• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What'd he say

Paraphrasing here, but something like...

"There's a scenario where the NSA aren't looking through emails and we get a lot more bomb threats or whatever, and the scenario where the NSA are looking through them and we're protected from them, and I know which scenario I'd rather have."

Curufinwe

But it was terrible. They were beyond misinformed about psvita and ps4/xbone details.

Norm was right about Ryse looking rubbish. I'm listening now so if they make any obvious errors I'll list them below.

So far, so good. Props to Gary for bring up P4G. And he got the memory card stuff right.

Zaph

Nothing terribly unreasonable. Essentially just that he is willing to give up freedoms in the name of security.
Seriously?

Ugh, I can kinda understand when some Americans or other nationalities unfamiliar with terrorism on their home soil react this way, but Whitta is old enough to remember the troubles and the difficult, long road to (relative) peace. There are no short cuts by cashing in freedoms.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I got kind of excited at first when Will said there was a SD adapter for vita...arrgh.

popo

Wow. Garry really really likes Saints Row. I like Saint Row but not that much.

I got kind of excited at first when Will said there was a SD adapter for vita...arrgh.

He even said it was a memory stick adapter. His mistake was he assumed that the Vita takes memory sticks.

Zaph

He even said it was a memory stick adapter. His mistake was he assumed that the Vita takes memory sticks.

M5FvKaP.png

huh... forget they are coming here for dragoncon and i assume the behind the myths tour.

I work like walking distance away from that and there are still tickets.... but $40 cheap seats + all the bullshit charges get to $64.... shit.

popo

Them having Adam on the site so much is understandable - he gets hits - but the bit where they follow him around at events as his personal vidiographers / entourage / cheerleaders is a bit wierd, Doubt Will and Norm are compaining though, there are worse ways to earn a living.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'd like to see more Jamie.

popo

Jamie doesn't seem to be in to it. The few spots he has done seem like he was cajoled in to doing them. Oddly awkward too, you would think he woould be a natural after all the TV and live shows he has done. Maybe he just has a thing about gingers.

Chuck

Still without luck
Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_yOFmQ1M0s

I was listening to a 2 year old cast and they talked about it. Apparently they had 2 more shows planned out but if I remember right, Will said WM didn't want to continue doing them for time and cost reasons. It's unfortunate since the idea of Top Gear but technology is interesting and they seem to do it well.

Maybe they could give it another try now that they shoot videos long before they posted and have (hopefully) more money to allow them to do cool things.

Curufinwe

Jamie doesn't seem to be in to it. The few spots he has done seem like he was cajoled in to doing them. Oddly awkward too, you would think he woould be a natural after all the TV and live shows he has done. Maybe he just has a thing about gingers.

He's still kind of awkward on his own TV show.

mattiewheels

I liked him in the oculus rift video, he's definitely not as chummy as Adam but he was the perfect guy to get that perspective from for the OR.

Zaph

If they do it, hopefully they'll be smarter about the start time. Beginning in the evening really took the steam out of them early. For all his talk/confidence/'strategy', Norm was useless for most of the 24hrs, leaving Will to put the team on his back.

popo

Only 5 minutes in and we get "Greg Cass-A-Van".

Will has to be trollin at this point.

Lol. Norm is now snearing as "gawkers" who follow around cosplayers at comicon. This from someone who only goes to take photos of cosplayers.

Chuck

Still without luck
Why do they say Nokia like that

I believe Will heard someone say it's spoken that way once. He doesn't realize that there are multiple ways to say it, and even he and Norm kept flipping between the pronunciations in a hilarious way.

popo

So all those virgins who flock to comicon with the fantasy of hooking up with a cosplayer should go to dragoncon instead? Booze plus most people having a hotel room should make for better odds.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Norm has completely missed the point of the QX100.

The market for a interchangeable lens phone camera is a far smaller market than a detachable accessory that's basically a compact zoom married to your smartphone.

panda21

the ragecast was pretty great

i love listening to Gary talking about UK stuff. and they really do/did have vans that could detect whether you had tv signal receiving equipment of any kind in your house

shame Gary isn't able to on weekly :(

popo

Those detecter vans were always fake. They just have a database of people who do not have a licence and knock on doors listening for the TV blaring away in the background.

Top Bottom