• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

I just stumbled into Will ranting...

untitled-22jabd3.gif

bonesquad

If he's just reading a text, i'd rather have it as a editorial-kinda thing.

I don't like Will's text reading voice.

I won't lie. If it was a text editorial I had to read, I'd never read it. Would anyone here? I normally can't stand one-man podcasts, but that Will rant was great. At first it was a bit odd listening to him essentially read the podcast, but I got used to it. Especially since much of it was spot on.

Not that I agree with all of it. While I love gmail for my personal accounts, I equally love using Outlook in my professional life.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
The problem with the recaps isn't CES itself or Norm, it's the guests. They are an utter snorefest. Norm was actually doing an excellent job as host trying to promote discussion, which is ironic considering on the normal podcasts, he's usually the disinterested one not talking and always playing with his phone/tablet. I haven't listened to all the recaps yet though, so maybe it gets better.

You can't blame CES, since the Verge recaps are a lot more entertaining and they're working with the same material.

eznark

Banned
I had no idea Will hated innovation so much. The things he is bitching about are totally harmless and in some cases pretty cool.

The guy blowing his load over a burger that takes a week to cook thinks all tech announcements need to be realistic for consumers? Lol ok.

eznark

Banned
"upgrade your products, all in a gaming mode"

ok

xi3 is going to be intergalactic guys.

1 TB solid state hard drive?! And it costs $1000? I'll buy it just to rip out the solid state drive!

LiK

Will's reading voice always bugged me. He pitches up and makes it sound like he's losing air. I've complained about it before when he reads emails.

Not a fan of the solo rant. Will should've had a live chat audience and taken questions instead.

Zaph

TIOAT up.

Come on Gary, we know you have that little hollywood career thingy of yours, but get yourself back in the podcast game. Don't keep those rants bottled up...

I had no idea Will hated innovation so much. The things he is bitching about are totally harmless and in some cases pretty cool.

The guy blowing his load over a burger that takes a week to cook thinks all tech announcements need to be realistic for consumers? Lol ok.

He seems to be saying that only great products should be released. The problem is that you never know if something is going to be great or popular or find a use until it is released. I don't even know what his issue is with the fork or the many FitBit-like products. The free market weeds out the crap, etc. It just seems like a rant that didn't need to happen. We WANT crazy ideas and things that people don't need. That's what helps to breed innovation.

Chuck

Still without luck
It really is amazing the absolute consistency in which they incorrectly talk about video games. Every. Single. Week.

Aaron

Will's 'this will be the title of the eps' is never the title of the eps!

The price of a product is never correct in any videos!
Will sometimes pronounces things like he's a Soviet sleeper spy taught English out of books confiscated from English tourists visiting Russia.

eznark

Banned
Facebook search is potentially neat and may be useful eventually?

Isn't that the exact type of CES announcer Will ranted against and said he was no longer going to give the benefit of the doubt to?

DirecTV has NFL exclusive. Not Dish.

I just want Gary to start his own podcast. TIOAT is becoming a chore to listen to.

Agreed. I think he could pull it off (assuming he had the time of course) and just pull in random guest friends of his even if it's as silly as "Today, my neighbor Carl joins the podcast!"

Dany

Banned
I really wish Ana would show up as a guest on the Tested couch. She's running around CES on her new job. She could just talk about her new job, plug the site she's working at and tell her opinions on the event overall (like most of yesterday's episode was).

I don't think it's going to happen though.. :(

Where is she anyways?

So whats up with Garry?

He hasnt been posting on here much ether. I hope he is just super busy with family and work stuff.

He seems fine. He still posts to Twitter a decent amount. I guess he is just super busy with family/work

I have no idea how far Tested's Office is from his home, but I guess recording a podcast would be a big time commitment, likely costing him half a day every week. Traveling back/forth, and podcast set up would add hours to he usual podcast length, so it is not just a 2 hour commitment to them every week.

GAF is also an easy thing to drop if other things pop into your life.

I do miss his snark though.

LiK

Congrats to Will and Gina. Looking forward to him and Gary being all grouchy towards Norm from lack of sleep lol

Top Bottom