• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

eznark

Banned
hahahahahahaah

Will: "Jiff" "googlio" Elizabeethton" "Ka-ZAKH-stan"

no one says anything

Norm: BAzaar

WHAT HOW DARE YOU MISPRONOUNCE THAT WORD

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
hahahahahahaah

Will: "Jiff" "googlio" Elizabeethton" "Ka-ZAKH-stan"

no one says anything

Norm: BAzaar

WHAT HOW DARE YOU MISPRONOUNCE THAT WORD

Just like Ryan Davis. Dude says suhward for sword but anybody says something other than how he says it and he goes nuts.

They do the same on Mythbusters and on most of USA tv when something is not a sponsor.

Some sponsors are offended when you see other brands, and some programs just do not want to give free promotion to some brands.

but yeah, it's a thing for tv, not the internet. And the tape barely covers anything and the apple shines through anyways :p

Like the new video! Curious about the behind of the scenes of how these are filmed and the actual timeline of events lol.

tv magic.

but yeah, it's a thing for tv, not the internet. And the tape barely covers anything and the apple shines through anyways :p

Like the new video! Curious about the behind of the scenes of how these are filmed and the actual timeline of events lol.

tv magic.

we can talk about it on this week's podcast

I'm curious about that too. It seems like the commander got a script and did not actually talk live. It's also fun to see how he really takes care to get a nice continuous flow with different cameras. I must take quite some time for him to do an item.

using your mouth as a mixing bowl reminds me of I think jellybelly or some jellybeans where the wrapper has different 'recipes' combining different jellybeans.

chogidogs

38034920.jpg

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
The space recipe videos give me a Top Chef vibe. They've had episodes where contestants had to make dishes only with food found in a gas station, a Target, etc. I'd like to see Top Chef give space food a shot, though those gimmick episodes always turned out terrible

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I keep listening to podcasts where the 'no used games' thing never seems like an issue to anyone, ha.

I'm waiting for one of these guys to go 'wait, awww hell no!', but I guess that's just a neogaf thing.

Chuck

Still without luck
Still no fake outtakes. I should just stop getting my hopes up. :/

I keep listening to podcasts where the 'no used games' thing never seems like an issue to anyone, ha.

I'm waiting for one of these guys to go 'wait, awww hell no!', but I guess that's just a neogaf thing.

It doesn't effect them very much so they don't care as much.

Angst

Podcast was great after Will's failed intro-humor. Gary has clearly been money hatted by MS.

I think Gary, like so many of us, depends too much on anectodal evidence when it comes to consoles. A few episodes back he was first stunned and then in denial when Will reported that the PS3 has sold more than the 360.

eznark

Banned
Wow, the picture they paint of the movie viewing experience on the xbone is terrifying. I'm surprised these guys are totally cool with the Kinect being mandatory just from an aesthetic perspective. My last hope is that I can just plug it in and hide it behind the TV because I am an adult and don't need a massive camera sitting in front of my TV at all times.

Curufinwe

I don't see any "fuzziness" here.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

After a Microsoft-hosted London event around the Xbox One reveal, Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle has said that the console will not function without Kinect connected.

"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes," he said.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-requires-kinect-connection/

Owners of the original Kinect on Xbox 360 had the ability to unplug the device, but that won't be the case with the ever-vigilant and always-listening Xbox One version, Corporate VP of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer told Joystiq.

"Kinect has to be connected to Xbox One," Spencer said. "That, from a creator standpoint, I love, because I like to have a common platform that I can target."

eznark

Banned
"Kinect has to be connected to Xbox One," Spencer said. "That, from a creator standpoint, I love, because I like to have a common platform that I can target."

All games are now kinect games.

If I break into your house and smash your kinect with a bat, is your xone dead?

If it comes with every system, I doubt you can just get another one at bestbuy.

Probably have to go to MS directly...

No_Style

Sounds like Brad caught up on the XONE tech analysis articles. That's good. I'm not going to hold Gary to any errors or misinformation, it isn't his job to follow this stuff.

LOL @ Norm's Peter Dinklage joke.

---

Edit:

I'm amazed how easily the Tested crew is willing to shell out monthly fees. They questioned how much of a rate increase they were willing to swallow but didn't even entertain the idea of dropping Xbox Live! altogether if the PS4 has a truly competitive multiplayer experience. Norm was even wondering why they didn't include a cellular antenna.

Oh the 1%...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Just hearing all that Kinect speculation made me feel like I don't need this system unless there's a game it has that I absolutely can't live without. *shudder*

Top Bottom