• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

i feel like such a noob. i haven't really gotten into any MMOs in the past so finding my way around the UI is difficult.

btw is there a way to hold your weapon without pressing the attack button?

Hobs

Neo Member
I just whipped up a quick enchantment guide. Most of this is guesswork so I could be totally wrong :)

Some equipment cannot be enchanted, I'm not quite sure why.

Ht1Xx.jpg

Another small one about crystals.

BKvvU.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
Note about the enchanting, you buy the Enchant Salts at a General Goods vendor. They're marked by an item sack on your N overlay map while in towns.

wwm0nkey

Since this game runs on UE3, do you think a modern day laptop would be able to run this on low settings? Wondering because some of my friends want to buy this when it hits America.

ShdwDrake said:
Breasts are healthier to look at.
This is true :lol

wwm0nkey

Robobandit said:
How modern a laptop are we talking?

If it has an Intel gpu, it's not going to end well for being playable.
Like he just got a new Dell last week kind of new.

I will have to go over there and see what GPU it has.

Izayoi

Banned
Here's an explanation of item tool-tips. Note that only items of the same Enchant Tier (not Enchant Level) can be enchanted together. Enchant Level just shows how strong the Enchantment is.

untitledr9gb.png

This is a General Goods vendor located in the capital city.

tera2011-04-0712-54-02r9nq.png

And a pretty screenshot just because.

tera2011-04-0712-03-3989uc.png

vivin

Patch is at 90% done, left it going overnight. I guess I'll see you guys in game in a couple of hours :p
Still undecided what class to choose, they all look like fun

Hobs

Neo Member
Here is a link to the glyphs you can start using at level 25.

Also, here is the link for a translated page of the crystal page I posted earlier. You should use this in conjunction with it.

LowParry

Got about over an hour left on my d/l. Big big thanks to Kyoufu. And I'm going loli race cause the wife said they're cute. fml.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
WTF? You can be a Panda?! Or that big hulking dude?! Or...well, Boobs McThongBoobs?

This needs to hit the US so I can inject it into my veins.

so if i were to get a korean account and then lets say it finally hits in the US. would i be able to use the same account on the US client?

LowParry

Broadbandito said:
so if i were to get a korean account and then lets say it finally hits in the US. would i be able to use the same account on the US client?

My plan is to just use up the 30 days then wait till the US version comes out.

vivin

so, the game is all patched, when I go to launch, a pink/purple box appears with two boxes to tick? I assume im supposed to tick them?

LowParry

Alright, so I've got the client d/l through a torrent though I'm not really sure where to go from here. I use the Start Game option (after logging) on the main page and I get some message and the launcher stops.

Edit:

Here's a screenshot:
v2znr8.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
vivin said:
so, the game is all patched, when I go to launch, a pink/purple box appears with two boxes to tick? I assume im supposed to tick them?
Dark purple (left box). You're just agreeing that you're over 18.

CcrooK said:
Alright, so I've got the client d/l through a torrent though I'm not really sure where to go from here. I use the Start Game option (after logging) on the main page and I get some message and the launcher stops.

Edit:

Here's a screenshot:
http://i55.tinypic.com/v2znr8.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You need to hit the bottom right button, below the big orange play button, to verify your files.

Also, new guild members, be sure to hit the B button to bring up the guild roster. The guild message contains the Vent info. Join us!

LowParry

Izayoi said:
You might've been right, actually.

Did you apply a timecard yet, Ccrook?

I don't believe so. I got the info from Kyoufu but don't know the specifics if he applied the timecard yet. I'd assume no though.

Edit: Where do I find to apply the time?

Izayoi

Banned
CcrooK said:
I don't believe so. I got the info from Kyoufu but don't know the specifics if he applied the timecard yet. I'd assume no though.

Edit: Where do I find to apply the time?
One second and I'll post a guide.

Okay.

First go to tera.hangame.com and then login. After you do, click on the highlighted link.

G6L7t.jpg

Next scroll down and check the highlighted box.

VGdOP.jpg

Select from the drop-down menu the bottom option (I think). The third option only gives you one field, I believe. If you need two fields select the bottom one (a two-part code).

Rhob8.jpg

If for some reason you don't get two fields with either option, then select the highlighted button.

qjJQu.jpg

Check the highlighted check box.

Ls2mQ.jpg

Agreed to the terms of service.

fferj.jpg

Enter your code and check the highlighted checkbox.

mc0gn.jpg

Click the highlighted box to verify your code, then hit the okay button at the bottom of the page.

gNhys.jpg

That's it, hit the checkbox to confirm.

6GBZL.jpg

You should be able to log in now.

LowParry

Ah okay, got that done and applied. I still get that error or whatever. The one thing I ran into as a skip step was that TERA Invoker file. The torrent I got it from has it as a .zip file. Maybe that's the issue. Any way of getting the file?

Izayoi

Banned
CcrooK said:
Ah okay, got that done and applied. I still get that error or whatever. The one thing I ran into as a skip step was that TERA Invoker file. The torrent I got it from has it as a .zip file. Maybe that's the issue. Any way of getting the file?
Sure is. Insayne hosted it on his site.

http://www.insayne.net/tera/

You just need the Invoker, the rest is there if you feel like using his little application for automatically logging in.

LowParry

Alright. Success and verifying files. :D

Edit: And now patching. lol - well I was going to play some CoD so I'll log in later. We have any night owl players that can invite to the guild?

vivin

alright, finally fumbled into game, now I'm sorta confused with almost everything XD tried messaging Yin, but no response?

Izayoi

Banned
CcrooK said:
Alright. Success and verifying files. :D

Edit: And now patching. lol - well I was going to play some CoD so I'll log in later. We have any night owl players that can invite to the guild?
All of the officers and myself.

Yin
Arveene
Sobos

vivin said:
alright, finally fumbled into game, now I'm sorta confused with almost everything XD tried messaging Yin, but no response?
You sure you're on the right server? Send it again.

/w Yin messagehere

bigboss370 said:
im going to be playing later on tonight, any other nocturnals plan on playing? in Eastern time zone
Lots of us on late at night.

vivin

I'm not on atm, I quit the game for lunch, now its re downloading files again?
When I typed in /w Yin "message" it filled in a bunch of Korean characters as well, dont know if that had anything to do with it.. I'll try again once I get back on

Edit: ok, this is kinda annoying....game has to download around 60megs worth of files every time I run the launcher, anyone else having the same issue?

Izayoi

Banned
vivin said:
I'm not on atm, I quit the game for lunch, now its re downloading files again?
When I typed in /w Yin "message" it filled in a bunch of Korean characters as well, dont know if that had anything to do with it.. I'll try again once I get back on

Edit: ok, this is kinda annoying....game has to download around 60megs worth of files every time I run the launcher, anyone else having the same issue?
After you patch verify the files.

That should fix your problem.

Also no need for quotes on the message, that might have caused a problem.

sillik

Banned
Rated W for weaboo.

An MMO full of furries, lolis and upskirts. but it also has big swords. What more could a basement dweller ask for :lol

Vivin,

It's normal for it to fill in Korean characters when it recognizes that you're sending a private message to another player.

got my lancer to level 8 having a lot of fun.. definitely not out of quests yet..

I am really enjoying the game.. especially now that I figured out a combo with my lancer.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
sillik said:
Rated W for weaboo.

An MMO full of furries, lolis and upskirts. but it also has big swords. What more could a basement dweller ask for :lol

You really came in to the thread to waste a post and risk membership with a blatant troll? Really?

sillik said:
Rated W for weaboo.

Junior doesn't know that when Juniors get banned, their bans are permanent. Time to learn.

If anybody can read Korean, this might be useful:
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=2591&l=424

A player summarizes all the problems currently in K-Tera. Oddly enough, his complaints sound a lot like the complaints Western players have with MMOGs too. I guess the things people don't like are universal and transcend culture, language, and other barriers. He also complains a lot about Warriors and what they're supposed to be doing, especially compared to Lancers. I wonder if I should keep playing a Warrior. Well, I might as well for a bit longer until I think it sucks, then I can roll a Panda.

vivin

Izayoi said:
After you patch verify the files.

That should fix your problem.

Also no need for quotes on the message, that might have caused a problem.

game still wants to update some files, even after I verify..oh well, got in game and had a blast on my Slayer :)

and yeah, I wasn't trying to whisper using quotes, I guess you weren't online when I first tried to send a message, cheers for the invite ^^

after about 1hour of confusion, the game finally clicked for me, cant wait to try out some grouping

Izayoi

Banned
Arveene took some nice screens and passed them along to me.

Enraged mobs look awesome.

tera2011-04-0719-34-295be9.png

Dem fucking instances.

tera2011-04-0801-29-35fllh.png

tera2011-04-0801-30-36dyl8.png

tera2011-04-0801-31-00g9fk.png

Enemy design is so good.

tera2011-04-0805-26-56dx24.png

Sorry about the Vent awkwardness, Max. You dropped in right when we were in the middle of an instance. I felt really bad about not being able to talk a lot. Tomorrow is just casual questing so drop by and we can chat more.

vivin

ok, first day ingame was a lot of fun. Spent a couple hours and finally got off the first island.

only took 2 screens

Me just starting out, first sight I see :)

tera01.jpg

and my first steps into town, thanks to the help of KawaiiNanodesu ^^

tera02j.jpg

The magic horsey ride is really an impressive ride.

Leaving Nub Island:
tera3.jpg

This game doesn't have a Loading screen. It has a FUCKAWESOME PORTAL SCREEN:
tera4.jpg

Remember the first time you started Oblivion? Remember the city flyover opening cinematic? Now imagine it being rendered in real-time by Unreal Engine 3:
tera5.jpg

Yes, this is the game's first main city. You fly into it and land on the game's version of a helipad, though it's actually a flying magic horsey pad.

V_Arnold

Augemitbutter said:
yes, most of them have lost their sense of reality years ago. i remember getting flak for laughing at the worthless DLC mount. i don't even want to know how bad the game is nowadays, it was already disgusting years ago.

Well, this kind of comment has 0,1% amount of "sense" in it, so... your point is?

Top Bottom