• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, apparently, computer shut down in the middle of the night last night. Sorry about that.

Both servers are up, make sure to contact me if you want the password!

ameratsu

okay, the mediumcore bug of having item bonuses reset on death is annoying. I kind of assume people play on softcore or don't die as I don't think I've seen it mentioned in this thread by anyone other than myself.

balddemon

Banned
Someone needs to get on the MP servers :( I hate getting on and no one is there, so I just go back to my own lol.

Soon as I log on to the Easymode world, goblin army arrives :p I love my Adamantite Repeater. Definitely my new favorite weapon.

Vlad

Someone needs to get on the MP servers :( I hate getting on and no one is there, so I just go back to my own lol.

Just tried logging on, and couldn't connect. Weird thing was that if I try to connect using the IP address, it actually tries to connect, but never does, but if I use the dyndns address, it won't even let me hit "accept" when I'm on the port number.

balddemon

Banned
Just tried logging on, and couldn't connect. Weird thing was that if I try to connect using the IP address, it actually tries to connect, but never does, but if I use the dyndns address, it won't even let me hit "accept" when I'm on the port number.

neogafterraria.dyndns.org Port 7777 (for easy mode) or 8888 (hard mode)

If that doesn't work, idk lol.

Huh, apparently, computer shut down in the middle of the night last night. Sorry about that.

Both servers are up, make sure to contact me if you want the password!

send me a PM for Gaf server password please =D

I believe I sent a pm a couple of days ago.

Vlad

neogafterraria.dyndns.org Port 7777 (for easy mode) or 8888 (hard mode)

If that doesn't work, idk lol.

Ahhhh, that explains it. The information in the OP (well, the cluster of OPs) is wrong/out of date.

Apparently I need a password, though... so it's not happening yet :)

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
send me a PM for Gaf server password please =D

I believe I sent a pm a couple of days ago.

Doh, your message said "Thanks", so I kinda assumed I already gave you the password.

Sent you a PM w/ the password.

I pm'd you the pass, cuz I don't know if he reads this thread at work.

Oh, if you guys do give out the password, please let me know to whom. I'd like to keep track of who gave what and who has the password. :p

balddemon

Banned
Doh, your message said "Thanks", so I kinda assumed I already gave you the password.

Sent you a PM w/ the password.

Oh, if you guys do give out the password, please let me know to whom. I'd like to keep track of who gave what and who has the password. :p

Ok, I gave it to Vlad and CLoudius, no one else.

darksagus

I can't wait to get back into this game, I played like 35 hours when it first came out and got everything I wanted, but now that there's a ton more content, it will be like a new game. I thought the devs were gonna add achievements on steam though.

Update is live.

Bug Fixes / Performance
● Reduced the amount of RAM needed to run Terraria.
● Added an option to turn backgrounds off.
● Improved the automatic game quality adjuster.
● Lighting update won’t skip as much on lower quality levels.
● Items dropped on death for hardcore and mediumcore characters will retain their conditions.
● Space Gun now has a value.
● Water Bolt can now have conditions.
● Diving Helmet now works correctly.
● Walls now correctly show behind Glass Blocks.
● You can now untie bound NPC’s with Autopause enabled.
● Mediumcore and hardcore players will drop their cursor item on death.
● Coins held on the cursor will correctly be dropped on death.
● Dryad’s Corruption and Hallow status numbers are correct.
● Wyverns are less common and will be less likely to spawn near the ground.
● Mana Flower's price has been increased.
● Fixed the shadow glitch of trippy lighting.
● Music Boxes no longer dupe when placed on platforms.
● Fixed an issue that caused stacked coins to go missing from chests during multiplayer.
● Cursed Torch item now emits light in water.
● Harpoon can now be reforged.
● Lighting will now be set to Retro instead of crashing if Terraria is unable to switch to the new lighting mode.
● Keybindings will no longer sometimes be set to "None" automatically.
● Bombs thrown by clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
● Crystal Shards now give off light in retro and white color mode.
● Hallowed Armor only has graphical effects with the helmet.
● Players now have hair under their hats.
● Statues no longer turn into Armor Statues when they are smashed from the top.
● Clowns only throw bombs when their target is alive.

Items
● Added Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Green Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Snow Blocks.
● Added Snow Bricks & Walls.
● Added Red, Green, and Blue Lights.
● Added Presents that are dropped by monsters during the holiday season.
● Added Snow Globe.
● Added Santa’s Outfit.

NPC’s
● Added Snowman Gangsta.
● Added Mister Stabby.
● Added Snow Balla.
● Added Santa Claus.

World
● Snow biomes will always be created during world gen during the holiday season. There is a 1 in 3 chance for snow biomes to be created during world gen during the rest of the year.

Guess you need to make a new world for the new biome.

balddemon

Banned
UGh and it's not even 100% of the time. I wonder if it'll be up on mountains/higher elevations? I'm pretty excited, especially since I'm about to take my last final. Mass video games @ home!

Turfster

Started a new world, saw a few flakes of snow, walked towards the left, snow fell harder and there it was! Altitude was about 240 feet above.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
n/m answered above

I really want to see snow, but I've dumped to much time in my post-1.0 world to start over. I'll make a new one and gather some snow blocks to bring home.

Retro

Looks like all mobs drop "Presents" randomly, had a bunch of yellows from normal mobs and some green ones from a boss. Both had candy cane walls inside, though I would expect it's all random.

No snowmen yet either. I started a small world so it would be easier to find the snow biome, maybe it's too small for them to spawn.

Edit: Sounds like the snowglobe item is used to spawn snowmen invasions, that's all.

For those people who don't want to create a new world there's a great little program out there called TEdit, it's a map editor for Terraria. You can select sections of your map (by drawing a box around stuff) and save that section as a "schematic". Then create a new map in the game, open it in TEdit, and paste in your building/buildings. There's also a bunch of checkboxes you can mark off so you don't have to rekill the normal mode bosses and so you can put it closer to a Goblin Invasion. If you have a really big building than you might have to clean up a little section to place it but the map editor has simple tools to draw/erase blocks.

My base in my SP world right now is literally composed of buildings I built when I created my little town in version 1.0.3. I even created the Hellevator in TEdit (just box selected and deleted a tunnel straight to hell, drawing in obsidian/dirt to block in the lava and water). You'll have to kill Wall of Flesh again and run around and smash some altars to populate the new world with ore but that's extraordinarily simple if you've already done it before.

All that being said, I'm not sure if it's updated for the new version yet. It was updated very soon after 1.1 released though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For those people who don't want to create a new world there's a great little program out there called TEdit, it's a map editor for Terraria.
Good because I generated some worlds and not only are the snow biomes tiny, but everything in general is too small and scattered around. There should only be one of each biome so there is plenty of space to run around in them and think "this is really a different environment" not just like 50ft of random desert then a short bit of corruption before a jungle and whatnot. Doesn't make any sense.

Retro

Even the version of TEdit for 1.1 had some bugs (any torches touching new brick types were deleted, for one), but it was just a released beta version anyways (the developer was waiting for 1.1.1 to finalize things).

Here's hoping you can copy and paste the biome in. I'm considering either an iceberg on the beach or picking the highest point in my map and making it a proper snow-capped mountain.

I haven't gotten a snow globe yet. Anyone else?

I guess Santa doesn't stick around after the holidays. Should be fun having seasonal NPCs.

balddemon

Banned
Lol, first world I made, my spawn point is the snow. Pretty legit. Just waiting for dark so I can kill Skeletron again, just to make myself feel awesome. Then we'll see what's on the other side of the map.

EDIT: ok so, I never knew what schematics were for Houston. Thanks for clarifying lol. Too bad I already mined 1000 snow blocks....

Booted the game up for 10 minutes before work. Found my snow biome about half-way left of the spawn and right in/amongst the jungle. It's pretty tiny and nearly completely underwater, so I'll probably regen another world before settling in to this one and building a new base for my fresh character.

Looks like another great update though, content just keeps coming, which has been amazing.

Retro

Eeeeeeee!

Jgt8r.jpg

So, I got a *ton* of Candy Cane walls before I finally got a snow globe. It only took me another dozen or so presents to get a second one (I have to have one for my OCD collection, of course). Snowman Mafia was fun, I died a bunch but I wasn't trying really hard.

I love the Christmas lights, I hope they can be wired (I haven't messed with them much at all) to twinkle on and off in sequence. Snow Bricks / Walls are neat, as is snow itself... Pearlstone bricks/sand already kind of fill that role but snow isn't affected by gravity and the snow wall is actually really nice and subtle. I'm looking forward to using it in various places.

Snow-covered trees are awesome, just wish the snow biome would change regular trees to snow ones. I guess I'll just have to copy and paste them into my world with T-edit. I'm definitely doing a mountain, though an Iceberg in one of the oceans seems like a good fit for the GAF server.

Edit: Wish there was a Christmas Tree item you could place indoors. Maybe next year.

L00P

Ok, the auto select button (shift) is fantastic. Brilliant, even. No longer do I have to keep every damn tool/torches in the hotbar and scroll between them. I can knock out a wall and instantly have my sword ready to fight the slime that's been banging his head against it for the last 10 minutes.
OH MY GOD THAT'S WHAT AUTO SELECT DOES?!?! THIS CHANGES THINGS

just tried it--I don't even need to put my pick and torches in the hotbar anymore! Christ why didn't I find out about this sooner

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Even the version of TEdit for 1.1 had some bugs (any torches touching new brick types were deleted, for one), but it was just a released beta version anyways (the developer was waiting for 1.1.1 to finalize things).

Here's hoping you can copy and paste the biome in. I'm considering either an iceberg on the beach or picking the highest point in my map and making it a proper snow-capped mountain.

I haven't gotten a snow globe yet. Anyone else?

I guess Santa doesn't stick around after the holidays. Should be fun having seasonal NPCs.

For the meantime, the server maps will stay as they are, until I can get confirmation I can cut and paste a snow biome into the maps.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, servers will be down until I can get updated server mods that actually work w/ 1.1.1.

Lets hope that wont be too long...

Grinchy

Banned
OH MY GOD THAT'S WHAT AUTO SELECT DOES?!?! THIS CHANGES THINGS

just tried it--I don't even need to put my pick and torches in the hotbar anymore! Christ why didn't I find out about this sooner

lol I had the same reaction when I realized what it was. It makes me realize how fucking tedious the game was before it was an option.

balddemon

Banned
Holy shit is there a way to add torches in TEdit? I'm trying to get them even all the way down my hell shaft, but it's so fucking frustrating to do it manually.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
What about the snowman? What's the conditions for them to appear?

Haven't tried, but I assume its about the same conditions as having meteor heads pop up? In other words, you need "x amount" of snow blocks in order for that area to spawn the snowmen.

Also, I generated a new personal world last night, and got to the snow biome. I didnt see any snowmen pop up... are they a hard mode enemy?

Haven't tried, but I assume its about the same conditions as having meteor heads pop up? In other words, you need "x amount" of snow blocks in order for that area to spawn the snowmen.

Also, I generated a new personal world last night, and got to the snow biome. I didnt see any snowmen pop up... are they a hard mode enemy?

Yeah. Same here. Hope they're not just for hard mode.

Retro

I thought the snowmen only appear when you use the snow globe?

Yup, snowmen do not naturally appear on their own. The ONLY way to fight them is to summon them with a snow globe, which drops rarely from presents, which all enemies drop until the end of the year. It's our first season-exclusive content, hopefully the first of many.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to grab an updated version of the beta mods.

Okay, the normal world server is currently up, I'm working on the hard mode world, hopefully be up later today. If you've been on the world before, you'll notice I managed to import a nice chunk of snow biome (go right, from the NPC town).

Also, those who had logged in before and were racking up points, due to certain exploits, I had to change the ranking requirements. Some of you will notice that you've gone down in rank. Please be aware that you did not lose points (total points earned, not what you're carrying). I basically refunded your ranks, then ranked up your characters with the refunded points, based on the new rank requirements.

balddemon

Banned
Managed to grab an updated version of the beta mods.

Okay, the normal world server is currently up, I'm working on the hard mode world, hopefully be up later today. If you've been on the world before, you'll notice I managed to import a nice chunk of snow biome (go right, from the NPC town).

Also, those who had logged in before and were racking up points, due to certain exploits, I had to change the ranking requirements. Some of you will notice that you've gone down in rank. Please be aware that you did not lose points (total points earned, not what you're carrying). I basically refunded your ranks, then ranked up your characters with the refunded points, based on the new rank requirements.

I think we need a new hardmode world, the last one is really messy. Maybe with a prebuilt hellshaft to make killing Woffy easier :)

Drazgul

Yup, snowmen do not naturally appear on their own. The ONLY way to fight them is to summon them with a snow globe, which drops rarely from presents, which all enemies drop until the end of the year. It's our first season-exclusive content, hopefully the first of many.

We'll be able to get presents all-year round, but after dec. 31st, only mobs in the snow biome will drop them.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I think we need a new hardmode world, the last one is really messy. Maybe with a prebuilt hellshaft to make killing Woffy easier :)

I dont mind making a new map for the Hard Mode server, the only reason why we're using the "chaos" map (w/c was used during the period when some idiot posted server info on that website), is because its already in "Hard Mode".

If you guys would prefer to have a totally fresh world, that you can convert to Hard Mode at any time, I'm willing to scrap the current Hard Mode map and make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom