• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

spekkeh

Banned
Notice this as well. It only gets bad when you see "loading" on screen, but gets smooth after that. And yeah. Wolf Among Us episode 1 on PS3 runs just like the first season of Walking Dead, not very well.
Hmm seems to be the other way around on 360. TWD ran fine, TWAU had some stuttering, but nothing bad, but TWD season 2 ep 1 had atrocious jank.

JC Lately

From the US PS Blog:

+ Laura Perusco on December 21st, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Good news for those who’ve been waiting for The Walking Dead: Season Two Season Pass to appear on the PlayStation Network in North America! Though later than anticipated due to complications with the Season Pass being a separate submission to the standalone episode, we’re pleased to confirm that the Season Pass will be available from Tuesday, December 24th.

As a special thank you to those who purchased Episode 1 early AND those who’ve been waiting for the Season Pass before playing the premiere, the Season Pass (which includes Episodes 1-5) will have a special introductory price of just $14.99 USD or equivalent until January 7th.

Played through this today and while I enjoyed it, I didn't get much enjoyment out of it either. I just didn't find it very compelling. It had some great moments, but it feels kind of hollow this time around. We'll have to see where the other four episodes go.

Leeness

From the US PS Blog:

Good news for those who’ve been waiting for The Walking Dead: Season Two Season Pass to appear on the PlayStation Network in North America! Though later than anticipated due to complications with the Season Pass being a separate submission to the standalone episode, we’re pleased to confirm that the Season Pass will be available from Tuesday, December 24th.

As a special thank you to those who purchased Episode 1 early AND those who’ve been waiting for the Season Pass before playing the premiere, the Season Pass (which includes Episodes 1-5) will have a special introductory price of just $14.99 USD or equivalent until January 7th.

GOOD. I will get the season pass then.

theytookourjobz

Played through this today and while I enjoyed it, I didn't get much enjoyment out of it either. I just didn't find it very compelling. It had some great moments, but it feels kind of hollow this time around. We'll have to see where the other four episodes go.

Wot.

Also, I know I'm probably late to the party on this one but fuck if I'm buying this up front again like I did season 1. I'll probably pick up the season pass once episode 4 comes out but Telltale tested my patience enough with season 1 and TWAU is even worse.

From the US PS Blog:

Thank you based TTG. Getting episodes 1-5 for 15 bucks is sweet.

Yesssssss.

I was a bit surprised the Season Pass didn't go up at the same time as Episode 1.

I can't get enough of the stuff TTG puts out. I really like that style of adventure game, and it hasn't been done very much outside of PC games. And even then, not recently.

spekkeh

Banned
It was especially bad when Achievements popped up. Will have to see how it runs when I replay it.
Yep, same here. Maybe I should just turn off achievements again. I don't really like them anyway.

In any case, I liked the episode, especially that it was so grim. But it's really veering into too little player agency. Too often it felt like you were just pushing on to continue. It's a thin line TT is straddling, and in this case I felt they were on the wrong side of it. With The Wolf Among Us at least you were constantly trying to solve the puzzle of whodunnit. Even though in reality the game is strictly linear. With the randomness of TWD that's decidedly less the case.

NewGame

Banned
Ah, thanks!

So how long will it be until we get Episode 2? Are they doing monthly or bi-monthly releases?

Knowing Telltale, as long as they want! I dunno what makes these games take so long, they're extremely simple systems, the only thing I can imagine taking a while would be the voice acting (which has been great for the series thus far) and making the animations which from what I've seen aren't captured but are animated manually which would take a while.

Hilti92

When does the VITA version release? Just beat season 1 and found it great. Looked for season 2 and nothing came up.

Malreyn

wait we need season passes now?

I think they meant you buy the whole season for 1 price rather than buy 1 episode for a fee, and then buy the rest of the episodes for another fee.

My brother got pissed when he bought the Wolf Amoung Us on PSN when they only offered episode one, and then 3 days later they offered the season pass package, which would have been cheaper than episode 1 + 2,3,4,5

Chairhome

Apologies if its been asked before, but avoiding going through the thread for spoilers. How do you know if your previous saves have been found for the game? Will "my choices" be unlocked? I just started playing and will go through the hassle of moving my save files around (PC) if I need to.

Apologies if its been asked before, but avoiding going through the thread for spoilers. How do you know if your previous saves have been found for the game? Will "my choices" be unlocked? I just started playing and will go through the hassle of moving my save files around (PC) if I need to.

When you start a new game it will recognize your previous save files and let you choose which one to use. If the game starts up without it prompting you to pick a save then it's not reading your save files from the first game.

clip

Is the season 1 soundtrack available for download anywhere? I know it came with the GOTY edition, but I can't find it.

AngryMoth

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot already, but I've got a new ipad in between seasons, do I have any options for transferring my season 1 save? If not how much do those choices impact this first episode? It feels wrong starting with random choices.

raindoc

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot already, but I've got a new ipad in between seasons, do I have any options for transferring my season 1 save? If not how much do those choices impact this first episode? It feels wrong starting with random choices.
Same here - maybe iExplorer (for mac & pc) would help?
I'll simply play through S1 again, at least twice (with "Rick and Shane versions" of Lee).

Any way to create a WD season 1 save file/ save state for pc version?

Any way to transfer 360 season 1 choices to XBOX 1 season 2 version?

Haunted

Didn't they say they consider their presentation of decisions a failure if the audience isn't split somewhere close to 50/50 on them? First episode had most decisions be very clear-cut, like 80%+ on some.

First episode was pretty good. Excellent cliffhanger preview. I also rescind my statement from after Season 1 where I wanted them to go with an all-new cast. The potential for continuity and throwbacks was just too juicy to pass up. :D

fallout

Didn't they say they consider their presentation of decisions a failure if the audience isn't split somewhere close to 50/50 on them? First episode had most decisions be very clear-cut, like 80%+ on some.
At first, yes. I then heard Jake and/or Sean talking about how they stopped worrying about it, as trying to force decisions which would result in a 50/50 split was potentially detrimental to the story.

ref

Anyone know for PC if there's a way to force AA via NVIDIA Inpsector?

Tried using the Season One settings but they don't seem to be working for Season 2.

edit: NVM, the AA bits (0x204002C1) seem to work!

jem0208

I just bought the Season pass but I can't figure out how to download the full first episode. Do I need to purchase the first episode as well?

Probably won't, they might save Episode 7 for the first week of March or so. I hope this means they've got their release schedule worked out.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Anybody played this on iOS? I don't think it's using my Season 1 save, but I dunno how to know that for certain.
On PC it asks you to link to your S1's save, so it's easier to notice that than watching the recap and seeing if the choices you've made actually match.

tl;dr

How do you know, beside watching the recap, that iOS Season 2 is using your s1 save?

Just watched Season 2 Ep.1 and holy shit! That was great. So much that it leaves open and I'm already liking a lot of the characters. That ending.......Just speculation but
Who do you think the person that Clementine said "I thought you were dead?" I know a lot of people are thinking Christa but I'm actually thinking that's what they want and then MEGATON:Kenny.

AWESOME EPISODE!

FluxWaveZ

Just watched Season 2 Ep.1 and holy shit! That was great. So much that it leaves open and I'm already liking a lot of the characters. That ending.......Just speculation but
Who do you think the person that Clementine said "I thought you were dead?" I know a lot of people are thinking Christa but I'm actually thinking that's what they want and then MEGATON:Kenny.

AWESOME EPISODE!

You're watching the episodes instead of playing them?

FluxWaveZ

Well I played the first season but dont have the money for Season 2 right now :) Trust me I want to play the games. I'm play the Wolf Among Us right now.

Alright. Can't imagine having to watch someone play through a game like this without being able to decide what to do myself.

eLGee

AWESOME EPISODE!

I'm pretty sure it's
Kenny.

Clunker

Finally played through episode 1 today - I bought the season pass around Christmas but honestly haven't had a 90-minute block I uninterrupted time until today to go through it in one go. I liked it overall, but:

Jesus fuck with the scene with the dog. Seeing him impaled like that was fucked up beyond belief. I don't know what it says about me that violence against animals hurts and shocks me more than violence against humans, but I'm a major dog person. Hell, I was literally playing the episode as my two dogs were stretched out over my legs in my lap. :'( The scene with the dog skeleton and laying the dead boy to rest from Ep 4 of Season 1 got me the same way. It felt a little like I was being emotionally manipulated ... But it worked. :( :( :(

Top Bottom