• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA Online

Izayoi said:
Yup, though you can use anywhere really as long as they say they'll email you the code.

I'll be on again in two hours or so.

That site says they need the user name and password, though.. do you know of any site that will just give you the code to enter?

Izayoi

Banned
Robobandit said:
That site says they need the user name and password, though.. do you know of any site that will just give you the code to enter?
You don't. Just tell them to send you the code. I contacted customer support and they sent me the code and I applied it myself.

wwm0nkey said:
So anyway to change my ID and Password on the site?
Well, you can change your password and email, and you'll probably want to do both. Give me a second, making a guide on how to do it now.

Izayoi

Banned
Changing Hangame account information tutorial. Be sure you're using either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 32-bit. (Chrome works for this but not for client downloading. Who knows.)

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the highlighted box.
lqHw9.png

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the highlighted box.
56waQ.png

Enter your username and password and then log in.
H2yRs.png

Re-enter your password and then enter the last seven digits of your KSSN.
m4xB1.png

Follow the instructions on the image to modify your account information.
VHBnq.png

Password change dialogue box.
l6ZlU.png

Important to hit the large orange "okay" button on the main information page after you change stuff (including your password).

i'm at 1%..yaay.

the game is 22 freakin gigs though so i guess its not necessarily a 'slow' download

edit: does it matter when i change my password? like, should i finihs downloading the client first before i change it or can i change it anytime? thanks for the tutorial btw

Got an account and trying to get the client now. What speeds is everyone getting from the official download? I am trying to download the open beta files posted by Hobs but since I don't have accounts at any of the hosting options I can only do "Slow download" option and it's about 300-400kb / s on a 20MB download connection...

Izayoi

Banned
bigboss370 said:
i'm at 1%..yaay.

the game is 22 freakin gigs though so i guess its not necessarily a 'slow' download

edit: does it matter when i change my password? like, should i finihs downloading the client first before i change it or can i change it anytime? thanks for the tutorial btw
You can change it whenever you want. If your download is too slow you might consider downloading the open beta files.

demonkaze said:
Also thinking about jumping in on the Korean retail, what server are you guys planning on playing on?
Check out page two (four if you're using 50 posts per page). Updated the OP right now with all of the info that's been spread out over the past couple of pages.

wwm0nkey said:
Its patching now, probably going to skip over the English patch though as it seems super annoying to get running.
Yeah, I haven't bothered with it yet.

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Got an account and trying to get the client now. What speeds is everyone getting from the official download? I am trying to download the open beta files posted by Hobs but since I don't have accounts at any of the hosting options I can only do "Slow download" option and it's about 300-400kb / s on a 20GB download connection...
The official download is usually slower than that. I got an average of 300KB/s. Some people have been faster, others slower. With a 20MB connection you could probably run both and just see which one finishes first.

Anyone know how to do the tag that only lets GAF members see the contents by quoting? I thought it was but I guess I'm wrong.

Pirabear

Banned
Haven't played/enjoyed an MMO since Ragnarok Online, but this game looks fantastic in terms of art and gameplay. Been meaning to buy a gaming PC or laptop for almost 2 years, and this game might finally push me over the edge.

I wonder.. is the 30 days of game time a standard 30 day play window like the US or is it 30x24 hours of playtime?

When I played CN Aion, you bought X number of hours and it was hours of actual gameplay..

right now I'm thinking it counts a day when you log in and you can play as much as you want in that day and the next day you log in, it counts another day.

Izayoi

Banned
Alright guys, HUGE update to the second post of the thread.

If you have questions, please check the second post of the thread to see if they have already been answered.

Lots of very useful information.

Robobandit said:
I wonder.. is the 30 days of game time a standard 30 day play window like the US or is it 30x24 hours of playtime?

When I played CN Aion, you bought X number of hours and it was hours of actual gameplay..

right now I'm thinking it counts a day when you log in and you can play as much as you want in that day and the next day you log in, it counts another day.
I'm unsure, but I'm willing to bet it's a standard one-month subscription (based off the prices). It is possible that you're correct, though. I guess we'll find out in a month.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ok the client is@ 100% download buuuuuuut... how do I install it? I've tried pretty much all the exe's in the folder.

Izayoi

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
It's giving me an error. Initialization has failed, please try again. Ugh.
Try running it as Administrator.

Also, make sure your Han Purple folder is in your root C:\ drive, not in your Program Files.

Do you have a Steam account?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ok, I changed my password and what not although I'm not sure if any of it worked. I guess i will find out when I go to log in lol

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Can't login :-/

Whenever I try, the username/pass section in the launcher changes to something with 4 panels and I don't know what it says.

edit: wait, I still haven't even entered my game time code.

Hobs said:
Did you add gametime yet?

Yea gotta find out how to do this.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Went through the process of adding gametime, browser crashed when I clicked the final verify step, now the redo is stuck in limbo and I still can't log in :(

_Tetsuo2k_ is my steam ID.

I caved and purchased a 30 day subscription for Hotfile. Around 1 hour remaining now. :]

I might actually get to play this tonight depending on how long the patch takes.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
lol@ this not working for me at ALL. The steps that I took just before to get to the screen so I could add the key for my gametime has transformed into something where I have to recover my entire account, it appears. And of course, most of it is in Korean inside of pictures so I can't copy/paste the text for translation.

edit: holy shit I somehow got through that >.>

Hobs

Neo Member
wwm0nkey said:
Level 9 already, game is A LOT of fun.

Before you go into the portal at around level 11 to fight the boss in the instance, maybe you should find one of us to group up. I beat it solo and was not able to continue, hopefully it is because it is forcing me to group or something.

wwm0nkey

Hobs said:
Before you go into the portal at around level 11 to fight the boss in the instance, maybe you should find one of us to group up. I beat it solo and was not able to continue, hopefully it is because it is forcing me to group or something.
I still need to beat a few quests first, sadly I can not read what I have to do for those quests even though a majority are just killing quests.

Hobs

Neo Member
_tetsuo_ said:
Yaaay Gameguard is updating. I think that means im in there. WHat class did you guys roll?

I'm playing a lancer right now, waiting for someone else to get to the end boss so I can advance with my priest.

Izayoi

Banned
Please post in the thread when you get in. I'll send you a PM with the vent info and the character that I'm currently on.

_tetsuo_ said:
Yaaay Gameguard is updating. I think that means im in there. WHat class did you guys roll?
I've got one of every class but my main is a Berserker. Right now I'm on my Warrior.

Would anyone mind purchasing some game time for me?

I'll be glad to send you money via paypal.. I just don't like the whole calling to confirm the order thing that the site does..

It seems like e-mail verification would be enough..

PM me if you're up for it.

Robobandit said:
Would anyone mind purchasing some game time for me?

I'll be glad to send you money via paypal.. I just don't like the whole calling to confirm the order thing that the site does..

It seems like e-mail verification would be enough..

PM me if you're up for it.

They don't call for gametime purchases, just to set up the account. They immediately e-mail you the gametime codes and then you can find the instructions on how to add the time to your Hangame account on their site.

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
They don't call for gametime purchases, just to set up the account. They immediately e-mail you the gametime codes and then you can find the instructions on how to add the time to your Hangame account on their site.

Oh, ok.

That I can deal with.

Izayoi

Banned
By the way, I'm on Yin and will be on her for the foreseeable future.

/w Yin yourmessage

I'll invite you to the guild.

Proven

I literally just heard about this game today. It's on my radar for now, but it'll have to beat out a couple of other games when it releases to get me to play regularly...

I'll be back for the open beta at least.

CaLe

How easy is it to add game-time ?

I'm thinking of adding 3 hours only for now, just to see how I like the game and what-not.

Top Bottom