• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, so I'm having trouble getting port forwarding working on my computer despite following numerous guides etc. Would getting Hamachi be a workaround for this? I don't really know how that works or anything.

Enco

PigSpeakers said:
Hey, so I'm having trouble getting port forwarding working on my computer despite following numerous guides etc. Would getting Hamachi be a workaround for this? I don't really know how that works or anything.
Hamachi will be fine.

It's pretty easy to figure out so you won't need a guide.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
PigSpeakers said:

Like Enco said, Hamachi as a workaround is fine.

I'm curious, what part of the port forwarding you having trouble with? And which guides were you following?

Well, the main part I'm having trouble with is, no matter what I do , port 7777 is not open. I followed the guide at portforward.com. I created a static IP, which comes up as static based on their static ip checker. But whenever I use their port checker, or any port checker for that matter, the port is always closed or not reachable. The only firewalls I know of on that computer are windows firewall and trendmicro, and we've had both of those off. We've set exceptions for this port nearly everywhere, and nothing really seems to work.

So will Hamachi not require this port to be open?

elwes

I spent some time in the underground jungle for the first time, looking for shrines. First one I find....BAM....Staff of Regrowth! I need to find a good ranged weapon before I start taking on bosses, though.

Enco

PigSpeakers said:
Well, the main part I'm having trouble with is, no matter what I do , port 7777 is not open. I followed the guide at portforward.com. I created a static IP, which comes up as static based on their static ip checker. But whenever I use their port checker, or any port checker for that matter, the port is always closed or not reachable. The only firewalls I know of on that computer are windows firewall and trendmicro, and we've had both of those off. We've set exceptions for this port nearly everywhere, and nothing really seems to work.

Give it a shot. It should work. It's free and takes seconds to set up so you have nothing to lose.

kazabi

elwes said:
I spent some time in the underground jungle for the first time, looking for shrines. First one I find....BAM....Staff of Regrowth! I need to find a good ranged weapon before I start taking on bosses, though.
You could go for eater of the worlds if you don't have a ranged weapon, but honestly I don't think you need a ranged weapon for any of the bosses if you have a decent weapon, much hp, potions and good armor.

HaRyu said:
Like Enco said, Hamachi as a workaround is fine.

I'm curious, what part of the port forwarding you having trouble with? And which guides were you following?

Sofa can't connect to me still after following their guide...so yea, it's not always so easy.

btw, Hell sucks, i freaking hate it.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
PigSpeakers said:

You dont have to use port 7777. The only reason why that's the default port is because its easy to remember.

And if a certain port is blocked, sometimes its an ISP doing the blocking, not anything on your end.

demolitio said:
WTF? My SP world isn't showing up in the menu anymore...

I just lost EVERYTHING after doing some serious mining...

Its rare, but the worlds (or characters) files can become corrupted. You should back it up once in a while. (they can be find in My Documents\My Games\Terraria)

demolitio

HaRyu said:
Its rare, but the worlds (or characters) files can become corrupted. You should back it up once in a while. (they can be find in My Documents\My Games\Terraria)

I then tried to use the backup and the load failed, asked me if I want to use the backup, and then that load failed and it actually deleted the backup file from my Worlds folder. So now I can't do shit even when I had a backup.

It just sucks since that was my first long grind where I had a shitload of items and now I lost most of them and I have no money...I was trying so hard to get the mining hat. :(

I was making the top part when the giant eye appeared for some reason. Why does it appear so suddenly? I got that message again, and 10 seconds later it appearead. It ran off with 100 hp left. >_>

Retro

demolitio said:
It just sucks since that was my first long grind where I had a shitload of items and now I lost most of them and I have no money...I was trying so hard to get the mining hat. :(

If it's any consolation, I can give you my old one? It's a but beat up, but you're welcome to it. I know how much it sucks to lose stuff.

Edit: On the GAF server now

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:

I was making the top part when the giant eye appeared for some reason. Why does it appear so suddenly? I got that message again, and 10 seconds later it appearead. It ran off with 100 hp left. >_>

Is it a fresh world? You havent killed any bosses yet? How much HP do you have? How many NPCs are there on the world?

The Eye will come out and attack if the following conditions are met (from wiki):

It is also possible for it to spawn soon after the message "You feel an evil presence watching you" appears. This happens when the player has at least ten hearts, more than 10 defense, hasn't defeated the Eye of Cthulhu before, and has at least 3 NPCs. When these conditions have been filled, each night the Eye of Cthulhu has a 1 in 3 chance of showing up.​

HaRyu said:
Is it a fresh world? You havent killed any bosses yet? How much HP do you have? How many NPCs are there on the world?

The Eye will come out and attack if the following conditions are met (from wiki):

It is also possible for it to spawn soon after the message "You feel an evil presence watching you" appears. This happens when the player has at least ten hearts, more than 10 defense, hasn't defeated the Eye of Cthulhu before, and has at least 3 NPCs. When these conditions have been filled, each night the Eye of Cthulhu has a 1 in 3 chance of showing up.​
I meet all those requirements, and it isn't a fresh world, but I haven't bothered making more buildings until today. This is the first world I made, but I've been playing multi only.

I didn't defeated, so it might appear again?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
I meet all those requirements, and it isn't a fresh world, but I haven't bothered making more buildings until today. This is the first world I made, but I've been playing multi only.

I didn't defeated, so it might appear again?

Yeah, until you actually defeat the Eye, he'll just keep on showing up.

Also, to whoever I was having a debate w/ over the Eye despawning when you get far away from it, I just noticed this on the wiki:

"If you die before killing the Eye of Cthulhu, it will despawn and can respawn on its own when the player is near a Demon Altar. "
I didn't know if this also applies to just simply running from it, but I never knew this. Has anyone done this specific scenario? Need to test this out... :p

Edit: Lol, and I never saw the part below it on the wiki, w/c says the Eye despawns when you run. :p

Sophia

HaRyu said:
Yeah, until you actually defeat the Eye, he'll just keep on showing up.

Also, to whoever I was having a debate w/ over the Eye despawning when you get far away from it, I just noticed this on the wiki:

I didn't know if this also applies to just simply running from it, but I never knew this. Has anyone done this specific scenario? Need to test this out... :p

Edit: Lol, and I never saw the part below it on the wiki, w/c says the Eye despawns when you run. :p

*raises hand*

I just started a new world, so I'll probably fool around with the Eye spawning and despawning once I actually can get it to summon.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what the rules of the forum are in regards to the file sharing sites (Mediafire, Rapidshare, etc)... w/c one am I allowed to use for the NeoGAF server, w/o breaking any rules? (the first world, w/ all of our pixel art)

I cleared the Dungeon and am ready to go to Hell.

I've started my elevator shaft and I'm having a blast doing so. Even the most mundane stuff in the game is stupid fun.

Firehead

Huh... I just found a whoopie cushion in a cave after I set off a bunch of dynamite. Isn't that an extremely rare item or something?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Firehead said:
Huh... I just found a whoopie cushion in a cave after I set off a bunch of dynamite. Isn't that an extremely rare item or something?

Yep, extremely rare. Also somewhat nearly useless. At least it makes fart noises. :p

Ultratech

Played around on the GAF server this afternoon. (I'm Jack.)
Was pretty fun.

Managed to get some Necro Armor crafted and got to participate in the Goblin Invasion.
Goblin Invasion was some crazy stuff.

Is it possible to play multiplayer without work around's on the same IP?

Game feels boring in singleplayer alone and in the gaf server i can't explore since I don't have a grappling hook or lucky horseshoe yet.

Retro

/twitch

Maybe... maybe 1.6 tomorrow... /shiver .... i... i hope...

Anyone got a number for a good methadone clinic? I should probably have someone take a look at my F5-hitting finger too for repetitive stress injuries.

duckroll

hawkshockey11 said:
Is it possible to play multiplayer without work around's on the same IP?

Game feels boring in singleplayer alone and in the gaf server i can't explore since I don't have a grappling hook or lucky horseshoe yet.

I run a private dedicated server on my laptop, and I play from the same laptop too.

I forgot to mention thank you to everyone who recommended Hamachi. After my dad (it's his computer I've been using for gaming since it's better than mine) and I went through and tried to change a million settings of things, using hamachi was a breeze. I was able to connect to my friend in only a few minutes after she downloaded it. Thanks everyone!

I also realized today that my gold pickaxe can mine demonite. And I saw a zombie wearing a top hat during the blood moon.

Teknoman said:
AUGH SKELETONS GIMME A HOOK!

This is crazier than hunting metal slimes.
I grinded on the GAF server for about an hour, then a skelly jumped into a lava pit and dropped a hook right on the edge. Perfect timing too, because I was on my way back out to the town.

I've been trying Multiplayer a few times now, and for some reason, Terraria always crashes on me after like 10 minutes of play. It just completely quits the game and a huge error message pops up with a plethora of text. It never happens when I'm in SP tho.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've spent way too much on time on this, but I've been building an underwater home in the marshlands. It's a bitch working with all that mud, but I'm hoping I can clear it out all so my house is completely surrounded by water.

I have no idea why I'm doing all of this, lol.

I traded an extra copy of Frozen Synapse for this game during the Steam sale and played it like a madman for the past week. I kind of feel like I ruined the game for myself by getting upgrades in the "wrong" order. After I finished my gold armor set I got enough mats to make the Nightmare Pickaxe and after my second trip to hell I had full molten armor. It was kind of anticlimactic for me to go into my first dungeon and collect bones for a set that was a downgrade.

Any tips for finding floating islands? They are the only environment I have yet to explore and I can't seem to find any in my world. I had a big bridge in the sky to look but I tore it down after a meteor landed on it >.>

demolitio

After having to start a whole new world (worst fucking bug possible in a game), I'd just like to say thank you to Retro for those gravitation potions you gave me on the first day because I can get a lot of good shit back by going to the islands in the sky which are easy to find with this potion. Thanks man, otherwise I'd still be destroying things around my desk right now. :p

MrMister said:
Need help on GAF server! I'm the only one on and a Goblin Army is approaching! HELP ME!

EDIT: Crisis averted.
I logged in to the GAF server, not knowing that the Goblin Army event was going on. Needless to say, I was under-equipped, with only an Iron Broadsword to fight them off. In between deaths, I managed to take a few of the green bastards down, snagging a harpoon and some spiky balls. I've tested it out in single-player, and it is definitely better than the weapons I have now.

I was in there before that, a blood moon happened. The world is all sorts of destroyed now. The bridge that went over the ocean to the tower/pit that goes to hell is all sorts of busted... and the ocean is drained... lmao.

duckroll

Most of what I spent today doing:

ZkxBF.jpg

We have several hundred Hellstone Bars on my server now. Lol.

demolitio

duckroll said:
Most of what I spent today doing:
*pic*

We have several hundred Hellstone Bars on my server now. Lol.

Man, it's times like those where you completely lose track of the time because you feel like you have to keep going to get everything you can. I was just going to hop on for an hour last night and ended up playing til' like 6AM while my painkillers and nighttime sedatives made me a zombie during that whole playthrough to the point where I don't remember any of it. I expected to go to bed earlier so I took everything and then I got sidetracked and just had to keep going.

Now that world is gone so I don't have to worry about getting sidetracked down in the depths of hell anymore. The only thing I do remember last night is not deleting my world and saving it before I got off so at least I know it was a bug that deleted the world and not me. :D

demolitio

Grimm Fandango said:
Threw a Guide Voodoo Doll into lava and saw the Guide just explode in his room.

I have no remorse.
Don't remind me. That was the worst part about losing my world. I just put the voodoo doll in my chest at my base and now it's gone. :(

I have remorse..

elwes

Grimm Fandango said:
Threw a Guide Voodoo Doll into lava and saw the Guide just explode in his room.

I have no remorse.

This actually made me laugh out loud. Didn't even know there was a Guide Voodoo Doll...

I was fairly productive tonight. Spent a ton of time in the underground jungle, found a crapload of good stuff, including the Enchanted Boomerang, Hermes boots, lucky horseshoe, and health regen band. Then I decided to find the rest of the floating islands and found the red balloon and cloud in a bottle.

After I left the jungle, I had a ton of jungle roses, vines, jewels, and ore. Just enough to make jungle armor. :D

I just finished up organizing my chests by item type, OCD style. I also just got the demo guy, so I'm gonna go blow some crap up tomorrow. :x

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
phosphor112 said:
I was in there before that, a blood moon happened. The world is all sorts of destroyed now. The bridge that went over the ocean to the tower/pit that goes to hell is all sorts of busted... and the ocean is drained... lmao.

Was expecting the world to be in total chaos by now, its a small map anyway.

C'MOOOON 1.06.

Drek

How do you make the staff of regrowth grow grass? Its a great weapon but I'd like to make use of its other feature.

In the last day I jumped from a combo of iron and copper armor with an iron broadsword to full silver, a staff of regrowth, a thorn chakrum, etc.. I'm up to 8 bars of demonite already without fighting a boss. I've got to build a good arena for the Eye though before I summon him.

Large worlds are crazy. I have about 400+ feet of underground jungle between my cavern layer and hell. I also haven't done much surface ranging at all and have yet to find a spot of corruption. It was really overwhelming at first but now that I've got the hang of the game its pretty epic.

confuziz

Banned
phosphor112 said:

The ocean was drained on purpose by me and mrmister =P

Ultratech

Busted up some Shadow Orbs last night on my little world, and had a Meteorite fall...into the ocean.
Tons of fun, ya know? Trying to mine a meteorite with sharks, jellyfish, and Meteor Heads flailing all around you. Managed to get most of it with some Dynamite, but barring a way to breath underwater, it's gonna be hard to get the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom