• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Will hasn't seen After Earth? I figured he'd support his homie...

popo

Will hasn't seen After Earth? I figured he'd support his homie...

If he hasn't seen it he doesn't have to be polite and pretend to like it when asked. Although I kinda remember him saying he really liked Eli well after it had come out on DVD, so he wasn't day one with that either.

eznark

Banned
Crash Bandicoot Nuts and Bolts.
Steam offline is two weeks!
Normal people don't care about online check in!!

God I love Tested video game talk. It's adorable.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Crash Bandicoot Nuts and Bolts.
Steam offline is two weeks!
Normal people don't care about online check in!!

God I love Tested video game talk. It's adorable.
Morrisey died?!

ISBN missiles?

Ha, I think at this point they're having fun with the whole misinformation meme.

The way he can say he hasn't seen it instead of it's an awful piece of crap.

Nah, I can't see him staying away because of that. If my buddy wrote a Hollywood movie I don't care if it was Battlefield Earth 2...in fact, that would make me want to see it harder.

mattiewheels

Oh, and Norm made me laugh out loud with the alternate Dr Strangelove titles:

Don't Knock The Bomb

Dr. Strangelove’s Secret Uses of Uranus

The Bomb and Dr. Strangelove or: How to be Afraid 24hrs a Day

popo

Morrisey died?!

ISBN missiles?

Ha, I think at this point they're having fun with the whole misinformation meme.

Nah, I can't see him staying away because of that. If my buddy wrote a Hollywood movie I don't care if it was Battlefield Earth 2...in fact, that would make me want to see it harder.

It is his second movie though and having a kid means you don't want to waste a free night out on a film that you likely will be disapointed in.

Did I imagine it or did Will at one point say he had fit a G2 cartridge into a Fisher Bullet Space Pen?

I seem to remember that too. I would love to know how that hack is done or if it's possible.

edit: looking at a G2 cart and a space pen, not sure it would be possible. Making it shorter is one thing, but it is too wide to fit into a space pen body

Curufinwe

The collusion Apple indulged in to fix the prices of ebooks wasn't just illegal to the letter of the law. It was stupid, blatant and obviously deserving of punishment.

eznark

Banned
Holy shit at defending Apple, Will. Holy shit. Gary would be proud.

He is going to be real embarrassed if he ever reads any of the actual coverage.

popo

It is times of the year like this that I really wished that I cared about Adam Savage.

I mean he seems like a decent guy and he certainly drives traffic but making props and that specific brand of Discovery Channel kiddie science really does nothing for me. I had never watched Mythbusters before they became involved with the site - I tried after - managed about 10 minutes.

I guess it is the devil's pact. BB clearly bought the site as a present for Adam (you can tell the other one isn't that interested) and without his stuff I doubt Tested would have had a future as a tech only site and certainly would not have the budget it has now (for travel etc).

Shame though.

Red UFO

Just because Mythbusters sucks doesn't mean it has to effect your enjoyment of Adam on the site. His stuff on Tested is definitely more in depth than it is on TV.

Heel

The novelty of Mythbusters died with me many years ago, but Adam is a very enjoyable addition to the site if you ask me. He's clearly passionate about the things he shares. I think it's great.

popo

If I wasn't totally clear - I do think Adam is good for the site and I do think Will and Norm are enjoying what they cover. All I am saying us that it isn't for me. I don't care about 3D printers, I don't care about film props, I don't much care about space - and if I did I would go to a real science site where they know what they are talking about. Same with cameras. Norm seems like a gifted amateur but if I was interested in photography I would go to a proper camera site.

I can be happy for their continued employment and still have a bit of a moan that it no longer caters to my interests.

Adam is good for the site in the "they wouldn't have a job without him because the site was losing money when they were with whiskey media" kind of way.

Aaron

I think pretty much all of the Adam and Jaime content on Tested has been great so far. I like how far out there the topics can get.

mattiewheels

I think pretty much all of the Adam and Jaime content on Tested has been great so far. I like how far out there the topics can get.
There's Jamie content?

popo

lol, click the "gallery thumbnails" view in the tested image viewer. If seems to take a crop of the middle of every photo for the thumbnail. This instantly makes the photos look 1000% creepier as many of the heads are cut off and it looks like Norm just took close up shots of women's boobs :D

eznark

Banned
lol, click the "gallery thumbnails" view in the tested image viewer. If seems to take a crop of the middle of every photo for the thumbnail. This instantly makes the photos look 1000% creepier as many of the heads are cut off and it looks like Norm just took close up shots of women's boobs :D

I noticed that too. Hilarious.

The cat woman showing nip though, I'm positive Norm took that angle on purpose.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
it is impressive at how well endowed many cosplayers are. What is the ratio of just good old fashion nerdy girls vs professional models at cc?
It helps if the photographers are only looking for attractive people though.

I'm sure there are still guys dressed as Sailor Moon at these conventions after all.

Chuck

Still without luck
Remembers baseball exists in August? What a fan!

LOL

KuGsj.gif

Zaph

sorry dude, it's a caching bug because of the way the gallery loads (every 30 images). engineers are working on it, but will deploy after the madness dies down today. hope you enjoyed everything else.
Definitely, it was a great gallery.

But I have to ask, why did you bother continuing after Dark Helmet?

Remembers baseball exists in August? What a fan!
Saw that tweet in my timeline and actually swiped it for the sole reason of looking for your response.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know Jeremy was on before to show the Rift, but it was kind of fun to hear him on a podcast. He sounds completely different recorded "live" than he did on the PC Gamer podcast for some reason.

Top Bottom