• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

eznark

Banned
Gary kinda went all console warrior on this episode.

I thought it was funny that he was ripping on people who made up their minds on twitter during the press conference when it was pretty obvious reading his tweets on Tuesday that he had made up his mind as well.

No_Style

I thought it was funny that he was ripping on people who made up their minds on twitter during the press conference when it was pretty obvious reading his tweets on Tuesday that he had made up his mind as well.

I was tempted to dig them up but it was too much of a hassle.

eznark

Banned
eznark ‏@eznark 21 May
@willsmith @garywhitta I’m confused. Why is “integrated” TV better than hitting the input button on a receiver remote?

Will Smith ‏@willsmith 21 May
@eznark @garywhitta What’s the emoticon for a shrug?

Gary Whitta ‏@garywhitta 21 May
@eznark @willsmith That should be self-evident; if it’s not, I can’t help you.

Just because they were easily accessible!

Will and I are beyond help.

And to think, people have always been snobbing over how ios gaming isn't real gaming because no tactile buttons.

But its soo much better to wave our arms around and chant voodoo magic to change channels over pressing 1 button!

Aaron

Gary makes a brief return to the podcast, and I get an uncontrollable urged to buy an ipad mini. Coincidence? I think not. Better skip the podcast when the Xbone comes out.

popo

Not been to the site for a while, did Will have a mishap with the beard trimmer?

Makes me think he would look good with just the 'tash. Like a wild west villain.

2490892-60+minutes+of+your+dumb+questions+answered-+live%21+no+jars+allowed+-+5-30-2013+-+youtube.png

eznark

Banned
Considering the week he had I'm kind of surprised Gary is so critical. Will could have completely erased him at any time in those first 15 minutes. Will: secretly nice dude.

eznark

Banned
Too true.

In the last decade I've spent five years in Boston and five years in SE Indiana. The pronunciation in these places in insane. I still have no idea how Massholes decides on how to pronounce -borough as -burg and in Indiana I am in the vicinity of Versailles (pronounced Ver-sails) and Milan (pronounce MY-lin).

:lol I enjoyed Norm's CERN stories. All I could think about during that segment was Gary's "I try to retain myself not to tell them how little their opinion is worth" when Norm was trying to explain quantum mechanics to physicists with star wars legos.

That must be how he views gaf :p

LiK

Too true.

In the last decade I've spent five years in Boston and five years in SE Indiana. The pronunciation in these places in insane. I still have no idea how Massholes decides on how to pronounce -borough as -burg and in Indiana I am in the vicinity of Versailles (pronounced Ver-sails) and Milan (pronounce MY-lin).

Woo-cester

eznark

Banned
He mentioned walking the green carpet, saying he needs to write a script where everything's red so he'll finally get to walk down the red carpet.

Yeah just kind of weird that he is a huge part of a major summer blockbuster release and they effectively never mention it.

popo

Yeah just kind of weird that he is a huge part of a major summer blockbuster release and they effectively never mention it.

I respect him that he didn't try to shill it. He usually uses twitter for promotion and it is easy to avoid when a release comes out.

Also the topic of the movie bombing at opening weekend might have come up ;-)

Zaph

To be fair, what do you expect? If they talked carefully around its reception, it would be really obvious Will and Norm were stepping on eggshells; and they can't speak frankly about what a critical and financial bomb it was because Gary is far too much of a Hollywood novice to speak candidly (a megastar like Will Smith can go on Jimmy Fallon and make jokes about opening at no.3, a second-time screenwriter cannot).

Besides, Gary's great, but the speed at which he bandwagon's and shits on things, while funny to listen to, gives me the impression he's the type of person who can't handle criticism well.

eznark

Banned
No no, I meant more about his experience in New York and just the opening itself. Not really anything about the movie.

No no, I meant more about his experience in New York and just the opening itself. Not really anything about the movie.

It probably would be easy to see that as shilling and/or boasting of some kind

Would not be surprised if they decided pre-cast to avoid the topic.

FStop7

Banned
To be fair, what do you expect? If they talked carefully around its reception, it would be really obvious Will and Norm were stepping on eggshells; and they can't speak frankly about what a critical and financial bomb it was because Gary is far too much of a Hollywood novice to speak candidly (a megastar like Will Smith can go on Jimmy Fallon and make jokes about opening at no.3, a second-time screenwriter cannot).

Besides, Gary's great, but the speed at which he bandwagon's and shits on things, while funny to listen to, gives me the impression he's the type of person who can't handle criticism well.

I was wondering about this as I listened to Gary shit all over Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" on the podcast.

Also - Will, do you seriously need a personal assistant to do a Jar Time?

Zaph

Wrong thread, but yeah, Vinny is a complete pro. The internet is full of people trying to get a rise from you, he knows the only ways to win are either ignoring them or killing them with kindness.

panda21

liking this weeks episode a lot

O. M. G. i just discovered theres a WNGB episode I didn't listen to yet. ultimate lineup?!

is Gary back now or is he busy doing his film stuff again?

chogidogs

Only thing they got offensively wrong was saying that Smartglass for Sony is Vita only. Smartglass is the same for Sony as for MS. Available on mobile. The thing that Will mentioned that was Vita only was Remote Play and that's more comparable to the WiiU tablet than Smartglass.

eznark

Banned
That "change is scary" bullshit is so lazy. Will, if you like iOS 7 say what you like about it don't just pretend like any criticisms are inherently invalid.

Personally I think it looks abstract and feminine. Not something I personally want with my tech. The fact that people will get used to it doesn't mean it is good.

liking this weeks episode a lot

O. M. G. i just discovered theres a WNGB episode I didn't listen to yet. ultimate lineup?!

is Gary back now or is he busy doing his film stuff again?
I'll be on as often as I can, but it gets decided on a week-by-week basis. Probably not as regular as I used to be for a while at least as I'm still traveling a fair bit.

Top Bottom