• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

Izayoi said:
See if you can find someone to play it with. Seems like there are a couple of people interested on GAF that might be trying the Korean version out. If there's enough interest I can create a guild.

I'm interested! PM sent. ^^

Zeal

Banned
just wanted to say that the performance of this game is phenomenal, by the way. i have ran the game on both old and new hardware with various settings, all the way to maximum, and it performs beautifully. it's obvious to me that the way the engine was written not only allows for the hands down best visuals i've ever seen in an MMO, but a very smooth and consistent framerate. the textures are crisp and detailed and everything supports a surprisingly high polygon count, all the way down to mobs, npcs, and environments. the animation is also a sight to behold and looks motion captured at times.

i'm not trying to sound like a shill with such lavish praise, i'm just amazed that i can finally say a korean MMO is a true winner and keep a straight face. i have not had this much fun with an online game since the days of PSO on dreamcast.

CaLe

I'm most definitely interested in the Korean version. Is it Legal to play it ?

Either way, count me in if you're looking to start a guild, I'd also appreciate a PM.

I'm watching the stream and it looks phenomenal.

Zeal said:
just wanted to say that the performance of this game is phenomenal, by the way. i have ran the game on both old and new hardware with various settings, all the way to maximum, and it performs beautifully.

I'm curious, but how many characters on screen are we talking about here? And how old is old? List your old hardware so we have a clue.

Zeal said:
i'm not trying to sound like a shill with such lavish praise, i'm just amazed that i can finally say a korean MMO is a true winner and keep a straight face. i have not had this much fun with an online game since the days of PSO on dreamcast.
That makes me want to download faster, I miss those DC PSO days so bad.

Insayne

I would like to join in as well. Might one of you be so kind and send ne a PM too?

And thanks for the answers, tera sounds lovely :)

The M.O.B

So the only way to try it out is to buy a Korean account?

.............i'll patiently wait for the NA play test.

EDIT: Send me a PM, whatever it is. :D

Izayoi

Banned
Alucrid said:
Panda riding a flying horse solidified this as a buy. No announcements on a US release?
Later this year.

Lebron said:
Don't you need to go through that harry potter magic to find a decent IP? They own ya quick
No, only for the beta. And VPNs aren't difficult to use, just slow.

If you haven't received a PM let me know. There were a lot of requests to respond to.

The actual guild will be made in-game soon.

CaLe

Izayoi said:
Later this year.

No, only for the beta. And VPNs aren't difficult to use, just slow.

If you haven't received a PM let me know. There were a lot of requests to respond to.

The actual guild will be made in-game soon.

Didn't receive one :)

Hobs

Neo Member
I saw some Korean open beta client links that are on those file sites (fileserve, filesonic, etc.)

I wonder how useful they are.

There's a warning not to speak any language except Korean in-game lol. Hope there is team/guild chat.

Hmm I did a google search for the site and there are some complaints about it. Doesn't look too bad and it's just a $10-20 gamble with a chance of a great reward... hmm! And you can use Paypal and not give your CC info and such.

Izayoi

Banned
Heavy said:
There's a warning not to speak any language except Korean in-game lol. Hope there is team/guild chat.

Hmm I did a google search for the site and there are some complaints about it. Doesn't look too bad and it's just a $10-20 gamble with a chance of a great reward... hmm! And you can use Paypal and not give your CC info and such.
There is.

Sending out more PMs.

wwm0nkey

Heavy said:

Thats the rule for this stuff, same applies to Monster Hunter: Frontier and the DragonBall MMO.

ZiZ

I'm really looking forward to this especially after how much of a disappointment FFXIV was.

hopefully I can find some friends to play with.

LowParry

ZiZ said:
I'm really looking forward to this especially after how much of a disappointment FFXIV was.

hopefully I can find some friends to play with.

I'm debating if I want to go through with this or not. I'm on the fence when earlier today that I was going to take a break from MMOs till ToR came out. But this game looks really good.

wwm0nkey

Broadbandito said:
So buy the game, pay for a membership then play the game in korean?
Well Koreans dont do retail boxes so its more like, pay $10 for an account and then play-time. Also there are English patches people use for stuff like this.

Morn

Banned
Robobandit said:
not going to play afterall..

site is likely selling stolen accounts.. doesn't sit well with me.

particularly giving them my personal information to place an order..
Exactly. Funny how people are anti-piracy, but they don't mind buying stolen MMO accounts.

CaLe

Izayoi said:
They aren't stolen. People sell their SSNs for use with the site. In any case, it seems like you guys bought everything at the site I was sending out. I'll try to find another place, asking around now.

My bad, only the "Premium" accounts where sold out (according to Customer Service), the "Verfied" accounts are still available.

From what I understood, "Verified" accounts need to be "re-enabled" if they get "locked"... Which means paying. That's all I understood from customer service.

And they wouldn't budge regarding the phone policy...

Izayoi

Banned
CaLe said:
My bad, only the "Premium" accounts where sold out (according to Customer Service), the "Verfied" accounts are still available.

From what I understood, "Verified" accounts need to be "re-enabled" if they get "locked"... Which means paying. That's all I understood from customer service.

And they wouldn't budge regarding the phone policy...
Ooohhh, that. No, basically the Premium thing is for actual Koreans who are under 18. The game is 18+ so you need an adult SSN to activate the account.

That's what that is.

Izayoi said:
They aren't stolen. People sell their SSNs for use with the site. In any case, it seems like you guys bought everything at the site I was sending out. Found another place.

do you mean there are no more accounts at the site u sent me in the link? :(

Izayoi said:
They aren't stolen. People sell their SSNs for use with the site. In any case, it seems like you guys bought everything at the site I was sending out. Found another place.

in the FAQ on the page, it says "sometimes people steal back the account, but it only happens rarely" that makes me think that the accounts are not legitimately purchased.

That's a much more likely scenario than someone selling their SSN to a company to create game accounts for sale. Under what circumstances would someone sell their "identity" to a RMT vendor so that the accounts could be re-sold?

That just doesn't make sense to me.

Keep the screenshots rolling in, though!

CaLe

Izayoi said:
Ooohhh, that. No, basically the Premium thing is for actual Koreans who are under 18. The game is 18+ so you need an adult SSN to activate the account.

That's what that is.

Ah, that explains it, thanks.

Customer Service sure didn't.... explain it... properly :)

Izayoi

Banned
Robobandit said:
in the FAQ on the page, it says "sometimes people steal back the account, but it only happens rarely" that makes me think that the accounts are not legitimately purchased.

That's a much more likely scenario than someone selling their SSN to a company to create game accounts for sale. Under what circumstances would someone sell their "identity" to a RMT vendor so that the accounts could be re-sold?

That just doesn't make sense to me.

Keep the screenshots rolling in, though!
Each SSN can have three accounts attached to it. It's fairly common to sell the use of your SSN, as they don't mean anywhere near as much to them as they do to us (it's actually possible to generate a KSNN with a program). They are most likely not talking about Hangame accounts, as they're free to create. There's no reason to steal something that's free.

Top Bottom