• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT3| 1.2 many things to dig...

Taffer

I honestly can't tell if they're grown, I can see sprouts in three or four pots but the rest look empty. That's easily enough water though, if in doubt just leave them, they're big and obvious when mature.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Guess the Halloween patch is supposed to go live tonight. Here's the patch notes, such as they are; https://docs.google.com/document/d/15h6WlLtCSNDF5_MLPUY-27icQI7FhYZEGRCJEG58f6Y/preview?sle=true

Eh... if that's the case, server will be down until the TShock mod is updated to match the upcoming Terraria update. (There's no helping it, if you guys update, you wouldnt be able to get into the server anyway, because it would be essentially running on an old version)

When I update everything, I'll make sure to post to let you all know the server is up.

IceMarker

Even with this relatively small patch the amount of stuff they have added... just wow.

Including the new event with new bosses.

Sarcasm

Well I got it to work..I got rid of the shroom farm and stuff and the waterleaf grew.

46718626F4F36306906312CB6FBAD24E47939999

So much new stuff ! This is awesome :) I had taken a break from playing, but now I'm looking for new stuff ! I suppose the NeoGAF server will stay non-hardmode since it is mainly for building stuff ? I still have to see the new Pumpkin Moon event.

garath

Aww. I was just about to get to a point to make the spectre armor. :(

It's hard finding Chlorophyte. I think I've found 7 bars worth so far? Going to be awhile before I can do anything beyond destroyer.

Have 1 turtle shell so far too. 2 more to go!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
So much new stuff ! This is awesome :) I had taken a break from playing, but now I'm looking for new stuff ! I suppose the NeoGAF server will stay non-hardmode since it is mainly for ppbuilding stuff ? I still have to see the new Pumpkin Moon event.

It honestly depends on what's the average strength of the players who come on the server. If most of who come on can take hard mode, I can probably pull the trigger. Or maybe put up a 2nd server strictly for hard mode.

CTLance

Garath, you do know you can farm chlorophyte ore, right?
Terraria Wiki said:
Once hardmode starts, Chlorophyte Ore will start to grow, converting Mud and Jungle Grass into more Chlorophyte, and there is also a small chance for Jungle Grass to spontaneously spawn Chlorophyte Ore in Mud within ten tiles distance. However, all this only occurs at Underground Jungle level. Chlorophyte Ore will not grow or spawn if there are more than 25 Chlorophyte blocks within 30 tiles, or if there is more than 150 within 80 tiles.

Try to leave one block of ore left from every deposit you mine and you can come back later to find it has replenished itself with the surrounding mud.

An easy way to have chlorophyte farms as large as you desire is to spread 5x5 blocks of mud with a kernel of ore in the center 30 blocks apart in a row. This will ensure that every mud block has the potential to be a chlorophyte ore given enough time. 3x3 blocks of mud (again with a seed ore in the middle) spaced 15 blocks apart still give a 92.5% conversion rate.

garath

Garath, you do know you can farm chlorophyte ore, right?

Oohh. Interesting. I can manage that. Pretty easy to set that up. Thanks!

Edit: found around 50 ores tonight. I planted 1 inside a big chunk of mud in about 10 different places. Let's see if it grows :)

Kouriozan

Looks like my bro stopped playing >.<
I might come in the server after all, will try to get every normal mode magic weapons.

XaeonBE

Halloween costumes look pretty cool. Still don't got them all though. But I will be getting them when I have more time to play.

VandalD

The new pumpkin moon event is pretty mean. I'm using stat potions and imbues just to survive and kill as many things as I can, which is a nice change from just vampire knife tanking anything I can't kill in two seconds. Even set up a trap area for the whole thing, which isn't something I normally do. I've made it to wave 13 at the highest. By then, you have to kill so many things to get to the next wave that I don't see how one person alone could do it.

IceMarker

The new pumpkin moon event is pretty mean. I'm using stat potions and imbues just to survive and kill as many things as I can, which is a nice change from just vampire knife tanking anything I can't kill in two seconds. Even set up a trap area for the whole thing, which isn't something I normally do. I've made it to wave 13 at the highest. By then, you have to kill so many things to get to the next wave that I don't see how one person alone could do it.

Spectre Armor + Magnet Sphere + Inferno Fork = LOL EZ

VandalD

What the heck is all that fire on the ground level. Is that yours? How are you doing that?
Those are flame traps taken out of the Lizhahzhard temple. I toggled them to the background with actuators. For some reason, they're bugged right now to give you life when they do damage and you're wearing Spectre Armor, which might be part of what's confusing you.

garath

Those are flame traps taken out of the Lizhahzhard temple. I toggled them to the background with actuators. For some reason, they're bugged right now to give you life when they do damage and you're wearing Spectre Armor, which might be part of what's confusing you.

Ahh. wow. that's crazy. Thanks :)

Too bad I'm nowhere near that point. Haven't even beaten plantera yet. No pumpkin moon for me.

That was some incredible healing. I want that spectre armor lol.

VandalD

Ahh. wow. that's crazy. Thanks :)

Too bad I'm nowhere near that point. Haven't even beaten plantera yet. No pumpkin moon for me.

That was some incredible healing. I want that spectre armor lol.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. With enough enemies, you can live through anything so far. I still like to use a melee set otherwise though. High defense and vampire knives work well with general exploring and enemy killing.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn. I was so pumped that I got the Rod of Discord only to find out they implemented that stupid Chaos State.

Just bought this the other day on my PS3, played about twenty minutes just arsing around. Watched a couple of beginner's tip videos on YT, but is there anything I need to know before I get stuck in properly?

VandalD

Just bought this the other day on my PS3, played about twenty minutes just arsing around. Watched a couple of beginner's tip videos on YT, but is there anything I need to know before I get stuck in properly?
The only big thing I can think of (without flat out telling you the typical progression of the game) is to talk to the guide when you don't know what to do. His help as far as what you can craft with specific items tends to be very helpful. If an item says Material on it, you can make something out of it and find out what that is by asking the guide.

The only big thing I can think of (without flat out telling you the typical progression of the game) is to talk to the guide when you don't know what to do. His help as far as what you can craft with specific items tends to be very helpful. If an item says Material on it, you can make something out of it and find out what that is by asking the guide.

That's the first guy, yeah? I take it one of the first things to do is build a house to hide in (and one for him)? I got my arse kicked by zombies and the flying eye when I last played. Or is it better to build a cave/house as my base and then dig down and explore from there?

VandalD

That's the first guy, yeah? I take it one of the first things to do is build a house to hide in (and one for him)? I got my arse kicked by zombies and the flying eye when I last played. Or is it better to build a cave/house as my base and then dig down and explore from there?
Yeah, you should start with the guide on any new world. You don't have to build him a house, but it's easier to keep him and yourself from dying if you do so. You'll want to build a lot of houses eventually anyway to attract all the other NPCs to your world, who will only move in when you have empty housing. It's up to you whether you want to have your housing above, below, or on ground. Just be aware that if you go underground, you'll have to knock out the back wall and place your own walls.

Retro

What's next? Strabound or Edge of space? Which one is made by the terraria team?

Neither. Starbound was designed by Terraria's artist, who left when it was essentially abandoned for more than a year.

No idea who is involved with Edge of Space, but Starbound is probably the game you want if you're looking for more Terraria-like gameplay.

VandalD

Edge of Space has been available to buy for a while now. It hasn't left a good impression on me, but I haven't tried it in several months. Could be worth the time by now. Most are moving on to Starbound.

Retro

Anyone know if the console versions will get any of the recent PC updates?

No clue. It's a completely different company that handles the console ports and they don't really interact with the community on a regular basis as one would hope / expect for a game like this.

Ugh, I tried playing this on my PS3 last night and the controls aren't good. Building a house is much harder than it needs to be; I struggled around for about 10 minutes before quitting. I'll try again tonight.

Finally started playing again after a long year. Don't have my old character, so I started a new one. Finally got myself a starfury and was hyped, until I realized that 1.2 shit on that weapon hard. It used to be good. =[ Now it just does this one tiny star that just suuuuucks.

These new biomes are a pain in my ass too. I don't remember all of these biomes like jungle, hornets, and snow.

I finally got the game during the PS3 sale and I really like it. I don't have a clue where to begin though, or have any rhythm on what I should be doing during the day/night. So far I built a very basic house with a bench/anvil/furnace, and made a basement that I just keep digging down in.

Any little beginner tips? I want to figure most of it out as I go, but some minor pointers might guide me in the right direction.

Top Bottom