• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Grimm Fandango said:
If I smash a few Shadow Orbs within a few minutes of each other, will I lose out on any meteorite crash sites?

According to the wiki, 50% chance at midnight every time you smash an orb, for it to generate a meteorite. Normally, that chance is just 2%.

If you smash more than one on the same day, you only get the 50% chance for that day (as opposed to smashing one a day).

Paprikka

Grimm Fandango said:
If I smash a few Shadow Orbs within a few minutes of each other, will I lose out on any meteorite crash sites?

As far as I can tell you do. I forgot about the meteor crashes after finding 4-5 of them and smashed them all in a row, with a small break to let the Eater of Worlds despawn. I got a meteor crash the next night, but I haven't gotten another since.

HenryHSH

I added a bunch of you from the steam group.

edit: Also, some group crazy stats.
17 members
Steam Rating: 8.9
Playing time: 485.3 hrs this week
Member Avg: 28.5 hrs past 2 weeks

Mdeezy said:
Yeah i know. I keep remodeling my house and so far I have the chick with the green hair, the guide and the old guy as squatters lol
Hmmm... you have a Dryad but not a Nurse or Demolitionist? Make sure you have some suitable rooms opened up!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Log4Girlz said:
How high up can i find sky islands?

Depends on the map size (from the wiki):

• Small map - 100-475 ft. (430-475 ft is your best bet, but some have been known to spawn in the high 500's and low 300's 350-375)
  • Medium map - 500-700ft (650ft is your best bet).
  • Large map - 500-900ft. (You may be able to see a floating island at 450)

Those are the usual heights, but they can sometime be out of the range suggested.

I am an addict.

And I also can't stop playing this game! I told both my friend and my other brother that I'd gift this game to them. That's how much I love it. I don't even know why. Normally I get bored with games pretty easy, but this one I just started and couldn't stop for some reason. I lose track of time. It's insane. And I'm nowhere near the amount of stuff that you guys have yet. I'm still trying to collect enough gold for the golden pickaxe.

Mordeccai

I absolutely hate hornets. And maneaters. Mainly because the weapons I have completely blow. A golden sword, golden bow, fire arrows, and enchanted boomerang do nothing to these fuckers. I was loving this game, until I had to start farming vines which never drop! Its just a pain in the ass to run into 8+ hornets and have to spam click for three minutes before I can move a few feet, to run into another group. -____-

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Mordeccai said:
I absolutely hate hornets. And maneaters. Mainly because the weapons I have completely blow. A golden sword, golden bow, fire arrows, and enchanted boomerang do nothing to these fuckers. I was loving this game, until I had to start farming vines which never drop! Its just a pain in the ass to run into 8+ hornets and have to spam click for three minutes before I can move a few feet, to run into another group. -____-

Gold tier equipment isnt really suitable for the Jungle... you really shouldn't even be there yet. The outer fringes of the jungle/underground jungle, maybe, but not any further than that.

Mordeccai

HaRyu said:
Gold tier equipment isnt really suitable for the Jungle... you really shouldn't even be there yet. The outer fringes of the jungle/underground jungle, maybe, but not any further than that.

Hrmm, so where should I head to next? I beat the Eye of Cthulu the other day and thus got some demonite, I saved it rather than craft weapons with it. Should I make one of those weapons and head into the jungle?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Mordeccai said:
Hrmm, so where should I head to next? I beat the Eye of Cthulu the other day and thus got some demonite, I saved it rather than craft weapons with it. Should I make one of those weapons and head into the jungle?

Make some demonite tiered equipment (at least a Nightmare pickaxe), because you won't be able to get high end ores w/o Nightmare or Molten Pickaxe. If you have enough, you can make Shadow Armor. Essentially, you need to start making equipment higher than Gold, at this point, you should be able to make meteor or demonite-tier equipment.

Once you've got some better equipment that isnt gold, then you can attempt any of the three high-end biomes. As personal preference, I actually do jungle last (I tend to do hell->dungeon-jungle).

HaRyu said:

When I first went to the jungle I was using the iron sword, gold helmet, and copper armor / legs. My friend was using iron armor and a grass staff thing that can plant grass on dirt. We actually made it all the way down to the lava before we called it a night.

Maybe it's just because there were two of us we didn't have any problems?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
VGChampion said:
When I first went to the jungle I was using the iron sword, gold helmet, and copper armor / legs. My friend was using iron armor and a grass staff thing that can plant grass on dirt. We actually made it all the way down to the lava before we called it a night.

Maybe it's just because there were two of us we didn't have any problems?

That would be it. Hard to do jungle solo if you dont have the equipment.

At least if you're with someone, the enemies will sometimes focus on your buddies while you run away and get the loot. :p

Log4Girlz said:
Where do I find hell? If I dig down deep, I keep striking lakes of lava.

Keep digging straight down. When you start seeing demons and lots of ash, you're there.

Log4Girlz said:
Where do I find hell? If I dig down deep, I keep striking lakes of lava.
Go around the lava and keep going deeper... there's a large layer of underground caverns with lava pools dispersed throughout before you reach the underworld.

How would you guys feel about a map in the game? It would only show the places you've been, unvisited areas would be all black. But it would be very useful to see where your various tunnels are.

Somnid

I started a small world and it seems like I'm boxed in from every side. To left, jungle, to the bottom, jungle, to the right corruption. My gear is starting to become mostly gold but it seems all I can do is endlessly mine until I get lucky and hit some gold while all sides of my world kick my ass.

I suppose I could go back to the large world but I really don't know what I'm looking to do at this stage.

Concept17

Grimm Fandango said:
How would you guys feel about a map in the game? It would only show the places you've been, unvisited areas would be all black. But it would be very useful to see where your various tunnels are.

Would take away from the game quite a bit I think. Its nice going back to an area you haven't been to in awhile and sort of rediscovering it. Also with a map you would be less likely to ever travel to certain places again.

Drazgul

I did my first bouts of exploring in the jungle even before I got full golden gear - couldn't go too far obviously, but just enough to get the chakrum.

johnsmith

remember me
Yay, finally got my shadow scales. Now i need to get some more demonite.

I farmed the mushrooms and rotten meat for the worm food summoning item. Summoned the eater of worlds, and I must have run too far away from the corruption or something because it said the boss was defeated. It must have despawned or something. But this let me get the dryad NPC. I bought some purification powder and used that to smash some shadow orbs, and spawned the boss again. This time i was able to destroy enough pieces before dying to get the scales i needed.

So now I'm afraid I'm going to remain addicted for a while longer.

duckroll

Atomski said:
The hell armor lights up in the vanity slot... well when your moving anyways.

The mining helmet definitely doesn't light up when it's in the vanity slot.

Log4Girlz said:
i'm dreading taking on the eater of worlds. I have gold armor and a light's bane. I feel naked.

Eater of Worlds is pretty easy. Just build a huge long platform covering the ground and keeping other enemies out. Run along the platform while fighting him. Make sure you have healing items, and a Starfury sword with tons of MP helps too, since you can just spam it while it's in the air over you and let the stars hit it.

It also helps to have at least 2 people doing it, and build a bedroom right under the platform so you can take turns respawning at the boss fight to prevent the boss from despawning with either player is killed.

When you want to sell something to the merchant, does that price that appear means the worth of a single item or the whole bunch? Like if I want to sell Amethyst it says 3 gold 33 silver, that's the price of the whole bunch correct?

Firehead

Sgt.Pepper said:
When you want to sell something to the merchant, does that price that appears means the worth of a single item or the whole bunch? Like if I want to sell Amethyst it says 3 gold 33 silver, that's the price of the whole bunch correct?
Correct.

Right, I ran into a glitch that duplicates my gold treasure chest any time I open the door to my house... so, that's weird.

Twinduct

Have they spoken about "official" mod support yet? I mean since they mentioned looking into it sometime ago?

(Just wants a MH themed mod, that's all)

Inkwell said:
Wow. So I just realized that my character is persistent across all worlds I create. This is actually pretty awesome.

Yes. If you want to start over, you need to make a new character.
Though there's only a limited space for new characters (3 I think).

HenryHSH

Becquerel said:
Yes. If you want to start over, you need to make a new character.
Though there's only a limited space for new characters (3 I think).

At this pace I'll need more than 3 slots. I pretty much did everything there is to do on my first character. I have every weapon, all armor sets and have explored all there is to explore. I'm so overpowered, the bosses have become a joke. I've spent a total of 27 hours, with the last few hours spent mining with new players on the server and giving them the ores and accessories I collect.

I haven't spent this many consecutive hours on a game in years. The last game was probably Morrowind when it came out.

Twinduct

HenryHSH said:
At this pace I'll need more than 3 slots. I pretty much did everything there is to do on my first character. I have every weapon, all armor sets and have explored all there is to explore. I'm so overpowered, the bosses have become a joke. I've spent a total of 27 hours, with the last few hours spent mining with new players on the server and giving them the ores and accessories I collect.

I haven't spent this many consecutive hours on a game in years. The last game was probably Morrowind when it came out.

Wait for 1.06 before restarting a char. Seems the balanced tweaks makes for a different experience (or so it's claimed).

Twinduct

You what I really want? Some more procedural generated terrains on existing worlds. Perhaps like a small world+. So then when new updates come out, you just explore past the set left or right and have some of the new bios/ features set on world creation.

I can also imagine this being insanely useful for MP servers. Doubt it will ever come to that though.

Dreavus

Twinduct said:
You what I really want? Some more procedural generated terrains on existing worlds. Perhaps like a small world+. So then when new updates come out, you just explore past the set left or right and have some of the new bios/ features set on world creation.

I can also imagine this being insanely useful for MP servers. Doubt it will ever come to that though.

I'd love something like that. Or maybe it could terraform around the buildings you already have. Like, say, a 10-20 block zone around your stuff stays the same, but the rest gets mixed up with new stuff.

Grinchy

Banned
HenryHSH said:

lol you are a beast at Minecraft and Terraria. I am at 38 hours and I have barely touched my underground jungle or Hell. I haven't even killed the old man yet. I've also owned it since it came out but I took a break somewhere along the line. I just play slow, I guess.

Nelo Ice

Banned
i can see why this game is so addictive now got it for when it was $2.50 and wow im hooked
played 9.7 hours so far with my cousins and i cant wait to get better gear find new materials or build something new

HenryHSH

Twinduct said:
Wait for 1.06 before restarting a char. Seems the balanced tweaks makes for a different experience (or so it's claimed).

The update sounds great. I like the added challenge of not being able to use potions during battle.

Grinchy said:
lol you are a beast at Minecraft and Terraria. I am at 38 hours and I have barely touched my underground jungle or Hell. I haven't even killed the old man yet. I've also owned it since it came out but I took a break somewhere along the line. I just play slow, I guess.

LOL. You probably build things though. Minecraft burnt me out on building mega structures so I have tiny rooms (enough to fit a table and chair) for my NPCs and a basement full of chests. I spent all my time mining and defeating the forces of evil. :d

phosphor112 said:
Just hit 400hp...

I'm ready to punch my face in. This grind is brutal.

Until I reached the jungle, I was having a hard time finding heart crystals. I maxed out my HP and found around 10 extra hearts that I gave away from one jungle session.

Fuck me, I was in the middle of the fucking Corruption and the god damn Eye of Cthulhu came out. I took him down to fucking 400hp, but I died. Apparntly, pressing H uses up the SMALLEST health pot you have in your inventory, and getting hit by not only that fucker, but all those soul eaters as well, makes a situation where it's not easy to bring up the item menu and pull out the proper Pots.

-___-

Mordeccai

Holy damn this game just improved ten fold. Instead of venturing in the jungle I went to the corruption and broke two orbs, got me a ball o hurt and a musket. Next day, Meteor falls near the ocean on the other side of the map, so I mine the hell out of it and make a phase blade and store the rest of my bars.

Literally two minutes after I make my blade a goblin army comes! Defeat those bitches after they manage to kill all of my npc's, and the last goblin drops rocket boots. Made for quite the intense 45 minute long session!

Enco

phosphor112 said:
Fuck me, I was in the middle of the fucking Corruption and the god damn Eye of Cthulhu came out. I took him down to fucking 400hp, but I died. Apparntly, pressing H uses up the SMALLEST health pot you have in your inventory, and getting hit by not only that fucker, but all those soul eaters as well, makes a situation where it's not easy to bring up the item menu and pull out the proper Pots.

-___-
Pretty sure pressing H uses the potion further at the top of your inventory so put the ones you want to use before all the others.

I still haven't gotten a goblin invasion :(

Sophia

Enco said:
Pretty sure pressing H uses the potion further at the top of your inventory so put the ones you want to use before all the others.

Correct. Same is true of Mana-restoration items.

confuziz

Banned
I still don't get the house thing. I have made a pretty big house of stone and stone wall, complete with doors and all the other stuff that's needed, but the guide isn't coming back in. What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom