• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

panda21

oh cool, I was worried it was maybe a permanent thing.

I can't believe cybersmith wears his google glass into bathrooms. just going into a stall doesn't make it ok. you're still walking around a bathroom with a camera on your face.

oh jesus I left the google glass video playing in another tab and thought that water noise I was hearing was a bit of field recording in the experimental music clip I was listening to. I didn't need to see FPS cybersmith urination. I guess it sort of was a field recording...

google glass in the bathroom would be super awkward to see. His demonstration of the swoop in was hilarious. Wonder if he checks out the butt tumblr lol

popo

The problem is that if you have a prescription then google glasses are supposed to replace your regular glasses - so if you need a wizz then you have to have a spare pair on you or bumble around bumping in to things.

I guess the problem is you don't know when someone might be recording or taking photos. Maybe it should have a bright red LED that lights when it is recording - webcam style - or play a chime when someone takes a picture :)

popo

hmm, Will is on holiday and he doesn't know if Norm is doing a podcast this week (guessing not). Seems like something they might have communicated on the site instead of - when asked directly on twitter.

Maybe they could link to another site's podcast and write up a slightly changed deck for the site ;-o

popo

So... what was the reason why Joey was doing stuff for giantbomb at e3? Is he a freelance worker?

They never went in to the details. I imagine he was down there already to shoot with Will, but that was only the first day or so. Perhaps he used vacation gays to freelance or maybe it was an agreement with CBSi to borrow Joey and in return they provided press passes or access to the editing war room. All speculation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess this thread has died down.

Anyway, FYI, Will is wrong about Sony account management.

You can deactivate PS3s, PSPs, Vitas, and presumably PS4s from your account via their web-based account management page. Just like Microsoft.

Chuck

Still without luck
Will was also wrong about Steam check ins. For some games, one I've Tested™ being Skyrim, you NEVER need to check in with offline mode. Pretty sure he just pulled 2 weeks out of nowhere.

Will was also wrong when he said Crash Bandicoot: Nuts and Bolts was a game that exists in this dimension.

At this point though, I guess I expect their video game talk to be chock full of misinformation. It's the case every single time they talk about games. :/

Aaron

Once you've installed a game in steam, you never need to be online again. There's no mandatory check in. There was a bug where offline mode didn't work properly, but they fixed that a while back.

Why does will treat everyone like they're 6? He went out if his way to explain the stupid tumblr joke that was quite obvious how it worked. Idk why that one bothered me but whatever.

Curufinwe

Will was also wrong about Steam check ins. For some games, one I've Tested™ being Skyrim, you NEVER need to check in with offline mode. Pretty sure he just pulled 2 weeks out of nowhere.

1057988-two_weeks_image_super.jpg

eznark

Banned
I just listened to the latest bombcast and they aren't much better when it comes to accuracy so I'd say these guys are ahead of the game.

popo

So the start of this weeks podcast is ... weird. They lost the first 30 minutes of conversation? I at first though they had a streaming screw up but then Norm and Rupert Grint (sorry Wes) joked about Will screwing up last time when talking about the baby?

Am I reading too much in to an inside joke or did they really have to start over because Will slipped and said his child's name? - a detail that I am sure most listeners could not give a toss about but is treated like a state secret. Did they not have a local audio source they could edit at least? Seems like a waste.

Zaph

So the start of this weeks podcast is ... weird. They lost the first 30 minutes of conversation? I at first though they had a streaming screw up but then Norm and Rupert Grint (sorry Wes) joked about Will screwing up last time when talking about the baby?

Am I reading too much in to an inside joke or did they really have to start over because Will slipped and said his child's name? - a detail that I am sure most listeners could not give a toss about but is treated like a state secret. Did they not have a local audio source they could edit at least? Seems like a waste.
I haven't listened to the podcast, but christ, is Will following Gary's lead and doing that shit too? Precious.

Hopefully he won't fully commit and invent some ridiculous internet name for the child.

now im curious, what does Norm drive that uses premium fuel?

No clue what a 'tech writer' salary is like lol.

Whats a hip affordable car that runs on premium?

Yellow miata!

Blastoise

Banned
The MacBook Air in depth video is not really that helpful. I watched it and it was fine, but most to the discussion was directed towards normal people. Even the gameplay demo didn't work. I wonder why they record everything live to tape?

Anyway, I would most likely read the anadtech review to get better info.

Curufinwe

I haven't listened to the podcast, but christ, is Will following Gary's lead and doing that shit too? Precious.

Hopefully he won't fully commit and invent some ridiculous internet name for the child.

Gary's daughter is named Precious? I assumed he named her Apple.

panda21

They are way off on the sharing stuff, there was no way they were going to let you share all your games with 10 people and it leaked that that was just a demo. There were never any benefits to the demo scheme

eznark

Banned
Yeah that was never going to be just "share your library with ten people!" I guess skeptical, no benefit of the doubt Will from that CES rant was short lived.

Zaph

It was really disappointing just how many outlets and people, even on GAF, bought that "share with 10 people" bullshit. From day one everything smelt off, publishers were silent about it, Microsoft didn't do a huge marketing push and there weren't even any leaks.

Trying to point out the obvious, that Microsoft simply doesn't have that much control over publishers, just went over some people's heads. If MS actually managed to disrupt the digital economy that massively, it would've required long, ongoing negotiations with the major pubs, and those things always leak (just look at iTunes Radio as an example - you can't keep that shit secret).

And the fucking are-you-happy-now-you've-ruined-the-best-feature-on-the-xboxone crowd need to be taken off the internet forever.

popo

I believed - and still believe - that what they said was accurate. I don't believe the demo story. They never said share with ten people - it was one person can play the game at any one time from a list of ten friends. Dumb people just instantly assumed they could have a game club with friends and only pay for 1/10th of the games.

I would have never used the feature and happily trade it for dropping the restrictions - but there was never any evidence to support "it was demos".

Aaron

If the 10 family thing had been true, it would have killed single player games. Publishers would have never allowed it. They had enough problems with the PS3 sharing. Either the one hour limit was true, or it was something publishers would have to chose to opt into, and I doubt many of them would have.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I believed - and still believe - that what they said was accurate. I don't believe the demo story. They never said share with ten people - it was one person can play the game at any one time from a list of ten friends. Dumb people just instantly assumed they could have a game club with friends and only pay for 1/10th of the games.

I would have never used the feature and happily trade it for dropping the restrictions - but there was never any evidence to support "it was demos".

It doesn't even matter anymore.

sixghost

Why would the platform holder who pushed to kill used games also be the one who creates a potentially more harmful system? It's not a matter of believing cboat, it's a matter of common sense.

popo

It doesn't even matter anymore.

True, but this is just a friendly discussion about if anything was potentially good about what will now not happen.

Why would the platform holder who pushed to kill used games also be the one who creates a potentially more harmful system? It's not a matter of believing cboat, it's a matter of common sense.

I disagree. My view is that it is common sense that the demo system would have been ridiculed and implementing it would have caused them worse PR than not having it all - therefore I don't believe it ever was a demo system. I believe it was a concession they got from publishers for killing game lending. Just as "authorised retailers" was a concession from outright killing the used market.

Also MS officials have said it was not time limited. I am sure you will believe that they lied. I do not. They tend not to outright lie. They spin and they avoid questions but try not to say something on the record that could be proved false at a future date.

Not sure what was worse on the latest episode: the anti-consumer Microsoft-apologist talk about the XBONE or Norm's revulsion at breastfeeding anywhere in public.

But, you know, Tested gonna Tested.

Zaph

Not sure what was worse on the latest episode: the anti-consumer Microsoft-apologist talk about the XBONE or Norm's revulsion at breastfeeding anywhere in public.

But, you know, Tested gonna Tested.
What? They should not be allowed to podcast alone, Gary would have schooled him so fast.

Top Bottom