• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT2| The Hallowed Land Of Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Nobody's hosting a server at all? I'd like to jump back into the game, but Terraria's significantly better with other people.

mclaren777

Any idea why the Merchant still hasn't moved in yet?

I have well over 200 silver coins.

iQaWfrp1JSJ7h.jpg

Retro

Any idea why the Merchant still hasn't moved in yet?

I have well over 200 silver coins.

Those aren't legitimate rooms. You'll need to add wooden floors level with the stone floors in those rooms.

Open your inventory, and over your equipment will be a house icon. The ? item will allow you to click a room and see if it can be moved into.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I tried both servers listed in this thread. Neither work. Maybe with the sale we could get one back running again.

I can start the server back up for the weekend if people really want to play again. It'll be the vanilla flavor of the server though. (I don't feel like going through the trouble of getting all the server mods again).

If people are interested, PM me. If I get enough interest, I'll run the server later tonight, when I get back home from work.

I can start the server back up for the weekend if people really want to play again. It'll be the vanilla flavor of the server though. (I don't feel like going through the trouble of getting all the server mods again).

If people are interested, PM me. If I get enough interest, I'll run the server later tonight, when I get back home from work.

I was gonna look it up and then I realized that Tmod doesn't even exist anymore... lol

SmokyDave

There are very few games that I dare not play for fear of addiction. Terraria is one of them. If this topic is going to find itself at the top of the page a lot, I need to book a couple of weeks off work.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
played only 15 minutes of it yesterday. Seems like fun, though I'm just starting to learn the menu system.

And how do you "place" a torch, instead of throwing it?

played only 15 minutes of it yesterday. Seems like fun, though I'm just starting to learn the menu system.

load item....find suitable spot (wall, ground) be kinda close to spot and just left click.

Im thinking same thing dave.....i just got over a terarria addiction like a month ago and with 30 days terarria clean I shouldnt be hanging in this thread. People,places, things

Taffer

Don't drag it from your pockets, place it on your hotbar and use the mousewheel or number keys to select it (or click on it on the hotbar), then you click where you want it.

SmokyDave

Im thinking same thing dave.....i just got over a terarria addiction like a month ago and with 30 days terarria clean I shouldnt be hanging in this thread. People,places, things

Yup, as soon as I saw the thread in my subscriptions, the cravings hit.

Put about 100 hours in on the first week or two. Ended up pulling all-nighters, going straight to work and then coming home and unpausing the game. I was a mess man.

This game is hazardous to your free time.

Vlad

Don't drag it from your pockets, place it on your hotbar and use the mousewheel or number keys to select it (or click on it on the hotbar), then you click where you want it.

Even better to use the context sensitive placement thing (I think it was shift-clicking) to just place it straight from your inventory. Don't even need to have it on your hotbar, if I remember correctly.

Even better to use the context sensitive placement thing (I think it was shift-clicking) to just place it straight from your inventory. Don't even need to have it on your hotbar, if I remember correctly.

Yup. You don't need your pickaxe in the hotbar anymore.

So happy for you new comers.

mclaren777

My hardware: 2600K + GTX460

Terraria was smooth for the first eight hours and it ran comfortably at 60fps with plenty of overhead, but now, it's barely hitting 20fps and it's maxing out my GPU. It only seems to happen after I change the size of the window or toggle fullscreen mode.

Any ideas why?

Edit: I restarted my computer and that restored everything to its former 60fps glory.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My hardware: 2600K + GTX460

Terraria was smooth for the first eight hours and it ran comfortably at 60fps with plenty of overhead, but now, it's barely hitting 20fps and it's maxing out my GPU. It only seems to happen after I change the size of the window or toggle fullscreen mode.

Any ideas why?
Did you disable frame skipping?

Retro

Is it possible to make multiple story "apartments" so that I can house multiple people in one building?

Absolutely... but it's more fun to build towns for them...

I never did get around to building a house for me. Doesn't seem to be a point, I guess.

Absolutely... but it's more fun to build towns for them...

I never did get around to building a house for me. Doesn't seem to be a point, I guess.

Your Guide's abode is too good for him. But I'm sure you kept them in line with the occasional voodoo doll in the lava.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
All right, I'm home. Anyone want the server up?

And if so, do we want a fresh clean server, or one that has stuff on it already.

Retro

Your Guide's abode is too good for him. But I'm sure you kept them in line with the occasional voodoo doll in the lava.

I originally built it on HaRyu's server, as a haunted house in the middle of the corruption. I liked it so much that I had him send me the schematic, and retro-fitted it as a library.

Better picture here:

TEdit doesn't like rendering walls, especially glass, but you get the gist.

Really don't NEED a library, since there's only a handful of spell books (and I keep those in the Mage's tower). I keep my statues in the little underground portion with the wiring on the right. I guess I just like building shit and every town needs a library, right?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Server: 96.254.233.206
Port: 7777
No Password

Report all asshats to me- contact me on Steam (HarlanRyudo) or complain about it here or send me a PM here.

I'm feeling especially evil today, so I will ban indiscriminately, please keep that in mind, and play nice.

If at all possible, try and use new characters, or relatively new characters. Not a iron-clad rule though, you can bring in old characters if you want.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ACTIVATE HARDMODE YET. Let the new guys at least enjoy the peace for a day or two. :p

Extra note: I'm just running the server, not actually in there playing right now. I "might" be looking at the server window from time to time, so you can talk to me through there too, but I can't guarantee I'll answer. :p

Mdeezy

Server: 96.254.233.206
Port: 7777
No Password

Report all asshats to me- contact me on Steam (HarlanRyudo) or complain about it here or send me a PM here.

I'm feeling especially evil today, so I will ban indiscriminately, please keep that in mind, and play nice.

If at all possible, try and use new characters, or relatively new characters. Not a iron-clad rule though, you can bring in old characters if you want.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ACTIVATE HARDMODE YET. Let the new guys at least enjoy the peace for a day or two. :p

Extra note: I'm just running the server, not actually in there playing right now. I "might" be looking at the server window from time to time, so you can talk to me through there too, but I can't guarantee I'll answer. :p

thx.Going in now. Anyone wanna join?

Yeah if you look at mclaren777's pic, adding wooden platforms at the openings should make it livable.

That seems odd. How does a single wooden platform do that?

Anyone here is my current house. All the other villagers live in hovels because I give 0 fucks about them.

Terraria.jpg

edit: How do I grow plants exactly? I have quite a few seeds, but I don't know how to plant them, or if there are any special requirements. Do some plants have to avoid being grown in light? Do someone only grow in water?

T
edit: How do I grow plants exactly? I have quite a few seeds, but I don't know how to plant them, or if there are any special requirements. Do some plants have to avoid being grown in light? Do someone only grow in water?

yep on all.

most seeds just require dirt, some only bloom at night(moonglow), and not sure bout underwater but i dont recall any. a vase/pot works to if you feeling decorative

just whack the grass to get rid of it to get to dirt (forget wat tool....pickaxe maybe??)

yep on all.

most seeds just require dirt, some only bloom at night(moonglow), and not sure bout underwater but i dont recall any. a vase/pot works to if you feeling decorative

just whack the grass to get rid of it to get to dirt (forget wat tool....pickaxe maybe??)

Ok so I plant seeds in bare dirt.

I actually had a vase, but it wouldn't let me plant anything in it. Dunno why.

Retro

UGH. Terraria trolls are the WORST.

So, I'm on there, hoping some GAFers will show up so I can give em some basic starter gear, advice, and send them on their way.

Suddenly a dozen people show up.
One starts building a boss platform over spawn.
Another starts dropping infinite dynamite.

When I ask "Who here is from NeoGAF?", NOBODY ANSWERS.

Somehow the IP gets out there and it's open season. Harlan had to reboot the server because they had pushed to hell and were about to spawn Wall of Flesh... on a fresh world intended for people who just got the game. And these people show up and it's decimated the server in seconds. On top of that, these new guys were handing out loot. Dunno if any GAFers got in on it, but getting hard mode-level gear and grappling hooks and stuff before you even get any armor ruins the game.

UGH. Needed to vent.

Edit: Oh, what a surprise, that's how the IP got out there. An obnoxious, annoying non-GAFfer who used to hang out on the server and disrespectfully wreck everyone's shit posted it to some Terraria server list.
Thanks Kaoss, consider yourself back on the block/ban list.

Hm? I mean by adding wooden platforms all across the stone gaps.

Use clay pots for planting. Vases are just for decoration.

Derp. I meant a clay pot. Nothing growing in it though.

Also good to know about the apartments. I got a good stash of gold/iron/silver on my recent dig. I'm going to add another floor.

Mdeezy

UGH. Terraria trolls are the WORST.

So, I'm on there, hoping some GAFers will show up so I can give em some basic starter gear, advice, and send them on their way.

Suddenly a dozen people show up.
One starts building a boss platform over spawn.
Another starts dropping infinite dynamite.

When I ask "Who here is from NeoGAF?", NOBODY ANSWERS.

Somehow the IP gets out there and it's open season. Harlan had to reboot the server because they had pushed to hell and were about to spawn Wall of Flesh... on a fresh world intended for people who just got the game. And these people show up and it's decimated the server in seconds. On top of that, these new guys were handing out loot. Dunno if any GAFers got in on it, but getting hard mode-level gear and grappling hooks and stuff before you even get any armor ruins the game.

UGH. Needed to vent.

Edit: Oh, what a surprise, that's how the IP got out there. An obnoxious, annoying non-GAFfer who used to hang out on the server and disrespectfully wreck everyone's shit posted it to some Terraria server list.
Thanks Kaoss, consider yourself back on the block/ban list.

I was wondering what was happening lol. I was the one who told you they were bombing the ground to hell. My character name is the same as my GAF name

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Weekend Terraria GAF server will be up sometime in the morning, Eastern Time. The IP I posted earlier will not be the server address. Server Info will be posted in the morning also.

Retro

I was wondering what was happening lol. I was the one who told you they were bombing the ground to hell. My character name is the same as my GAF name

Yeah, you and I were the only GAFers on there. Everyone else had picked up the IP address from a site that people can post server addresses to. We had a non-GAFer who used to hang out on the server (and was quite obnoxious too) take the IP and post it for anyone to find. Server filled up with morons really quick.

I must have been off digging when they started bombing, but I noticed it as soon as I got back to the spawnpoint, since everything was destroyed.

Weekend Terraria GAF server will be up sometime in the morning, Eastern Time. The IP I posted earlier will not be the server address. Server Info will be posted in the morning also.

Sounds good, thanks for hosting things again.

Ferrio

Banned
If you post an IP you should post it in an email tag, so only people who can quote can see it

Quote my post as an example.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Had to flush the IP to get a new one. And yeah, using the email tag thing now. I didn't know before because I just didn't know how. Retro told me how to do it. :p

Anyway, server is back up, here's the rules:

1. DONT give out the IP and/or password to non-GAF UNLESS you ask my permission first.
2. If you are non-GAF and you're just reading this post, YOU WILL NOT GET ON THE SERVER. Sorry non-GAF, due to the derp derp derpiness of one non-GAF, I won't deal with this kind of crap anymore. However, if you're non-GAF, you shouldnt be able to see the server info anyway.
2. DONT activate HARDMODE (get my permission first)
3. DONT mess up any local areas around someone's building projects.
4. DONT drain the oceans.
5. This server will be more or less up the entire weekend (until Monday morning EST). So that means it'll probably even run while I sleep.
6. I'm not flat out banning explosives, but I ask that explosives NOT be used near buildings, NOR be used topside. Also, indiscriminately just throwing bombs around with no purpose is also a no-no.
7. Report all asshats to me if anyone breaks the above rules.

This is a fresh, untouched, large world, in case any one was wondering.
And now, the server info, quote post to see it.

Picked this up with for $2.50 and I've been playing it with a friend on a private server. 9 hours in 2 work days, buhhh. It's fun in its own way, but it reminds me of why I refuse to ever play Minecraft because I don't feel like spending colossal amounts of my time on it. Especially when the game is already established and has lots of mods and methods for accomplishing stuff efficiently. Kind of a weird one for me, might jump on to the GAF server some time.

Will people not switch housing at certain times or under certain conditions? I have 3 open "this housing is suitable" spaces, but they are super tiny boxes basically. Nobody will move into these spaces but I'm not sure if that is because it was night, or because they have superior housing already on the far side of town.

Retro

Will people not switch housing at certain times or under certain conditions? I have 3 open "this housing is suitable" spaces, but they are super tiny boxes basically. Nobody will move into these spaces but I'm not sure if that is because it was night, or because they have superior housing already on the far side of town.

Click the house icon above your inventory. Click the portrait of the NPC you want to move, and click in the room you want them in. They will move in once you move off-screen (They don't just appear). If the room isn't valid, it will tell you.

Click the house icon above your inventory. Click the portrait of the NPC you want to move, and click in the room you want them in. They will move in once you move off-screen (They don't just appear). If the room isn't valid, it will tell you.

I'm doing that. I've had people switch housing before. But it isn't working despite the housing being valid.

I click the face icon of the person, click the room, and get "This Housing is Suitable."

Retro

I'm doing that. I've had people switch housing before. But it isn't working despite the housing being valid.

I click the face icon of the person, click the room, and get "This Housing is Suitable."

Does the little banner move into the room? If so, they should move in eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom