• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Your own iPhone by your side
What was wrong with Eli's eyes?.
I wait for you.
Sleight of hand, posting fake Tweets
Them Nazi Coffee tales were sure great
And I wait without you

Whitta without you
Whitta without you.

With Shyamalan, still writing more
Wes was great, but I want more
And I'm waiting for you

Whitta without you
Whitta without you.
I can't live Whitta without you.

Please don't give the twist away
Please don't give, please don't give

Baby talk time, makes Norm confused
You got the guy that plays to win
with nothing left to lose

Oh just give the twist away
Oh just give the twist away
Please just give, please just give
Please just give the twist away

Whitta without you
Whitta without you
I can't live
Whitta without you.

Whitta without you
Whitta without you
I can't live
Whitta without you
Whitta without you.

Holy crap this is amazing

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wes likes Conquests of the Longbow? I thought I was the only one!

Will has strongly hinted it will be a Will, Norm, Jamie Hyneman podcast on Thursday...

Responding to why the latest Jamie vid was recorded at Tested HQ and not M5

3622aio.png

I can deal with that!!!

eznark

Banned
I listened while participating in a 215 mile relay race through the Smokey Mountains. I literally could not remember a single thing that you guys talked about but it got me through a hill that rose 1200 feet in 1.3 miles at 4 am, so thanks!

Also, I'll pay closer attention.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I listened while participating in a 215 mile relay race through the Smokey Mountains. I literally could not remember a single thing that you guys talked about but it got me through a hill that rose 1200 feet in 1.3 miles at 4 am, so thanks!

Also, I'll pay closer attention.

I bet you burned a lot of gas driving all that way uphill.

surprised will is a cash guy for cars. With how low interest rates are these days from credit unions or what not, wouldn't it make more sense financing and using your money on non depreciating stuff?

But I gotta admit it was kinda cool when my dad brought a suit case of 40 grand in cash to a lexus dealer for his car.

surprised will is a cash guy for cars. With how low interest rates are these days from credit unions or what not, wouldn't it make more sense financing and using your money on non depreciating stuff?

But I gotta admit it was kinda cool when my dad brought a suit case of 40 grand in cash to a lexus dealer for his car.

He didn't take a check? Must of been a pretty empty suitcase ;p (if it was all 100s anyways).

But yeah I agree with him on that.

He didn't take a check? Must of been a pretty empty suitcase ;p (if it was all 100s anyways).

But yeah I agree with him on that.

Pro tip: always buy cars with cash, because you can't deduct interest on auto financing. If needed, refinance home mortgage to buy car with cash and deduct from that interest.

Disclaimer: please do not take financial advice from me.

eznark

Banned
Pro tip: always buy cars with cash, because you can't deduct interest on auto financing. If needed, refinance home mortgage to buy car with cash and deduct from that interest.

I think the point is that with rates being so low (for many people) it doesn't take a significantly risky investment to get a better ROI with that cash. When money is cheap the default "never leverage" advice doesn't make a lot of sense. Even when taking into account tax savings it's a pretty safe bet that you can beat your car payment interest over the next five years.

That said, I pay cash because I'm not buying $150,000 cars so the marginal difference isn't enough for the annoyance or tiny risk.

Curufinwe

The interest rate on our latest car wasn't that low and I didn't have $15,000 in cash last August, so I just paid off the loan as soon as possible.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
So Norm, now that you've had your Incase camera bag for a few weeks, do you still recommend it? I'm searching for a similar bag and need to house mainly a 5D II, 3-4 lenses. Having an easy way to attach a tripod would be cool also.

So Norm, now that you've had your Incase camera bag for a few weeks, do you still recommend it? I'm searching for a similar bag and need to house mainly a 5D II, 3-4 lenses. Having an easy way to attach a tripod would be cool also.

Absolutely love it for both day to day and travel. Two lenses but no tripod (there are straps on the side for that). I brought it loaded up for our trip to Houston!

panda21

Didn't get a chance to listen for a few weeks so catching up, I forgot how good this podcast is!

As much as I love the podcast with Gary, the new guests fit in nicely.

Does Wes check gaf? Someone tell him on twitter to watch "Floored". I think it's on Netflix, it's exactly the movie he was describing about the guys in the pits. One of you guys who uses the tweeters or something.

Azar

I just looked up The Pit and Floored. Both sound interesting, though Floored is definitely closer to what we were talking about. Gonna check it out!

Angst

Pro tip: always finance, because you can deduct interest on auto financing.

Disclaimer: tax regulations are not the same world-wide.

Top Bottom