• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

UrokeJoe

Live podcast open to everyone this week.

It just started.

http://www.tested.com/chat/

Appreciate this.

If I subscribe and pay money, can we get some border?

kOWOt.jpg

I'm a long time fan, and a kidding kind of guy... something in gold would be nice.

Chuck

Still without luck
While you're trying and failing to cure your Lego addiction, why not listen to a NEW episode of This is Only a Test!

bBbfC.png

Episode 108 - Electric Fascism - 02/16/2012

On this week's episode, Will mispronounces stuff, Gary loves fortified yoghurt, and Norm referees an intervention. All that, plus OS X Mountain Lion, Windows on ARM, and another episode of fake outtakes.

Chuck

Still without luck
Will giving shit just to give shit? That doesn't sound like him at all!

Oh, and thanks for mentioning PG Tips, Gary. I haven't had it in long time and was quickly reminded how awesome it is that Amazon really does sell everything.

Recon

Banned
I wish Gary could be on more of the video stuff on Tested.

I think at that point, he would have to be some kind of paid member. I am surprised he is on almost every podcast without being paid. I think it is fucking awesome and I am glad, but it is a decent time commitment. Gary is what got me hooked to This Is Only a Test, and I would miss his brand of awesome if he were to get too busy to do it.

I think at that point, he would have to be some kind of paid member. I am surprised he is on almost every podcast without being paid. I think it is fucking awesome and I am glad, but it is a decent time commitment. Gary is what got me hooked to This Is Only a Test, and I would miss his brand of awesome if he were to get too busy to do it.

They did offer to pay him for the podcast at one point iirc.

Majine

Banned

Ah, I wasn't aware of that stuff.

Recon

Banned
They did offer to pay him for the podcast at one point iirc.

I kinda assumed they did, but it is nice he just does it. Tested wouldnt be the same without him. I would still listen, because I became fans of Will and Norm, but I always miss Gary when he isnt on.

2009 iMac is considered old and busted?

Do macs have shorter 'life span' vs windows stuff?

Always thought 4-5 years was a good avg life span for a computer without upgrading or other inf to keep up with the latest games. And then I still believe the mid tier GPU can play modern games well for 2-3 years.

2009 iMac is considered old and busted?
I wouldn't normally consider it such, it's just that mine has been acting a bit janky lately. I might just re-install the OS. This system is still way overpowered for what I ask of it. You also have to understand the mentality of Apple owners who will use any excuse to upgrade. If the next iMac comes with a sexy design refresh it's all over.

eznark

Banned
Will and Gary are bigger trolls than any forum poster in this thread.

Blech ugh gross windows I'm going to get lunch. Later norm.

I wouldn't normally consider it such, it's just that mine has been acting a bit janky lately. I might just re-install the OS. This system is still way overpowered for what I ask of it. You also have to understand the mentality of Apple owners who will use any excuse to upgrade. If the next iMac comes with a sexy design refresh it's all over.

Ah makes sense. Had my fair share of broke pcs when working at a comp store.

Choked on my coffee when you were all ' fuck Obama is here! Traffic is gonna suck!'

Gotta love how Will trolls on kindle fire whenever he can.

Will and Gary are bigger trolls than any forum poster in this thread.

Blech ugh gross windows I'm going to get lunch. Later norm.
Yes, that bit came right before we actually had a long discussion about W8 and concluded that it could be really great if they pull it off. TROLLED!

And the w8 discussion ended with apple.

eznark

Banned
Yes, that bit came right before we actually had a long discussion about W8 and concluded that it could be really great if they pull it off. TROLLED!

Eventual positivity hardly negates trolling, especially with the "maybe I'll go back to windows" troll. I think it's humorous, but doing that then crying about trolls on the internet is so weak. Dish and take, Gary!

As a mac fetishist, you're in for one of the coolest early parenting moments ever. I let my daughter play with the ipad every now and then. She is only a year old so she's too young to really do anything but press it, however a few months ago she figured out how to unlock it. Not like accidentally unlock it, but she learned to push the button, slide the slider and boom...unlocked. Watching her puzzle through the process and learn how to do it was the most magical thing that has ever happened with my ipad and iphones.

Great app for infants is Uzu. It's a cool visualizer that reacts to touch.

Jesus, that was just a giant apple circle jerk for first 45minutes. What is the os usage breake down for pcs/osx and android/apple that access your website? Time covering apple stuff vs android and windows coverage in some episodes is anemic.

willsmith

Jesus, that was just a giant apple circle jerk for first 45minutes. What is the os usage breake down for pcs/osx and android/apple that access your website? Time covering apple stuff vs android and windows coverage in some episodes is anemic.

It's an opinion show where we discuss the news and events that are interesting to us. We don't claim to be the publication of record. OPINION is the important word.

In the year 2012, Apple is one of a very small number of vendors doing interesting things with personal computers. Their share of the personal computer market continues to increase as a result. That's why we talk about them, and that's why we'll continue to talk about them.

If you want to hear from people who think its 1995 still, that RISC vs CISC is a relevant topic, and Steve Jobs is the devil, there are plenty of podcasts out there for you. That's the beauty of the internet. In the meantime, we'll keep talking about the relevant tech we're interested in without concern for iconoclastic wankery.

eznark

Banned
It's an opinion show where we discuss the news and events that are interesting to us. We don't claim to be the publication of record. OPINION is the important word.

In the year 2012, Apple is one of a very small number of vendors doing interesting things with personal computers. Their share of the personal computer market continues to increase as a result. That's why we talk about them, and that's why we'll continue to talk about them.

If you want to hear from people who think its 1995 still, that RISC vs CISC is a relevant topic, and Steve Jobs is the devil, there are plenty of podcasts out there for you. That's the beauty of the internet. In the meantime, we'll keep talking about the relevant tech we're interested in without concern for iconoclastic wankery.

That part is clearly not true!

Will fuckin' REPRESENTING. Co-signed.

Who gives a shit. Its not like they've ever promised fair and balanced coverage. Its called Tested, which means it is an opinion-based recommendation. If you like the opinions, you read the site more, and vice versa.

notworksafe

Apples doing interesting stuff? :|

Compared to MS, yeah they are. There's nothing wrong with not being interesting. IBM is dull as hell and still makes tons of money. But just like IBM, I wouldn't be surprised if MS turns into one of the tech companies people take for granted and aren't as discussed on podcasts or tech/gadget blogs.

numble

Why do the people on Tested talk about Breaking Bad and The Wire during the first half hour?

Don't they know that How I Met Your Mother and Glee have more marketshare?

But seriously, can that stuff be moved to Fake Outtakes?

Kurdel

Banned
I would rather hear you guys talk honestly about what you want to talk about, rather than metering you time making sure to cover everything equally.

Keep it up!

I drink coffee just for the thermogenic effect, so that means whatever instant coffee is cheapest at the store. Suck it will.

Compared to MS, yeah they are. There's nothing wrong with not being interesting. IBM is dull as hell and still makes tons of money. But just like IBM, I wouldn't be surprised if MS turns into one of the tech companies people take for granted and aren't as discussed on podcasts or tech/gadget blogs.

I hope they do something interesting enough to keep me from going back to android.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Listened to the last three episodes and enjoyed them a bunch.

Audience +1

eznark

Banned
Gary, If Idle Thumbs is resurrected, would you be willing to be a guest on the podcast? There is a lot of crossover between the GB, Tested, and Thumbs podcasts. you'd already be working with Jake and Sean.

You might even get a nickname that people will forever remember.

I have no idea what that is! What is it?

Gary Whitta said:
Oh yeah I know those guys, I am working with them on TWD. Sean and I are on the Playing Dead couch next week! Had no idea they did a podcast!
lol at Gary pretending to be a fan of Idle Thumbs

notworksafe

I hope they do something interesting enough to keep me from going back to android.

At this point I'm heavily invested in iOS and switching to Android incurs a bunch of extra app costs. It's annoying. My roommate has a Thunderbolt and it seems pretty nice. His is the only Android device I've used and I haven't had any complaints from the few times I've used it.

I have been liking what I've seen in WP7 (plus no app switching costs cause it has no apps!). I wish there was a way to test drive a phone for a week or two before buying.

Top Bottom