• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Does the new video ident and tease of "something big" on the podcast mean we might see some Jamie content soon?

So far they only did the one video with him correct? Or did I miss something?

Edit...Holy shit at the water ballon video. GIFS. WE NEED GIFS!

LiK

Listening to the Thanksgiving Ep. Really enjoy whenever they talk about video games. If you need a Spartan Ops coop buddy, lemme know.

Megasoum

Banned
Does the new video ident and tease of "something big" on the podcast mean we might see some Jamie content soon?

So far they only did the one video with him correct? Or did I miss something?

Edit...Holy shit at the water ballon video. GIFS. WE NEED GIFS!

No it means the site re-design is coming in the next month.

xptoxyz

Not sure which is funnier.

iyqw1csJ4Aw9L.png

iNEylKZDUw9MK.png

Zaph

Tested Test Drives the Tesla Model S Electric Car (22:46)

I wish i could afford that car. It's on some serious next level shit.
All things considered, it's pretty damn affordable - starting at $49k (thanks in part to the tax credit).

What Tesla have managed to pull off here is nothing short of incredible - well deserving of all the Car of the Year awards. They've built the perfect city runner.

Doing some quick maths, if you drive 300 miles and completely drain the battery, an overnight full charge will cost you under $10 using today's average household prices.

That is insane. I want one.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
All things considered, it's pretty damn affordable - starting at $49k (thanks in part to the tax credit).

What Tesla have managed to pull off here is nothing short of incredible - well deserving of all the Car of the Year awards. They've built the perfect city runner.

Doing some quick maths, if you drive 300 miles and completely drain the battery, an overnight full charge will cost you under $10 using today's average household prices.

That is insane. I want one.

How do the Tesla Charging Stations work? Are they free? Do you have to pay on a usage basis, like fuel? How do you pay, CC on the "pump"?

Zaph

How do the Tesla Charging Stations work? Are they free? Do you have to pay on a usage basis, like fuel? How do you pay, CC on the "pump"?
They're free, but currently they're nothing more than a PR gimmick IMO. There are 6 of them scattered around CA, with 100 more promised by 2015.

The bulk of your charging will be done at home (using the $2k charging station) or via the mobile charger which goes into any standard wall outlet (but takes twice as long).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Also, can you leave the car at the station while it's charging, since it'll take a while?

His car, the signature series, will take one hour to fill up. The Stations are 150 miles apart, so you can wait for half an hour at each (it's 300miles of charge per hour, from what they said) and do the travel.

So yes, you'd have to let them there. Your car is locked, it's not like it's on.

Does this series has the same problems with older electric cars? If I remember correctly, you couldn't let the batteries go all the day dead, or they wouldn't recharge and you'd need to buy a new set of batteries, which was VERY expensive and not on the warranty coverage.

Edit: I don't even know if it the Tesla cars had this issue or some other electric cars...

Does this series has the same problems with older electric cars? If I remember correctly, you couldn't let the batteries go all the day dead, or they wouldn't recharge and you'd need to buy a new set of batteries, which was VERY expensive and not on the warranty coverage.

Edit: I don't even know if it the Tesla cars had this issue or some other electric cars...

I don't know anything about this, but it seems like they could prevent a complete discharge through software. Like when laptops automatically go into sleep mode before the battery is all the way dead to prevent data loss.

Aaron

They talk about it in the video. Tesla has a series of batteries instead of one big one and it alternates through them to make sure they're charged properly.

The untitled podcast about cooking was very good. Most of my favorite Tested stuff has been cooking related, during the Thanksgiving break I re-watched the turkey frying video

Chuck

Still without luck

eznark

Banned
How could you of never heard those two songs. They are literally everywhere, they've probably heard em just don't realize it.

Only way I heard gangam was by looking it up once because of the Buccaneers parody. Maybe Norm is like me and only watches sports!

Top Bottom