• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Zaph

Oh I know, I just find it interesting, especially contrasting with their popularity. Or maybe I overestimate their popularity. I'm always surprised that they can't regularly do the numbers of, for examples, total biscuit or angry joe.
Larger sites (or sites part of large networks) only have a Youtube presence to increase their audience. Once they have a new viewer, they try to filter them back to their website because there they can control the ads to align with whatever campaign(s) they're currently running.

Do podcasts really matter anymore? They have the Adam cast. In place of the old podcast, they could do a half hour tech of the week show. Something more focused and with video that's actually worth watching.
If its a two-man show? No.

Aaron

Do podcasts really matter anymore? They have the Adam cast. In place of the old podcast, they could do a half hour tech of the week show. Something more focused and with video that's actually worth watching.

LiK

Was Will clicking the pen during the podcast? That was kinda annoying.

i don't mind the Adamcast but it's not my go-to and it's way too Adam-centric. The Tested podcast is one of my fave podcasts.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Man. Gary bouncing off those two guys was magic, I can't believe it might not be that way anymore. I definitely liked Will and Norm in short videos, but just those two on a podcast doesn't work as well for me.

newjeruse

Man. Gary bouncing off those two guys was magic, I can't believe it might not be that way anymore. I definitely liked Will and Norm in short videos, but just those two on a podcast doesn't work as well for me.
I miss the great WANG-cast days. But, yea, those three are definitely better than the sum of their parts. Fantastic chemistry that is nonexistent with just Will and Norm.

rezuth

Clearly time to sweep in and get Brad away from GB and into Tested.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'd say Loyd, but all those times he mentions "This is a tech podcast, right?", I can't ever tell if he's joking, ha.

KarmaCow

Was Will clicking the pen during the podcast? That was kinda annoying.

i don't mind the Adamcast but it's not my go-to and it's way too Adam-centric. The Tested podcast is one of my fave podcasts.

Yea the Adam stuff just feels dirty. I mean of course it's going to be centred on him but it seems sycophantic.

Zaph

Yea the Adam stuff just feels dirty. I mean of course it's going to be centred on him but it seems sycophantic.
Yup. It started off okay and was cool that Tested had a big name who could draw in a huge new audience, but it's coming off way too worship-y. Now they're chatting to his mum? Come'on.

Really hope Tested starts doing on-location stuff again soon, like their great features on Modernist Cuisine and the guy who makes gyrocycles. They seem really office-bound lately.

eznark

Banned
PUT THE PEN DOWN
PUT THE PEN DOWN
PUT THE PEN DOWN
PUT THE PEN DOWN
PUT THE PEN DOWN
PUT THE PEN DOWN
PUT THE PEN DOWN
PUT THE PEN DOWN
PUT THE PEN DOWN
PUT THE PEN DOWN

Rlan

tumblr_ml1h9l63K21rkrwaco2_500.jpg

Hey look! It’s Gary's Previews! from Ace Magazine Issue #53, February 1992.

http://oldgamemags.tumblr.com/post/47633284772/hey-look-its-garywhittas-previews-from-ace

Chuck

Still without luck
New show is up. Wes is in the third chair this week.

nbUtn1I.png

Episode 165 - In the Shower - 4/11/2013

This week, Will, Norm, and Wes discuss showerhead technology, Facebook Home, NAB, Google Fiber, and Roger Ebert. All that plus another edition of fake outtakes. Enjoy!

RSS
iTunes
Download
Video

Ominym

Banned
Yup. It started off okay and was cool that Tested had a big name who could draw in a huge new audience, but it's coming off way too worship-y. Now they're chatting to his mum? Come'on.

Really hope Tested starts doing on-location stuff again soon, like their great features on Modernist Cuisine and the guy who makes gyrocycles. They seem really office-bound lately.

I've been tuning in since the start and this is by far the thing that eats at me the most. It's become so indulgent over Adam. Hell, I even like Adam. I certainly believe he has a lot of cool stuff to add, but he isn't the coolest fucking dude ever. Nor is every single idea of his luminary.

I started following Tested because I liked to hear Will, Norm, and Gary talk about their opinions on stuff. I didn't even care what that stuff is, be it technology or otherwise. I just wanted to hear them talk about new interesting subject matter based on their experiences and backgrounds. I didn't come to Tested, however, to hear how Will and Norm think Adam is the greatest human being ever.

I half expect to hear on Still Untitled something along the lines of Adam saying, "So yeah that's why I only get out of bed with my right foot first!" Followed by Will saying, "That's fascinating! We have to get a video up on the site about it."

Mr. F

Banned

Haven't been keeping up with Tested lately, is Gary relocating elsewhere/leaving for good? I remember seeing something about him moving on twitter. Major bummer if true, podcasts with him in the third chair were the last bits of motivation to occasionally listen.

LiK

This week's Tested podcast was great. Great discussions. Couldn't help but laugh at Will's inability to remember the difference between convex and concave.

Haven't been keeping up with Tested lately, is Gary relocating elsewhere/leaving for good? I remember seeing something about him moving on twitter. Major bummer if true, podcasts with him in the third chair were the last bits of motivation to occasionally listen.
No I just moved outside the city. I'm still well within distance, I actually live in the same town as Will now. Just been way too busy to come in lately.

Chuck

Still without luck
This week's Tested podcast was great. Great discussions. Couldn't help but laugh at Will's inability to remember the difference between convex and concave.

Will: "Is it backwards for lenses?"

Wes: "...no it's not backwards for lenses, it's the same fucking word."

:lol

Dany

Banned
No I just moved outside the city. I'm still well within distance, I actually live in the same town as Will now. Just been way too busy to come in lately.

Book of Eli 2 confirmed?

Will: "Is it backwards for lenses?"

Wes: "...no it's not backwards for lenses, it's the same fucking word."

:lol

This week more specifically I noticed how often they sidetrack with definitions or telling a story. They interrupt each other too much.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I really don't get all this coffee minutia.

I mean, the Cone (Kone?) is pretty awesome: Prevents you from buying paper filters indefinitely, and it looks like a real good alternative.

However, We've been doing coffee on the same old TeaPot for the past, I don't know, 30 years (with paper filters now, with cloth filters back then) and I've constantly drank coffee at 6pm that was made at 8am by re-heating it in the microwave...

I also drink my coffee with Milk (no sugar), so I'm sure everything I say can't be valued by Coffee Drinkers, but still. The able brewer doesn't seem to do anything different other than being a perfect fit for the Cone (Kone?), and I mean physically.

eznark

Banned
It seems insanely overpriced for a cone holder with a lid that doesn't fit.

I was super hyped to buy one, just waiting on Will'd review. Gonna pass now. It looked so much more elegant in the kickstarter video. Now it looks like bulky garbage.

However, We've been doing coffee on the same old TeaPot for the past, I don't know, 30 years (with paper filters now, with cloth filters back then) and I've constantly drank coffee at 6pm that was made at 8am by re-heating it in the microwave...

A lot of people like to drink good coffee though.

Chuck

Still without luck
New podcast! Wes still in seat number three.

nbUtn1I.png

Episode 166 - Lake Wobegon Is a Lie - 4/18/2013

This week, Wes, Norm, and Will explore the problems with Minnesota public radio, the rash of new apps from Facebook, and the problem with CISPA. All that, plus reader questions, more on the Oculus Rift, the problem with the Surface Pro, and another edition of fake outtakes.

RSS
iTunes
Download
Video

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They talked about getting those old-timey portraits on the show ages ago. They're produced by a business that is local to them, IIRC.

Your own iPhone by your side
What was wrong with Eli's eyes?.
I wait for you.
Sleight of hand, posting fake Tweets
Them Nazi Coffee tales were sure great
And I wait without you

Whitta without you
Whitta without you.

With Shyamalan, still writing more
Wes was great, but I want more
And I'm waiting for you

Whitta without you
Whitta without you.
I can't live Whitta without you.

Please don't give the twist away
Please don't give, please don't give

Baby talk time, makes Norm confused
You got the guy that plays to win
with nothing left to lose

Oh just give the twist away
Oh just give the twist away
Please just give, please just give
Please just give the twist away

Whitta without you
Whitta without you
I can't live
Whitta without you.

Whitta without you
Whitta without you
I can't live
Whitta without you
Whitta without you.

What was the name of the political podcast Will mentioned? I made a mental note to check it out but can't remember the name or when in the podcast they talked about it

Top Bottom