• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that items you pickup don't go directly to the hotbar.

When I'm placing stuff it's hard to always place it in the right place in the first try so I have to remove it, place it in the hot bar, and place it again. Before when I removed it it would go directly to the hotbar after picking it up -.-

Yeah, that about wraps up Terraria for me. The swarms of monsters were annoying enough before when exploring, but now it's just punishment, and a half-dozen hornets all shooting stingers at once is just ridiculous. This game has turned itself into a form of self-flagellation.

Eel O'Brian said:
Yeah, that about wraps up Terraria for me. The swarms of monsters were annoying enough before when exploring, but now it's just punishment, and a half-dozen hornets all shooting stingers at once is just ridiculous. This game has turned itself into a form of self-flagellation.

You can try to find a modded server that has a reduced spawn time. Mine will be up soon and I have no problems in reducing it if everyone here thinks it's best.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bugfixes coming in 1.0.6.1

● Fixed a bug that would cause chests to contain stacks of empty item.
● The crafting list now correctly updates after using the container loot buttons.
● The direction bathtubs face when placed is now correctly sent to the server. This prevents bathtub duplication issues.
● Smashing Obsidian Walls no longer gives Obsidian Ore.
● Walls that are automatically placed to fill small gaps are now correctly taken from the player’s inventory.
● Fixed a bug that causes Green Slimes to get stuck in the ground and start sinking.
● Player ghosts no longer move when typing.
● Fixed a bug that would cause mana to sometimes not regenerate when the player has 0 mana.
● Slimes no longer chase the player in water when they are not in aggresive mode.
● Lesser Restoration Potions and Restoration Potions now only heal for 50/100 life and 50/100 mana.
● Lesser Mana Potions and Mana Potions now only restore 50/100 mana.
● Changed the way the value of stacked items is rounded to fix selling/buyback inconsistencies.
● Some items can now again be placed in lava, this includes clay pots and fire blossom seeds.
● Fixed a bug that would cause shadow orbs to me smashed during world generation. This was causing meteors to start spawning before the player is at the appropriate gear level.
● Another reason for this post is to prevent us from getting 500 bug reports about things we;ve already fixed. :p

Also, the following ARE NOT consider bugs and are working as intended. To note, the last changelog did not list every single change made to balance that happened, so many people are reporting changes that happened assuming they are bugs. Ill be updating that changelog (here on TO) as well as I come accross important enough changes that we forgot to mention to list in there.

Not Bugs

● Flamelash now only hits once.
● Floating Island chests being locked.
● Cobwebs breaking after a moment of being stuck in them.
Source

Ok everyone. My server is finally ready. It's gonna be up 24/7 unless something unexpected happens. Quote this post to see the IP because for now I don't want to make it public.

You need to create a new character to play here and you cannot edit the character on another server. Your supposed to use that character exclusively on this server.

The server will save your inventory/stats and will block you if it finds it's different from the last time you were there.

You can purchase from a GM (only me atm lol) protected regions that only you can edit.
You can lock chests, make them public, only allow some people to some chest, etc.
Monster spawn rate is reduced by just a little.

Not sure how well this is gonna work but hopefully it runs without problems.

*edit*

Currently there's a small bug that gives you an error msg every time you use a door. Just ignore it for now. Everything will still work fine.

Remfin

So was I actually missing something in my quick run through last night or is there simply no way to get rid of lava now in hell?

Vilifier

Neo Member
I picked this up in the sale and I am having a blast, it is very addictive. There was certainly lots of trial and error in building my first shelter. I just wished I had looked up the wiki for the heartstones earlier to find out how to crack them open, as I walked straight past them because my pick axe did nothing to them. Back to the underground caverns...

It seems like it is a good starting point to play, with the latest updates.

Vlad

Metalmurphy said:
Ok everyone. My server is finally ready. It's gonna be up 24/7 unless something unexpected happens. Quote this post to see the IP because for now I don't want to make it public.

You need to create a new character to play here and you cannot edit the character on another server. Your supposed to use that character exclusively on this server.

The server will save your inventory/stats and will block you if it finds it's different from the last time you were there.

You can purchase from a GM (only me atm lol) protected regions that only you can edit.
You can lock chests, make them public, only allow some people to some chest, etc.

Not sure how well this is gonna work but hopefully it runs without problems.

*edit*

Currently there's a small bug that gives you an error msg every time you use a door. Just ignore it for now. Everything will still work fine.

Well, after hopping on a couple times earlier today, I can't join any more. I haven't run Terraria at all since I was on earlier tonight, and now when I try to join (making sure I'm using the character I made for that server) I get a message saying that the server "doesn't allow client-side inventory editing".

Just thought you'd like to know.

EDIT: Yeah, just for the heck of it, I tried to join with my other character, the one that I've been using entirely in single-player (night's edge, full molten armor, etc), and the server let me on just fine! I was able to register and everything, so something doesn't seem to be working as intended.

Ultratech

Helped make more headway into the underground tunnel (heading right). Was helping Crazy Hobo before I got d/c'd.

In other news, I've almost got my underground fortress partially done. Once I get the interior fully closed off and walled, I'll have to expand a bit more to the right of it. If you want to take a look, it's below the Mushroom Farm.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Ultratech said:
Helped make more headway into the underground tunnel (heading right). Was helping Crazy Hobo before I got d/c'd.

In other news, I've almost got my underground fortress partially done. Once I get the interior fully closed off and walled, I'll have to expand a bit more to the right of it. If you want to take a look, it's below the Mushroom Farm.

If you're making something and its completed, make sure you let me know so I can go lock it off.

Vlad said:
Well, after hopping on a couple times earlier today, I can't join any more. I haven't run Terraria at all since I was on earlier tonight, and now when I try to join (making sure I'm using the character I made for that server) I get a message saying that the server "doesn't allow client-side inventory editing".

Just thought you'd like to know.

EDIT: Yeah, just for the heck of it, I tried to join with my other character, the one that I've been using entirely in single-player (night's edge, full molten armor, etc), and the server let me on just fine! I was able to register and everything, so something doesn't seem to be working as intended.

Glitch in the system. Sorry :p. Some times the server doesn't save the correct data. For example if you drop an item and logout right away. You should be able to connect now.

I also fixed a couple of other bugs.

Sorry for the trouble. You didn't miss much though, no one else connected so far :p

Vlad

Metalmurphy said:
Glitch in the system. Sorry :p. Some times the server doesn't save the correct data. For example if you drop an item and logout right away. You should be able to connect now.

I also fixed a couple of other bugs.

Sorry for the trouble. You didn't miss much though, no one else connected so far :p

Yeah, I know I didn't drop anything, aside from those coins I lost when I forgot how nasty the corruption is with no armor and a wooden sword.

Either way, I'll pop back on.

Updated my server to fix a couple of nasty bugs.

I also disabled the inventory check due to another bug I couldn't fix, but logs still tell me if new chars login with items or not, and I'll be blocking them manually. Also since this server is Europe it seems US players are lagging a bit, hopefully it's not gamebreaking. Nothing I can do about that :(

Some screens from the GAF server that I forgot to post yesterday.

24D9298A72FD8813E20F4AC714AEF650C866BDBA

60D20EF7DD01098448FF0C254FEA6E75FB930160

00D35F3BE5DDEFD2DDA8145D1A55AA9E57A06C97

B6E36EDE042D50CF961E9433D76846AC7962F344

dalin80

Banned
Eel O'Brian said:

I agree exactly with this, the game has got less fun with each update due to enemy spawns.

atre324

Yeah I agree too, it seems like with each update the devs are just relentlessly pursuing a level of difficulty that players have repeatedly told them they do not want, essentially that people are tired of combat being so annoying yet each update makes combat even more annoying. It feels like they are trying way too hard to make the combat and various combat-related mechanics unique and end up over-complicating things, even though they have ample evidence that people were just fine with things when they were simple.

I think if they're going to keep making these changes to combat/monsters/life/status/potions they need to include an option to just turn enemies off. I just don't particularly enjoy being forced to endure combat encounters in a specific way when the rest of the game has so much freedom.

Is it possible to reduce the spawn rate in single player?

I'm aware of TMod and I've searched quite thoroughly so I'm almost positive the answer is no. However maybe there is some small mod I'm unaware of.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Time for the UNB Server Update

-If you're new to the server/game/MP, to chat, hit Enter, then start typing!

- your clearance DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY INCREASE WHEN YOU REGISTER. An admin still has to increase it. I'm feeling generous, so new players are getting Trusted clearance.

- the server HAS DEFAULT MOB/SPAWN RATES. Since that seems to be the current topic (again), I figured full disclosure is in order. No, I will not change them. Why? No one on the server has been complaining about it. And if we've gone this long on the server w/o people complaining, we're not changing the rates in the forseeable future.

- Express Tunnel One is completed (yay). Work on Express Tunnel Two will begin once I've chosen an elevation. Please check the job board periodically. All those who've worked on the Tunnel, please contact me to negotiate payment.

- Three people so far have found (and remembered) where The Vault is. Good job. Unfortunately, none of them have actually been THROUGH The Vault. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

-I had to disable the Chest Lock plugin. It was randomly locking chests, and it was getting annoying. I'll wait for an update before we try it again.

-Last night, someone tried to enter the server w/ a hacked character. I mean... c'mon, really? Please be aware any hacks are ban worthy.

-There is a world map of the surface at the bottom floor of NeoGAF Tower.

-If you want a room in NeoGAF Tower, choose an empty room and tell me the room number.

-Art District is slowly getting stuff built. If you want to make something in the Art District, please let me know so I can give you clearance.

Ultratech

Alright, almost got my little castle done. Just gotta furnish it and all that jazz. Of course, I also invite people to put stuff in it as well.

Also added some signs and a little house/tunnel that leads up to the East Coast.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever was playing Guden, dunno why it happened, but I unbanned you. You can come back on now.

REMINDER: If any of you were somehow banned, make sure you let me know, so I can unban you!

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
Having trouble getting NPCs to respawn again after I killed them all and renovated my castle. Can anyone see any problems? Each different colored wall is its own room. Once in a while a monster spawns inside as well. I'd also like to note it's located on top of an impossible to climb mountain.

29zzak2.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sorry for not being on the server the last few days. Got a lot on my plate at the moment. Still want to be a part of things as soon as I return.

Neki

isoku said:
Having trouble getting NPCs to respawn again after I killed them all and renovated my castle. Can anyone see any problems? Each different colored wall is its own room. Once in a while a monster spawns inside as well. I'd also like to note it's located on top of an impossible to climb mountain.

29zzak2.jpg

I'm pretty sure the walls need to be completely covered, you can't have windows like that. I think.

isoku said:

http://i51.tinypic.com/29zzak2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Reasons are simple. Your walls have holes, so monsters can spawn inside, and NPCs won't move in. You can put some glass over them if you want to make them look like windows.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Sgt.Pepper said:
Reasons are simple. Your walls have holes, so monsters can spawn inside, and NPCs won't move in. You can put some glass over them if you want to make them look like windows.

No, that's not true. You can have holes in the wall, but it can only be a small percentage (in a normal sized room, usually enough for a 2x2 or 2x3 window).

Which rooms are they spawning in (the monsters)? And which NPCs did you have in there before?

demolitio

Sgt.Pepper said:
Some screens from the GAF server that I forgot to post yesterday.

*PICS*
Now I know what you needed the green bricks for. :)

I think I'm going to start planning out some art but I'm going to end up needing a lot of bricks since I only have silver and gold bricks for the most part.

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
Figured it out. In order to get the different colored walls to play nice I had to leave a 1 square thick of nothingness between the walls. While it only appeared to be a crack that was hidden behind the bricks, apparently it was enough.

So I was playing Terraria because I can't sleep (or is it the other way around?) and was mining yet another meteorite crash site in the ocean (seriously like 25% of mine land there). I smashed a Shadow Orb earlier in the day and was hoping to get another meteor landing. So while mining, a message pops up saying one landed. Cool. However a few seconds later I heard a noise that sounded close. I'm fairly certain it made the noise of sand falling. So I went over to the right side of the screen to investigate; and lo and behold...

49F59E77728868F3A446868F82A6801CC3C28CFD

The first site was on the left where I was just finishing up. So yeah, while I didn't see the thing actually land, this was definitely the closest I've been to one when it happened. Wish I took a video.

Drazgul

Which is better for melee - +21% melee speed from Shadowscale set, or +17% melee damage from Molten? Def. on the Molten set is nice of course, but I'm not hurting bad with the Shadowscale, either.

kevm3

dalin80 said:
I agree exactly with this, the game has got less fun with each update due to enemy spawns.

Seems like the game is heading from difficult to obnoxious territory. I'm glad I did most of the stuff in the game prior to all these new updates. Hornets actually shoot their stingers now? They were annoying enough without that.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Initial groundwork for Express Tunnel Two was laid. I'll need workers for that tunnel, plus some builders to start work on Midbase (underground outpost/city). More details at the job board.

Also, testing a new plugin on the server. It's a logging system, w/c will allow me to tell w/c player screwed with w/c block at any given time. At least in theory. So if there's any strange issues, please let me know.

How do you guys deal with the fact that soon (whenever that may be) 1.7 will eventually come, and you will have to build a whole new world again to enjoy the changes?

I started a 1.6 world and did some building , but it seems really futile when I just had to start over and will have to start over again in a few weeks.

This imo is the biggest fuckup about the game (which is inherent to the design, I know)

IceMarker

You guys mean 1.1, what I believe to be the next update? We're at 1.0.6 right now, 1.7 would be a major leap in changes...

-

All I can ask from this game is more enemies, more loot, more armor sets, more weapons, more vanity items, more biomes, and more bosses. If they keep adding that, I'll keep coming back, and then some.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
SneakyStephan said:
How do you guys deal with the fact that soon (whenever that may be) 1.7 will eventually come, and you will have to build a whole new world again to enjoy the changes?

I started a 1.6 world and did some building , but it seems really futile when I just had to start over and will have to start over again in a few weeks.

This imo is the biggest fuckup about the game (which is inherent to the design, I know)

There was no major reason at all to have a new map generated when 1.0.6 came out. The only "new" things that would have required a new map are the locked chests, and buildings in hell were not made out of hellstone anymore. Well, that and there's now less hellstone in hell.

In any case, I always make a new map anyway (for single player), when an update comes out. I really doesnt take that long to make my structures. As for the server, its usually general consensus.

Drazgul

Weelll... I'm bored again. Not much of a builder (not in limited 2D, anyway) so the meat of the game for me is advancement into new areas via gear. A few nights' worth of fun and thus worth its pricetag for sure, but not really comparable to MC in how long-lasting it is.

GAF server is lookin real good. I'm registered to build and would like an apt room. What's the etiquette in getting one? Can I just squat an empty room?

For the new page since the only one playing there is Vlad :p, he must be so lonely

GAF Server 2 (Hosted in Europe but everyone welcome)

It's gonna be up 24/7 unless something unexpected happens. Quote this post to see the IP because for now I don't want to make it public.

Gully State said:
GAF server is lookin real good. I'm registered to build and would like an apt room. What's the etiquette in getting one? Can I just squat an empty room?
Tell Harlan to give you access to one. And pick one on the right side, left side is limited by the anti-griefing on the tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom