• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

my client download is frozen...is that because of servers being down as well?

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Some screenshots of my character in the starting zone. Click image for the bigger version:

cool character dude..man i can't wait to play..dem graphix o_O

Izayoi

Banned
I really wish there was a definite method for getting rid of that watermark.

Seems like sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't.

Also was taking tons of screenshots last night but apparently FRAPS stopped working so I got one, and it was a bad one. Oh well.

bigboss370 said:
my client download is frozen...is that because of servers being down as well?
It's a possibility. How close are you to being done?

Izayoi said:
I really wish there was a definite method for getting rid of that watermark.

Seems like sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't.

Also was taking tons of screenshots last night but apparently FRAPS stopped working so I got one, and it was a bad one. Oh well.

It's a possibility. How close are you to being done?

90%, its stuck at 20308/22368 :(

Seriously, guys, post your hardware, settings, and frame rate so some of us can get an idea of what to expect. Try to get the frame rate for when there are a lot of enemies on screen.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm getting weird framerate problems with my setup. I have:

AMD Phenom II 1090t@ 4 ghz
Nvidia GTX 480@ 825/1650/2100
12 gigs RAM

And the game drops into the 20's often.

Izayoi

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Seriously, guys, post your hardware, settings, and frame rate so some of us can get an idea of what to expect. Try to get the frame rate for when there are a lot of enemies on screen.
Radeon 4890
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13GHz
6GB RAM

I usually get 60FPS during normal gameplay. When there are dozens (yes, there are times where there are dozens) of enemies on screen at once my framerate drops to the low twenties, high teens. One particular instance, with probably about 50 or 60 enemies, dropped my framerate into the single digits.

Ferrio said:
Half naked lolis, tera gets even creepier.

it appeals to all audiences lol :p ...plus, i wouldn't really call that half naked.

maybe this:

tera_2010-02-16_17-37-44-28.jpg

:p

still stuck at 90% :(

Izayoi

Banned
Ferrio said:
Half naked lolis, tera gets even creepier.
They're taller than regular adult humans, dude. Player character humans are apparently some sort of super-breed that are twice as tall. Look in the OP and you can see that they're almost as tall as the Castanic females. One of seven races in the game.

Cow Mengde said:

AMD Phenom X6 1090T @ 3.4
Sapphire Vapor-X Raedon HD 5870 2GB
4GB RAM

CCC 11.2

I get about 60-70FPS but it does dip to 30-35 often around enemies. I tried 8X AA forced yesterday with super sampling and got about 30-40 FPS out in the field with lots of enemies around with lows in the 20s.

I'm ready to buy my account, but I'm curious, did any of you guys use your real name and personal information? Can't I just spoof all that, as long as I give a real phone number they can call to verify, it won't matter right? I'm paying with Paypal, so they don't need my credit card number either. I don't trust these guys as far as I can throw them, I just want my account and then never hear from them again.

I'm assuming we are all on Mystel, that's the "unofficial official" English-speaking players server that the various Tera fansites seem to have settled on.

Patching process is incredibly slow right now, their servers must be slammed by everybody patching the game. They probably should consider using a Bittorrent-based patch system, like what WoW and FFXIV use.

Unknown Soldier said:
I'm ready to buy my account, but I'm curious, did any of you guys use your real name and personal information? Can't I just spoof all that, as long as I give a real phone number they can call to verify, it won't matter right? I'm paying with Paypal, so they don't need my credit card number either. I don't trust these guys as far as I can throw them, I just want my account and then never hear from them again.

I'm assuming we are all on Mystel, that's the "unofficial official" English-speaking players server that the various Tera fansites seem to have settled on.

Patching process is incredibly slow right now, their servers must be slammed by everybody patching the game. They probably should consider using a Bittorrent-based patch system, like what WoW and FFXIV use.

i just checked the box that says i dont want to create a profile, then gave a fake-ish name and fake-ish address. real phone number though. no problems. so ya u can fake name and address, just give ur real phone numb. i love that they use paypal otherwise i prob wouldn't have bought anything.

It doesn't really matter.. I used my google voice number for the phone call, too.. so they don't have any un-controlled contact information except my mailing address.. I doubt they are going to fill my mailbox with letters from china.

Robobandit said:
It doesn't really matter.. I used my google voice number for the phone call, too.. so they don't have any un-controlled contact information except my mailing address.. I doubt they are going to fill my mailbox with letters from china.

Google Voice, huh? Well, that was easy, I just got myself a Google Voice phone number and attached it to my phone, which is a Droid X. Google continues to increase it's grip over my entire existence, but now I can use a fake phone number instead of my real one, which I can change at any time! Thanks for the tip!

vivin

Decided to jump aboard and give this game ago. Patching now through official launcher (7% yus) Im such a sucker for trying out new mmo's :(

LowParry

bigboss370 said:
why? i got a cute sounding lady, and they seem shy too :p

It's more of my info getting out. A lot of loops to hop through just to play. I'll keep an eye on the thread for now. Hoping to see some vids.

Izayoi

Banned
Zeal said:
god i hate the female popori model so damn much. it's like a pedo's dream.
Who cares? Nobody is forcing you to play one. There are seven races in the game.

Unknown Soldier said:
Goddammit, is there a way to hide your real address when doing a Paypal transaction which doesn't involve shipping a physical item?
Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately.

bigboss370 said:
i paid for a 30 day timecard, what happens now? do they send it to my email, do they call me, do i have to contact them?
If you don't get it right away just contact customer service. On the timecard page they have a link to guide on how to use it. You'll get a two-part code I think so you want to use the last drop-down box option instead of the third one, if I remember correctly.

CcrooK said:
It's more of my info getting out. A lot of loops to hop through just to play. I'll keep an eye on the thread for now. Hoping to see some vids.
Arveene recording us three-manning some instance bosses. He'll have them up soonish, I think.

Izayoi said:
If you don't get it right away just contact customer service. On the timecard page they have a link to guide on how to use it. You'll get a two-part code I think so you want to use the last drop-down box option instead of the third one, if I remember correctly.

u sure its the last option? cuz the guide says "If the time card number you have is all-digital need you to choose the third prepaid phone way.However, if the terminal of the time card number is monogram need you to choose the last prepaid phone way."

i got a two part code each with numbers then letters at the end. so do i do third or last option? >_>

just waiting for my patching to finish, then i'll add the timecard and im ready to play :D

edit: it was weird when i contacted them they sent me the code but told me to use a verified paypal accnt next time or they wont deal with me. i did use a verified paypal accnt :(

Izayoi

Banned
bigboss370 said:
u sure its the last option? cuz the guide says "If the time card number you have is all-digital need you to choose the third prepaid phone way.However, if the terminal of the time card number is monogram need you to choose the last prepaid phone way."

i got a two part code each with numbers then letters at the end. so do i do third or last option? >_>

just waiting for my patching to finish, then i'll add the timecard and im ready to play :D

edit: it was weird when i contacted them they sent me the code but told me to use a verified paypal accnt next time or they wont deal with me. i did use a verified paypal accnt :(
You have a two part code so pick the option that gives you two fields.

Well, I took a chance on these RMTs. I got my phone call, a guy who barely spoke English asked me if I ordered Tera, I said yes, he said goodbye and hung up, and then I got my email and confirmation. I'm just waiting for them to email me my account information and time card now.

Unknown Soldier said:
Well, I took a chance on these RMTs. I got my phone call, a guy who barely spoke English asked me if I ordered Tera, I said yes, he said goodbye and hung
That made me laugh for some reason lol

vivin

Unknown Soldier said:
Well, I took a chance on these RMTs. I got my phone call, a guy who barely spoke English asked me if I ordered Tera, I said yes, he said goodbye and hung up, and then I got my email and confirmation. I'm just waiting for them to email me my account information and time card now.

Pretty much the exact thing happened to me. Guy hung up halfway through me asking "so, do I just reply to the email?" heh. Also, check your junk box, the 2nd email was flagged for junk on my hotmail

SUCCESS! Password/email changed (thank you for excellent guide), 30 days time card added to account, game patched, now patching GameGuard. If GG doesn't screw me, it should let me launch this game!

I should probably add an SLI profile manually since it probably doesn't have one. I'll just try out one of the generic Unreal Engine 3 profiles and see if it works.

I wonder if GameGuard will disable my Logitech G13, back in the days of C-Aion and the open betas, which all used it, my G13 would be turned off when the game was running because of GG.

edit: GAME LAUNCH SUCCESS!

Hobs

Neo Member
Here is the link to a complete list of the crystals.

Just run it through google translate to see which one you want. These are incredibly useful, it actually makes a difference.

Here is some guide that someone made up, looks useful.

Okay, for anybody else using Nvidia cards, this game works fine if you use the default UE3 SLI and AA profiles. You can force AA, and SLI does seem to function, though I'm not sure what kind of speedup the game gives with SLI enabled.

Open the Nvidia Control Panel first and create a custom profile for Tera.exe. You'll see the control panel already populates the SLI field as Nvidia Recommended (SLI), you don't need to touch that! You can force the AA settings you want, I used 16xQ AA for starters, force Anisotropic filtering to 16x as well. Now quit Nvidia Control Panel. You'll need Nvidia Inspector for the next step, open up that tool, click on the icon to the right of the driver version listing in the middle of the window to open up the game profile tool. Open the Profiles drop box on the upper left. Scroll down to the Tera entry you just created, you will now put the value 0x080100C5 into the Antialiasing Compatibility field. Check to make sure the SLI compatibility bits field is populated with 0x02400005, the Nvidia Control Panel should have detected the game and populated this field automatically. If it doesn't because you're using an older driver set, put that in yourself. Now hit Apply Changes on the upper right of the box, close Nvidia Inspector, and you're all set for forced AA and SLI compatibility in Tera Online!

Nvidia Inspector: http://www.geeks3d.com/20110305/nvidia-inspector-1-9-5-5-available/

edit: How do you take screenshots without the UI?

Hmmm.. I think I will jump in. Time to dust off my Korean ;)

But I am afraid I might roll a female char and just stare at her ass the whole time.

ZiZ

any news on censoring on the US version?

was Aion censored? I kinda remember the armor in the game looking a bit less revealing than in some screenshots, but then again maybe it's just the high level armor.

Izayoi

Banned
GhostRidah said:
Whats the highest damage class in the game? from the descriptions it seems like it is Sorcerers.
Sorcerers

Berserkers
Archers
Slayers

Priests
Warriors

Mystics

Lancers

i'm finally in...this game is gorgeous O_O

gonna play with character creation now then go to bed..will prob join rest of you guys on the weekend

how necessary is it to change account details?

Izayoi

Banned
bigboss370 said:
i'm finally in...this game is gorgeous O_O

gonna play with character creation now then go to bed..will prob join rest of you guys on the weekend

how necessary is it to change account details?
Not necessary, but recommended.

Top Bottom