• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sgt.Pepper said:
Tell me about. I got my first meteorite in a floating island, and those harpies were annoying the crap out of me.

I must have like 6 meteorite sites on my single player world @.@.

One is at the bottom of the ocean >_<

I had some fun last night on the server. Did some digging in hell and managed to not flood my little mineshaft with lava. Also 'Michael' gifted me quite a few heart crystals.

Retro

So far seems like just about everyone who has done it enjoys the big arena fights with swarms of monsters (the 150 demons was pushing it, holy SHIT was that crazy). Also, everyone who tries Bungie-Launching immediately shouts "weeeeee", so if you haven't tried it, consider it. No deaths so far!

When 1.0.6 hits, the spawn point will be the Tutorial and a small starter village, so Goblin Invasions will be in pretty interesting territory. So that will be fun.

And finally, I finished up the Alchemy Tower last night (waiting on Harlan to copypasta some trees into the arboreum, but that's a cosmetic thing so no worries. I'm moving some alchemy ingredients over there first thing when I log on today, so we'll soon have a decent supply of potions and potion ingredients, as well as an Herb Farm and very clear route to the Mushroom Farm that Dude made.

If you haven't come to the server and say hello.

I have acquired the golden armor and weapons and I think I'm now ready for the gaf server, just need someone to introduce me to it. (rules, ip, password and stuff)

Retro said:
So far seems like just about everyone who has done it enjoys the big arena fights with swarms of monsters (the 150 demons was pushing it, holy SHIT was that crazy). Also, everyone who tries Bungie-Launching immediately shouts "weeeeee", so if you haven't tried it, consider it. No deaths so far!

When 1.0.6 hits, the spawn point will be the Tutorial and a small starter village, so Goblin Invasions will be in pretty interesting territory. So that will be fun.

And finally, I finished up the Alchemy Tower last night (waiting on Harlan to copypasta some trees into the arboreum, but that's a cosmetic thing so no worries. I'm moving some alchemy ingredients over there first thing when I log on today, so we'll soon have a decent supply of potions and potion ingredients, as well as an Herb Farm and very clear route to the Mushroom Farm that Dude made.

If you haven't come to the server and say hello.

I hadn't stopped to consider this before, but how much of the creations on the server were placed by a moderator/server admin vs being built by hand?

Wired

HaRyu said:
IIIIIIIII neeeeeed uuuuuupppppppdaaaaaaateeeeee noooooooooooow.

I don't really want the update. I feel that more stuff is pretty unnecessary I mean why would I ever want more than I paid for for free... doesn't seem right. So no, no more crap to do and find please, I'm good

bengraven

Just jumped in to check out multi for the first time and wow, very awesome guys.

Three guesses who I was. ha

Anyway, I can see where this will be like Minecraft, in that multi is so much fun I forget why I even cared about single player in the first place. Will be on more later, definitely.

Wired said:
I don't really want the update. I feel that more stuff is pretty unnecessary I mean why would I ever want more than I paid for for free... doesn't seem right. So no, no more crap to do and find please, I'm good

I literally choked on my soda there. lol

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Wired said:

the better the game gets the more people will want to buy it they also want people to keep playing the longer people play it the more likely they are to recommend it to others

bengraven

Rygar 8 Bit said:
the better the game gets the more people will want to buy it they also want people to keep playing the longer people play it the more likely they are to recommend it to others

(I think he was kidding)

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
BlueScrote said:
I hadn't stopped to consider this before, but how much of the creations on the server were placed by a moderator/server admin vs being built by hand?

Anything placed there by me (the admin) was created by hand on a different map, and imported into the current one, w/ the sole exception of the tower (the one where everyone is using for the apartments).

The tower was quickly thrown together in a map editor, but I only made the shell. Other players then came in, took a room, and made what they wanted. The idea was for players who really couldn't be bothered w/ making their own homes, they could just take an apartment instead, if they wanted.

As for other stuff that was "placed": the entirety of Tutorial Town, the Mineshaft entrance. These two were made by Retro. Also placed were the NeoGAF symbol, and Surfin Pikachu and his buddy, Nyancat. These two things were originally made on the first NeoGAF server, but were imported in because I thought it would be cool.

That's pretty much all that was imported. Everything else was made on the server by other players. In terms of percentage, I dunno, 15% was imported is a rough guess. I actually have some other structures to import into a map, but I'm saving those for when the update hits.

Like2Drive said:
I have acquired the golden armor and weapons and I think I'm now ready for the gaf server, just need someone to introduce me to it. (rules, ip, password and stuff)

IP: 173.78.148.132
Port: 7777 (default)
Password: None

We've got some players on right now. Retro's on right now, he's usually helpful, when he's not drunk with power. The ultimate rule on the server is to not destroy/modify other people's structures. And to not flood the surface w/ water/lava. Otherwise, you can build what you want, dig where you want, and take what you want.

It also entirely possible that you've actually logged on since your post, so completely ignore what I just said. :p

bs000

Found my first rocket boots yesterday :D. I already had a pair though (from Wired I think). So I gave mine to uhm, I forgot his name already. Jeff I think? He was the only other person there to fight the goblins and he was still rocking cloud in a bottle.

Grinchy

Banned
I can't wait for the new update. My brother and I are going to start a new world together when it comes. I will play Minecraft and other games in the meantime. I needed a break from Terraria anyway.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
elwes said:
That was glorious. Corrupted Bunny Rain pretty much prints money.

(I'm Babbit, btw)
Ah, I'm..well, StopIt and that was the most hilarious series of events I have seen in a game for a long while.

On a related note, just tried to join he server to say hello and it's full! Boo :(

I just dropped off a chest in the GAF server I am calling the Beginner's Kit of Stompass. In it is a Musket, Gold Pickaxe, Band of Starpower, Hermes Boots, Enchanted Boomerang, Grappling Hook, Magic Mirror, Ball 'O Hurt, Aglet, Copper watch, and 20 sacks of Purification Powder. You'll find it just inside the GAF Tower of Housing and Awesome, just under the steps next to a sign. Take it all, take the chest, take the sign. Go nuts, and have fun!

Mdeezy

I just got a black lens from a demon eye at night. What are they for? I also came across a harpy in the sky....does that mean Im close to a sky island?

somato

Mdeezy said:
I just got a black lens from a demon eye at night. What are they for? I also came across a harpy in the sky....does that mean Im close to a sky island?

You can use 2 black lenses and make sunglasses, that's the only thing they are for iirc.

IceMarker

Mdeezy said:
Took forever to get my second one, good luck getting that second one.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
webrunner said:
Hammer.

Your guide will come back if you have a house for him.
Thanks very much :)
demosthenes said:
Shin and B if you go on the GAF server tonight I can give you some stuff to make your start a bit easier!
And thank you! I will come on the GAF server to say hello at some point, but I'm not expecting freebies. Just happy to explore on my own for a bit longer.

elwes

Retro said:
So far seems like just about everyone who has done it enjoys the big arena fights with swarms of monsters (the 150 demons was pushing it, holy SHIT was that crazy).

Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. Spinning purple projectiles from all directions. I ended up taking refuge below a platform on the edge of the arena right below a group of 15 or 20, hoping my constant barrage of sword swings and that tiny platform would keep me alive. Definitely had a great time, though.

HaRyu said:
Anything placed there by me (the admin) was created by hand on a different map, and imported into the current one, w/ the sole exception of the tower (the one where everyone is using for the apartments).

The tower was quickly thrown together in a map editor, but I only made the shell. Other players then came in, took a room, and made what they wanted. The idea was for players who really couldn't be bothered w/ making their own homes, they could just take an apartment instead, if they wanted.

As for other stuff that was "placed": the entirety of Tutorial Town, the Mineshaft entrance. These two were made by Retro. Also placed were the NeoGAF symbol, and Surfin Pikachu and his buddy, Nyancat. These two things were originally made on the first NeoGAF server, but were imported in because I thought it would be cool.

That's pretty much all that was imported. Everything else was made on the server by other players. In terms of percentage, I dunno, 15% was imported is a rough guess. I actually have some other structures to import into a map, but I'm saving those for when the update hits.

Ah that's cool. I wasn't aware you could import/export structures and such.

bs000 said:
Found my first rocket boots yesterday :D. I already had a pair though (from Wired I think). So I gave mine to uhm, I forgot his name already. Jeff I think? He was the only other person there to fight the goblins and he was still rocking cloud in a bottle.

That was me. Thanks again, Rocket boots are awwwwwwwwweeeeeesssssssooommmmeee. Especially with the Balloon equipped as well.

charsace

Could not find the dungeon on the server. :mad: And guys couldn't really explain where it was. You should put up some signs guys. S-I-G-N-S

charsace said:
Could not find the dungeon on the server. :mad: And guys couldn't really explain where it was. You should put up some signs guys. S-I-G-N-S

Unless the server has a new map, it should be on the left side of the screen. You have to go a fair distance from spawn.

Retro

charsace said:

If you were "Man", I teleported you directly to the dungeon entry. The dungeon is left of spawn but quite a distance away.

We have an underground highway (with s-i-g-n-s) that stretches from one end of the map to the other and has shafts leading up (and down) to all major points of interest.

ASilva

Neo Member
Just checked out the server, pretty awesome!

I setup an apartment in the main building. There's 2 chests with stuff, you can have it if you need (1 grappling hook, an extra hook, a bunch of gold tools and armor, balloon and a bunch of other random stuff).

charsace

Grimm Fandango said:
Unless the server has a new map, it should be on the left side of the screen. You have to go a fair distance from spawn.
They told me it was to the right of the spawn. I asked specifically which side of the spawn is it on. And was told the right side.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
charsace said:
They told me it was to the right of the spawn. I asked specifically which side of the spawn is it on. And was told the right side.

Dungeon is to the left, green blocks.

There's really no reason to go there unless you're heading there to kill monsters. The dungeon was completely cleared out within 2 days of the map being up (and its been over 2 weeks now).

charsace

HaRyu said:

There's really no reason to go there unless you're heading there to kill monsters. The dungeon was completely cleared out within 2 days of the map being up (and its been over 2 weeks now).
I was going there to farm bones. Want to get the necro armor.

I wish you could make helmets not visible when you are wearing them.

HaRyu said:

I wish that stuff repopulated on its own.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
charsace said:
I was going there to farm bones. Want to get the necro armor.

I wish you could make helmets not visible when you are wearing them.

You can. You need to equip the Familiar Wig item to your head social slot.

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody on the server for helping me out. Even though I died a bunch I still had fun, :p I'm Miketwo btw, and I'm about to jump on now if anyone wants to go mining with me.

Mergesort

I joined the server yesterday and i was mainly giving away items/resources and helping out. It was just a quick look at the server and i am impressed so far. I think i am going to build something big some time later. Keep up the good work guys, i am natsu btw

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
dumb question: I registered an account on the GAF server, but how do I log into it? It's not letting me add anything until I log in.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Snuggler said:
dumb question: I registered an account on the GAF server, but how do I log into it? It's not letting me add anything until I log in.

Huh? Right now, anyone can build/dig. You don't have to be registered or logged in to do that. You will have to AFTER the new update hits, but I'm not making it mandatory right now.

Edit: ah okay, talked to you on the server.

Mergesort

HaRyu said:
Huh? Right now, anyone can build/dig. You don't have to be registered or logged in to do that. You will have to AFTER the new update hits, but I'm not making it mandatory right now.

Edit: ah okay, talked to you on the server.

Well i had to, too

Ok...so I got a new router for other reasons but I was hoping it would solve this other issue. Sofa still can't connect to me through Hamachi. WTF is the deal here. I tried the forward port thing on Hamachi and with out it, both ways doesn't work. I connect to her and GAF fine, why does my computer/router hate me. Help GAF, you're my only hope :(

Fitz

demosthenes said:
Ok...so I got a new router for other reasons but I was hoping it would solve this other issue. Sofa still can't connect to me through Hamachi. WTF is the deal here. I tried the forward port thing on Hamachi and with out it, both ways doesn't work. I connect to her and GAF fine, why does my computer/router hate me. Help GAF, you're my only hope :(

Maybe a shot in the dark but is your Hamachi network set as a Home Network? Instead of a Public Network for example.

Fitz

demosthenes said:
She's on the network though, or at least her name is in the Hamachi list.

I was just thinking that, when I'm using Hamachi, multiple people will always be able to connect, but if one person has their network set to Public, instead of Home, then whilst they are able to Ping other people, nobody can connect to that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom