• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

Izayoi

Banned
NinajHeartless said:
I just figured it out, it was because Firefox 4 wasn't cooperating with the website :)

I switched to IE and it appears to be...doing something...
nevermind now it isn't loading the website at all...or it is going very slowly...either one :/
You MUST use IE 32-bit (double check you're not using the 64-bit version) to do almost anything with Hangame's site, including downloading the game. If nothing happens, check your taskbar for a UAC prompt and hit yes.

Izayoi said:
No Korean needed to play the Korean version. None of us who are currently playing know any. Well, some of us have picked some up along the way, but it's not a requirement to play at all.

I know a decent amount but can't really read and write/type it. I can barely have conversations with Koreans in real life.

Finals are over for Reiko but we feel so behind now that we haven't logged in a while. I'll need to buy some more game time soon. Anyone still in the level 26-30 range?

Izayoi

Banned
ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
I know a decent amount but can't really read and write/type it. I can barely have conversations with Koreans in real life.

Finals are over for Reiko but we feel so behind now that we haven't logged in a while. I'll need to buy some more game time soon. Anyone still in the level 26-30 range?
I played with two level 27's just yesterday.

In fact, with four of you, you could probably chance the 28 instance on-level.

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:

Pai is still 23, I've got a slayer at 21 and I've got a priest at 27..

SooMin is still 30..

We've got people, so come on back, we're missing ya :)

Coverly

Robobandit said:
Pai is still 23, I've got a slayer at 21 and I've got a priest at 27..

SooMin is still 30..

We've got people, so come on back, we're missing ya :)

30 is the best level ever.

last two times logged on i've helped people with their level 21 and 25 group quests without getting 1-shot (that's the life of a mystic). The last group was a healer, me, and a sorc trying to kill 4 elites in wonderland. It took more than 3 hrs ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zsGvjEel7w ) !! It was fun, but lots of deaths.

Coverly said:
30 is the best level ever.

last two times logged on i've helped people with their level 21 and 25 group quests without getting 1-shot (that's the life of a mystic). The last group was a healer, me, and a sorc trying to kill 4 elites in wonderland. It took more than 3 hrs ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zsGvjEel7w ) !! It was fun, but lots of deaths.

Not much to be done when the monsters can one-shot you, though =/

Insayne

Short update for you guys :)

I updated http://www.insayne.net/teram/ with almost all class skills and descriptions :D (Man, that was a PITA). Also the Emotes are up for quick reference. Remember you can view the page fine using Google Chrome and Safari... IE and Firefox, not so much :(

Enjoy

Arveene

Neo Member
I just got pretty nice event items. I didn't take screenshots of what the icon is when you get them, but it appears to the right of where the sold items @ auction icon is. If you click on it a menu will come up, just hit the button on the bottom to collect your items.

You can also access the menu by pressing alt, go to the 3rd button from the right, 3rd option from the top.

I'm not sure the criteria on getting these items so your experience / items may be different.

Babalu.

Is there a guide somewhere on how to apply gametime to your account? I have everything downloaded, updated, and ready to go. But i'm not sure how to add the gametime code for 30 days onto my account. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

edit: nvm the guide was in the email =)

Izayoi

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
Wait, US people can play this?
Yep. Check out the blog I linked in the second post of the thread if you're interested.

Also, just broke into a closed-off level 60 zone on the test server.

Holy fucking graphics, everywhere. Will have screens after I'm done exploring.

It's eerie to be in a zone with literally nobody but yourself after running around with upward of a dozen people on your screen at any one time for hours.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I'm so close to getting this and just fumbling my way though it! It looks so awesome. How many people are in your guild, can you type in english at all to communicate or do you use a ventrillo type service.

Izayoi

Banned
Trin3785 said:
I'm so close to getting this and just fumbling my way though it! It looks so awesome. How many people are in your guild, can you type in english at all to communicate or do you use a ventrillo type service.
We've got about a dozen active players, though never more than five or six are on at any given time.

We've got a Ventrilo server but only a few people use it, namely Arveene, Kual, and myself.

You can type in English while in the game. It's probably not a stellar idea to do it in global channels, but I talk in /say, /party, and /guild all of the time. There are quite a few Koreans who know at least some English, so it's actually surprisingly easy to group with them.

Okay, screenshots of the 53-56 areas, and some random new stuff.

Dem Mystic orbs.

New villain. Bad... things are bad.

And now, graphics.

The new Aman capitol city.

Level 53 intro zone. Branches off into all of the zones below.

Waterfall zone.

Swamp zone. Leads to an instance intro zone. That's what the scary portal thing is.

Swamp instance intro zone. Quests build up to the instance located later in the zone.

Mountain instance intro zone.

Alien zone. I don't even.

Level 57-58 stuff.

It's hard to miss the entrances to the new instances.

A new open-world dungeon. Couldn't get any further because I was getting two-shot. Oh well.

Another instance intro zone.

Closed-off level 60 area.

Not only does it look gorgeous, but it's packed with quests. My minimap lit up like crazy as soon as I stepped into any of the new towns. Oh, and the music is fucking fantastic as well. Easily some of the best music in the game so far, especially in the level 60 area.

Insayne

Hello fellow Gaffers :)

I updated Tera Launcher to v2.5!

It now encrypts your password, its a bit better handling Tera Emotes (closing it properly) and comes now for the first time without the entire source! (Due to encryption code). And as bonus, for those of you who use IE as your main browser, I made it not change your Homepage to naver.com anymore but retain the one you had :) Hope that helps some of you :)

The old links will no longer work, as I moved it into its own folder...

http://www.insayne.net/tera/launcher

Direct Download of the Launcher is here: http://www.insayne.net/tera/launcher/TeraLauncher_v2.5.zip

With that said, I also wanted to tell you guys that I got a full translated list of skills for all classes up for the Mobile Webapp I made, accessible here: http://www.insayne.net/teram/

I also updated some other Menu translations, etc :) Check it out!

P.S: It does work with Chrome and Safari properly, Firefox and IE, not so much :p

Have fun!

Luigi87

Holy frick, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought some of the lv60-zone images were simply concept art, and not screens from the game.

Izayoi

Banned
Insayne said:
Thanks as always, Insayne. Works great.

Luigi87 said:
Holy frick, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought some of the lv60-zone images were simply concept art, and not screens from the game.
Yeah, and that's only with 2xAA. My video card was acting up and it wouldn't let me go any higher, for some reason. With 8xMSAA and Adaptive AA it really would look identical to concept art.

I should say that in motion it's even more impressive. The environments really come alive.

Babalu.

thanks for the guide Insayne, it really helps!

but i still have a few questions:

1. if you delete a character, does it really take a week before you can use the name again?

2. who do I talk to to join the guild. i'm pretty sure i'm on your guys' server =O (hopefully i picked the right one... *my name is komea*

3. how do you do emotes? does it have to be in korean text?

4. i'm level 6 right now and have like 3 quests that don't have any blue text to click so i'm not sure what to do. is there any kind of quest guide around yet?

hmm..i had more questions but i forgot. so those are it for now i guess :)

Izayoi

Banned
Babalu. said:
thanks for the guide Insayne, it really helps!

but i still have a few questions:

1. if you delete a character, does it really take a week before you can use the name again?

2. who do I talk to to join the guild. i'm pretty sure i'm on your guys' server =O (hopefully i picked the right one... *my name is komea*

3. how do you do emotes? does it have to be in korean text?

4. i'm level 6 right now and have like 3 quests that don't have any blue text to click so i'm not sure what to do. is there any kind of quest guide around yet?

hmm..i had more questions but i forgot. so those are it for now i guess :)
1.) If your character is higher than level 1, yes, you have to wait a week for the character deletion process to complete. They give you a lot of time to change your mind.

2.) Me. I'm signing in right now, and I'll be on for the rest of the night. Send a message to Homura by typing /w Homura yourmessagehere and I'll respond.

3.) You can use Insayne's launcher to use emotes. Check it out at his site. Put yes, you would have to use Korean otherwise.

4.) No quest guide, at least not one in English. In the starter zone you're going to be looking at a quest to climb vines (after you talk to an oblesik at the base, press 'F' next to the vines in order to climb them), a quest to get your vitality to 120% (can be done by using the campfire that was given to you by the quest giver - right click it to activate it and stand next to it until your big red heart reads 120%), and a quest to use Pandora's Box (it looks like a silver treasure chest in your inventory - right click it while next to a campfire and then right click the blue ore to add it to the box, hit the button at the bottom of the window to confirm and it will either double the ore or destroy it).

BurningNad

Well, I finally caved and signed up for a Korean account. Now I just have to wait for this incredibly slow download to finish...

See you guys in a couple days! :p

Izayoi

Banned
BurningNad said:
Well, I finally caved and signed up for a Korean account. Now I just have to wait for this incredibly slow download to finish...

See you guys in a couple days! :p
Awesome! Can't wait to see you in game.

bjaelke

Izayoi said:
The game is story driven. There are tons of cutscenes, voice acting, and story events, more than any MMO I've played prior. It doesn't come quite to TOR's level in that respect, but it's certainly head and shoulders above everything else out right now in that regard. The story-driven narrative and the combat set it apart from anything else currently on the market or to be released on the market this year. If TOR copied TERA's combat system it would arguably be the best MMO ever made, it's just a shame that in the end it's going to be held back by its ancient, done-to-death combat.
(quote from the swtor thead) Will all cut scenes be translated into English or will they just slam subtitles on it? I like the "innovative" combat system, but I also need a good story to good along with it.

Izayoi

Banned
bjaelke said:
(quote from the swtor thead) Will all cut scenes be translated into English or will they just slam subtitles on it? I like the "innovative" combat system, but I also need a good story to good along with it.
They're translating everything to English, vocals and text.

Izayoi said:
They're translating everything to English, vocals and text.

I was curious about the voices and cutscenes. Have they announced a voice cast yet?

Just bought some more game time and will probably be on later today. Going to get in some more Gears 3 time before the beta ends.

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone have a link to any videos/articles that do an in depth look at the combat? I love Monster Hunter's combat and difficulty so I'd really like to see if Tera is fitting that bill like many say it is.

BurningNad

I'm in! Made a Baraka priest named Guurg. I think I'm level 4 or 5. I like it, but god damn it is hard to figure shit out. I'm liking it though, I definitely want to roll hard in this.

Izayoi

Banned
nacire said:
Anyone have a link to any videos/articles that do an in depth look at the combat? I love Monster Hunter's combat and difficulty so I'd really like to see if Tera is fitting that bill like many say it is.
There aren't any, really. I can make one for you if you like. What exactly are you looking for? Commentary? Showing how the controls work? Basic combat situations?

BurningNad said:
I'm in! Made a Baraka priest named Guurg. I think I'm level 4 or 5. I like it, but god damn it is hard to figure shit out. I'm liking it though, I definitely want to roll hard in this.
I'm going to be grabbing a bite to eat here, but when I get back I'll hop on and send you a whisper.

I followed the instructions to setup everything in the link at the beginning of this thread, but I'm stuck here at the Client Download step:

7zcp4.png

When I click that, I install all the IE plugins as said, but I only get a screen that seems like its displaying my PC's specs and how they match up to the game's system requirements. The actual client download doesn't seem to be starting. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind, seems I had to run IE as Admin (if anyone is having trouble and you run on a limited user account, I guess you can try that too). The install dialogue popped up and its installing now.

Duke Togo

Does this game lend itself to soloing much? I don't have much time to play MMO's these days, but I wouldn't mind running around and exploring on weekends. :)

Arveene

Neo Member
Towards the later levels, there are a lot of group quests. On the otherhand, doing repeatable quests for solo mobs is very good exp and probably the fastest way to level. The only exception is story quests that give a ton of exp. We have some higher levels who could run you through the group ones anyways. We also have a good amount of people in the 30s, and it doesn't become group heavy until the 40s.

Izayoi

Banned
Somebody mentioned it the other day, and I wasn't sure at the time, but now I can confirm that emotes will have sound come the patch.

Arveene

Neo Member
It looks like our server along with 2 others will be merged on the 28th of May. I'll try to figure out some more details soon.

Edit: A few things you will want to do before the 28th.
  • Delete characters on other servers. If you have more than 8 on the new combined server, it will delete others. I'm not sure the method they use for it.
  • All characters under level 5 will be deleted.
  • Take down all auctions and take out your mail.

Edit2: Looks like Mystel is also being merged. Mystel happens to be the server the other English speaking K-TERA retail guild is on. Looks like we'll have some friends soon. I'll be talking with them over the next week to see if they're still active.

Babalu.

some questions:

1. what is the big heart thing and what does it effect at 120% or lower?

2. what stat bonuses do those little talismans give? which are better, yellow/white/blue? and does your heart % matter when you use them?

3. is there a dungeon or party search button? Im in the newbie zone still but i only have one quest left, which is a 5 man into that last dungeon. I've only seen like 5 people total so far in leveling to 12 so i'm not sure how i'm going to get a group going =o.

Izayoi

Banned
Babalu. said:
1. what is the big heart thing and what does it effect at 120% or lower?

2. what stat bonuses do those little talismans give? which are better, yellow/white/blue? and does your heart % matter when you use them?

3. is there a dungeon or party search button? Im in the newbie zone still but i only have one quest left, which is a 5 man into that last dungeon. I've only seen like 5 people total so far in leveling to 12 so i'm not sure how i'm going to get a group going =o.
1.) It's your Vitality (or Condition, if you want to directly translate it). The higher it is, the more HP/MP you have. You can over your "maximum" total HP/MP, as I'm sure you've already noticed. Your Vitality depletes as a result of combat (it increases very, very slowly outside of combat), and as it does, you overcharged HP/MP slowly approaches your "maximum". At around 40% it will reach this maximum, after that your maximum HP/MP is decreased. At about 20%, you will reach a "near death" state, where you will take more damage and deal less damage to enemies. You can replenish your Vitality by standing next to a campfire or using a purple potion.

2.) While your Vitality is 100% or higher, you can apply talisman buffs. which are 15-minute random buffs within certain categories. Yellow are attack related, blue are defense related, and white are HP/MP related. You can buy the green talismans from the advanced crystal vendors, and they have effects that a pre-defined, but I don't know what they are because they're expensive and not worth it unless you're in an instance.

3.) You can solo the last quest on newbie island. It's difficult, but doable for every class. For future reference, however, the LFG button is 'Y'. You'll have to match Hangul from the quest and/or mob names to the first column.

If you're on right now send a whisper to Homura. I'll get you in the guild and I can help you out, if you need it.

For those who aren't following the external fan sites:
http://www.terafans.com/

Some useful news and stuff in the first 2 front page posts. Tera's Japan CBT will operate from July 1-4. It will have a level 22 cap (lol). That's the small news post.

The one below it, dating back to April 22nd, contains substantial information about the big patch which is dropping next week, and lots of other useful things.

They are still shooting for sometime in 2011 for Japan and NA/EU release.

The game will get 2 level cap raises in 2011. The first level cap raise is next week, from 50 to 58. The second will be late in 2011, if content is released as planned.

The game is going to get the equivalent of 'rifts', the public quests in Rift where a portal opens up randomly in a zone and drops a bunch of monsters on your head.

The game's current playerbase is down to about 100,000 daily players in Korea from about 160,000 daily players at launch. That means that it's nowhere near what Aion does on a daily basis in Korea, FWIW.

NHN/Hangame have a bad reputation in Korea, but it's probably safe to assume they were pretty much the only partner Bluehole had in Korea, where NCsoft rules over everything with an iron fist.

Bluehole are expecting to achieve break-even point on Tera when Japan and NA/EU launch, so financially the game is evidently on solid ground, assuming they are able to launch the other regions in 2011.

LowParry

I think if SW:TOR is delayed into next year, TERA's going to have a great run this year. If it don't....ehhhhh, I hate to say it but it could run as a DOA. Not to mention there's Guild Wars 2 this year. Or so they say. I love TERA but it's in a really bad place to being launched.

CcrooK said:
I think if SW:TOR is delayed into next year, TERA's going to have a great run this year. If it don't....ehhhhh, I hate to say it but it could run as a DOA. Not to mention there's Guild Wars 2 this year. Or so they say. I love TERA but it's in a really bad place to being launched.

Aren't they still saying 2H 2011 for SWTOR? If Tera ends up as November/December 2011 and SWTOR launches in the August/September window, it should be just fine. Guild Wars 2 is a wild card at this point, NCsoft/ArenaNet have said surprisingly little about it other than OMG GUILD WARZ 2!!

We have to assume that Bluehole aren't suicidal and send games to die like Sega loves to do. They'll know well in advance when EA/Bioware/Mythic and NCsoft/ArenaNet are planning their launches, as a more niche title they'll hopefully be smart enough not to try and go against SWTOR which is the big juggernaut MMOG release of 2011. What they make of GW2 will depend on how it looks and how much hype there is for it later on, I guess.

Arveene said:
Edit2: Looks like Mystel is also being merged. Mystel happens to be the server the other English speaking K-TERA retail guild is on. Looks like we'll have some friends soon. I'll be talking with them over the next week to see if they're still active.

Mystel is the official-unofficial home of the players from Tera Fans and Blue Gartr. I don't know how many of those people are actively playing it, but you can amuse yourself with Blue Gartr's long-ass Tera thread here.

Where are you folks anyway?

I've logged in quite a bit over the last few days and no one seems to be signing in :(

I played solo for a while but at this point it isn't much fun logging in to an empty guild.

Hopefully people will start playing again after the patch and server merge..

KaYotiX

Banned
Robobandit said:
Where are you folks anyway?

I've logged in quite a bit over the last few days and no one seems to be signing in :(

I played solo for a while but at this point it isn't much fun logging in to an empty guild.

Hopefully people will start playing again after the patch and server merge..

GaF guilds never last

I've been checking in every day for the last 3 days, seeing there is nobody else on, logging off and watching anime instead. At least I know what Yin is doing.

Feep

Banned
The more screens I see of this, the more ridiculously awesome it looks. Still waiting on NA beta, though...can't stand language barriers in an MMO.

Zeal

Banned
i can't believe it has been a year and a half since i was in the focus test. at this rate, it feels like this game is never coming out in america and i'm losing interest. i mean, we are not even in a US beta yet...wtf.

en masse needs to get it together.

Unknown Soldier said:
I've been checking in every day for the last 3 days, seeing there is nobody else on, logging off and watching anime instead. At least I know what Yin is doing.

That's exactly what I've been doing for the most part.

Sign in, check for solo quests.. do them.. see if anyone else is around.. if no, I log off.

Top Bottom