• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

Coverly said:
How about Tues and Thursdays 6pm-9pm pacific? It's early enough that people in the east coast can join.

Had a lot of fun yesterday with you guys. I logged on for what I thought would be an hr and 8 hrs later we were still running around.

Sunday was a lot of fun and we probably could have made it to the instance if our quests didn't get out of sync. I think we are pretty pro at taking down those elites now though.

Those times would probably work for me (and Reiko) during the week and we can do solo questing on other days. I can't speak to any scheduled time on the weekend but definitely have a lot more time to play then.

I'm thinking I might retire.

my time will be up on may 5th.. and I have portal and portal 2 as well as mortal kombat to play, so I think I'm going to hang it up until NA launch.

It's been fun guys.

I hope I'll see most of you in NA retail.

LowParry

Yeah, I'm pretty much finished as well. I'm extremely impressed by this game and will be going in full with the NA release. I got other games to play now but I look forward to playing with GAF! (Unless Bioware does something to amaze me. Heh.)

Ichabod

Banned
After seeing all the pretty screen shots and praise you guys have been giving this, I'll definitely be joining everyone upon the NA release as well. About 95% sure I'm going to roll a Sorcerer. Glass canons ftw.

Izayoi

Banned
Robobandit said:
I'm thinking I might retire.
CcrooK said:
Yeah, I'm pretty much finished as well. I'm extremely impressed by this game and will be going in full with the NA release. I got other games to play now but I look forward to playing with GAF! (Unless Bioware does something to amaze me. Heh.)
Sad to see you guys go. :( I don't know about everyone else but Arveene, Hobs, and I will at least be sitting there at launch ready to play, so I hope to see you guys then.

A small batch of new screenshots.

volturnus

Banned
The art direction is quite impressive. Judging by the info it's going to be better than Rift, so I guess I'll try it at launch.
When is it coming out?

Izayoi

Banned
Robobandit said:
I'll definitely be there at NA launch.

I just wish they'd hurry up and announce something :(
Aye. Probably won't be for another month or so until we hear anything about future betas, unfortunately.

volturnus said:
The art direction is quite impressive. Judging by the info it's going to be better than Rift, so I guess I'll try it at launch.
When is it coming out?
TBA 2011 in North America. It's looking like it might get pushed into 2012, though.

I'm going to avoid the betas for this game... I played CN Aion for a month until I got a Chanter to lv 31.. then I played in all of the beta events after I got in.. and my interest died at lv 28 in retail because the grind felt so overwhelming after all of the playing I had done..

i'm not going to let that happen with Tera.

Izayoi

Banned
Robobandit said:
I'm going to avoid the betas for this game... I played CN Aion for a month until I got a Chanter to lv 31.. then I played in all of the beta events after I got in.. and my interest died at lv 28 in retail because the grind felt so overwhelming after all of the playing I had done..

i'm not going to let that happen with Tera.
There's no grind in TERA, though.

Unless you're talking about doing the same content more than once, which should also be less of an issue because of the combat system.

Ichabod

Banned
Izayoi said:
TBA 2011 in North America. It's looking like it might get pushed into 2012, though.

Braveheart2.gif

Izayoi

Banned
Ichabod said:
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff428/IchabodGAF/Gifs/Braveheart2.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
It's probably for the better. Apparently the translation was pretty sloppy. I would prefer that En Masse delay it for as long as they like if it means getting things right.

Izayoi said:
There's no grind in TERA, though.

Unless you're talking about doing the same content more than once, which should also be less of an issue because of the combat system.

Repeating content is definitely an issue.. it's why I didn't fully level any of my alts.. only one other one got off of the newbie island.

I worry about the feeling of grind if i play through the same levels again too many times.

To me, Aion didn't feel like a grind until it hit me at lv 28 in NA retail.

I got to lv 30 in CN Aion and I had fun the whole way.. progress in Tera is a lot faster, but I find it increasingly hard to get into and enjoy mmorpgs these days, so I just want to be extra careful that I don't ruin it for myself.

Izayoi

Banned
Robobandit said:
Repeating content is definitely an issue.. it's why I didn't fully level any of my alts.. only one other one got off of the newbie island.

I worry about the feeling of grind if i play through the same levels again too many times.

To me, Aion didn't feel like a grind until it hit me at lv 28 in NA retail.

I got to lv 30 in CN Aion and I had fun the whole way.. progress in Tera is a lot faster, but I find it increasingly hard to get into and enjoy mmorpgs these days, so I just want to be extra careful that I don't ruin it for myself.
Fair enough. See you at launch. :)

Izayoi

Banned
Dat content.

terakr-roadmap1.jpg

(Updating progress schedule)

-STEP 1: OBT/Retail(January)
-STEP 2: Destruction of the Beasts(update)(May 2011)
-STEP 3 :Fragment of a dream(update)(Within 2011)
-STEP 4: Praia (implementation)(Within 2011)
-STEP 5: Give Switch Ark(2012)
Confrontation -> Large scale PVE -> Large scale PVP -> Politics improvements.

From there, it goes on talking about the future updates they have planned for TERA throughout the rest of 2011 and into 2012. They mention advancements in large scale cross server confrontations, large scale dungeon and open world boss battles, and much, much more.

Praia and Ark talk in that article seems to revolve much around aerial cities, and aerial fortresses.

Babalu.

anyone that retiring from ktera, wanna share their accounts so that others could try the game for the last few days of your subscription time?

I dont know if this is even possible, but just wanted to throw that out there and see if anyone would since it seems like you wont be using the account anymore. I really want to try the character creater, money is just tight and would rather save it for US retail. If this is not allowed, sorry, please delete.

And You got to love the outlook timeline. All Aion did was release a video of 'stuff to come' in like a year and that was only to stop the canceling subs that it was bleeding.

Izayoi

Banned
Babalu. said:
If this is not allowed, sorry, please delete.

And You got to love the outlook timeline. All Aion did was release a video of 'stuff to come' in like a year and that was only to stop the canceling subs that it was bleeding.
Nah, it's fine. If people want to give out their accounts that's their prerogative.

Yeah. I remember seeing an Aion 2.0 video forever ago (after I had already canceled my account) and being amazed, and then it just never coming out. I completely lost interest in the game before 2.0 was released.

Xiaoki said:
http://www.terafans.com/topic/8776-...ra-online/page__pid__51278__st__0&#entry51278

Major update in May.

Level cap increased to 58, server vs server PvP and new continent.

Outline for future updates as well.

That sounds amazing. Longevity was my main concern with the game and it looks like by the time we get the NA release I'll have plenty to keep me busy into 2013. I just hope En Masse can get this content out in a reasonable enough amount of time after the Korean content launches.

Server vs. Server PvP? Awesome.

My time is up on May 7th and unless other people stay, I'll retire as well and wait for NA/EU launch. I intend to play steadily until May 7th at any rate, I didn't spend that money for no good reason. I even tried to get the crew from FFXIV to come play with us, to no avail.

The NA/EU launch is looking farther and farther away every day though, which makes me sad. I'll actually have to work through my backlog of single-player games over the summer since I won't have an MMOG to play!

Izayoi

Banned
ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
New En Masse trailer for NA Tera:

http://youtu.be/YtryaSbMeNw?hd=1
Haha, some pretty big story spoilers in there. It's weird how I know it's a spoiler even though I have no idea what's going on dialogue-wise. Well done story, I guess?

Cool trailer, though. I love the cutscenes in this game.

Also, uncensored Elin in that trailer. Hm...

Arveene

Neo Member
I'll be staying until NA betas start unless literally everyone quits. Even then I might still stay and try to communicate with the Koreans. I finally sat down and figured out how to type words and stuff. Managed to use the LFG tool last night to do an instance with some Koreans.

I would love it if we had a group of level 50s to try some of the instances. I've read they're pretty damn tough.

Arveene said:
I'll be staying until NA betas start unless literally everyone quits. Even then I might still stay and try to communicate with the Koreans. I finally sat down and figured out how to type words and stuff. Managed to use the LFG tool last night to do an instance with some Koreans.

I would love it if we had a group of level 50s to try some of the instances. I've read they're pretty damn tough.

I'll be staying until NA release so my wife and I will catch up eventually. We also thought about trying to group with Koreans since the number of online GAF guild members has been declining.

Coverly

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
I'll be staying until NA release so my wife and I will catch up eventually. We also thought about trying to group with Koreans since the number of online GAF guild members has been declining.

Yeah, I'm staying too. I just got the skills to make mp balls, would really like to try them out in a group. I'll try to stay under 30 till you guys catch up. Right now there are a couple of us within the 23-28 range, that should be the sweet spot for now.

adam.chance

Neo Member
I will be joining once my finals are complete. I hope to be able to start by the second week of May. I have a friend or two that wants to try and play, too.

Izayoi

Banned
adam.chance said:
I will be joining once my finals are complete. I hope to be able to start by the second week of May. I have a friend or two that wants to try and play, too.
Awesome. Someone PM'd me today about getting an account, and Arveene recruited a fried the other day as well.

By the way, I'll be sticking around for a long, long time. Possibly until NA launch, so yeah.

Someone please tell me how to thumbnail images on this forum. I can't seem to find out how to do that anywhere. You would think that directions on how to do that would be somewhere obvious.

Anyways, this is the story quest where I don't know what to do:
pwease_help.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
0/1s are generally kill a named mob/boss monster. Since it's solo it shouldn't be too difficult. Does the blue text not point anywhere?

Also, I use www.abload.de to upload images. They take huge sizes, don't touch them, and automatically make forum-ready thumbnails for you.

Hobs

Neo Member
http://www.thisisgame.com/tera/quest_view.php?id=247

Here is the guide for that quest, not sure if it will help. I'm guessing it has something to do with the large clumps of skeleton piles.

Copy and find this on the page I linked to.
3.프란체스카의 집 인근에 있는 라데크 두르타 제거

I am pleased to announce the opening of the temporary guild website for K-Tera GAF!

http://tera-gaf.enjin.com

Feel free to register accounts and character names there. I've activated the forum so you can post there if you really want to. The vent server status is now also shown there, to get the password you'll have to join the in-game guild however.

As we get closer to NA/EU release this guild website will change as people enter the closed/open betas and more are playing. Eventually down the road before NA/EU launch we'll have to think of a pithy and evocative guild name, for now we are just Tera-GAF. :3

Damn you bastards for making me want to stay.

I just don't want to get a character to a high level only to have to start over at NA launch.

Coverly

Robobandit said:
Damn you bastards for making me want to stay.

I just don't want to get a character to a high level only to have to start over at NA launch.

Nice to have you back along with Valru.

Last week was a slow week but right now we're seeing new players and people coming back so it's great. There were several people on last night and it was fun to kill time in guild talk.

Kirin, thanks for putting the website up, maybe we can start scheduling instance and elite nights.

Izayoi

Banned
Valru said:
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this quest: http://tera.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/quest/detail.php?code=2781 .

From what I can discern it introduces some sort of fast travel system, I've used the teleporter but have no I idea how to complete it, so any help would be appreciated.

edit thanks kaoru
You need to use a town portal scroll (it's the scroll that is given as a quest reward), then you need to talk to the teleporter Elin and have her teleport you back to the southern camp.

It's a tutorial mission to introduce you to some of the fast travel methods in the game.

Jackl

Izayoi said:
Dat content.

terakr-roadmap1.jpg

These guys got really good at putting out giant content patches for L2 every couple of months. They'll find ways to keep people addicted forever.(Other than soul breaking grind this time)

That said their international efforts have not improved at all. 2012 release outside of Asia? Sadface.

Edit: New classes?!

Izayoi

Banned
Jackl said:
These guys got really good at putting out giant content patches for L2 every couple of months. They'll find ways to keep people addicted forever.(Other than soul breaking grind this time)

That said their international efforts have not improved at all. 2012 release outside of Asia? Sadface.

Edit: New classes?!
It's likely that it will still release this year in NA at least.

New class, not classes. At least, all they're confirming right now is a 9th class. No word on whether or not there will be more than that.

I was just thinking, if you have some spare time Izayoi, maybe you could move some of the helpful posts you've made on how to get started on K-Tera which are scattered around this thread over to the unofficial guild website and create a FAQ. I've given you administrator access so you can fuck around with the layout too if you feel like it.

Coverly said:
Kirin, thanks for putting the website up, maybe we can start scheduling instance and elite nights.

It would be nice if we could schedule the rank 28 instance. Reiko and I are both ready and have everything necessary but its Finals week for her so she's too busy to jump on without any plans.

Coverly

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
It would be nice if we could schedule the rank 28 instance. Reiko and I are both ready and have everything necessary but its Finals week for her so she's too busy to jump on without any plans.

Made a thread about it on the guild forum, just reply there on what day/time is best for you guys, we'll try to match that.

Since people are staying, I guess it's time to enable korean language so that we can start using those nifty emotes.

Yeah, please register on the guild website so we can use the calendar to schedule events. This thread gets buried on page 20 when people don't post in it for awhile.

Top Bottom