inch B6 in $3,500 while the one in San Juan at $4,000. Went to Sams but they didnt have 2016 OLED tvs. They seem to be one year behind everyone else. I'm still not sure if I should wait for superbowl weekend or just get it with my citi credit card and get a price rewind if it goes down in price, just hesitating a bit because I've never used that feature.

Edit: anyways to make my point short, always check bestbuy.com before buying any tv anywhere, just so you can compare.

Can't really say what you should do but I'm in the same boat as you. Did you try checking Best Buy? It's basically the only place here in Puerto Rico where they price match USA prices, so most of the time, the prices you see at bestbuy.com are the ones you'll find in the stores. I went to Sears here in Mayaguez and they have the 55 inch B6 in $3,500 while the one in San Juan at $4,000. Went to Sams but they didnt have 2016 OLED tvs. They seem to be one year behind everyone else. I'm still not sure if I should wait for superbowl weekend or just get it with my citi credit card and get a price rewind if it goes down in price, just hesitating a bit because I've never used that feature.

Edit: anyways to make my point short, always check bestbuy.com before buying any tv anywhere, just so you can compare.
I didn't knew that Best Buy price matched their USA website prices. That's weird considering that their online shopping experience in Puerto Rico is horrendous! I don't know why they don't open a BB or a Costco in Mayaguez but I guess the economy in this side of the island is so screwed up that they won't even bother with it.

KillGore

I didn't knew that Best Buy price matched their USA website prices. That's weird considering that their online shopping experience in Puerto Rico is horrendous! I don't know why they don't open a BB or a Costco in Mayaguez but I guess the economy in this side of the island is so screwed up that they won't even bother with it.

I didn't know either but in November the LG B6 was $1,800 on Best Buy (and other retailers in the US) so I decided to pay them a visit and sure enough, it was the same price. Checked the Samsung KS8000 and it was the same as well. Then I asked an employee and he told me that yes, most of the tv prices are the same. Definitely worth checking before you decide to buy. A simple phone call would be enough.

It doesnt make much sense to me. They don't even have one in Ponce, which is weird.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
I've been using my E6 for a couple days now. So far I loaded up a couple games, watched an HDR UHD movie, some of the streaming live channels available on the TV, and some cartoons.

I loaded up First Light on the PS4 for a couple minutes, it looked good, but without a side by side I really couldn't identify what HDR effects I was supposed to be seeing. I know it was functioning because the TV informed me that it was as the game loaded up.

After that I watched The Revenant. The whole movie looked great except for some banding on a single, few second, scene. That was one scene out of a 2 and a half hour movie. Is it something that may be indicative of other issues, or just meh it happens?

I loaded up an episode of One Piece and a couple of Family Guy. I noticed that there was very subtle artifacting on character's mouths when they talk, though I'm wondering if that was just a byproduct of streaming. A couple scenes in Family Guy had some very subtle lines like banding on a character or two instead of solid skin colors.

The TV has an almost unnoticeable forward lean to it. It leans forward a degree or two on the stand, and if I tug backwards on the screen it will stand perfectly upright, until I let it go again. I tightened the stand as far as it will go, and it's not a deal breaker, but it is ever so slightly noticeable when you are trying to.

Any of these things to worry about, or just minor issues that are typical?

Also, I tried the simulated 3D effect on an episode of Family Guy, and it was pretty damn good. I mean, I know that they say that the effect is more or less about 70% accurate depending on content, but it was a solid 90ish% on that episode of Family Guy. I suppose with simpler, less detailed, cartoons it's easier to fake 3D for, cause there is far less guesswork.

Yukstin

After that I watched The Revenant. The whole movie looked great except for some banding on a single, few second, scene. That was one scene out of a 2 and a half hour movie. Is it something that may be indicative of other issues, or just meh it happens?

I loaded up an episode of One Piece and a couple of Family Guy. I noticed that there was very subtle artifacting on character's mouths when they talk, though I'm wondering if that was just a byproduct of streaming. A couple scenes in Family Guy had some very subtle lines like banding on a character or two instead of solid skin colors.

The TV will get better with any banding issues as you use it the first 100 hours or so. It will run the comp cycle when you turn it off. My picture improved after just regular use.

Artifacting is most likely an issue with the true motion settings. You may want to fiddle with levers if you have the user setting engaged. If you aren't using true motion, it's most likely a compression issue from streaming. I would be more worried if you had artifacting on a UHD disc.

holygeesus

Banned
Banding is pretty much impossible to diagnose through normal use, as you may be seeing the after effects of temporary IR or it could even be present in the source - I'v watched a few films that just have bands because of the cheap/faulty cameras used - watch Coherence and you will think your set is faulty.

The best way to judge for sure, is leave your set on for at least 4 hours, then turn off and leave it off for half hour - this will allow the compensation cycle to run and clear up IR. Then try checking some grey slides to see if they are still present.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I've been using my E6 for a couple days now. So far I loaded up a couple games, watched an HDR UHD movie, some of the streaming live channels available on the TV, and some cartoons.

I loaded up First Light on the PS4 for a couple minutes, it looked good, but without a side by side I really couldn't identify what HDR effects I was supposed to be seeing. I know it was functioning because the TV informed me that it was as the game loaded up.

The TV has an almost unnoticeable forward lean to it. It leans forward a degree or two on the stand, and if I tug backwards on the screen it will stand perfectly upright, until I let it go again. I tightened the stand as far as it will go, and it's not a deal breaker, but it is ever so slightly noticeable when you are trying to.

Any of these things to worry about, or just minor issues that are typical?

Also, I tried the simulated 3D effect on an episode of Family Guy, and it was pretty damn good. I mean, I know that they say that the effect is more or less about 70% accurate depending on content, but it was a solid 90ish% on that episode of Family Guy. I suppose with simpler, less detailed, cartoons it's easier to fake 3D for, cause there is far less guesswork.

sounds like you have a good set

J-Rzez

Not surprised to see the Sony win. From people at the show, to those who were in the closed room demo, they all pretty much said the same thing. I'm expecting it's processing, especially for motion, to be the better performer. I can say my X830 handles motion better than my EF9500, and I can still see motion issues in the 16 LGs.

So. Will LG address these rough motion issues this year? Will the Sony suffer from the lately usually higher input lag? And what is pricing going to look like for all?

A little disappointing they don't call out samsung here. "They're brighter." Yeah, no shit. That's what samsung does. And that's why when you go to a Best Buy within two months of when the new model year samsungs are out they have edge bleed, filament burn, and you get significant light bleed. I don't even think their sets are aesthetically pleasing anymore.

It's straight up obvious why they started using "QLED" like they did with "LED" which is to confuse the consumer, making a bulletpoint from nothing. They don't have OLED which has become a staple in anyone's vocab who is into better PQ, and now it's not just LG, but also Sony in the US who has been gaining momentum again with them. So samsung has to have that to confuse people.

I didn't know either but in November the LG B6 was $1,800 on Best Buy (and other retailers in the US) so I decided to pay them a visit and sure enough, it was the same price. Checked the Samsung KS8000 and it was the same as well. Then I asked an employee and he told me that yes, most of the tv prices are the same. Definitely worth checking before you decide to buy. A simple phone call would be enough.

It doesnt make much sense to me. They don't even have one in Ponce, which is weird.
Thanks for the info. I might head to Bayamón during the weekend to scour Best Buy and Costco to see what's up. I'll let you know if I see something worth the trip.

KillGore

Thanks for the info. I might head to Bayamón during the weekend to scour Best Buy and Costco to see what's up. I'll let you know if I see something worth the trip.

No problem. I was just talking to my wife and was thinking of actually going to Best Buy in Bayamon this Saturday. Think I'm just going to buy the 55 inch tv and leave it sealed until superbowl weekend. If the 65 inch gets a major price drop (below $2,600), I'll exchange it for that. Can't spend $3,000 right now. If no price drop, I'll open it.

Top Bottom