• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaRyu said:
Oh yeah, since its a new world, Skeletron hasnt been defeated yet.

No one kill him until we get a few more people on. So if you want to participate in the Skeletron brawl, drop on by. Be warned though, the fight will go by pretty quick if there's more than 3 people. :p

Do it tonight?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
demosthenes said:
Do it tonight?

Maybe. I'd like a general consensus as to when we should.

To make things more fun, possibly summon Eye of Cthulu at the same time while we fight Skeletron. **CACKLE**

kazinova

HaRyu said:

To make things more fun, possibly summon Eye of Cthulu at the same time while we fight Skeletron. **CACKLE**
Is the IP the same as the one on the first page of this thread?

Retro

Nobody get too committed to the new world as it's actually kind of a crappy layout since I built the tutorial between two big chunks of corruption. Eventually it will be in a better place.

Glad we got a chance to fire it up though, I can see I'm gonna need to add a few things to the little tutorial area and give the guide a better house (he doesn't seem to like the one I made him).

Glad people are liking the tutorial too, lots of compliments and hopefully everyone is getting some useful information in a useful way (i.e. explain a concept then show an example). I did go ahead and stock the dungeon a bit so people can get the torches / swords / free copper as the signs indicate. Guide isn't where he should be, but just across the water... in ClosingADoor's new house. Looks like you've been evicted, dude =p

I'd be down with Skeletron massacre, though the time would need to be Europe-friendly, so if it's around this time (I'd just get home from work), that'd be cool.

HaRyu said:

Well I know I'll be on around when Sofa is which should be 10:30-11ish est, I may be on sooner but time will tell! :p

Relax.MX

HenryHSH said:
One of your NPCs? I believe if you Save & Exit they return to their homes/rooms.

It was the first time I saw (well second but at first did not know I had to make a house and let him go, and I found him hours later in the underground) is the guide, I made a small house down but I want this in my main house

God damnit, this annoys me like hell. So I'm standing on top of my platform, having the suspicious eye selected, waiting for nighttime so I can summon the Eye again for more demonite. What happens? Fucking blood moon. Okay, I say, it's alright. You'll wait for the next night after this is over. So I did. And what happens. ANOTHER fucking blood moon!

Giard

Just got this game. Looks like great fun.

I have a question though...how do NPCs get in a house/room? I know there must be a table and a chair, but usually my NPCs just fall somewhere deep in a cave, or are pretty far from my house. Are they intelligent enough to just walk to their room?

Drek

Giard said:
Just got this game. Looks like great fun.

I have a question though...how do NPCs get in a house/room? I know there must be a table and a chair, but usually my NPCs just fall somewhere deep in a cave, or are pretty far from my house. Are they intelligent enough to just walk to their room?
Yes. They'll walk to it and even if you didn't build it so that they can actually enter your house (they don't jump as well as your character) they'll end up in their room the next time you load the game up, or so I've been told. Seems to be holding true so far.

Relax.MX

Drek said:
Yes. They'll walk to it and even if you didn't build it so that they can actually enter your house (they don't jump as well as your character) they'll end up in their room the next time you load the game up, or so I've been told. Seems to be holding true so far.

The same thing happens if I first encountered under ground?

Teknoman

I would really like to see more items added to the game. The base gameplay is already pretty great with it's sandbox nature...but a ton of different equipment pieces would just propel the game into the stratosphere.

I feel kind of stuck after getting molten armor and beating the bosses.. I miss playing this game but there's nothing to do at the moment. The building isn't very fun.

I have about 35 hours so far.

Teknoman said:
I would really like to see more items added to the game. The base gameplay is already pretty great with it's sandbox nature...but a ton of different equipment pieces would just propel the game into the stratosphere.
I rather have them adding more furniture. Also stuff like paintings, windows, etc. I saw an image of some new things a few pages back, hopefully they get around to adding that soon.

Edit: lol, I have already played this for 9 hours and didn't even do that much. Just got my copper helmet :D

Wired

Just as my creative juices had started flowing, well at least it has given me the opportunity to get something to drink, was dying of thirst there for a while.

Oh, and I'm Wired in there

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry folks, a dog tripped/chewed on an ethernet cable. All good now.

As for the Steam group, was thinking about that, would you guys like one?

profit

HaRyu said:
Sorry folks, a dog tripped chewed on an ethernet cable. All good now.

As for the Steam group, was thinking about that, would you guys like one?
Yeah a Steam group would be really nice :)

elwes

I can't find a good answer to this, so I'll ask here.

Can you have multiple merchants on the same map? Friend and I just built a waystation underground to set our spawn point at as well as attract another merchant, but now I'm reading that multiple NPC's of the same type is a glitch?

fna84 said:
Where can I find meteorites?

When you break Shadow Orbs in the corruption, there's a chance a meteorite will crash somewhere into your world.

elwes said:

Can you have multiple merchants on the same map? Friend and I just built a waystation underground to set our spawn point at as well as attract another merchant, but now I'm reading that multiple NPC's of the same type is a glitch?

I'm fairly certain you can have multiple merchants and I think even nurses. For the merchants, the amassed coins between all players must hit a certain number.

MNC

Okay, the game is pretty fun and there's loads to discover.

...But I have a friend who's playing 12 hours a day (yes, literally.) and we have a server and keeps getting waaaaaaay ahead of things, which is a bit of a downer. :/ Plus he looks up everything on the wiki.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
elwes said:

Becquerel said:
I'm fairly certain you can have multiple merchants and I think even nurses. For the merchants, the amassed coins between all players must hit a certain number.

Yes, maximum three merchants, and two nurses. Impossible to do if all you do is single player (merchants is based on total money carried by everyone on the server, nurses bases on total amount of max HP on the server)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
MNC said:

...But I have a friend who's playing 12 hours a day (yes, literally.) and we have a server and keeps getting waaaaaaay ahead of things, which is a bit of a downer. :/ Plus he looks up everything on the wiki.

Happened to me as well. One of my friends cleared out the dungeon and found cloud in a bottle and rocket boots for me, crafted me a lightsaber and got all the ore i'll ever need. Now, Why would I even play anymore? He's done everything. That's why I won't play unless my group is on so no one gets passed up.

elwes

HaRyu said:
Yes, maximum three merchants, and two nurses. Impossible to do if all you do is single player (merchants is based on total money carried by everyone on the server, nurses bases on total amount of max HP on the server)

Do you know how much money? It's gotten to the point where we're probably going to be staying underground since we're so far down. Our first merchant takes forever to get back to.

MNC said:

I knew that I would be that friend when my buddy joined me, so I made a new character and only play on his world when he's around to play. I just play SP when he's not around. I might start playing on the GAF server to alleviate boredom when my friend's not around. Is that cool with everybody?

kevm3

Yeah this game is a lot more fun and lasts a lot longer if you only use guides when you have absolutely no idea what to do next. Takes away a lot of the exploration if you're looking up where to find all the best equipment and making a beeline for it.

Me and a friend have been playing for a while, we made it to hell, but we got killed by a bunch of firebats. We got ourselves some gold swords since we were barely doing any damage, so we barely have armor, only the silver helmet so far.

We explore the overworld for a while, and we found an old guy that transformed into this giant ass skeleton that killed us, that was out of nowhere. Then we went the other way and we found a corrupted area. What can we do in this area? I heard something about the sunflowers, but they don't see to do anything (we can't plant them there anyway), and those things do lots of damage. Especially this worm that does like 14 dmg per hit. D=

So yeah, we are kinda stuck in what to do. Get more material for armor?

Voidguts

profit said:
Joined! I was Soraxas on the server but I downloaded a tool to change your player name so I will now be Profit!

ooo, I've been wanting to do this - can you link the program/thread/whatever?

Inkwell

Banned
I love the idea behind the game, but had a really terrible map generate. It made the game much too difficult for me. I put something like 10 hours into a medium sized world before realizing I wanted a new one. I think the new small world I created will be much better for balance and exploration in single player.

Also joined the steam group.

kevm3

Sgt.Pepper said:
Me and a friend have been playing for a while, we made it to hell, but we got killed by a bunch of firebats. We got ourselves some gold swords since we were barely doing any damage, so we barely have armor, only the silver helmet so far.

We explore the overworld for a while, and we found an old guy that transformed into this giant ass skeleton that killed us, that was out of nowhere. Then we went the other way and we found a corrupted area. What can we do in this area? I heard something about the sunflowers, but they don't see to do anything (we can't plant them there anyway), and those things do lots of damage. Especially this worm that does like 14 dmg per hit. D=

So yeah, we are kinda stuck in what to do. Get more material for armor?

Mine for silver/gold armor would be a nice step. Armor is VERY important in this game.

Sunflowers stop the spread of corrupted areas.They are like the boundary zones for orruption. You can eventually purchase them and purification powder, which peels back corrupted areas, from the dryad.

Mdeezy

Im on my third day of playing this and I still dont know what the hell Im doing lol. Just working on my house and digging underground:( :)

johnsmith

remember me
Retro said:
Keep at it. You're at the lull point between common metals and more exotic goods that requires you to tangle with some bosses who are kind of poorly built (at least, that's what the Devs have been saying lately).

It gets better once you're over the initial hump of bosses. The dungeon is full of great loot and Hell is fairly interesting. There's also the underground jungle worth considering (and really, you could do that now and get some more loot).

All you need to do to spawn the Eater is smash some Shadow Orbs. If you've killed the Eye of Cthulu, you can get the Dryad to move in. She sells Purification Powder, which turns Ebonstone (the dark stone in the corruption) to normal stone. Alternatively, you can get a rotten chunk (common drop from devourers) and vile powder (made from Vile mushrooms) to make Worm Food.

To get the Nightmare Pickaxe, all you need are 6 scales. Each segment of his body can drop up to three and he's made up of quite a few segments. Once is all you'll ever need, honestly. Even if you don't defeat him, you'll probably still get enough scales from the fight that you won't need to. Unless something has changed, the Eater usually despawns if you take too long or die.

Once you've got the nightmare pickaxe, it's a quick jump to Obsidian (for an obsidian skull) and then you can move to Meteorites and Hellstone.

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed! That doesn't sound so bad.

Forkball

So I finally got the hang of this game and I've been playing co-op. This game is awesome. It took a while to get into because the building aspect is a bit monotonous and your starting weapons suck, but now I have some gold weapons, some cool tools like double jump and a grappling hook, saw some crazy crap above and underground, and co-op is really awesome and makes things more fun. There's so much to see, I'm always amazed at the cool stuff I find underground. It doesn't have Minecraft's atmosphere or focus on building, but it does so many other things right. Getting this for $2.50 was a steal.

Sgt.Pepper said:
Me and a friend have been playing for a while, we made it to hell, but we got killed by a bunch of firebats.
WRONG. You got killed by the firebats, I valiantly committed suicide but jumping into the lava.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom