• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Loxley

I wonder have the Tested guys checked out the LEGO episode of James May's Toy Stories? I don't think the DVD is out in the US, and it is not on Netflix either, but it is on Youtube - split into 5 episodes starting here. He (and a team of helpers) make a whole house of LEGO - inside and out.

JZ2SPl.jpg

PjVPfl.jpg

I'd like to think I'm more up-to-date on British television than your average American...so how the hell have I never heard of this before now? Looks fucking awesome.

I'm going to post a picture of my lego star wars models (on a single shelf mind you!) tonight when I get home from work.

I haven't built a model in 2 months. But I am so poor right now. :(

Edit: Just heard on the podcast what your endurance test is. God I am so jealous. :(

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I actually went to the Lego store today...whatever the three-wing transport ship from RotJ was, it was definitely my favorite star wars set.

One other really interesting set was something that was coupled with its own iOS app, apparently you build whatever it pops up right on the screen and it times you...didn't know whether it was meant for younguns or what, but it looked intriguing.

Edit: Ahh, it's the Imperial Shuttle

I think Gary has a problem. I'd suggest Will and Norm stage an intervention but they are in just as deep!

It will be cool to find out in 6 months if there is such a thing as Lego rehab once they all hit brick bottom

I would recommend LEGO to anyone. I had forgotten just how therapeutic and satisfying it is to build something like that. Everyone should do it!

I thought that app looked weird.

Here is the official word on it...

This is not the official digital Dominion. We have no contract with these people, whoever they are.

In general we don't mind random strangers writing Dominion programs, provided 1) they are not charged for, and 2) they don't use any of the copyrighted art, which is to say any of the art whatsoever.

If this program uses any actual art or has a charge or both, please do not support it.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8286618#8286618

ghostmind

Lego sounds like fun but what the hell do you do with the models once they are built?

My plan (once I have 11 good sets to display) is to cycle a set in each month on my display shelf, so that there is always something new to show and I am keep building on a regular basis (like Gary said, I find it very therapeutic). Once I cycle a set out, it gets broken down for next year, or I transfer it to my storage bin for MOC builds.

Do you need the paid subscription to get to the Lego content? Or does all content become free eventually?

Lego is paid content. I believe the first episode is supposed to be free (as a tease to get you to subscribe). It is unlikely any of the paid episodes will ever go free. That has not happened to any other member content on any of the Whiskey sites.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
421515_10100269842400687_22614594_43638928_1427337911_n.jpg

The view at the Lego store was awesome --^ I salute you guys for doing a Lego-off!

I really can't recommend highly enough getting a little LEGO set and building it. It's amazing how therapeutic and satisfying it is. Only problem is it's a gateway drug and pretty soon you will have an expensive habit.

Vyer

I really can't recommend highly enough getting a little LEGO set and building it. It's amazing how therapeutic and satisfying it is. Only problem is it's a gateway drug and pretty soon you will have an expensive habit.

Gah, yeah, the way I've been hovering over this and the LEGO thread, I can feel my willpower slipping.

Chairhome

My wife and I used to be into jigsaw puzzles before we had kids. I might suggest this to do with her. Maybe even get small ones to get my kids involved (4 and 2 years old). You guys rock.

Top Bottom