• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

Finally played through episode 1 today - I bought the season pass around Christmas but honestly haven't had a 90-minute block I uninterrupted time until today to go through it in one go. I liked it overall, but:

Jesus fuck with the scene with the dog. Seeing him impaled like that was fucked up beyond belief. I don't know what it says about me that violence against animals hurts and shocks me more than violence against humans, but I'm a major dog person. Hell, I was literally playing the episode as my two dogs were stretched out over my legs in my lap. :'( The scene with the dog skeleton and laying the dead boy to rest from Ep 4 of Season 1 got me the same way. It felt a little like I was being emotionally manipulated ... But it worked. :( :( :(

Yes it did. I actually cried.

Jeels

Finally played through episode 1 today - I bought the season pass around Christmas but honestly haven't had a 90-minute block I uninterrupted time until today to go through it in one go. I liked it overall, but:

Jesus fuck with the scene with the dog. Seeing him impaled like that was fucked up beyond belief. I don't know what it says about me that violence against animals hurts and shocks me more than violence against humans, but I'm a major dog person. Hell, I was literally playing the episode as my two dogs were stretched out over my legs in my lap. :'( The scene with the dog skeleton and laying the dead boy to rest from Ep 4 of Season 1 got me the same way. It felt a little like I was being emotionally manipulated ... But it worked. :( :( :(

Ya, I'm not a dog person but it still made me think of my cat.

400 Days question:
Was the woman at the end, Kativa, the black woman from Season 2 Ep.1 who cheated on her husband? I dont think so but I wasnt sure.

Just watched Season 2 Ep.1 and holy shit! That was great. So much that it leaves open and I'm already liking a lot of the characters. That ending.......Just speculation but
Who do you think the person that Clementine said "I thought you were dead?" I know a lot of people are thinking Christa but I'm actually thinking that's what they want and then MEGATON:Kenny.

AWESOME EPISODE!

Personally
I don't believe anyone would ever think that it's Christa. If they were to hype up that preview scene so much, then how could it not me someone crazy like Kenny or Lilly, it just makes no sense. Those are my guesses by the way, Kenny or Lilly, I hope it's Kenny cause he's my favorite character aside from Omid :'( but Lilly seems to be just as possible. I'm also interested in Lilly being the guy cause while she is a bitch, I would like to see how it would go.

Manu

Just finished it... wow. Pretty much on the same opinion as everyone, great start to the season, hyped for the rest of the episodes.

I love what they did to Clem. She sounds more mature, but also more tired and jaded, which is only logical after enduring this shit for so long.

Also, did anyone else notice a little reference to TLoU? When Clem is
searching the corpses
, there's a pallet laying there by the river, if you look at it she says "what is this doing here?"

CloudWolf

but Lilly seems to be just as possible. I'm also interested in Lilly being the guy cause while she is a bitch, I would like to see how it would go.
Why would Clementine think Lily is dead? Sure, in both possible cases Lily was left on her own, but that's in no way a guarantee for death (as Clementine herself showed).

Why would Clementine think Lily is dead? Sure, in both possible cases Lily was left on her own, but that's in no way a guarantee for death (as Clementine herself showed).

Leaving someone on the side of the road would be considered a guaranteed death to pretty much everyone's eyes during the zombie apocalypse.
Though I do agree with you partially because whether actually leaving Lilly behind or not is a good twist to the argument because the fact that Clem thinking Lilly's dead makes no since when she just leaves with the RV.

Roto13

If you leave her on the side of the road it makes sense that Clem would think she died. She was surrounded by zombies in the middle of nowhere at night and the odds were against her. But if she stole the RV, the line doesn't really work, since there's not really any reason to think she's any more dead than anyone else she hasn't seen in a while.

MNC

If you leave her on the side of the road it makes sense that Clem would think she died. She was surrounded by zombies in the middle of nowhere at night and the odds were against her. But if she stole the RV, the line doesn't really work, since there's not really any reason to think she's any more dead than anyone else she hasn't seen in a while.

Maybe it's a tailored line depending on your decision in S1.
Who am I kidding though. Ofcourse it isn't.

Finally played Ep1 today. Good stuff. Didn't time it but it felt shorter than usual.

Only 30% saved nick?? Odd, i thought he would have been the obvious choice to save since Pete got bitten. Kinda feel like playing it over now.

Roto13

Finally played Ep1 today. Good stuff. Didn't time it but it felt shorter than usual.

Only 30% saved nick?? Odd, i thought he would have been the obvious choice to save since Pete got bitten. Kinda feel like playing it over now.

Pete knows that you can amputate a limb to stop a bite so he's not necessarily a lost cause. I didn't remember that in the moment and ended up saving Nick but I wish I had picked Pete.

chadskin

Telltale posted a new picture of Episode 2 on Twitter:

BgpDwh6CQAAUdcO.jpg:large

Can't waaiiiit!!!

Telltale posted a new screenshot on facebook and I thought it was interesting what it said above the pic.

"there's STILL TIME to check out The Walking Dead '400 Days' DLC for Season One before the series continues... Don't miss it!"

I underlined the key area. I might be getting my hopes up but that 400 days DLC might show its face in the next episode!!! I really hope it does!!!! :D

What do you think??

Telltale posted a new screenshot on facebook and I thought it was interesting what it said above the pic.

"there's STILL TIME to check out The Walking Dead '400 Days' DLC for Season One before the series continues... Don't miss it!"

I underlined the key area. I might be getting my hopes up but that 400 days DLC might show its face in the next episode!!! I really hope it does!!!! :D

What do you think??

Hell, I'd need to replay that 400 Days DLC to remember anything or anyone in it. Played it last summer after I got it but can barely remember what happened in it or what my choices were.

raindoc

What do you think??

They recently also replied to a tweet that asked whether or not one should have played 400D before starting Season 2, suggesting to play it before Ep 2.

Cudder

How much longer do we have to wait for chapter 2? I pretty much forgot what happened/who the characters are from the first chapter. :\

I really can't understand everyone claiming they were seriously disturbed (to the point of tears) about
the dog
in the same episode that
Omid dies, Christa is shown to have lost her baby and Clementine stitches her own arm up. The dog was awful and I don't regret leaving it to die

I really can't understand everyone claiming they were seriously disturbed (to the point of tears) about
the dog
in the same episode that
Omid dies, Christa is shown to have lost her baby and Clementine stitches her own arm up. The dog was awful and I don't regret leaving it to die

The dog's death is just super detailed, and his cries just sound super fucked. It kinda makes animal lovers immediately forgive him for attacking

Omid
was a shitty annoying character with a bad voice actor that I thought we had left behind. I was disappointed he was even in the episode when it started to begin with.

phoenixyz

the dog
in the same episode that
I totally agree. Couldn't understand that either.
Human beings you connected with are worth more (emotionally) than some random dog who attacked you literally seconds before imo

raindoc

this week Ep2 was still in development, according to a staff member over on their website. we'll get this thing in march.

That'll be a four-month delay between episodes as well. And this time they didn't have any "issues", like they did with The Wolf Among Us. God, TellTale are really in over their heads, aren't they?

JustinBB7

Trailer next week as well.

Edit: Early march release confirmed by Telltale on facebook.

Telltale Games
NEW SCREEN from The Walking Dead: The Game Season Two Episode 2 'A House Divided' sees Luke and Clem plotting their next move...

Stay tuned next week for an all-new trailer ahead of the episode release in early March!

Sora_N

There's the PS+ sale on the season pass this week, $10.89.

Does it matter if I already bought the first episode?

I was against buying the season pass since it takes so long for episodes to come out (i waited for each ep for S1) but it's a pretty decent deal.

Roto13

There's the PS+ sale on the season pass this week, $10.89.

Does it matter if I already bought the first episode?

What do you mean, exactly? You won't be, like, penalized for already owning the first episode if you decide to buy the pass. :p

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 2 spoilers

Disappointed that Kenny isn't Carver, either he is out or he is a follower which doesn't sound right to me.
Carver does look cool though.

FluxWaveZ

Just in case people don't want to watch the trailer, i know I wouldn't like it.

Oh wow, I had no idea that a new trailer was out. Just watched it.

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing that Carver wasn't a codename for someone we had encountered previously. Don't recall if he's the one who was supposed to be hinted at at the end of episode 1, though.

Hubble

Big fan of the series. I just wish they released the episodes sooner because you do forget things except for major events but definitely the plot.

I wish they would complete the whole season first, and then release them in episodes perhaps once a week, so you can follow the plot more closely.

And yeah, please add more puzzles into the game and not just choice making.

Top Bottom