• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Robobandit said:
in the FAQ on the page, it says "sometimes people steal back the account, but it only happens rarely" that makes me think that the accounts are not legitimately purchased.

That's a much more likely scenario than someone selling their SSN to a company to create game accounts for sale. Under what circumstances would someone sell their "identity" to a RMT vendor so that the accounts could be re-sold?

That just doesn't make sense to me.

Keep the screenshots rolling in, though!

It's probably just the way they word it, considering that English is not their first language. There is a tab on the site to sell MMO accounts. I'll probably sell my Warhammer and FFXIV ones, in fact :lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'll probably try this out, and it'll be a good time to as well since I plan on upgrading parts over the summer! I get a small Aion vibe, but this looks better than Aion ever wanted to look!

Hobs

Neo Member
They sent me a e-mail afterwards asking me to verify purchase information and reply. After that they called the number I gave them and asked me what I bought and how much the total was.

About an hour or so later I got the account information.

Better change the e-mail address on the hangame account and then the password too, you can find how to do that by googling.

This game looks so damn appealing to me, fuck. I really want it. I've been holding out from buying Rift because I want to get this instead, but does anyone know when it might come out in the US? I didn't see a release date for it listed.

StickSoldier said:
This game looks so damn appealing to me, fuck. I really want it. I've been holding out from buying Rift because I want to get this instead, but does anyone know when it might come out in the US? I didn't see a release date for it listed.

Same boat I'm in man. I played the free weekend of Rift and I like it but I want TERA so much more. I remember playing it at GDC 2010.

Marchiott

MMO with free-targetting and an open world?!

I thought Vindictus would be the closest thing I could get for a while but man did that get old fast...
Looks like they signed with Atari to be their distributor.

Hobs said:
They sent me a e-mail afterwards asking me to verify purchase information and reply. After that they called the number I gave them and asked me what I bought and how much the total was.

About an hour or so later I got the account information.

Better change the e-mail address on the hangame account and then the password too, you can find how to do that by googling.

is it a good idea to change accnt details? what if they ask you to re-verify?

Hobs

Neo Member
Good point, but I'm just paranoid that not changing the e-mail address will allow them to recover the account details in the future.

I think they recommend you to change the password anyways?

Broadbandito said:
Same boat I'm in man. I played the free weekend of Rift and I like it but I want TERA so much more. I remember playing it at GDC 2010.

That aint no joke man, the game looks badass. I wonder how deep it is though, haven't heard much of end-game content, so hope it's not lacking. I guess they could always add new stuff.

StickSoldier said:
That aint no joke man, the game looks badass. I wonder how deep it is though, haven't heard much of end-game content, so hope it's not lacking. I guess they could always add new stuff.

Here's the app for the community dates

Izayoi

Banned
Robobandit said:
Are these just empty accounts you guys are buying or do they have characters already made?
Empty. All you're buying is an Hangame account that's been activated with an adult Korean SSN.

wwm0nkey said:
Still waiting for them to give me my account :/
Open a customer service window and ask them to give it to you. Your order number should be in your PayPal receipt.

StickSoldier said:
Later this year for English client release.

wwm0nkey

Izayoi said:
Open a customer service window and ask them to give it to you. Your order number should be in your PayPal receipt.
Yep its all good now got the call and everything. All this feels super shady though :lol

Hobs said:
Good point, but I'm just paranoid that not changing the e-mail address will allow them to recover the account details in the future.

I think they recommend you to change the password anyways?

changing which email address? they give u an ID card number, the account name and password. and its prob due to translation issues but they say to keep ur password 'steady' :/

ediT: also, Izayoi, why do I need to open the hangame page with 32bit IE? chrome will not do?

Hobs

Neo Member
There is an e-mail address associated with your hangame account, if you ever lose your password that is the address they'll send it to.

ueo119

Banned
Saw this thread a little late.

I've been playing on the Korean server since Korean beta and there was a fairly big English guild on release (it was actually the biggest guild on the server). Many people left the game when whoever worked on the English patch apparently got a C&D order which was very close to one month after release.

I haven't played much due to the lacking endgame and I've been too lazy to find a new guild. But would love to play another class or PL you guys through quests.

IkMWl.png

I don't know if you guys want to reroll, but I'm on the server right below the highlighted one. 50lancer - Nei and 38slayer - Arya.

*edit: accounts to give gone

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
25% downloaded :(

And end game is lacking for the same reason as most MMO's end game is lacking on release. Focus on packing the front end with content, end game stuff is to be patched in later.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
_tetsuo_ said:
25% downloaded :(

And end game is lacking for the same reason as most MMO's end game is lacking on release. Focus on packing the front end with content, end game stuff is to be patched in later.

Aye. Even the mighty WoW does this. Do not be alarmed.

ueo119

Banned
Since I'm not much of a pvp'er the only thing to do at 50 is run the two lvl 50 instances and farm crabs. I've farmed enough to get a nice amount of gold and I guess I wasn't good enough to tank the first instance.

First off, if you enjoy repetitive action RPGs such as PSO or Vindictus, you'll definitely like Tera. I've played the heck out of PSO and Vindictus and got a similar feel from Tera with a more MMO like world. Lancer plays very similar to the Fiona class from Vindictus, I loved it. 1-50 was very enjoyable.

Leveling up might've been a bit too easy. Most of the instance bosses have pretty similar attack patterns and I could block almost all of the damage. But at 50, the instance difficulty got jacked up. Part of it is probably due to the fact that my semi static group included a warrior. In a 5 player party system, having 2 tanks gimped us from the start. Still we had the first 50 instance on farm all the way up to the last boss. He has some attacks and an enrage where he could just blow through my block. Got close a couple times, but never could kill him. Then I took a break and when I came back, my static group left so I just been playing my alts periodically.

Izayoi

Banned
Alright, GAF guild is made.

Now I just need to figure out how to invite people...

Somebody should make a 64x64 .bmp of the GAF logo, on a black background. I tried and it turned out terrible. The white background makes it hard to see the logo.

Insayne

Do we have Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Mumble or so where we can meet up?

Edit:
Also, to your request, I made a 64x64 NeoGAF emblem, once in black, once transparent :)

neogaf64-black.png

neogaf64-trans.png

Izayoi

Banned
Insayne said:
Do we have Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Mumble or so where we can meet up?

Edit:
Also, to your request, I made a 64x64 NeoGAF emblem, once in black, once transparent :)

neogaf64-black.png

neogaf64-trans.png
We do have a Ventrilo server. I need to know exactly how many people we'll be getting so I can have Arveene bump it up player-wise, and then I'll start giving it out tomorrow (today?).

Figured out how to invite people to guilds, no idea how to promote officers yet.

Logos look great by the way, awesome job. Okay, we've got 29 people including Arveene and myself, if everyone who sent a PM bought an account. I know that one or two at least decided against it so we're looking at probably around 25 people all-told.

Guild is up and running, for the most part. Seems that right now I can only invite on one character, so invites are going to be a pain for right now. Try to bear with me for the first few minutes tomorrow.

Found a list of racial skills. Note that these are typically on hour-long cooldowns so it doesn't have a huge effect on the game (some of the passives are nice, though).

Human:

Expert Duelist (Active Skill): For 3 minutes, it will lower the chance of reactive abilities during PVP by 50%.
Will of Humans (Passive Skill): When your HP goes below 30% you will take 10% less damage during PVP.
Dilligence (Passive Skill): It takes 10% less time to craft Light Armor.

Castanic:

Runic Awakening (Active): When in combat your movement speed will be increased by 35 for 3 minutes, but when attacked your reaction time will be increased and after the reaction, the effect will be canceled.
Master of Ambush (Passive): When attacking from behind, your critical chance is increased by 1%.
Acrobatic (Passive): Decreases fall damage by 50%.

Aman:

Veteran Fighter (Active): For 30 seconds, lowers the chance to get knocked down / paralyzed by 70%.
Descendant of Davan (Passive): When your HP goes below 30%, your defense increases.
Strength (Passive): Increases the chance to resist status ailments.

Popori/Elin (Share racials):

Friend of Nature (Active): When used before you are in combat, you will not be attacked first by monsters for 3 minutes. The effect disappears when you enter combat and cannot be used during combat.
Joy of traveling (Active): When used, for 3 minutes your out of combat movement speed is increased.
Child of the Lake (Passive): Swimming speed increased by 50%.

Baraka:

Nature Fuse (Active): Instantly heal 100% of your maximum HP.
Optimist (Passive): Lowest percentage of your condition is 20% instead of 0%.
Keeping Calm (Passive): Raises the chance to resist movement impairing effect.

High Elf:

Activate Core (Active Skill): Instantly fully restore your MP.
Core's Blessing (Passive Skill): When resurrected from death, you get MP regeneration buff.
Essence Collector (Passive): You take 15% less time to collect Essences.

Hobs

Neo Member
Here is the link for the file site downloads. It is the Korean open beta client, once you finish, just extract and run "Tera_Invoker.exe" and it will patch to retail. Hopefully this will be faster for some of you.

Izayoi

Banned
Black logo looks great in-game.

My main (and guild founder) is named "Yin". You can send me a message by typing:

/w Yin messagehere

into the chat window. If you don't get a response I'm offline and will be on later. Probably going to grab a couple of hours of sleep so there might be some lag-time between when you get in the game and when I sign on. I'll probably make some basic tutorials tomorrow for various menus, but it really is very straightforward.

Ryuuga

Banned
Izayoi said:
Honestly the cash shop model has started to wear on me. Vindictus is a shining recent example of why I don't like cash shops and I think the game will be better off with just a monthly sub.

Several magnitudes of agreement, though I'm tired of Vindictus for much more reasons than stated above (primarily because my ISP throttles P2P games). Most F2P games are implementing these "Fatigue Systems" or "Playtime inhibitors" to control the hours people spend playing the game--Vindictus is one of the many that are cashing on that. That said, I'm not too fond of monthly subscriptions, though I don't mind having to pay a premium to get the initial software. I'll be there if and or when we get a domestic closed/open beta.

Insayne

Izayoi said:
Black logo looks great in-game.

My main (and guild founder) is named "Yin". You can send me a message by typing:

/w Yin messagehere

into the chat window. If you don't get a response I'm offline and will be on later. Probably going to grab a couple of hours of sleep so there might be some lag-time between when you get in the game and when I sign on. I'll probably make some basic tutorials tomorrow for various menus, but it really is very straightforward.

Anyway, see you all online soon.
The explanations would be very welcome :)

Izayoi

Banned
Ryuuga said:
I'll be there if and or when we get a domestic closed/open beta.
En Masse will apparently be running some several closed betas throughout the course of the year, and at least one open beta before release. There will also be a trial at launch, I believe.

Insayne said:
The explanations would be very welcome :)
Well, some basics. Launcher/options/character creation/main menu/controls translations:

http://www.terafans.com/topic/6525-terafans-kobt-translation

Some more tips:

Yellow Quests: Non-story quests
Orange/red Quests: Story quests
Blue quests: Guild quests

The five-man in the first area can be done with two people. Arveene and I were able were able to duo it without much trouble (Mystic/Berserker). We couldn't figure out how to do the three-man, but I assume that it's some kind of world boss or something.

Anyway, see you all online later today.

Insayne

As additional question, since most of us should have 150-350ms lag to Korea (NA/EU), how is it playable with that?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think someone mentioned that latency affects your skill timing regen or attack speed and compensates? So it doesn't feel laggy?

Might be 100% wrong.

Hobs

Neo Member
Just a small guide to get people started.

crT6Z.jpg

nRDXy.jpg

By doing this, you can filter out all the other chat in the game, stuff that you wouldn't understand without knowing Korean.

Izayoi

Banned
Insayne said:
As additional question, since most of us should have 150-350ms lag to Korea (NA/EU), how is it playable with that?
Very playable. I noticed zero lag during my five hours with the game.

Hazaro said:
I think someone mentioned that latency affects your skill timing regen or attack speed and compensates? So it doesn't feel laggy?

Might be 100% wrong.
It does affect you supposedly, but the lag was nonexistent when I played.

Noshino said:
Downloading awfully slow :C

Anyway, count me in
Did you see the beta client files that Hobs posted? If your download is going too slow for your tastes you can grab those and just patch them.

wrowa said:
I'm late but I would love to get a PM too :3
Sent.

Okay, bed for real now.

ueo119

Banned
Hazaro said:

Might be 100% wrong.

I don't think it feels laggy, but you're right some of your skills and auto attack will be about 2x slower than players in Korea. This is very noticeable for archers and mages.

Hobs

Neo Member
We're still figuring out how to create officers within the guild so that more people can invite.

In the meanwhile though, if you're not online when someone can invite is online and you don't mind the hassle you can type in:

/길드가입신청 GAF
/rlfemrkdlqtlscjd GAF

After you do this, it will ask you to type in a short message for your application.

You need to have Korean input to do this, this is to send a request for guild invite.

ueo119 said:
Since I'm not much of a pvp'er the only thing to do at 50 is run the two lvl 50 instances and farm crabs. I've farmed enough to get a nice amount of gold and I guess I wasn't good enough to tank the first instance.

First off, if you enjoy repetitive action RPGs such as PSO or Vindictus, you'll definitely like Tera. I've played the heck out of PSO and Vindictus and got a similar feel from Tera with a more MMO like world. Lancer plays very similar to the Fiona class from Vindictus, I loved it. 1-50 was very enjoyable.

Leveling up might've been a bit too easy. Most of the instance bosses have pretty similar attack patterns and I could block almost all of the damage. But at 50, the instance difficulty got jacked up. Part of it is probably due to the fact that my semi static group included a warrior. In a 5 player party system, having 2 tanks gimped us from the start. Still we had the first 50 instance on farm all the way up to the last boss. He has some attacks and an enrage where he could just blow through my block. Got close a couple times, but never could kill him. Then I took a break and when I came back, my static group left so I just been playing my alts periodically.

what's your conclusion on the skill level of this game? does it get boring and monotonous after a while, because there is no requirement for precision in controls like most mmorpgs? can you play sloppy and still win most encounters? i wouldn't like that.

2San said:
This youtube vid shows the difference between having 25-50 ping or having 250-300.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbRuXAnYing

so it looks like you can dismiss pvp if you decide to play in a different region.

Izayoi

Banned
Robobandit said:
well,

I took the plunge.. client is patching at home..

so what are you folks doing for game time? using the same place?
Yup, though you can use anywhere really as long as they say they'll email you the code.

I'll be on again in two hours or so.

Top Bottom