• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

wat. is this normal?

No idea. I was getting hit for well over 10k. When Super Skele gets pissed, he REALLY comes after everyone.
The arms and other crap don't hurt THAT bad, but when he hits about 10k HP, and he unleashes those spikes on his head, RUN LIKE HELL.

I was on earlier this morning farming cobalt, mythril, and admantite. Wanted to get in just now and its full! Noooooo!

grrr I got kicked out with Bad Header blah blah error.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dang, people harvesting the rarest stuff already? Fighting second-level bosses? Is it the largest map? I'm feeling inadequate with silver armor on my new character.

Sarcasm

So starting fresh, any tips to look for? Its been ages so I really don't know how to adventure into new things.

I even forgot why I have this square wood walls with two doors and dirt walls and mobs still spawn inside.

Ultratech

Ok, I see what the deal was with Skeletron Prime hitting us for absurd damage. Apparently, we didn't kill him before the break of dawn, which causes him to insta-kill anybody the head comes into contact to.

The main building at spawn is pretty much destroyed. Not sure about Retro's house. I had to go down to my house in the jungle and grab some shit and bail the hell out of there.

Hum, did you use geotec.pt or just the ip that Terraria saved? Server is on dynamic IP so the IP might have changed, but geotec.pt will always work.

Tried just now, but the password was incorrect. I used the one from your post.

IceMarker

According to Steam, almost 60,000 people are playing Terraria right now! Even beating Modern Warfare 3! The only two games beating it are Counter-Strike 1.6 and Skyrim.

Turfster

Sooo... I've got one world, where my screen looks like... this.

Of course that's my main world I play on with friends (on a remote server). Anyone know how to fix this? Tried just about everythingI could think of, but no dice. One other guy had the same thing, but others didn't, so I'm stumped.

balddemon

Banned
Sooo... I've got one world, where my screen looks like... this.

Of course that's my main world I play on with friends (on a remote server). Anyone know how to fix this? Tried just about everythingI could think of, but no dice. One other guy had the same thing, but others didn't, so I'm stumped.

try settling the liquids. i don't really see what hte problem is in your screenshot lol quit braggin about your cool underground buildings

--

Murphy, I may get on your server when I get back from the gym in a couple hours. Leave it UP

On HaRyu's server atm or have since passed:
F383638D52F3F741B1149549AEFB3612112A73CB

Server was maxed out on slots, so a few gaffers could not get in if any other gaffers actually made it in to see the destruction.

The main building at spawn is pretty much destroyed. Not sure about Retro's house. I had to go down to my house in the jungle and grab some shit and bail the hell out of there.

Tried just now, but the password was incorrect. I used the one from your post.

Ahh crap, I have 2 servers up and I mixed the passwords up. Should be fixed now.

Also for the new page.

GAF SERVER 2 DETAILS (QUOTE TO SEE):

It's a new world, meant for new characters.

Rules:
- Don't be a dick
- New characters only
- Don't be a dick

Turfster

try settling the liquids. i don't really see what hte problem is in your screenshot lol quit braggin about your cool underground buildings

Uh... The world blocks are all stretched and aren't joined together.
If you look at the left side of the second level of the rock section in the middle, there's 3 blocks that are normal. That's how all the others are supposed to look too.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Fart, I'm trying to hop on HaRyu's server but I'm stuck in loading limbo. Oh well, back to single player.

Same problem here.

The bloody server is maxed out (we've never hit 20 players before, so I didn't expect it at all).

When there's a lull, I'll increase the max slots. For now, just keep trying to connect, someone every couple of minutes either gets d/c'd or just logs off.

Turfster

Okay. Turns out it's a known bug with spawnpoints set in hell?
Good thing I put in those 16 hours of work so I could get to hell quickly from the surface...

Edit: Yep. Removing the beds from hell and resetting spawn to right before hell fixed it.

duckroll

Okay. Turns out it's a known bug with spawnpoints set in hell?
Good thing I put in those 16 hours of work so I could get to hell quickly from the surface...

Edit: Yep. Removing the beds from hell and resetting spawn to right before hell fixed it.

You didn't have to remove the bed. I tried it by simply heading back to the bed before Hell and setting my spawn there. Reconnecting fixed the bug. Really weird! But removing the bed was probably a good idea too. So no one else will get the bug. :p

KarmaCow

Holy shit, crafting a hookshot made the game 100x better. It's so much easier to reach ledges and mine ore on the ceiling.

Though is there any way to have it point out where the heart containers or other points of interest are in relation to my character? Mining into caverns is good and all but it feels like I've hit a road block in progression (just about found gold semi-regularly).

Just jumped on the GAF server for the first time. Pretty crazy haha..

Kept losing connection though. Guess it's living in AUS, probably too far away for stable connection. Sucks.

Ahh crap, I have 2 servers up and I mixed the passwords up. Should be fixed now.

Also for the new page.

GAF SERVER 2 DETAILS (QUOTE TO SEE):

It's a new world, meant for new characters.

Rules:
- Don't be a dick
- New characters only
- Don't be a dick

I can find it and enter the password, but it immediately says "Lost Connection".

Kept losing connection though. Guess it's living in AUS, probably too far away for stable connection. Sucks.

nah it is not just you.

Is that sale still going on? Over?
Duckroll should update title. Sale is done.

Sarcasm

If you can find a way to get a server running 24/7 we can play. I live in Taiwan.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, internet hiccups on my end (thats why everyone keeps getting kicked). I think i took care of it, also took the time to increase the max slots.

POOL'S OPEN.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, crafting a hookshot made the game 100x better. It's so much easier to reach ledges and mine ore on the ceiling.

Though is there any way to have it point out where the heart containers or other points of interest are in relation to my character? Mining into caverns is good and all but it feels like I've hit a road block in progression (just about found gold semi-regularly).

Treasure hunting potion.

So starting fresh, any tips to look for? Its been ages so I really don't know how to adventure into new things.

I even forgot why I have this square wood walls with two doors and dirt walls and mobs still spawn inside.

Are they natural dirt walls or did you place them yourself? Mobs will spawn inside natural dirt walls.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Oh lol, now I know why the server is going nuts... and why we have so many players.
Who's the wiseguy who advertised the server on www.terrariaonline-servers.com?
And why did you say we had a 9000 player limit?

Ah, in any case, massive overload crashed the server again.

Look, I don't MIND you guys telling non-GAF about the server, but you guys need to be a little more discrete about it... like NOT PUTTING IT ON PUBLIC DIRECTORY.

Dropped out for me again, had been playing fine for ~5 minutes or so though.

And can't connect again.

Sorry HaRyu, I'm new as well, I'm using "Scotticus" at the moment.

Retro

Alright, we had the server maxed out and when Harlan and I did some digging, only THREE PEOPLE knew what the fuck NeoGAF even is; the rest were like "LOL, whut is that". It turns out someone posted the server's ip address to some shitty database and we were flooded with people.

I can only speak for myself when I say this, but it seems shitty that people who don't even know what GAF is are flooding the server that Harlan is personally hosting at his own expense for GAF's exclusive use. Please keep the server's ip under your GAF-hat for the love of god. Friends and such are fine, I guess, but when the server is filled to max capacity and it's just a bunch of random assholes strip-mining, that's bullshit.

Edit: What Harlan said ^^^.
Edit 2: Whoever leaked it, you ruined Terraria for your fellow GAFers tonight. Shaaaaaaame.

Oh lol, now I know why the server is going nuts... and why we have so many players.

Look, I don't MIND you guys telling non-GAF about the server, but you guys need to be a little more discrete about it... like NOT PUTTING IT ON PUBLIC DIRECTORY.

Well, you posted the details for any lurker to see :p That usually means chaos.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Well, you posted the details for any lurker to see :p That usually means chaos.

Never was a problem before. ^o^
Besides, like I said, I don't mind if non-GAF come to play. Some of our best players are non-GAF.
And besides besides, I don't even have the stupid server mods installed yet. Believe me, I was expecting chaos. :p

Ultratech

Welp, that explains all the "new" people and the ensuing chaos that followed. We don't even have a real spawn anymore. :(

I guess change the ip address and make a password for the server? That'd help keep out people we don't want.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I have a 1.1 character but he is probably too stacked for a "new character" server. I've been playing a LOT since the new release.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, that explains all the "new" people and the ensuing chaos that followed. We don't even have a real spawn anymore. :(

I guess change the ip address and make a password for the server? That'd help keep out people we don't want.

Like most modems, all I have to do is just reboot the sucker, boom, new IP. Not a big issue. Debating though if I should even bother to put server up before we get the server mods (its suppose to be tomorrow).

Well crap :/

I kinda liked the plugin support for Tmod. Had some cool plugins running that let people buy property that couldn't be edited by others.

I was gonna use TMod if TShock didn't pan out, but now it looks like TShock is staying, and TMod will fold.

I have a 1.1 character but he is probably too stacked for a "new character" server. I've been playing a LOT since the new release.

When the server gets rebooted (tomorrow, hopefully), any character you've been using solely for 1.1 is allowed (more or less). I have ways of preventing Hard Mode from kicking in, so I can stave that off for a bit until most of us are ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom