• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooJoh

I just found out Snowglobes only drop in hardmode. I'm disappointed since I only just killed Skeletron for the first time so I'll probably miss out on the Christmas clothes and lights. :( Seems like something that should be available to all players easily, and then they could throw in some Christmas themed weapons or something for hardmode.

Vlad

I just found out Snowglobes only drop in hardmode. I'm disappointed since I only just killed Skeletron for the first time so I'll probably miss out on the Christmas clothes and lights. :( Seems like something that should be available to all players easily, and then they could throw in some Christmas themed weapons or something for hardmode.

If you want, I've got more than enough cash on my character to get you a set, if you want to meet up in the NeoGaf server at some point.

BooJoh

If you want, I've got more than enough cash on my character to get you a set, if you want to meet up in the NeoGaf server at some point.

I should be fine on money, I just don't have the means to access Santa at the moment because he can only be spawned in hardmode. I don't have access to the GAF server yet either, I've only played single player so far.

Vlad

I should be fine on money, I just don't have the means to access Santa at the moment because he can only be spawned in hardmode. I don't have access to the GAF server yet either, I've only played single player so far.

The servers seem to be down at the moment anyway, and yeah, I kind of forgot that you can just get on a server that DOES have Santa available.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
The servers seem to be down at the moment anyway, and yeah, I kind of forgot that you can just get on a server that DOES have Santa available.

That's odd, computer turned off on me...

All right, servers are back up. Oh, and it was mentioned earlier, do we want a fresh world for the Hard Mode sever?

Spent this weekend harvesting snow from another world and bringing it back to my main 1.1.1 world. Now got a huge snow area, and I've got a floating island directly above the snow area, so I've built a 'quick chute' up to the island out of snow brick and converted the island to hallow surface + snow. Looks awesome.

So much versatility now, there's so many biomes and resulting construction materials to choose from. Makes base building insanely cool fun.

Grinchy

Banned
Makes base building insanely cool fun.

Was that a snow pun?

haha but I might have to do that too. I want a snow biome but I just made a new world the last time I played. I didn't really want to start over again and I didn't really want to use an editor.

Retro

Just as an FYI, it appears you can plant Acorns on snow and a snow-covered tree will appear.

As for my own world, I started a new homeworld since I made some changes and decisions on the old one that I just wasn't happy with. I used TEdit to import the buildings I already had and put them in a better location. I also increased my world size to Medium just because a small world felt absurdly small after the last few months on the large GAF server.

I'll get some screenshots up, but I went and took the highest point on my map, increased their elevation substantially, and then piled snow on top of them so I have a cool Mountain biome complete with snow. I actually have two peaks with a nice little valley between them, and I'm looking forward to making a little cabin there for shits and giggles. Even has a lake.

Armory, Greenhouse, Mage's Tower and Healing Temple are complete. Still need to do the Crafting Tower, Archives, Construction Tower, Costume Shop, Bank, General Store, and my home Tower... so yeah, got a lot to do, still.

Was that a snow pun?

haha but I might have to do that too. I want a snow biome but I just made a new world the last time I played. I didn't really want to start over again and I didn't really want to use an editor.

Yeah a bit haha..

It really wasn't that big a job with the Hamdrax. And placing the snow is pretty quick too, don't have to go down that many tiles as it's darkness anyway. Only thing slightly time consuming was hollowing out my floating island and then replacing it with snow haha.. Pretty OCD though, so I enjoy it.

Sarcasm

Do you start with a random type copper pickaxe? (Tools)

I have a

Legendary Copper Axe
5 melee damage
9% critical strike chance
Fast speed
Very weak knockback
35% pickaxe power
+25% damage
+9% speed
+5% critical strike chance
+10% size
+15% knockback

And a forceful wooden hammer....

Finally defeated The Destroyer yesterday, really really easy... like disappointingly so. I literally just stood there with my Dao of Pow laying on the floor next to me while he constantly ran through me. I was originally jumping around trying to avoid him but I realized he only did a tiny bit of damage and if I let him hit me, thanks to the cross necklace, I would go immune long enough that my health regen and the random hearts that would drop off the probes would keep me at full health. I might have to fight him again with my magic gear and see how that goes...

At least I got an Excalibur... and it's Legendary - does it always come out Legendary or did I just get lucky as hell?

kazinova

Sounds like you got lucky, most of my stuff drops as nameless regular gear. Which is better than "broken" or "shitty" I suppose.

Sounds like you got lucky, most of my stuff drops as nameless regular gear. Which is better than "broken" or "shitty" I suppose.
Yeah, I'm a little confused how gear is given it's random attributes. I guess it's not a bug that sometimes you get absolutely no special attributes. Would be cool if everything just came pre-enchanted (though it did really suck when the Crystal Storm I crafted came with an "Ignorant" mod)

kazinova

It's probably too much to ask for and would quickly be decoded and broken but I'd much prefer in the crafted items came with a modifier based on location, time of day, distance to crafting station and other stats to determine the quality rather than random.

Though random attributes definitely goes well with a goblin. So the Tinkerer being a random jerk makes sense to me.

kevm3

I want to see weather in an update, and even extreme weather that makes finding shelter necessary. Like it may rain or it may really storm and lightning strikes can kill you. Hail can take damage off, or there may be a tornado. That would be interesting.

balddemon

Banned
I unbanned you from the normal server.
You had Red Torches over the allowed limit (247?). I think max stack is suppose to be 99.

yeahhhhhh I was lining my hell shaft with them and was tired of having 8 stacks of 99 torches....lol. I didn't realize that was bannable. Thanks.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
yeahhhhhh I was lining my hell shaft with them and was tired of having 8 stacks of 99 torches....lol. I didn't realize that was bannable. Thanks.

Well, based on the bans that have occurred so far:

-any item stack that's over the standard maximum is considered bannable. This would either occur if: a) you use a client mod that'll let you do that -or- b) you go on a modded server that gives out such stacks.

-"placing impossible blocks", w/c CAN also apply to simply opening chests from a distance, w/c can be done w/ a client mod.

Just be careful- I don't think I can tweak the anti-grief rules to ignore the client mods, so just be aware that if you can't really do it normally, it might cause issues.

balddemon

Banned
Well, based on the bans that have occurred so far:

-any item stack that's over the standard maximum is considered bannable. This would either occur if: a) you use a client mod that'll let you do that -or- b) you go on a modded server that gives out such stacks.

-"placing impossible blocks", w/c CAN also apply to simply opening chests from a distance, w/c can be done w/ a client mod.

Just be careful- I don't think I can tweak the anti-grief rules to ignore the client mods, so just be aware that if you can't really do it normally, it might cause issues.

Yeah, should just be common sense lol, but I forgot I had all those stacks.

Anyways, if you don't mind, could you put a new hardmode world up? My world is pretty much developed the way I want it, and it would be fun to develop a new fresh one with other people.

How the hell do you kill the wall of flesh? Do I really have to build a flat surface to fight on? What weapons should I use?

This sucks, I want hardmode :(

balddemon

Banned
How the hell do you kill the wall of flesh? Do I really have to build a flat surface to fight on? What weapons should I use?

Yeah build a platform. I used the star cannon the first time, but that took me a longass time to get the stuff for. Minishark works too, use meteor bullets. That's the only way I've ever defeated it - with ranged weapons.

Yep, my friend and I built a giant bridge to kill it, and it was pretty easy. The bridge makes it so you can constantly be attacking since you don't have to worry about traversal. I was using a Sunfury and my friend had a Demon Scythe, and we killed it on our first try.

Vlad

Always remember to use whatever buffs you can. For my initial WoF run, I always went in with Featherfall, IronSkin, Well Fed, and Thorns. It won't win it for you, but it'll certainly help you last longer.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Both worlds have been taken down for maintenance, in case anyone attempts to try. Will post when they go back up.

It looks like they finally released an official version of the server mod software, so I'll be setting that up (and making sure it works). Its unforunately late at night, I'm tired, and I still have work to suffer through tomorrow, so dont expect the servers to go back up until tomorrow night.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Server(s) are back up, let me know if there's any issues.

Hard mode server's map has been reset, so its all fresh and clean, and technically not hard mode right now, someone go fix that. :p

Also, for future reference: building stuff in Hard Mode is more or less unrestricted. On the other hand, building stuff on the normal server, there are some guidelines that need to be followed (like where you can build, etc). Ask me or Retro for any clarifications.

balddemon

Banned
Server(s) are back up, let me know if there's any issues.

Hard mode server's map has been reset, so its all fresh and clean, and technically not hard mode right now, someone go fix that. :p

Also, for future reference: building stuff in Hard Mode is more or less unrestricted. On the other hand, building stuff on the normal server, there are some guidelines that need to be followed (like where you can build, etc). Ask me or Retro for any clarifications.

GOOD. Demon's Souls was pissing me off to the point where I was about to go to bed....at 9pm?? Needed something else to do lol, thanks.

EDIT: Hardmode server isn't updated :p at least neogafterraria.dyndns.org:8888 isn't working for me.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
GOOD. Demon's Souls was pissing me off to the point where I was about to go to bed....at 9pm?? Needed something else to do lol, thanks.

EDIT: Hardmode server isn't updated :p at least neogafterraria.dyndns.org:8888 isn't working for me.

Hmmm... I reloaded it, try it again.

EDIT: Ehh.. okay... maybe not... one moment.

EDIT 2: Okay, now its fixed.

Ryan_

Hi guys,

just found this thread and since my friend and I been playing for a while now and sincewe are both gaffers we would like to try out the hardmode server.

However, it says it requires a password. Can someone PM this to me? Of if there's anything else we should do like accept to a set of rules or anything, let me know :)

Hope to see you there soon!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Hi guys,

just found this thread and since my friend and I been playing for a while now and sincewe are both gaffers we would like to try out the hardmode server.

However, it says it requires a password. Can someone PM this to me? Of if there's anything else we should do like accept to a set of rules or anything, let me know :)

Hope to see you there soon!

Normal Mode Server: has a "leveling" system, shard system used so you can buy items, certain privileges are unusable until you are ranked correctly, region locks are enabled, certain areas cannot be built on, primarily a casual server, no hard mode (but we can summon hard mode bosses, except Woffie), come here to build and/or hang out, registration and logging in is required

Hard Mode Server: full privileges, shard system, no restrictions on building, registration and logging in is required

In cases of both servers, it is preferred you login w/ the same username, so its easier for me to track. You can also request a balance transfer of shards from one server to another if you'd like (you have to let me know though).

Actual access to the servers does require a password, w/c must be requested. Preferrably, either PM me, or Retro. If someone else gives you the password, or if you give the password to someone else, LET ME KNOW. I will ban people off the server if I have no idea where they got the password in the first place. Dumb rule, but its because people have caused a world where we can't have nice things. :p

I've PM'd you the password.

So me and Ryan_ have made a "hellavator", this 'll take you straight to hell. (On the hardmode server). It's a small distance to the right of the spawnpoint.

If anyone wants to kill the wall of flesh, feel free to do so. We don't have time atm.

Enjoy!

balddemon

Banned
So me and Ryan_ have made a "hellavator", this 'll take you straight to hell. (On the hardmode server). It's a small distance to the right of the spawnpoint.

If anyone wants to kill the wall of flesh, feel free to do so. We don't have time atm.

Enjoy!

Oh good that means I don't have to do it alone lol. It's a lot easier with 2 people. I'll kill him and bomb the shit outta the place with holy water (literally)

Ryan_

Quick update on the Hellevator:

It is now also safe to use for those of you who have yet to find rocket boots or craft a grapling hook as we put a little puddle of water at the bottom. This means you will not have any fall damage so feel free to alt-tab.

The hellevator is now also connected with 2 tunnels leading to the both sides of hell, as a safe start for exploring and mining.

Oh, and merry christmas everybody :)

Sarcasm

So I have three merchants. I started building more floors than noticed gus switched rooms. I went into the housing icon and his previous room become unsuitable..why? Hes been there for like 8 hours....

So I have three merchants. I started building more floors than noticed gus switched rooms. I went into the housing icon and his previous room become unsuitable..why? Hes been there for like 8 hours....

Where you assign rooms, click the Question Mark icon and then click the room

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Finally got the game. I have been enjoying it so far, despite some confusion I had in the beginning... But definitely looking forward understand it in depth.

demolitio

I feel so lost returning to this game after a few months of not playing it. Is the server down currently I take it?

I wish I cleaned out my chest on the server before the big update...lol

darksagus

Am I the only one who finds it annoying that the excalibur doesnt change direction while you're swinging it? I had mindless fun swinging the phasesaber back and forth while falling down to the underworld.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hey guys =) just got this off the steam special and I've got to say it's one hell of a game!

I am looking for someone to start a shared game, mostly looking for another newbie...

Core Zero

I need to acquire some Christmas lights, but I don't have a hardmode-ready world, and won't before the event is over, and it appears HaRyu's servers are down.

If a kind soul could stock some up to sell to me once the server is back up, I would be very appreciative. Or is there some other way of getting them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom