• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

Izayoi

Banned
BadTaste105 said:
Wow, thats excellent.. surely I would get similar results on my machine

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.60Ghz
4GB RAM
Radeon 5770

Also /jealous that you're playing it.
You could probably run AA and get the same framerate that I am.

ACE 1991 said:
What can you compare the combat to? Honestly my biggest issue with these kind of MMOs is that the combat seems to get repetitive and stale quickly.
Think of it as a simplified version of Monster Hunter, or if you've played Vindictus it's very similar to that.

Left-click to start a basic combo, time it right to complete the whole thing. Attacking generally moves your character so you need to compensate ahead of time by planning out your attacks. You can assign anything to the right mouse button but I'm using it as my block for my Berserker. Basically you start a basic combo and chain your skills into it. Hard to describe but it's awesome.

JWong said:
So are you using that kind of account? Or are you in Korea.
I'm using that kind of account. I'm in the US.

PatzCU

This could be the MMO that FINALLY pulls me away from WoW. I wouldn't say I'm an MMO addict, but I do like to play WoW casually (4 hours/week). Honestly no other MMO has really peaked my interest as Rift is far too unpolished and KOTOR looks like a single player MMO.

Can't wait for Tera, it's looking GOOD!

Izayoi

Banned
Blue skies in games!

tera2011-04-0316-31-153nsq.png

tera2011-04-0317-04-51wnr3.png

tera2011-04-0317-06-12xn42.png

Mithos

Gold Member
Izayoi said:
now I'm doing GameGuard updates.

=( =( =( =( =( =( =( =(

Tera, I'm out, Gameguard have only given me problems for the last 6 years playing games that use it.

Izayoi

Banned
Mithos said:
=( =( =( =( =( =( =( =(

Tera, I'm out, Gameguard have only given me problems for the last 6 years playing games that use it.
Huh? It works fine for me. No problems at all so far, even with Steam. I had problems with Aion but so far TERA has been great.

Nekrono

Game looks great, so far this is the best use i've seen someone give to the Unreal Engine 3, looks sharp, full of color and life.

UE3 games are based mainly on your graphics card so anyone with a decent graphics card will be able to max out the game easy even with a slow processor.

Anyways, any word on the NA Beta? is there any way i can play the game atm? I don't understand korean lol.

Mithos

Gold Member
Izayoi said:
Huh? It works fine for me. No problems at all so far, even with Steam. I had problems with Aion but so far TERA has been great.

Aion don't use Gameguard, so no problems for me playing that, but starting up a game with Gameguard = random program incl gameclient crashing at random times.

Edit:
Sounds like NA/EU Tera will not use Gameguard though (looking through official forums etc), lets hope it doesn't because I was looking forward to try it out.

I really wonder if EU/US version of TERA will have shorter grind than Korean version. The development team looks like a dream team, so hopefully they will be able to get what the Aion team didn't.

Izayoi

Banned
Nekrono said:
Anyways, any word on the NA Beta? is there any way i can play the game atm? I don't understand korean lol.
Sign up on the official forums to get a chance to be selected for future English betas.

Mithos said:
Aion don't use Gameguard, so no problems for me playing that, but starting up a game with Gameguard = random program incl gameclient crashing at random times.

Edit:
Sounds like NA/EU Tera will not use Gameguard though (looking through official forums etc), lets hope it doesn't because I was looking forward to try it out.
I was talking about the Korean version of Aion, sorry. An hour straight of TERA and no crashes yet, so we'll see.

Vigilant Walrus said:
I really wonder if EU/US version of TERA will have shorter grind than Korean version. The development team looks like a dream team, so hopefully they will be able to get what the Aion team didn't.
It will. People in the current beta say that leveling is faster than the Korean version, and it's still very early in the localization process.

drkOne

How easy would it be to pick as someone who doesn't know any bit of Korean but knows how MMOs work in general?

And could you PM me with information on where to get the Korean account, Izayoi? ^^

Izayoi

Banned
drkOne said:
How easy would it be to pick as someone who doesn't know any bit of Korean but knows how MMOs work in general?

And could you PM me with information on where to get the Korean account, Izayoi? ^^
I've been picking it up just fine so far. A small number of skills and a fairly straightforward quest tracker make combat and questing easy enough. What I'm going to have to sit down and figure out before long is what items are worth keeping and which aren't. That's really the only thing that might cause problems.

That and the fact that sometimes I get whispered and I have no idea how to respond, so I feel like kind of a jerk for just ignoring them. :(

My only problem with the looks of the game is it seems the two available genders are male and stripper. Even for males it seems that Human and Popori are the only race's that armors for cover their entire body.

Here is a site that shows a bunch of the armors that I have found. http://www.mmorpg-tactics.com/tera-human-armors/human-armors

And a video of the different armors that the game lets you see when making your character. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPYGfh9ttD0 and for female http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYr0TYWbEQg&feature=related

Game looks good, and I have high hopes for it. Like that they haven't just thrown out the trinity system and are using it in good ways with their active battle system. Thought if I was a female I would be pretty embarrassed to be caught playing this, with how most of the female armor looks. Guess that is standard in mmorpgs, but not really to this level. Even the running animations of some of the race's that I've seen are made to give more focus on....certain areas.

This is going to be my first MMORPG since quitting WOW years ago. If there's going to be a GAF guild, I'm in. Probably going to be a healer this time around since I've heard it's the most difficult class in this game.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
What's the zone design like? By that I mean, are the zones wide open and expansive or are they super linear, corridor roller coaster bullshit like Aion?

Izayoi

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:
This is going to be my first MMORPG since quitting WOW years ago. If there's going to be a GAF guild, I'm in. Probably going to be a healer this time around since I've heard it's the most difficult class in this game.
It is. No longer do you just have to worry about whether someone is in range or not. Now you've actually got to worry about aiming at them (and if they're in range, and if they're in line of sight, and if they're not running around like crazy, and...)

Spire said:
What's the zone design like? By that I mean, are the zones wide open and expansive or are they super linear, corridor roller coaster bullshit like Aion?
Even the starter zone is very open. If you look at some of the screenshots in the OP (especially the desert ones) you can see how expansive the world is. The Lineage II dev team definitely shows through in the zone design. There are a lot of rolling fields and large areas with no one particular way to pass through them.

Hobs

Neo Member
dtDtOl.jpg
7PRgPl.jpg

POi7Wl.jpg
8lYYTl.jpg

Being able to play a Panda is so awesome, had a lot of fun playing the community event.

Really want to play the Korean version but I'm hesitant though, I don't like to solo in MMORPGs and it would seem really hard to play with people I don't understand.

Izayoi

Banned
Hobs said:
Really want to play the Korean version but I'm hesitant though, I don't like to solo in MMORPGs and it would seem really hard to play with people I don't understand.
See if you can find someone to play it with. Seems like there are a couple of people interested on GAF that might be trying the Korean version out. If there's enough interest I can create a guild.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Izayoi said:
$10 for an account that's been verified using a Korean SSN.

lol wut

60FPS with everything cranked at @ 1920x1200.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13GHz
6GB Ram
Radeon 4890

This game looks unfuckingbelievable in motion. The subtle lighting changes especially. It's like magic.

Anyone know how to ditch the HUD?
That's some pretty nice FPS for the CPU clock speed on an MMO. How bad does it drop in towns?

Izayoi

Banned
Hazaro said:
That's some pretty nice FPS for the CPU clock speed on an MMO. How bad does it drop in towns?
Haven't been to one so I can't say but like someone mentioned earlier Unreal is a very GPU-heavy engine so it's unlikely I'll have too much trouble (hopefully, anyway). I'll let you know when I do get to a town. The devs must have sprinkled fairy dust on the code or something because it looks ten times better than Rift and runs WAY smoother.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Izayoi said:
See if you can find someone to play it with. Seems like there are a couple of people interested on GAF that might be trying the Korean version out. If there's enough interest I can create a guild.

I would do this for sure, but you said the english patch doesn't work right?

edit: If we get enough people I could even live stream the GAF guilds adventures in a Korean MMO lol

Insayne

Hey,

Question here :) Does the world stream like in lineage, or do you have loading screens like in Aion?

Also, can any race be any class or are there restrictions?

Lastly, is pvp open or faction based/event based?

Thanks in advance :)

Izayoi

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
I would do this for sure, but you said the english patch doesn't work right?

edit: If we get enough people I could even live stream the GAF guilds adventures in a Korean MMO lol
I'm not sure if the patch doesn't work, as I haven't tried it. I don't think there's any risk in using it, I just want to be extra careful for a while. I will probably try it soonish, though.

Honestly it isn't terrible and I don't know a lick of Korean. Menus are very intuitive and it's pretty easy to find your way around them.

Insayne said:
Hey,

Question here :) Does the world stream like in lineage, or do you have loading screens like in Aion?

Also, can any race be any class or are there restrictions?

Lastly, is pvp open or faction based/event based?

Thanks in advance :)
Not a single loading screen past the one when you first start in. Actually there might not even be one there, I'm pretty sure it just... starts.

Any race can play any class.

PvP is event based. There is only one faction in the game.

Hobs

Neo Member
vBpQ4l.jpg
p4c0Kl.jpg

rDrEUl.jpg

How can anyone not want to play as a panda? (Or a dog smoking a pipe, ferret wielding a bow, etc.)

I'm totally on this if there is enough interest so we can get a GAF guild up.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
GhostRidah said:
Count me in on that gaf guild, just tell me where to buy the game, I seen where to make a account and stuff.

Yea I just need to know where to get the account to sign up.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I made 3 community accounts, is there anything else I need to do to try and get a beta invite later?

Izayoi

Banned
BadTaste105 said:
Hells yeah I'm interested too.
Sent you a PM.

Hazaro said:
So I made 3 community accounts, is there anything else I need to do to try and get a beta invite later?
Nope, that's it. If you want a higher chance I guess you could post a bit on the official forums.

_tetsuo_ said:
Got it. This is the full game we are playing? It has been released over there?
Yup, full game.

Hobs

Neo Member
Can you tell me which site you used for the account? I've seen a few but didn't know which one was reputable.

fRgikl.jpg
Onlrzl.jpg

Last two pictures for now, if these doesn't convince you how awesome Tera is, I don't know what will.

I'll probably be trying this when my isp puts me back on broadband (data caps be damned) in 6 days.

I'm sure this is somewhere in the topic, but is the game f2p? p2p? or does it use a system like guild wars?

I'd look it up for myself but even just browsing is painfully slow right now.
I'd definately be up for joining a gaf guild.

This will be my first mmo in almost a year.

Izayoi

Banned
Hobs said:
Can you tell me which site you used for the account? I've seen a few but didn't know which one was reputable.
Sent you a PM.

SneakyStephan said:
I'm sure this is somewhere in the topic, but is the game f2p? p2p? or does it use a system like guild wars?
Pay to play. No cash shop.

kurohana

I don't really know if it's changed since I've played the beta, but don't Koreans ban overseas IP? I would assume they keep a somewhat close eye on it.

Izayoi

Banned
kurohana said:
I don't really know if it's changed since I've played the beta, but don't Koreans ban overseas IP? I would assume they keep a somewhat close eye on it.
That was a beta only thing.

Now that you're paying they couldn't care less.

Robobandit said:
I'm interested as well.

Mind shooting me a PM?
Sent.

Also, this is the server that I'm on. Ignore the (7), that's just the amount of characters that I have.

IkMWl.png

Main/option menu translations are here.

not going to play afterall..

site is likely selling stolen accounts.. doesn't sit well with me.

particularly giving them my personal information to place an order..

Top Bottom