• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

2vumzp4.png

33l37dk.png

jersoc

signed up, i have no idea what the person was trying to say lol. but i think it just confirmed that i did in fact order it?

jersoc

Yeah, I just got the email. That's what it sounded like she said. She was very quite and I could only hear every other word.

Izayoi said:
Sorcerers

Berserkers
Archers
Slayers

Priests
Warriors

Mystics

Lancers

Hmmmm, I rolled a Warrior devilchick. I hope this class is useful for something besides looking pretty and waving 2 swords around. I thought about rolling Slayer but I tend to hate the fragile melee classes where death is always a missed dodge away, see Aion's Assassin for further information.

This game doesn't really have that weird Western sensibility where everything has to look drab and brown and vaguely realistically proportioned because the developers feel guilty or something. Everyone has huge boobs, every time you run your character shows you her pantsu, every weapon is as big as the wielder, and every attack looks like it can dismember your opponent. I like it. :3

tera2.jpg

Hobs

Neo Member
Had a good session tonight, we now have two groups that can do the first instance and 5 man quests. Actually, two half groups I guess.

I have both a lancer and a priest to help future groups too :)

Guys go read up on those links I posted on crystals too, that shit is important. I kept getting stomped by the bosses because I ran so slow without my speed crystals, every little bit counts.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This is the best MMO of this style that I have played in quite some time. It is just fun to fight and walk around, taking in the sights.

4tera5ni7.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
Hmmmm, I rolled a Warrior devilchick. I hope this class is useful for something besides looking pretty and waving 2 swords around.

This game doesn't really have that weird Western sensibility where everything has to look drab and brown and vaguely realistically proportioned because the developers feel guilty or something. Everyone has huge boobs, every time you run your character shows you her pantsu, every weapon is as big as the wielder, and every attack looks like it can dismember your opponent. I like it. :3
Yup. It's great, and it only gets better.

Warriors are great, they're evasion tanks. You get a very fast in-combat run speed and can run circles around enemies.

I love how each class plays so differently from the others. Honestly I don't think I'll be able to go back to traditional MMOs.

tera2011-04-0622-40-152xuo.png

tera2011-04-0623-06-46lyhj.png

tera2011-04-0623-08-19jxl5.png

tera2011-04-0623-08-545a0v.png

tera2011-04-0623-49-56ra96.png

tera2011-04-0700-04-55yz2d.png

tera2011-04-0700-05-39szqr.png

tera2011-04-0700-46-16bzwu.png

tera2011-04-0700-51-15ozjp.png

tera2011-04-0701-15-03n99n.png

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
O god yall are both popori's lol

That new zooooooone O.O and i thought you were going to sleep?

Hobs

Neo Member
Wow the areas get prettier and prettier, if you guys wait up we will have a full 5 man team coming along.

Izayoi

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
O god yall are both popori's lol

That new zooooooone O.O and i thought you were going to sleep?
I am, working on my homework. Then an hour nap, probably. Then school. Ugh.

Hobs said:
Wow the areas get prettier and prettier, if you guys wait up we will have a full 5 man team coming along.
We won't be leveling all today because I have school. Next instance is level 27, so yeah.

Hobs

Neo Member
BtkMY.jpg

This screenshot does not do the game any justice of how good looking it is. It looks so nice in motion.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Does it come to Europe? After Vindictus debacle (FUCK YOU NEXON) I'm not so sure anymore.

Kyoufu said:
Awesome. I want to try this.

Is there an English patch?

There was in OBT, then the creator of the (Google-translated) English patch got a DMCA notice and that was the end of that. Retail can only be played in moonspeak, but if you've ever played WoW, any WoW clone, Aion, or Rift, you will know your way around the UI in roughly 5 minutes of diddling around. I was buying skills, selling inventory junk, equipping new gear, chaining combos, and generally looking to the Koreans I ran past like I knew exactly what the hell I was doing in less than an hour.

Kyoufu

Unknown Soldier said:
There was in OBT, then the creator of the (Google-translated) English patch got a DMCA notice and that was the end of that. Retail can only be played in moonspeak, but if you've ever played WoW, any WoW clone, Aion, or Rift, you will know your way around the UI in roughly 5 minutes of diddling around. I was buying skills, selling inventory junk, equipping new gear, chaining combos, and generally looking to the Koreans I ran past like I knew exactly what the hell I was doing in less than an hour.

Sounds good. Awaiting a PM :3

I need to meet up with you guys tonight.

I've got a few characters now..

Cira - lv 4 amani warrior

Pai - Lv 2 popori Priest

Mei - Lv1 Castanic Berserker

Tanuki - lv 4 Elin sorcerer

Currently only Cira is in the GAF guild.. I'd like to get Tanuki in at least, but all of them if there's room.

I'll be on again tonight for at least 4-5 hours. I'm still in the nub zone if anyone wants to team up. These are my chars so far:

Meruru - Level 9 (i think) Elin Slayer
Hikaru - Level 8 Elin Lancer

I haven't been able to play as much as I like this week due to work but I am going to binge on the game this weekend. I want to hit level 30 at least ... on both chars. :D

Coverly

The Mystic is a really nice class.

For health you don't heal directly but create these huge orange balls that anyone can pick up and it heals them over time. You could easily drop them around the battlefield and have people randomly pick them up when they need health. You get a summon pet at lvl 4 and don't know if it's helpful but at least it's something. The aoe spells are a lot of fun to cast, but that's probably because of the weak group mobs that fall by just looking at them.

It's really great that people have translated most of the spells already, so besides experimentation you can see in detail what the spells do.

Izayoi

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Sounds good. Awaiting a PM :3
Sent.

Robobandit said:
Currently only Cira is in the GAF guild.. I'd like to get Tanuki in at least, but all of them if there's room.
There is room for all characters, just be sure to let me know if it's an alt whenever I'm on if you notice that it isn't already marked as so (hit g to check).

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
I haven't been able to play as much as I like this week due to work but I am going to binge on the game this weekend. I want to hit level 30 at least ... on both chars. :D
That's ambitious.

DoctorWho said:
I think I might want to try this out.
It's a lot of fun. I don't want to pass judgement too early but I know that I can say it's the most fun I've had with an MMO in years.

So, is it easy to get into the Beta for this?

I'm sorry, the OP is a bit of a slow load at work so I can't search there for answers.

Kyoufu said:
Why lucky?
i rather the shy women than the awkward guy.

I thought I would start downloading this a hour ago, still haven't received any account info since the call and the reply email ugh.

Izayoi

Banned
DoctorWho said:
So, is it easy to get into the Beta for this?

I'm sorry, the OP is a bit of a slow load at work so I can't search there for answers.
Ehh, I wouldn't say easy at this point. You've got to either get lucky with a contest or post a shitload on the official forums. Later this year it should be easier to get in, though.

GhostRidah said:
i rather the shy women than the awkward guy.

I thought I would start downloading this a hour ago, still haven't received any account info since the call and the reply email ugh.
Talk to customer service. Your order number is in your Paypal receipt. The should send you an email right away. Also make sure it didn't end up in your junk folder.

Izayoi said:
Ehh, I wouldn't say easy at this point. You've got to either get lucky with a contest or post a shitload on the official forums. Later this year it should be easier to get in, though.

Talk to customer service. Your order number is in your Paypal receipt. The should send you an email right away. Also make sure it didn't end up in your junk folder.

Cool. I'll keep a look out.

Izayoi

Banned
GhostRidah said:
Think it will be safe to change account info while downloading the client from their site? Do not want to screw it up.
I don't think it will screw anything up, but it's probably better to be safe and wait.

Haint

Sorry if this has been covered, but have they said when this is getting a NA/English release? I'm have to buy this if only to run around gawking and the graphics and environments, it's bananas.

Izayoi

Banned
Reallink said:
Sorry if this has been covered, but have they said when this is getting a NA/English release? I'm have to buy this if only to run around gawking and the graphics and environments, it's bananas.
TBA 2011

Kyoufu

If someone here doesn't want to go through that shitty chinese site for an account then PM me, I'll sell mine for the price I bought it for.

Kyoufu said:
If someone here doesn't want to go through that shitty chinese site for an account then PM me, I'll sell mine for the price I bought it for.
Cant get through the tutorial? If you need help we can help as best we can.

Damn you Izayoi!!!! Your making the wait for this game much harder on me. I was fine until you made this thread. :( The game looks stunning.

Kyoufu

GhostRidah said:
Cant get through the tutorial? If you need help we can help as best we can.

Got through the tutorial, the download speed is too slow for my level of patience these days.

Izayoi

Banned
StickSoldier said:
Damn you Izayoi!!!! Your making the wait for this game much harder on me. I was fine until you made this thread. :( The game looks stunning.
I live to make you hurt.

Kyoufu said:
Got through the tutorial, the download speed is too slow for my level of patience these days.
Haha, sorry about that. Such is the way things work with this stuff. I guess I've been desensitized to it over the years but yeah, they're pretty damn slow.

Kyoufu said:
Yea I thought I would be playing tonight, looks like tomorrow night, but that is usually how it goes with oversea games. Just leave it on overnight for two nights and your set.

LowParry

I'm helping Kyoufu out by getting his account so I'll have my long d/l to go through and join up with everyone. Probably going to try out a Mystic :D

Kyoufu said:

Bummer :/

It was terrible for me too so I caved and got an account with Hotfile for $9 so I could download the client from there with unlimited bandwidth and downloads. I think Unknown Soldier said there is a torrent available. That should be much faster...

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Bummer :/

It was terrible for me too so I caved and got an account with Hotfile for $9 so I could download the client from there with unlimited bandwidth and downloads. I think Unknown Soldier said there is a torrent available. That should be much faster...

I just got the download started with the official downloader.. and once the directory was created, I copied the files from the open beta client I downloaded from pirate bay on top of the official files and deleted the incomplete files.

Then ran the patcher again. The update to retail from Open Beta was pretty quick..

mintylurb

_tetsuo_ said:
This is the best MMO of this style that I have played in quite some time. It is just fun to fight and walk around, taking in the sights.

4tera5ni7.jpg
That looks butter.

Since neither shuri nor tre are excited for this one, it's bound to be fun/good. I hope it gets localized quickly.

Top Bottom