• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

really curious if Adam has ever visited Toei in japan and messed around with super sentai/kamen rider/ultraman/godzilla suits and what not.

seems like something he would go out to check out sometime in his life lol.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Norm, you haven't seen one episode of Breaking Bad? Just watch episode 1, you'll be a fan.

eznark

Banned
I thought it was weird that they said you watch the gradual decline of Walter White. I only watched three or so episodes and he had already murdered a handful of people by then!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I thought it was weird that they said you watch the gradual decline of Walter White. I only watched three or so episodes and he had already murdered a handful of people by then!
I guess to be fair, he didn't want to do most of the things he did early on, and eventually...

Chuck

Still without luck
Good cast this week! Hope Gary comes back more than like once every three months...

AND WE GOT FAKE OUTTAKES YEEEESSSSS

Rlan

Geek Week has been extremely good for Tested it seems. The Real-Life Wall-E robot video has 1,190,109 views 5 days after being posted, and that Telescope vid has done really well too.

newjeruse

Will's unwavering confidence in incorrect statements is still the most entertaining part of the show. And I'm not saying that to be a dick. I truly find it endearing. In this episode, I'm referring to his insistence that Admiral Akbar was voiced by someone prominent.

mattiewheels

I'm just now watching all the Space Week videos and the ones with Hadfield at ISS, love em! Chris Hadfield probably has the coolest job in the world.

sixghost

The 360 controller killed all other controllers!!

God damn it I love when these guys talk video games.

Is it really that controversial a statement? Unless you are playing a game more suited to KB/M, racing wheels, flight sticks, etc., the 360 controller really has become the standard PC controller for console games that get released on PC.

eznark

Banned
Is it really that controversial a statement? Unless you are playing a game more suited to KB/M, racing wheels, flight sticks, etc., the 360 controller really has become the standard PC controller for console games that get released on PC.

His statement was about all gaming, not PC gaming. And yeah, last I checked I'm not using a 360 controller on a WiiU or PS3.

Curufinwe

I manage fine with any official controller, even if certain things like the D-Pad on the 360 pad and L2 & R2 on the PS3 pad aren't ideal. People talk about how bad certain controllers are, but then I play thru a game like Vanquish on both consoles and have the exact same experience and have to wonder what's wrong with their hands.

eznark

Banned
I've had two Chromecasts for a week or so now and they've been phenomenal. I used the tab mirroring to watch MLB.tv all day yesterday and use it for Twitch all the time. I even dragged an .mkv file into a tab and boom it was on my TV. Rad device, especially for $35. Quality was totally fine, as good as my Roku (which is great) and I had none of the issues Norm had.

Netflix and YouTube were great, slightly better than the tabbed streaming.

Trying to browse the web is fucking laughable. Just atrocious.

LiK

I've had two Chromecasts for a week or so now and they've been phenomenal. I used the tab mirroring to watch MLB.tv all day yesterday and use it for Twitch all the time. I even dragged an .mkv file into a tab and boom it was on my TV. Rad device, especially for $35. Quality was totally fine, as good as my Roku (which is great) and I had none of the issues Norm had.

Netflix and YouTube were great, slightly better than the tabbed streaming.

Trying to browse the web is fucking laughable. Just atrocious.

Agree, watching local videos quickly without the need for using UMS or PMS is great. No lag or chug issues. I might get a second one as well.

Agree, watching local videos quickly without the need for using UMS or PMS is great. No lag or chug issues. I might get a second one as well.

I've been watching Saltybet.com all week, streaming from a tab. It's been great. It's about 2 or 3 seconds behind, though.

LiK

Damn, now I want one of these, and they seem sold out everywhere online.
yea, probably a good idea to order one so you'll get one as soon as they're in stock again. I also managed to get one during the free 3 month Netflix offer. It credited my account so the deal was even sweeter.

eznark

Banned
It sounds like Amazon is confident they'll be able to have all of the initial rush orders filled by early September and will have stock in October. At least that's what I gathered from some correspondence with their CS...though who knows if they actually know anything.

I am visiting my folks this weekend, man it was nice to just be able to grab the Chromecast and go as opposed to unplugging the Roku or Apple and gathering the cords.

Zaph

With the Chromecast, can you just plug it into one of the USB ports on your TV? Or will it be like my Pi and have a long boot-up every time my TV comes out of standby?

LiK

With the Chromecast, can you just plug it into one of the USB ports on your TV? Or will it be like my Pi and have a long boot-up every time my TV comes out of standby?

You can just plug it to USB or and it turns on in a few seconds. Pretty fast. My only gripe is that it takes a few seconds more to find my network. Other people have less issues than me with that.

Angst

I know they get a lot of flak when talking about games, but I find it really entertaining. More games, less 3d printing please.

I always was jealous of supermarket names in other states. Piggly Wiggly, Wegman's, Winn-Dixie, all superior names to Ralph's, Vons, Albertsons, which are the names of stores in L.A.

Top Bottom